• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

We should take all the male whackos and the female whackos together, have them date each other and broadcast it on television.

It'd be the worst best reality TV show ever.
Nah, there's already plenty of reality/game shows like that out there, in fact probably too many.(Whether it be weirdos, people who hate each other, or just crazy people.) In fact they're considered the cancer of television, I'd rather not have more of them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nah, there's already plenty of reality/game shows like that out there, in fact probably too many.(Whether it be weirdos, people who hate each other, or just crazy people.) In fact they're considered the cancer of television, I'd rather not have more of them.
That's why "worst" was crossed out

D

Deleted member

That's why "worst" was crossed out
I'm aware, but I'm just saying it's been done before. I'm just kind of tired of morons being exploited, it brings more harm then good when much attention is focused on them, and often they're the ones who are rewarded.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh, I made a Fire Emblem Warriors Roster, if any of you care to see.

I'm currently deciding on who to add for DLC.
Why is literally the entire cast of Fates playable?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander because they're already practically revealed, Azura because she the other main character of Fates and can provide a unique Songstress/Dancer moveset.
Garon because he's the main antagonist for most of Fates and gave me a 2nd villain.
The Hoshidan Family to represent Birthright and the Nohrian Family to represent Conquest.

D

Deleted member

That's not the entire cast of fates, though that is the main siblings. I guess he included them because they're all considered lords.

Though personally I think only Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander should be playable at most. Maybe playable Garron too at the utter most.

I'll make an FEW roster in a bit.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander because they're already practically revealed, Azura because she the other main character of Fates and can provide a unique Songstress/Dancer moveset.
Garon because he's the main antagonist for most of Fates and gave me a 2nd villain.
The Hoshidan Family to represent Birthright and the Nohrian Family to represent Conquest.
But what about literally every other game barring those three?

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
If I look at the Switch as a portable console first, and a home console second, it's a lot more appealing. It's still a portable console with a **** battery life, but it's also the most powerful portable console ever made. And unlike the Vita, it's actually going to have first party support.

Looking at it as a home console first, it's sorta lackluster.

It makes me wonder if maybe selling a second version of the Switch, one without the dock, would be a good idea. After all, you don't even need the dock to function. You could lose it, and everything is fine.
I think that's the only time I've seen the word "Vita" mentioned on this site.

I figured I already had enough characters for Fates :p
Good Call.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Make Scolipede greater!

...please.
That's... not exactly the type of Pokémon I'd buff (at least not a lot) but alright.
HP: 60 (Same)
Attack: 110 (+10)
Defense: 89 (Same)
Special Attack: 55 (Same)
Special Defense: 89 (+20)
Speed: 112 (Same)
... Yeah, not a lot, but I really can't find much reason to buff Scolipede up. Outside of a mediocre offensive typing it's a pretty solid Pokémon.

Castform stat redistribution please. :p

It's my favorite Pokémon and one that I've had some ideas for, haha. It has a fantastic movepool but having base seventy stats across the board is just so...well, awful.
Now that one's relatively easy. Probably not going to make the biggest difference, but it should be a decent improvement.
HP: 70
Attack: 70
Defense: 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 (+20)
Speed: 80 (+10)
Forecast prevents Cloud Nine or even Air Lock from eliminating weather effects as long as Castform is on the field. Also, Castform gets a new form (that it should have had ages ago): the Sandy form, which... yeah, I don't think I have to explain that. :p Just give it some special ground type moves and BAM! A decently improved Castform.

:094:

D

Deleted member

That's literally my worst case scenario
Well, maybe not so much, having it be mostly Awakening would be worse imo.
But, like, there are 11 other FE games

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This.

I think we will be getting at least 4 games represented here and with multiple characters per game.

In fact, I don't see sakura, Hinoka, or Elise actually making it. I think we'll get another healer instead and probably only one or two healers if that. I wouldn't be surprised if they glanced over the healer category at all.

I also think that everyone from Smash is getting in, as it be a missed opportunity not to. So I'd throw Roy on there.

Unlike HW, I think the game's roster will be around 6 or more characters bigger then the first HW and without DLC.

FE is a massive franchise with all kinds of popular characters, so I see them really making sure they appeal to each game in the franchise and a wide variety of fans.

Also more villains.

And if anyone from fates should get in, it should be:

Anakhos. That would make so much sense. He could be the Volga of this game, maybe corrin to.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

I know next-to-nothing about Fire Emblem aside from what's in Smash and honestly do not care too much about the franchise, but even then I can tell that people wouldn't be too happy about this roster.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Anime BenchWatch part 6:Gakusen Toshi Asterisk or The Asterisk War
I didnt walk into this anime with much expectations.Its a anime produced by A-1 pictures and Aniplex(The guys who did SAO) so i didnt expect a masterpiece.But man this was just awful.Like i **** on SAO a lot but atleast it was interesting at points,this is as by the numbers as you can get.And it doesnt help that it somehow turns into a harem anime...which im not surprised about now that i think about it.Like the characters are dull, you get generic nice guy for your MC,Pink-hiar Tsundere girl,shy girl,Big boobed bimbo but who is actually very smart,etc.Its as by the #'s as you can get and the thing is who can have all those characters and make but no its goes for the generic and uninteresting route imaginable.Was seriously a chore to finish this

2/10.Avoid at all cost
You sound just like Digibro in his 12-part analysis of the series
It certainly was entertaining and I think you'd enjoy it much more than the actual show even though I think it's longer than Asterisk War itself.

But seriously, want a good action series that won't make you want to kill yourself for watching it? Watch one of Bones's shows from last year: My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho 100 or Bungou Stray Dogs, while they have their issues(well, except MP100, if it has any, they aren't apparent) they are still all great shows imo.
If you wanna watch a version of The Asterisk War but less garbage, watch Chilvary of a Failed Knight. Its mediocre but man they try some crazy and intersting stuff than TAW.

Plus I won't spoil it but it takes the Battle Harem Anime trope and turn it on its head with one event

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Hmm. . .I wonder how I'd do it.

Logically speaking, Hyrule Warriors had only 16 characters in the base game with four of them being OCs and the amount of characters from your list that are practically locked in is probably over half that even without said OCs taking up the number.

But if I were doing it, I'd go crazy and start throwing in as many classes as I could while making the roster larger from the start.

Taguel, Wolfskin, Kitsune. . .could Freelancer work? You need an axe user somewhere in there, too. Maybe a Wyvern Rider would work for that. Oh, and one of the fan using class from Fates, where they attack you with zodiac spirits. That would TOTALLY be an awesome idea!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got back from driving on the highway with only 1 headlight. No cops, luckily. But I did have some asshole who rode my ass with his highbeams on

Autumn ♫

This.

I think we will be getting at least 4 games represented here and with multiple characters per game.

In fact, I don't see sakura, Hinoka, or Elise actually making it. I think we'll get another healer instead and probably only one or two healers if that. I wouldn't be surprised if they glanced over the healer category at all.

I also think that everyone from Smash is getting in, as it be a missed opportunity not to. So I'd throw Roy on there.

Unlike HW, I think the game's roster will be around 6 or more characters bigger then the first HW and without DLC.

FE is a massive franchise with all kinds of popular characters, so I see them really making sure they appeal to each game in the franchise and a wide variety of fans.

Also more villains.

And if anyone from fates should get in, it should be:

Anakhos. That would make so much sense. He could be the Volga of this game, maybe corrin to.
I'm not convinced of everyone in Smash getting into the base game, especially when it didn't happen with Hyrule Warriors until we got Legends.

As for why I added the other Fates family, I added Takumi because he'd be the only one to primarily fight with a bow, Camilla because she would be the only one the fight with wyvern, Leo as the only pure magic user, and Hinoka as she would fight differently than Caeda, being more reckless. I then added Elise and Sakura since both of them are the most important healers I can think of, and it'd round off the family as well.

Also, I've added other games onto the DLC like how HW did with it's DLC.

I legit cannot see Anakos being playable, I can see him as a boss, but due to his size and lack of a normal one, I can't see Anakos being playable. Garon also left a much larger impact on Fates than Anakos did, being a prominent villain in all of 2 games and 1/2 of one

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel really lonely.

Aren't I supposed to be making friends faster? Even if we don't share the same interests?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I would want to see all of the main characters of each FE game be playable in FE Warriors.

However I can see them just adding characters from Marth's games, Awakening and Fates, because in the trailer it only showed swords from those 3 games and more importantly #FE only featured characters that were in Marth's games and Awakening.

Side note: Why the **** was Sigurd not a DLC character in Awakening?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not convinced of everyone in Smash getting into the base game, especially when it didn't happen with Hyrule Warriors until we got Legends.
Well yeah, because for the most part, we already had a Link.

:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf:

We had everyone else.

Even Sheik.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I still think the "Class-dependant moveset" is the best way to go: you can add a bunch of characters with only new voices and models being required instead of new animations and movesets.
Otherwise only Lords will get to show up and, really, outside of FE7, who ever cared about any of the Lords?
FE is not only about the Lords and the last three games that came out, you can't solo an FE game with Lords and you certainly cannot enjoy the best of what FE has to offer with just 3/4 of the worst games in the franchise.
I'm hyped for that game but I know it'll be a disappointment at the end but hey, I can at least dream, right?
If you wanna watch a version of The Asterisk War but less garbage, watch Chilvary of a Failed Knight. Its mediocre but man they try some crazy and intersting stuff than TAW.

Plus I won't spoil it but it takes the Battle Harem Anime trope and turn it on its head with one event
The last part of Digibro's analysis actually compares it to TAW
It looks much better even if being just your typical action shonen but I don't think it's that good
And this is it with DLC.

I'm considering adding Gaius, Cordelia, and Tharja as well, since they were also in Fates
That DLC alone is better than your base roster
Except the Awakening trio, they have no reason being in this game.

Autumn ♫

Well yeah, because for the most part, we already had a Link.

:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf:

We had everyone else.

Even Sheik.
If Hyrule Warriors didn't have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf from the get-go, it'd already be a really bad roster.

Sheik is also a big part of Ocarina of Time, so it wouldn't make much sense to leave her out, especially with how popular she is.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kellam was also confirmed for Fire Emblem Warriors, but literally no one saw him in the trailer.

Autumn ♫

That DLC alone is better than your base roster
The DLC in Hyrule Warriors was also better than the base game, your point? :p

Also the three (which may turn into 6) are also not only popular characters in their own right, but also span across two games which have nothing to do with each other, which is something never done in a Fire Emblem game before, so I believe they may start being promoted elsewhere.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Otherwise only Lords will get to show up and, really, outside of FE7, who ever cared about any of the Lords?
I was gonna point to my avatar but then I remembered it wasn't Chrom anymore.

Looker is best Fire Emblem character.
Look honey, a wrong opinion! :D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Diddy Kong is due for a spin-off of his own again.

Make it happen Nintendo. It doesn't have to be a racing game. Just something.

There's all these Mario cast spin-offs after all.

Autumn ♫

This just in: FE 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 don't exist.
:4myfriends:
You didn't even include the series's second biggest protagonist.

:4feroy: Or even the Smash coverage.
Look at the DLC, silly. :p

Also, if I were to add two more characters to the base roster, it would definitely have been Ike and Black Knight. Hell, they were on there until I cut down the roster some.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Roy will get in. I can guarantee he'll be in Fire Emblem Warriors. His Smash popularity is too huge for him to not be present. Plus they'll probably add him because of his fire effects from Smash being something you can put easily into a Warriors type game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom