• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
About 100.

And I've been doing some research into the pricing of the Switch.

US Pricing of the console and games? Seems reasonable. Bit on the high end but... okay.

Japan seems okay too.

Anywhere else its ridiculous.

They are asking for MORE money somehow. Like...

If the US got European prices, it'd be 340 US Dollars. Worse in some other areas.

NoE what are you thinking?
Wow, I only have 61% alola and Ive done 72hrs, and yet to become Champion, still. (tho I'll do that today hopefully, and I'll trade a lot with a friend on monday) Not looking forward to catching UB's and Tapu's later hahha.

Any tips on doing it faster?
Ive used pelago to level up stuff I got from wonder trading and my own playthrough, then evolved it in Poni island since you get a lot of XP there. Ive already bred everything I needed to breed.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
About 100.

US Pricing of the console and games? Seems reasonable. Bit on the high end but... okay.

Japan seems okay too.

If the US got European prices, it'd be 340 US Dollars. Worse in some other areas.

Apparently they are leaving the pricing for retailers to decide if I understood correctly. Which can either be a good or bad thing depending on how its handled....

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Any tips on doing it faster?
Ive used pelago to level up stuff I got from wonder trading and my own playthrough, then evolved it in Poni island since you get a lot of XP there. Ive already bred everything I needed to breed.
Okay here is what I've been doing.

I've caught a version exclusive Pokemon. Mass bred them and asked for more difficult, time consuming or obnoxious Pokemon on the GTS.

For example, a Petilil got me a Politoed.

A Cottonee got me a Litten.

Stuff like that.

GTS is filled with bad people, but the right deal can get you done with in minutes.

Have you been trying that?

Apparently they are letting the pricing for retailers to decide if I understood correctly. Which can either be a good or bad thing depending on how its handled....

You sure?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

You sure?
I don't know, but apparently some stores can do that here. GAME bumped up the price of amiibo once they realized they sold like hotcakes for example....

£279.99 is the asking price though from what I understood. Which is on Nintendo of Europe I suppose.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Okay here is what I've been doing.

I've caught a version exclusive Pokemon. Mass bred them and asked for more difficult, time consuming or obnoxious Pokemon on the GTS.

For example, a Petilil got me a Politoed.

A Cottonee got me a Litten.

Stuff like that.

GTS is filled with bad people, but the right deal can get you done with in minutes.

Have you been trying that?

You sure?
Ive done a bit of GTS stuff but only to get the 3 starters, and a oranguru for a pessimian. Thanks dunno why I decided to stop trading there, I'll try to breed rare things. I have moon so maybe Oranguru or Sandslashes.
I have 2 Dhelmises from wonder trading, so I guess ill offer them up as a start.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mario? What Mario game?

Though there is a game similar to it which you seem to be describing. It's called Grand Theft Auto 6. They're going back to Italian gangsters.
After years of demanding mature titles, Nintendo decided to release a more mature, edgier Mario
This just reminded me of that one Mario skit on Robot Chicken.

Nintendo seems to really like that show. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Completed BirthRight. I became rather reckless by the last few chapters and sacrificed a lot of characters to end the chapters quickly.

Final rating is that it doesn't come close to Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn. But I enjoyed it more than Sacred Stones.
The story was good. Slightly predictable, but it has enough feels to make up for it I'd say.
The characters are good. Though I ended up not caring much for any of the Hoshidan Royal Family.
Favourite characters by endgame were the four horsewomen of the apocalypse, err, the four women who were killing machines - Oboro, Hana, Setsuna, and Mozu.
The music was the best I've seen in the franchise. No game comes close. Absolutely none.

And lastly, are the 56 hours I've spent on it worth it? The answer is a resounding Yes.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, has Arms been confirmed to have online multiplayer?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Completed BirthRight. I became rather reckless by the last few chapters and sacrificed a lot of characters to end the chapters quickly.

Final rating is that it doesn't come close to Path of Radiance or Birthright. But I enjoyed it more than Sacred Stones.
The story was good. Slightly predictable, but it has enough feels to make up for it I'd say.
The characters are good. Though I ended up not caring much for any of the Hoshidan Royal Family.
Favourite characters by endgame were the four horsewomen of the apocalypse, err, the four women who were killing machines - Oboro, Hana, Setsuna, and Mozu.
The music was the best I've seen in the franchise. No game comes close. Absolutely none.

And lastly, are the 56 hours I've spent on it worth it? The answer is a resounding Yes.
What?! Someone that doesn't say that Birthright is bad compared to the other version?
Impossible!!
No really, glad that you like it, it's always nice to see positif opinion on games that are victim of trash talk. (Yeah, there isn't much now, but Birthright was still the game that most peoples prefer to say it's garbage for petty reason)
Brief, congrat' for finishing the game! :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Alright, Pokémon Sun, here I go.
Chose a male this time, unlike Fates.

Time for an Alolan adventure.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, Pokémon Sun, here I go.
Chose a male this time, unlike Fates.

Time for an Alolan adventure.
Good luck my friend, you will need it! Trust me, this game isn't as easy as X/Y was.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Goddamnit, that Meowth cutscene.
I thought the game was stuck. Then I then found out online that I'm supposed to move the control stick. >_>

Playing Pokémon in 3rd person admittedly feels surreal, after being used to years of top-down views.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OOOHHHH!!!!
I just got Necrozma in like 4-5 turn! And I tough it will be longer!
Tough, to be honest, I had to reset alot because I end up killing him while I was trying to put his healt in the red, so, it wasn't that easy but still! It feel good man.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hope this isn't too late to bring this up, but I still see myself locked in with the Nintendo Switch. I plan to start with day one, or close to day one, depending on the reviews (I'll still buy it even without review consideration - but still along the lines of cautiously optimistic.) I've been anticipating Zelda: Breath of the Wild for a long time, so I definitely can cope with around of month of playing it while more titles trickle in like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I can still play other games from other systems in the meantime, but I expect to put a number of hours into Zelda for the early days.

As for when I putdown the pre-order, it was still in 2016 when I made the decision to do so, so probably in November or December. The announcement of the neon coloured Joycons might make me switch to Neon for my final purchase.
Me too... if I have the cash to buy it, and I am going to import the North American region. Kind of weird that right now the preorder price for the Japanese Nintendo Switch is more expensive than the North American one (so far). I just hope the Nintendo Switch will drop its price over the later months. Or at least next year.
If must, I might just wait until the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 release date comes out. I will buy Switch when that game comes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Apparently they are leaving the pricing for retailers to decide if I understood correctly. Which can either be a good or bad thing depending on how its handled....
England isn't EU anymore lol. UK was listed separately from Europe

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>inferring a Pokémon game is hard.

Nah FalKoopa FalKoopa , you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Its a bit different versus the old games, but not really challenging, depending on how fast you're moving on.
Hey, if you don't have a good team, you can lose some Pokemon pretty quickly at some boss.
Of course, if you pass your time grinding and grinding, and you have a team of Pokemon that is very varied. Of course, you can curbstomp some battle.
Still, this game is still better than:
"Oh look! We are in a volcan and you have Pokemon that have all Fire type that don't have other type to counter Water or Ground Pokemon! Man, how I supposed to defeat you? This game is way too hard."
I'm talking about that guy by the way.

Leader Gym like him in S/M have atleast a Pokemon that have one move that deal average damage. Him however? Just bring your one Water/Ground Pokemon and he is a joke.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
>inferring a Pokémon game is hard.

Nah FalKoopa FalKoopa , you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Its a bit different versus the old games, but not really challenging, depending on how fast you're moving on.
I've beat Path of Radiance on Hard.

I know full and well what a "hard" game is. :laugh: No need to worry.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

The Switch hype grows...

Hey, if you don't have a good team, you can lose some Pokemon pretty quickly at some boss.
Of course, if you pass your time grinding and grinding, and you have a team of Pokemon that is very varied. Of course, you can curbstomp some battle.
Still, this game is still better than:
"Oh look! We are in a volcan and you have Pokemon that have all Fire type that don't have other type to counter Water or Ground Pokemon! Man, how I supposed to defeat you? This game is way too hard."
I'm talking about that guy by the way.

Leader Gym like him in S/M have atleast a Pokemon that have one move that deal average damage. Him however? Just bring your one Water/Ground Pokemon and he is a joke.
Ground doesn't resist Fire.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

The Switch hype grows...

Ground doesn't resist Fire.
Didn't MK8 already have that much? Now there's a conflict, people whine it's too samey, people whine about having to buy the same game twice and then there will be people who go "Sweet, I didn't get a Wii U and this looks great!"

D

Deleted member

Sun and Moon aren't that hard.
They're more challenging than most past games (And are WAY harder than any Gen 6 game), but they're far from unbeatable.
I beat them in 5 days.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Didn't MK8 already have that much? Now there's a conflict, people whine it's too samey, people whine about having to buy the same game twice and then there will be people who go "Sweet, I didn't get a Wii U and this looks great!"
Let's do some math and look at how many tracks the Wii U version had.

16 standard tracks + 16 retro tracks + 16 DLC tracks = 48 tracks total.

Barring potential DLC, there are no new tracks in Deluxe.
Why is the Switch hype growing. That's a bad thing. That means no new courses.

Unless you were being sarcastic, in which case I'm tired cut me some slack.
Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

There is no hype because there are no new tracks.
Wait, didn't I say that Fire was weak to Ground move? Or did I made a typo or something?
No, but you were talking about counters and moves making decent damage, Fire does decent damage to Ground even if it takes super effective hits.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
About 100.

Japan seems okay too.

As a European, the price of the console itself isn't even the issue for me. €330 (rounding up the additional cent for simplicity sake) is a bit high, but it's still cheaper than what I expected. And I think the hardware has a lot of cool features, so at first glance, it's certainly more appealing than say, a similarly priced tablet.

The issue is the cost to actually get any fun out of the system or use a lot of it's intended features. And this is an issue prevalent in all regions. For the purpose of the example, I'm using BotW as my game reference since it's obviously the game most people are excited about, and it's personally the game I would go for if I got a Switch at launch. Other games might be cheaper though I doubt anyone is gonna buy only 1-2 Switch at launch. Also, while GameStop does tend to charge a little more for games anyway, I'm using their site because that's where most consumers in Ireland buy their games, and they tend to have the best stock.

There's no pack-in game (as of current knowledge), so you're paying an additional €70 for a game to play on your new system. We're now at €400, which is the same price as a PS4 Pro (which admittedly does not come with a pack-in game, but it's better value for reasons I will elaborate on in a bit).

But let's say you want to buy BotW digitally. In fact, let's assume you want to go all digital like I know some people want to do. AAA games on the eShop will most likely cost €60 like on the Wii U (BotW at retail is the same price on both systems so I assume they're keeping the same prices as Wii U games across the board), so we're at €390 for Switch + BotW. But wait, the Switch only has 32 GB of memory, and BotW is over 10 GB. Without even factoring in the Switch's OS taking up a bit of memory, and the possibility of another 5 GB day one update like on Wii U, you've already used up almost a third of your system's memory on one game. Since AAA, 3D Wii U games tended to be at least 5 GB, I'm going to use that as the bare minimum for AAA, 3D Switch games. Which means you'd only be able to get another four of those kinds of games on the system before you need to buy a microSD card. For a serviceable size of 128 GB, you're basically forking out yet another €70 (at a reduced price, mind you - it's normally €97). So we're now at €460.

Now let's say you want to buy a second pair of Joy-con for multiplayer in Nintendo's more gimmicky games like Arms, and a Pro Controller for multiplayer in more fleshed out games like a shooter or something (one Joy-con won't suffice for those as it lacks a second stick and a lot less buttons). These have both been said to be $70 each by Nintendo, which is about €65 when directly converted. So €130 in total for both of those. Added to our previous total, and it's now €590.

By the way, I bought a 49" 4K-HDR Smart TV for Christmas. It's considered to be at the higher end of mid-range 4K TVs. It was €520 (reduced sale price as far as I'm aware, but still).

Now we got to sort out online play. Yes, there's a free trial for the first few months, but that isn't per customer, it's just a specific period Nintendo is making free. Everyone is going to have to pay for it eventually, and late buyers don't avail of it. The subscription is going to be $5 a month, which is $60 for a year (the longest PS Plus subscription package Sony offers is about the same). I'll say it will be €50 over here for a year, as that is what a year of PS Plus is over here. We're now at €640 for our total.

This is not even going into the fact that PS Plus offers way more perks than Nintendo's measly "rent a NES/SNES game for a month". There's also the fact you don't ACTUALLY need a PS Plus subscription to play all PS4 games online, but only the ones that use Sony's PS4 servers. Some games, like LittleBigPlanet 3 and Journey don't use Sony's PS4 servers, and you can play online in them, with other players, for free. Granted, Nintendo might adopt this policy, it's too early to say either way though (and IMO MK8 Deluxe should have free online since the original game did too and worked well enough).

So €640 for the Switch, a meaty AAA game at launch, merely serviceable storage for games and DLC, future-proofing yourself for potential multiplayer games (note how I didn't even factor in the cost of the multiplayer games themselves), and a year of a very basic online subscription package from a company that has still yet to prove they can offer decent online infrastructure (Sony at least proved they could on PS3, PSP and Vita before charging on PS4, so it was an easier sell when they started charging).

If I went into the features you get with various PS4 bundles and how you get so much more for much less, I would be here all day, but the bottom line is, to even get the most BASIC of features ready on the Switch, you have to pay so much extra money. More than Sony's most expensive SKU (which is the most expensive SKU in gaming right now), and more than a number of 4K TVs.

Oh, and an extra Switch dock is $90 if you want one, so that's another €85, give or take. It's not really that necessary but Nintendo has kinda been touting it as a significant benefit of the system - being able to hook it up to different TVs by just placing the tablet in another dock that's set up the one time.

And voice chat and parental controls and the like seem to require a smartphone. Most people will already have one, but if you don't, well........

TL;DR the Switch is terrible value. Between this and stuff like Super Mario Run being €10 because of the brand alone, Nintendo have to be the most egotistical company when it comes to how they price their stuff.

EDIT: Also just as an extra note, Arms is €75 at GameStop (MORE THAN BOTW WHAT????), and 1-2 Switch is €50. If you want them, that's a lot more money.

Again, they will be a little cheaper elsewhere, but no more than €10 cheaper so it's not much of a difference to the overall point.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

There is no hype because there are no new tracks.

No, but you were talking about counters and moves making decent damage, Fire does decent damage to Ground even if it takes super effective hits.
Yeah, but if your Pokemon have a better speed than the opponent. Then no matter how it may deal decent damage, the Fire Team is going to be rekt in five second. (Also, in HG/SS, your Pokemon must be already pretty powerful at this point, so you can take some hit here and there)

Right now, I looked his team in HG/SS, and while it's not as bad as I tough, it's still pretty average for a Gym Leader like this point of the game.
His Magcargo? He has one Poison move and one Rock move. But he has a double weakness to Water and Ground. His Magmar? He has Confuse Ray (Which is good when you are not lucky, so it's up to luck) and a Electric move to counter Water Pokemon. OK, that is good, but he still lose against Ground Pokemon. His Rapidash? He has a Quick-Attack (Which deal average damage but hit first) and Bounce, which deal good damage and is THE move you have to pay attention. Aside of that, they all share the same two moves: Sunny Day and Overheat, which is predictable.

Brief, nothing very special. If you don't have a type that can deal good damage and you don't grind alot (or if you are doing a Nuzlock) then this fight is difficult. But if not, then it's nothing to write five post about it.

To talk about something else, so, is someone hyped for the Switch as of now? Or are we waiting for more new before saying Nintendo is bite the dust?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
tbh I'm getting annoyed people keep comparing the Switch to other consoles available now. It's a ****ing launch, if you're gonna compare them to call it ****ty, compare them to their launches. And the Switch isn't even out yet, nor do we know about every game we're getting. Directs, E3, etc. Even then, we've got official confirmation on what? 59 games? Did the PS4 or Xbox1 have at least 59 confirmed games?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Maaaybe, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will have DLC.

Not amazing because you will have to pay even more money, but it's something.

Yeah, but if your Pokemon have a better speed than the opponent. Then no matter how it may deal decent damage, the Fire Team is going to be rekt in five second. (Also, in HG/SS, your Pokemon must be already pretty powerful at this point, so you can take some hit here and there)

Right now, I looked his team in HG/SS, and while it's not as bad as I tough, it's still pretty average for a Gym Leader like this point of the game.
His Magcargo? He has one Poison move and one Rock move. But he has a double weakness to Water and Ground. His Magmar? He has Confuse Ray (Which is good when you are not lucky, so it's up to luck) and a Electric move to counter Water Pokemon. OK, that is good, but he still lose against Ground Pokemon. His Rapidash? He has a Quick-Attack (Which deal average damage but hit first) and Bounce, which deal good damage and is THE move you have to pay attention. Aside of that, they all share the same two moves: Sunny Day and Overheat, which is predictable.

Brief, nothing very special. If you don't have a type that can deal good damage and you don't grind alot (or if you are doing a Nuzlock) then this fight is difficult. But if not, then it's nothing to write five post about it.

To talk about something else, so, is someone hyped for the Switch as of now? Or are we waiting for more new before saying Nintendo is bite the dust?
Well, for me, all gym leaders are terrible, not just that one XD

And hmm not really hyped about the Switch, Mario and Bomberman are awesome, but that's it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
As a European, the price of the console itself isn't even the issue for me. €330 (rounding up the additional cent for simplicity sake) is a bit high, but it's still cheaper than what I expected. And I think the hardware has a lot of cool features, so at first glance, it's certainly more appealing than say, a similarly priced tablet.

The issue is the cost to actually get any fun out of the system or use a lot of it's intended features. And this is an issue prevalent in all regions. For the purpose of the example, I'm using BotW as my game reference since it's obviously the game most people are excited about, and it's personally the game I would go for if I got a Switch at launch. Other games might be cheaper though I doubt anyone is gonna buy only 1-2 Switch at launch. Also, while GameStop does tend to charge a little more for games anyway, I'm using their site because that's where most consumers in Ireland buy their games, and they tend to have the best stock.

There's no pack-in game (as of current knowledge), so you're paying an additional €70 for a game to play on your new system. We're now at €400,

But let's say you want to buy BotW digitally. In fact, let's assume you want to go all digital like I know some people want to do. AAA games on the eShop will most likely cost €60 like on the Wii U (BotW at retail is the same price on both systems so I assume they're keeping the same prices as Wii U games across the board), so we're at €390 for Switch + BotW. But wait, the Switch only has 32 GB of memory, and BotW is over 10 GB. Without even factoring in the Switch's OS taking up a bit of memory, and the possibility of another 5 GB day one update like on Wii U, you've already used up almost a third of your system's memory on one game. Since AAA, 3D Wii U games tended to be at least 5 GB, I'm going to use that as the bare minimum for AAA, 3D Switch games. Which means you'd only be able to get another four of those kinds of games on the system before you need to buy a microSD card. For a serviceable size of 128 GB, you're basically forking out yet another €70 (at a reduced price, mind you - it's normally €97). So we're now at €460.

Now let's say you want to buy a second pair of Joy-con for multiplayer in Nintendo's more gimmicky games like Arms, and a Pro Controller for multiplayer in more fleshed out games like a shooter or something (one Joy-con won't suffice for those as it lacks a second stick and a lot less buttons). These have both been said to be $70 each by Nintendo, which is about €65 when directly converted. So €130 in total for both of those. Added to our previous total, and it's now €590.

Now we got to sort out online play. Yes, there's a free trial for the first few months, but that isn't per customer, it's just a specific period Nintendo is making free. Everyone is going to have to pay for it eventually, and late buyers don't avail of it. The subscription is going to be $5 a month, which is $60 for a year . I'll say it will be €50 over here for a year. We're now at €640 for our total.

So €640 for the Switch, a meaty AAA game at launch, merely serviceable storage for games and DLC, future-proofing yourself for potential multiplayer games (note how I didn't even factor in the cost of the multiplayer games themselves), and a year of a very basic online subscription package from a company that has still yet to prove they can offer decent online infrastructure

Oh, and an extra Switch dock is $90 if you want one, so that's another €85, give or take. It's not really that necessary but Nintendo has kinda been touting it as a significant benefit of the system - being able to hook it up to different TVs by just placing the tablet in another dock that's set up the one time.

And voice chat and parental controls and the like seem to require a smartphone. Most people will already have one, but if you don't, well........

TL;DR the Switch is terrible value. Between this and stuff like Super Mario Run being €10 because of the brand alone, Nintendo have to be the most egotistical company when it comes to how they price their stuff.

EDIT: Also just as an extra note, Arms is €75 at GameStop (MORE THAN BOTW WHAT????), and 1-2 Switch is €50. If you want them, that's a lot more money.

Again, they will be a little cheaper elsewhere, but no more than €10 cheaper so it's not much of a difference to the overall point.
there got rid of the clutter and the lopsided comparison of a system at launch to a system thats been out for so many years they released a slim version of it alog side a junky version that is prone to dying on people...i mean the ps4 pro

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Maaaybe, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will have DLC.

Not amazing because you will have to pay even more money, but it's something.

Well, for me, all gym leaders are terrible, not just that one XD

And hmm not really hyped about the Switch, Mario and Bomberman are awesome, but that's it.
Yeah, but he is like the worst of the worst.
Heck, he is a exemple for a trope on TvTrope. I don't remember the name of the trope, but if you are used to show how your team is SO predictable that anyone can guess what to do to defeat it, you **** up pretty badly.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
there got rid of the clutter and the lopsided comparison of a system at launch to a system thats been out for so many years they released a slim version of it alog side a junky version that is prone to dying on people...i mean the ps4 pro
I intentionally used the PS4 Pro because it's Sony's most expensive SKU and most recent one. It also comes with no games, so it's the fairest comparison to the Switch (though it does come with a 2-week PS Plus membership, which entitles you to both free games and discounts, among other things). If I included some of their cheaper bundles that actually include games, the Switch becomes an even worse value proposition. In other words, I was going easy on the Switch.

Also you barely removed anything from my post. The reason I included the comparison to a 4K TV is because people go on all the time about how they are too expensive. Well getting a basic, serviceable setup for the Switch is even more expensive than some 4K TV's.

Also my PS4 Pro has not broken down and I know it has not happened to the majority.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I intentionally used the PS4 Pro because it's Sony's most expensive SKU and most recent one. It also comes with no games, so it's the fairest comparison to the Switch (though it does come with a 14-week PS Plus membership, which entitles you to both free games and discounts, among other things). If I included some of their cheaper bundles that actually include games, the Switch becomes an even worse value proposition. In other words, I was going easy on the Switch.

Also you barely removed anything from my post. The reason I included the comparison to a 4K TV is because people go on all the time about how they are too expensive. Well getting a basic, serviceable setup for the Switch is even more expensive than some 4K TV's.

Also my PS4 Pro has not broken down and I know it has not happened to the majority.
if you were going easy on the switch you would have compare it to the ps4's LAUNCH

other than you getting a 4K tv which was you just saying you got a 4k tv with no actual infor on it there wasnt anything else that
could be considered clutter

How ever a serviceable set up for the switch is all packed in with the switch because the only game that would need more than 2 joycons is bomberman as Arms does not require motion controls and you Dont NEED to go digital only
thats a prefrence not a nessesity

while im at it lets compare the switch to the ps4 at launch no games and only 1 controller for 400 us dollars huh seems like the switch is compareable a better system now and lets go further it gosts 60$ for a new controller (still) throw on another 60 for a game so now its 520 oh wait neeed to get that ps eye they were pushing so now its 580 ad on ps plus and bing bam boom 630$
lets compare to the switch which with the same amount of stuff only comes in at 410$ at launch

to sum it all up no one but the super devoted buy systems at launch

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey they uploaded the Melee and Prime 2 speedruns on Youtube now!! Nice!
Wasn't able to catch them when they were live and they hadn't uploaded them for a while afterwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom