• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
>Disgaea DS
>Disgaea 5 - Switch

Now.
Since Disgaea DS was a "port" of the PSP version.
Holy Hell if we get Eshop versions of D2-Dark Hero Days, D3-Absense of Detention, D4-A Promise Revisited...
Disgaea: Dimension 2's remake/updated version on PS4/Switch.
Disgaea 6 as PS4/Switch.

In this one generation, the rest of the series could be on Nintendo.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Now watch as Nintendo eventually releases the New Switch without a charger. :p
I dont wanna think about any New! consoles right now :p I plan on getting Switch Day 1 and I cant live if Nintendo just decides to release an upgraded version of the same console I just got.

EDIT- Looking at that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tweet it says 48 tracks for the retail version, which means potential DLC in my opinion.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>Disgaea DS
>Disgaea 5 - Switch

Now.
Holy Hell if we get Eshop versions of D2-Dark Hero Days, D3-Absense of Detention, D4-A Promise Revisited...
Disgaea 6 as PS4/Switch.

Now that you say it like that.
It will be pretty good to see more Disgaea games on Nintendo consoles, I always find strange that before the direct, only the first Disgaea was ever available on Nintendo console.
But hey, only the futur will tell what happen.:4robinf:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Disgaea DS
>Disgaea 5 - Switch

Now.
Disgaea 6 as PS4/Switch.

First of all, I hear the DS game is crap, so that at least needs a new version, second, you forgot to mention the most important game in the franchise, no, the world! I wanna be the dood!

Burruni

Smash Hero
First of all, I hear the DS game is crap, so that at least needs a new version, second, you forgot to mention the most important game in the franchise, no, the world! I wanna be the dood!
(The DS port is "only ok" because it was Disgaea 1; NIS didn't give it the mechanics of later games on par of a Pokemon Remake. I like it more than I feel most of the community does).
Prinny 1&2 Iunno if we'll ever see ported, just like Infinite.

Also for those who don't know.
Disgaea is an SRPG that takes pride in how shounen-anime-level Over The Top it is, in both animation and statistics, and its writing that I can only hold up KI: Uprising in common comparison here.

This is what's coming.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So I need even more accessories to get the best use out of my Switch? I already have to buy a separate micro-SD card if I want to download more then 3 games (BotW takes up 40% of the internal storage, maybe even more because Nintendo has to save the OS and other apps on it too).
That's up to your own preference. I'm already used to taking out power banks on the go so that won't be the problem. I'm also planning to get protection screen and bag as well.
I wonder if Xiaomi products are available outside Asia.
Not sure about that… at least it's available in India and Taiwan.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
That's up to your own preference. I'm already used to taking out power banks on the go so that won't be the problem. I'm also planning to get protection screen and bag as well.

Not sure about that… at least it's available in India and Taiwan.
It's not about whether or not I'm used to it. I'm used to buying accessories for things, but I shouldn't need to feel like I need them to get the best use out of them. I don't need to by a portable charger for my phone, because it already has decent battery life. I don't need a 64gb micro-SD card for my phone, because 32gbs is enough for a phone.

With the Switch, I feel like I need them. 32gbs is fine for a phone because most apps are barely even 1gb. Meanwhile games for the Switch are near 10gb, and I'm going to be buying way more than 3-4 games. The battery life is only 2.5-6 hours. If you're playing intensive games, you're practically going to have to be tethered for any long sessions, pretty much ruining the portability aspect.

These aren't deal breakers, they're not going to kill the console, but they really do dampen the experience.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
(The DS port is "only ok" because it was Disgaea 1; NIS didn't give it the mechanics of later games on par of a Pokemon Remake. I like it more than I feel most of the community does).
Prinny 1&2 Iunno if we'll ever see ported, just like Infinite.

Also for those who don't know.
Disgaea is an SRPG that takes pride in how shounen-anime-level Over The Top it is, in both animation and statistics, and its writing that I can only hold up KI: Uprising in common comparison here.

This is what's coming.
Ive seen Sirlionhart play this game and man, I do want it bad

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Watching the WWHD run...seems they found some interesting tricks since the last speedrun I've seen...

Let's just instantly swim across the entire ocean instead of sailing...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Unless you get some kind of discount for owning the vanilla Mario Kart 8, I can't see myself getting Mario Kart 8:Deluxe.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
TIL watering Kalle Demos with Forest Water one shots it...and this is something that was in the original version of Wind Waker but no one knew about it until recently...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I... I just realised that I could have reclassed Corrin after reaching level 20. I simply left her at level 20.

lolwhoops.

No wonder she was dying so much. :facepalm:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo: "I know, let's support something that doesn't even exist yet but not have online avaible in more than half of the world. Genius!"
Ignoring the false equivalence with the online thing, it IS a smart thing.

With how quickly technology advances and makes older models obsolete, making the Switch capable of supporting unprecedented technology ensures it has a longer period of relevance.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There is... a disturbing amount of detail in the new Mario render.
Inb4 the whole hat theme was just an excuse to call attention towards Mario's hair details in his newest render.

Not that I blame them, that does look quite impressively made.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I am curently trying Resident Evil 0 right now.
Gosh, I am on Easy but I already feel like I am going to lose alot.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Gods I wonder what chapter has that 40 hour boss on FFXV.
It's an endgame boss. And it doesn't take 40 hours, but can take several hours. I've heard stories of people taking 6 hours to beat it. I beat it in an hour 20 minutes on my second try. My first try took me an hour 30 to even get a third of it's hp down.

The better your build the less time it'll take. Fastest I've seen was 6 minutes. But that requires you to be level 99 with the best weapons and the best meal and right AP nodes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's an endgame boss. And it doesn't take 40 hours, but can take several hours. I've heard stories of people taking 6 hours to beat it. I beat it in an hour 20 minutes on my second try. My first try took me an hour 30 to even get a third of it's hp down.

The better your build the less time it'll take. Fastest I've seen was 6 minutes. But that requires you to be level 99 with the best weapons and the best meal and right AP nodes.
I was joking Bout the 40 hours but that's good to hear. Means I probably won't face the Adamantoise.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I think I won't buy Nintendo switch at early launch because I would need to pay to play online and there isn't enough games to choose from at launch but I will wait until smash switch gets announced then I would buy it.
Or at least having Geno back in any switch game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Yiazmat can take a few hours, especially if you aren't aware of certain **** like being able to leave the arena to save, but if you do that he buffs himself. After you get half of his health down, his defences double. And to make it even better? He can cast reflect on your party, meaning if you heal yourself, it gets bounced back to Yiazmat FULLY HEALING HIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom