• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I took a detour for a moment to do something.

At least it isn't as bad if you close it's mouth. . .and stick an accessory on it.
avi_peeking_post.png
I'm stashing this for the next time you need a reminder that you're an awesome human being.

That bow tie, seriously.

I adore this, thank ye kindly.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
who is gonna try to head right to the final boss at the start of the game?

I might attempt it, then ***** out in the end and turn back

Zelda: "Wake Up, Link"
Link: "HYAAAA EEEEEAGH!"
*rips off shirt, runs towards Calamity Ganon with a wooden sword*
*dies*
Zelda: "Everything I've done now.... for nothing"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unless you get some kind of discount for owning the vanilla Mario Kart 8, I can't see myself getting Mario Kart 8:Deluxe.
Personally, I'd be fine with getting it at full price, since it's the one Mario Kart game I've enjoyed a lot in years. I'd lean towards getting it physically, so I don't think there would be many discounts in that format, anyways. The lack of new tracks is unfortunate, but I'll give it a pass.

I figure it would have been good if there was a way to copy or outright transfer your Wii U save data over to the Switch version, but that's not happening.

I think I won't buy Nintendo switch because I would need to pay to play online and there isn't enough games to choose from at launch but I will wait until smash switch gets announced then I would buy it.
Or at least having Geno back in any switch game.
You do get a free trial of the online service once the system launches, so if you ever get it during its first few months on the market, you could check it out before the paywall comes later in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That redheaded character...

While I'm not ruling out the possibility of her being Impa (the old woman voice in the trailer could likely be Impa IMO) I don't think she is however...

Sheikah while indeed having a darker skin tone...usually have red eyes and white/blonde hair...

She's more similar to a Gerudo due to her dark skin and red hair...plus it seems like you can meet her in a desert region where the Gerudo are native to...
The only inconsistencies being her having green eyes instead of the usual yellow eyes and having pointy ears which Gerudo don't have...

Its possible she may be of a separate race entirely...the Gerudo since they only have 1 male born every hundred years require breeding through other means thus hydrids will occur...so she could be of a race that descended from the Gerudo...
We do see various races related to the Zoras and Kokiri so its not too big of a stretch...

As I said I don't believe she is Impa though...the old woman's voice could be....but we'll see...

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah, the ears are what makes me think the character definitely isn't Gerudo.

I figured Sheikah is more likely since eye color just seems more variable than something like ear shape. She could be part of a new race all together though.
Well, was more saying she's more likely to be a Gerudo then a Sheikah, since she has more in common with the Gerudo then the Shiekah. May just be a dark skinned Hylain, since those do exist. Also could be what the Gerudo became in the Adult timeline, since it seems more and more possible BOTW will be in the adult timeline.

Although I want her to be a Gerudo so the stupid fan theory that the Gerudo were massacred in the Adult timeline dies completely.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You do get a free trial of the online service once the system launches, so if you ever get it in its first few months, you could check it out before the paywall comes later in the year.
Im still not a fan of that pay to play but Ill at least wait to see what the price is before I start crying more

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, was more saying she's more likely to be a Gerudo then a Sheikah, since she has more in common with the Gerudo then the Shiekah. May just be a dark skinned Hylain, since those do exist. Also could be what the Gerudo became in the Adult timeline, since it seems more and more possible BOTW will be in the adult timeline.

Although I want her to be a Gerudo so the stupid fan theory that the Gerudo were massacred in the Adult timeline dies completely.
You mean the child timeline?

Which they are confirmed to not be extinct since they are present in Four Swords Adventures...

D

Deleted member

I found this series in my recommendations, a break down of why it sucks, very well made so far, they recently finished the whole analysis
I watched that series, like, yesterday lol
But yeah, he makes a good analysis of MN9 and I'm surprised at how bad the levels are designed
I didn't see any footage of it outside of the final boss but man, these levels just suck, who designed that ****?
Candlejack? That old joke? You need new ma
What joke? I don't ge

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that we've seen the Zelda/Animal Crossing DLC for MK8 Deluxe, we still haven't seen the Mercedes-Benz DLC.

Not like it's a deal breaker or anything if it gets cut.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That incredibly dumb moment where you forget to cross reference post-OoT Gerudo before making a comment that only applies to OoT Gerudo.

Whoops. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh he's got something unbreakable alright.

I blame Pumpkaboo.
Don't forget the buns of steel. Here's an old record of their power

This guy played too much SotN and tried to backdash
Now that we've seen the Zelda/Animal Crossing DLC for MK8 Deluxe, we still haven't seen the Mercedes-Benz DLC.

Not like it's a deal breaker or anything if it gets cut.
NO MERCEDES NO BUY

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
For the record, I don't actually want to buy Mario Kart.

For Woomy Kart, however, there is a small part of my heart that considers the proposition.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So after doing the Champion league again and beating Tapu Koko (killed woops), I scanned the special QR code for Magearna, caught Tapu Koko & Fini, got myself a item to evolve slowpoke by beating the Principle and finally beat some trainers to get the Mega Evolution stuff.

I'm gonna try to catch a Rioule now.

You don't capture Cosmog, you acquire it...

It just gets placed into a poke-ball...
Oh, thats neat! But what am I supposed to use a moon ball for then, I'm scared to waste it.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You mean the child timeline?

Which they are confirmed to not be extinct since they are present in Four Swords Adventures...
Adult timeline was Wind Waker remember? We never learned their fate in that timeline, although we also never learned the Gorons fate either, but we know their still around, the Gorons probably all just moved to Labrynia or something.

Also the theory does pertain to the Adult timeline as wel. And the damn theory still persists in the child timeline as well...

That incredibly dumb moment where you forget to cross reference post-OoT Gerudo before making a comment that only applies to OoT Gerudo.

Whoops. :p
What you talking about? Cause the only post appeances that 100% canon are MM and FSA, and well they look like OoT Gerudo, we don't get a close enough look to tell if anything different in FSA or not.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was gonna get Mario Kart Deluxe until I learned that we won't be getting new tracks...

That really is lame.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, I see that there's an audience for the Switch at the very least

"Woomy Kart, only 3 characters and a battle mode stage, buy now for 49.99!"
Well, Playstation peeps tend to laugh at both Sonic and Nintendo for being "kiddy."

Meanwhile Playstation doesn't even have any first party games I want and I'm pretty happy I'm not missing any Sonic games on the Switch, so. . .at least I'm a Sonic fan in the Nintendo specific audience, yeah.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

For Woomy Kart, however, there is a small part of my heart that considers the proposition.
See, I was in this boat too. Never even thought of MK8 for my Wii U.

But after hearing Woomy Kart now I'm torn.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

What Kart?
Oh, thats neat! But what am I supposed to use a moon ball for then, I'm scared to waste it.
I dont think its required you use the ball on anything spacificly I dont think

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Reggie's statement about the launch
“Launch day is not the be-all and the end-all. It really is the steady pacing of content that continually reinforces for the people who bought into the platform why they made a smart choice, as well as what compels people who might be sitting on the sidelines to jump in. We feel we have this great ongoing march of content to motivate you to jump into the platform.”

Reggie's statement about the paid online
“People have taken shots at us for that. The reality is, the way that online experiences have progressed, it’s an expensive proposition. The amount of servers we need to support Smash Brothers or Mario Kart — these big multiplayer games — is not a small investment. There are no friend codes within what we’re doing.”
What Kart?

I dont think its required you use the ball on anything spacificly I dont think
Woomy is something Inklings say, Splatoon=Woomy

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Woomy is something Inklings say, Splatoon=Woomy
uh oookay then
Reggie's statement about the paid online
“People have taken shots at us for that. The reality is, the way that online experiences have progressed, it’s an expensive proposition. The amount of servers we need to support Smash Brothers or Mario Kart — these big multiplayer games — is not a small investment. There are no friend codes within what we’re doing.”
Did they say how much its gonna cost yet? Sounds like its gonna be like Xbox live and be 60 for a year

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, I see that there's an audience for the Switch at the very least

"Woomy Kart, only 3 characters and a battle mode stage, buy now for 49.99!"
"Sonic audience is on Nintendo."
"SONIC AUDIENCE IS ON NINTENDO."
Twenty years ago, no one could have ever have ever have EVER seen this coming.
It's quite crazy, if you ask me.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The amount of servers we need to support Smash Brothers or Mario Kart

This is necessary, but SMASH BROS. confirmed! :b::b::b:

Joking aside, wouldn't that be quite the hint Reggie is giving off if they believe online paying is necessary to support both Mario Kart AND Smash Bros servers on the Nintendo Switch? Heck, he could be referencing the Wii U's past servers, but you never know... :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
This is necessary, but SMASH BROS. confirmed! :b::b::b:

Joking aside, wouldn't that be quite the hint Reggie is giving off if they believe online paying is necessary to support both Mario Kart AND Smash Bros servers on the Nintendo Switch? Heck, he could be referencing the Wii U's past servers, but you never know... :p
just sounded like he was giving examples or what they would need severs for to me
Those are/were the two biggest online games back on the wii u

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom