• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://docs.google.com/a/mail.wou....IdQ3ue40iHjsb_Em5wd0dYJvxJ4Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

Here is a survey, some people are sending all over to gauge thoughts on the Switch.

It's getting a lot of votes.

So please add some more.

That said, here are the results.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Vf_IdQ3ue40iHjsb_Em5wd0dYJvxJ4Q/viewanalytics

Results are better than I thought they'd be.
This is a surprsiing amount of positivity. Of course the fact taht it seems the majority of voters are nintendo fans doesnt exactly help lol.

Also all soda is gross and unhealthy.
:061:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking about ARMS, it could have potential beyond Wii Boxing Plus Dhaslsim bt it'd need a good feature set.

Especially if it had a good online with ranking and good netcode. Or even just some party modes for the drinking games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is a surprsiing amount of positivity. Of course the fact taht it seems the majority of voters are nintendo fans doesnt exactly help lol.

Also all soda is gross and unhealthy.
:061:
That is a problem I saw with the polling, but they are working on spreading it around.

That said, I'm surprised that the results didn't dip hugely once other reddits got involved.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have you ever eaten so much that your throat rejects any more? I'm at all you can eat sushi and they have a "no wasting" policy but my throat is rejecting any attempt to swollow

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have you ever eaten so much that your throat rejects any more? I'm at all you can eat sushi and they have a "no wasting" policy but my throat is rejecting any attempt to swollow
Then you should have grabbed less ya dum
You can also buy an mp3 player to continue listening while on foot. Unfortunately doesn't work on chocobo and gets cut off when in battle. Still coo though.
So I can't have Decisive Battle when fighting? Not buying XV anymore

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I went in search of a sponge monster because now the idea refuses to vacate my brain.

And it turns out if you ask nature to make a menacing sponge, the result is less laughter and more, "challenge accepted."

I wanted a sponge monster.

But not like this, man.

Not like this.

Who lives in a horrorscape under the sea? SpongeJack HellNo!
Disturbing, nightmarish and murd'rous is he? SpongeJack HellNo!
That sponge reminds me of Admiral Ackbar for some reason.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
My church was handing out free soda, and I got a large bottle of Stars and Stripes cola. My parents aren't going to drink it because it's diet, so I have to drink it all myself. It doesn't taste bad, just off.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
https://docs.google.com/a/mail.wou....IdQ3ue40iHjsb_Em5wd0dYJvxJ4Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

Here is a survey, some people are sending all over to gauge thoughts on the Switch.

So please add some more.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Vf_IdQ3ue40iHjsb_Em5wd0dYJvxJ4Q/viewanalytics

I'm curious to see the results from people who don't frequent gaming communities.

D

Deleted member

I see some people blatantly lied about their age.
Well yeah, but that's polling/surverys in a nutshell, you're never going to get the exact facts, you can only get a general idea. But even then that can be highly inaccurate depending on what kind of people are being polled specifically or what kind of questions you ask.

For instance, I'd say this poll is only available to an audience that would be interested in the switch.(Funnily enough, this is blatant because of the top voted consoles are Wii/Wii U/3DS.)

It seems to be an audience of PC users that usually just have Nintendo consoles to the side.(Usually because that Nintendo has the most distinct exclusives.) But it's not surprising seeing the reddit subs people are voting from.(Mostly Nintendo and PC subs.)

So whoever said that this was impressive for the switch over... Nah, not really.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

So please add some more.

Not exactly a selection of unbiased opinions or great variety in people polled... seems most results are coming from Nintendo-oriented subreddits.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I watched some gameplay of FFXV...
Needless to say, I want the game...would be awesome if Square could bring it to the Switch...

And I'm still hoping for FFVIIR for the Switch....

D

Deleted member

Based on what I read on the website, it looks like the Nintendo Switch Online Service will not make use of the Nintendo Network ID, instead opting to use the general, master Nintendo Account which is used for My Nintendo and smart device apps. It kind of sounds to me like they're planning to shut down all Nintendo Network services later on, and discard the brand name for something else, much like what happened to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm surprised how much I am enjoying FFXV
For the most part it's a really good game. And considering the development hell it went through, it's a miracle it came out so well.

I mean, yeah, it does have issues, some really glaring issues, but they're enough to deter me from saying it's an amazing experience. It's a really solid foundation that can and should be improved upon if they ever decide to continue with real-time gameplay.

Personally, I can't wait for the ability to play as other characters and even create you own character
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-update-road-map-revealed/

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For the most part it's a really good game. And considering the development hell it went through, it's a miracle it came out so well.

I mean, yeah, it does have issues, some really glaring issues, but they're enough to deter me from saying it's an amazing experience. It's a really solid foundation that can and should be improved upon if they ever decide to continue with real-time gameplay.

Personally, I can't wait for the ability to play as other characters and even create you own character
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-update-road-map-revealed/
Character creator would be awesome.

Other people playing Final Fantasy XV is my least favorite thing about not having a PS4 right now

After that comes Kingdom hearts stuff.

SPEAKING OF kingdom hearts
I forgot how much II loved kingdom hearts music after taking a break

gggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd I love this stuff.
:707:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I saw this in a little shop and bought it

It's not in perfect condition but it's still nice

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Other people playing Final Fantasy XV is my least favorite thing about not having a PS4 right now

After that comes Kingdom hearts stuff.

SPEAKING OF kingdom hearts
I forgot how much II loved kingdom hearts music after taking a break

gggggggggggggggggggggggggooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd I love this stuff.
:707:
Pah ps4 is overrated.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So how do you think the Arms characters would be handled by Sakurai in Smash? Because they have the potential to have INSANE reach. Also I might need to look into more gameplay but do they have different moves besides just punching straight forward?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So how do you think the Arms characters would be handled by Sakurai in Smash? Because they have the potential to have INSANE reach. Also I might need to look into more gameplay but do they have different moves besides just punching straight forward?
They seem to have customizable weapons the players can choose from before they start a battle.

So perhaps it will be like Pit and they'd be able to use some of those weapons for certain special moves?

Chrono.

I started off really liking FFXV but the more I played it the more some things got annoying.

The fact that you only see what happens in the story through Noct's eyes is taken to the literal extreme so you end up missing CRUICIAL plot points (contrast FFXIII's issue of having too much infodump to read, but at least it's there, unlike this game), the fact that Kingsglaive and Brotherhood are near-mandatory to enjoy the story more and I get what they were going for it but that's not gonna change the fact that Kingsglaive is one of the most boring movies I've seen (Brotherhood is fine).

The open world, in my eyes, is really... dull to explore. Just a bunch of regular-ass environments, in a regular looking world, just "driving" your car in what could be considered a glorified loading screen.

The music is... Okay. I find the battle themes to be pretty generic. They're different depending on where you are and what type of battle you're doing but they all just kinda sound the same to me (some of the boss themes are fantastic though). No overworld music (outside of certain areas) also bugs me more than it should and when there is music it's not really noteworthy.

I'll give the game this, the battle system is insanely fun and rewarding too, I hope future games expand on it instead of throwing it away. Noctis is also a great protag, the broskis are alright too (Prompto and Ignis are good, Gladio is just okay).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I partially watched some of the gameplay during Treehouse. They have a distance grab that would probably work like Link/Samus's. Everything other than that seems to punch forward, but the way it does is different. One fist type was a bunch of bullets, another was a slap, there was a mace, I think maybe a boomerang? All of it seemed to punch straight forward or at a slight angle, but the modifications could do some stuff to varying degrees of odd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reggie's statement about the launch
“Launch day is not the be-all and the end-all. It really is the steady pacing of content that continually reinforces for the people who bought into the platform why they made a smart choice, as well as what compels people who might be sitting on the sidelines to jump in. We feel we have this great ongoing march of content to motivate you to jump into the platform.”

Reggie's statement about the paid online
“People have taken shots at us for that. The reality is, the way that online experiences have progressed, it’s an expensive proposition. The amount of servers we need to support Smash Brothers or Mario Kart — these big multiplayer games — is not a small investment. There are no friend codes within what we’re doing.”

Woomy is something Inklings say, Splatoon=Woomy
Reggie doesn't realise the problem is not only paying for the online but that certaon countries have NO WAY to pay for it
Which Dutch retailer is this anyway? Even then it's a fake leak for getting Odyssey wrong

And I just realized @Shishœ got cucked HARD. First Nintendo makes a new IP that can be called EO and now the video game people think of with 'Odyssey' is Mario. "Fire Emblem: Etrian Kingdom" or something when?
It's not like "Odyssey" is trademarked by daddy Atlus
If anyone got cucked, it was Homerus
I'll get pissed if they use Etria tho

Also, fun fact: despite being called "Etrian Odyssey", only the first game(and its remake) takes place in the town of Etria. That's mostly to blame on the localisation team as the original name was "Sekaiju no Meikyuu" aka "Labyrinth of the World Tree"(Or "Yggdrasil Labyrinth" as it was intended to be ot name internationally). It was changed to avoid any possible confusion with Yggdra Union or Deep Labyrinth since daddy Atlus published those two in North America.

This is an Etrian Fact, brought to you by your resident etrian nerd
"Mega Man has the largest reach."
"No, Shulk has it!"
"Now it's Corrin"
"Nah, **** it, let's go back to Mega Man, it's Spring Man"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
"Mega Man has the largest reach."
"No, Shulk has it!"
"Now it's Corrin"
"Nah, **** it, let's go back to Mega Man, it's Spring Man"
Gotta love how Sakurai gave us so many characters with long reach in this game with varying degrees wether its from the side or up. And then Ninty comes up with Arms.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I still hope Final Fantasy XVI goes back to the more medieval style of the old games. It'd be cool to fly around in an airship and all that but have it more like FFXV in playstyle.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I started off really liking FFXV but the more I played it the more some things got annoying.

The fact that you only see what happens in the story through Noct's eyes is taken to the literal extreme so you end up missing CRUICIAL plot points (contrast FFXIII's issue of having too much infodump to read, but at least it's there, unlike this game), the fact that Kingsglaive and Brotherhood are near-mandatory to enjoy the story more and I get what they were going for it but that's not gonna change the fact that Kingsglaive is one of the most boring movies I've seen (Brotherhood is fine).

The open world, in my eyes, is really... dull to explore. Just a bunch of regular-*** environments, in a regular looking world, just "driving" your car in what could be considered a glorified loading screen.

The music is... Okay. I find the battle themes to be pretty generic. They're different depending on where you are and what type of battle you're doing but they all just kinda sound the same to me (some of the boss themes are fantastic though). No overworld music (outside of certain areas) also bugs me more than it should and when there is music it's not really noteworthy.

I'll give the game this, the battle system is insanely fun and rewarding too, I hope future games expand on it instead of throwing it away. Noctis is also a great protag, the broskis are alright too (Prompto and Ignis are good, Gladio is just okay).
Yup, pretty much these are the glaring flaws with the game (among maybe a few other things).

For an open world it's sparsely populated. The only actual town is Lestallum, everything else, excluding Galdin Quay is just a gas station, motel, and restaurant. Compared that to something like Skyrim or Fallout where there's multiple towns/cities, and even outside of that, there's places where people just live. And even then Lestallum isn't all that interesting of a place to stay in. It's cool in design, but there's no interesting story behind it. The various holds of Skyrim all had their own stories to tell.

I don't think the issue with FFXV's world is that it's generic, but that it's just dead. Anything that falls outside of the main quest is just padding rather than a whole new experience. The reason I compare it to Skyrim isn't because I think Skyrim is some bastion of great open world games, but because it still accomplishes a more "living" world than FFXV did. Even if Lestallum is the only town, had the side quests been given more of a story rather than "go there, do this" it would've made the world feel less, plain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom