• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

This thing is actually tiny.
I've thought for a while now that if you just detached the Joy-Cons you'd be able to cart it around just fine, or at least more fine than people were assuming.

A little unclicking goes a long way.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, so I couldn't finish Camilla's chapter on Classic and has become a Casual. As scrubby as ever

Completed Tears of a Dragon although I took heavy casualties. Hana was a beast. I'll finish the game by today.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It was the latest one iirc, some people said it was fake due to different stuff being broadcast, but the European Direct had EVERYTHING. It had Europe's confirmation on Horse Jockey methinks

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Monado best waifu?
MIND BLOWN

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Okay, so I couldn't finish Camilla's chapter on Classic and has become a Casual. As scrubby as ever

Completed Tears of a Dragon although I took heavy casualties. Hana was a beast. I'll finish the game by today.
That chapter literally kept me from finishing Fates. Keep it up, proud of you.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Going into Chapter 25 I presume? Might as well give you a tip if you're going into it:

This chapter is pretty relentless with reinforcements. Most of them come from the bottom left and bottom right portions of the map (they are mounted units), all on the same large row where your units are first stationed at. I remember I was able to beat this map on the same difficulty by keeping all of my units within that row for the first several turns so that I could take care of any reinforcements coming out. Once these reinforcements died down, that's when I moved my units forward.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Saw this and Twitter and... Welp.

There was an attempt.
Getting something like that is pretty nerdy and already potentially embarrassing.

Getting it wrong is even worse.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Going into Chapter 25 I presume? Might as well give you a tip if you're going into it:

This chapter is pretty relentless with reinforcements. Most of them come from the bottom left and bottom right portions of the map (they are mounted units), all on the same large row where your units are first stationed at. I remember I was able to beat this map on the same difficulty by keeping all of my units within that row for the first several turns so that I could take care of any reinforcements coming out. Once these reinforcements died down, that's when I moved my units forward.
I'll left 6 units to take care of them, yeah.

D

Deleted member

Saw this and Twitter and... Welp.

There was an attempt.
Aside from getting the combination wrong(wow, even in art people have problems doing a shoryuken), having a big, black tattoo like that is a big no no.

(This is why if I ever get tattoo, it'd only be for something I really want and I'm confident that the artist can make it look great.)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
@Ash Crimson
I am soon going to get Pheromosa, so, prepare that Buzzwole!
Also, do you want a name for it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Koga fight

Venonat used Sleep Powder
Psycho played pokeflute
Venonat used Sleep Powder
Psycho played pokeflute

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
OK, I just thought of another question.

Which people here are actually locked into the Switch? I see plenty of people that aren't, but it'd be interesting to know who else actually managed to slip a preorder in.
Hope this isn't too late to bring this up, but I still see myself locked in with the Nintendo Switch. I plan to start with day one, or close to day one, depending on the reviews (I'll still buy it even without review consideration - but still along the lines of cautiously optimistic.) I've been anticipating Zelda: Breath of the Wild for a long time, so I definitely can cope with around of month of playing it while more titles trickle in like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I can still play other games from other systems in the meantime, but I expect to put a number of hours into Zelda for the early days.

As for when I putdown the pre-order, it was still in 2016 when I made the decision to do so, so probably in November or December. The announcement of the neon coloured Joycons might make me switch to Neon for my final purchase.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I couldn't get past this part, because to be quite honest, you're being completely ridiculous.

LKD has not been "more hit than miss". She got everything software-related for the Switch stream wrong. And please don't give me the BS, goalpost moving excuse that they rescheduled the reveals or whatever. The fact that LKD, like Liam, said that the 4chan leak was wrong, is evidence enough that she's full of it.

Emily and Liam have both gotten things right, too, as you pointed out. So.....why are you able to accept them as bad sources, but Guardians of the Galaxy is such strong evidence for Laura that it somehow negates the mountain of misinformation she "leaked"?

If her track record wasn't bad enough, she outed her source on Twitter, which is incredibly unprofessional. You shouldn't do that, even when your source is wrong.

I cannot understand why you feel the need to defend this person.

I remember that- it's one of the main reasons why I said he was an attention-seeker.

Here's a post from way back when of my own reaction to Stealth's trip to Gamefaqs-
https://smashboards.com/threads/nin...ack-visited-swa.416098/page-656#post-20275497
Didn't she call Monolith making a nee game, which wasn't a port of XCX? The reason Opopo mentions that as strong evidence is Because nobody could predict something that specific. Personally, the reason I defend her is Because the Switch isn't the first thing she got right, she leaked stuff about the pa4 Slim

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
NO GYM LEADER SHOULD HAVE DOUBLE TEAM. Damn

And after a few X Attacks, Leech Life was dealing as much damage as in Sun and Moon

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Anyone denying that LKD has connections to the industry doesn't know what they're talking about.

Is she right all the time? No and frankly I'm very glad she was wrong on the things she was wrong about.

But she has clear connections.

Unlike Liam at this point.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Xander's chapter. Dear God.

That was a punch to the gut. Please don't do this to me. ;_;

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if in universe, there is someone that goes to the Safari Zone JUST to throw rocks at pokemon

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Goddamn, the frametare on this ARMS treehouse footage is awful, I can tell it's not the game because the Treehouse camera kept lagging like hell too. What I could notice is how the characters all share weaponry, so that's neat

Where exactly?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im just sitting here thinking...what if mario kart 8 deluxe gets dlc?

think about it they could add 4 more cups have 6 characters with a 7th you get through mynintendo coins
(possibly the green sprixie with the others in a drop down menu ala the inklings/yoshi/shyguys)
they could even add more arenas to battle mode, and kart parts as well

the only reason i bring this up is because i had a dream where you could get game content with platinum mynintendo coins for mario kart (there was what was described as the petey pirahna pack which had him diddy and wiggler)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Unpopular opinion: I found the shuttle scene to be funny. Especially the chorus of "WAAAAAAAAA"s right before.

----
AGDQ was for charity, all the money was to help people with cancer. The guy pretty much said "Kill yourselves if you want to help people with cancer lol"
At a ****ing charity event. There's a time and place for everything. That wasn't the time OR place

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so im just sitting here thinking...what if mario kart 8 deluxe gets dlc?

think about it they could add 4 more cups have 6 characters with a 7th you get through mynintendo coins
(possibly the green sprixie with the others in a drop down menu ala the inklings/yoshi/shyguys)
they could even add more arenas to battle mode, and kart parts as well

the only reason i bring this up is because i had a dream where you could get game content with platinum mynintendo coins for mario kart (there was what was described as the petey pirahna pack which had him diddy and wiggler)
on the subject of that dream for some reason Lloyd irving was the smash character you could get and his stage he came with was that desert town where he gets kidnapped in symphonia 1

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Found this hilarious.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I hope the only sword lords are Marth, Ike, Chrom and maybe Lyn and that every other character is something else.
They just have to have Lucina too, given her popularity and success of Awakening.

I only have two more Pokemon to catch and I'll have my Pokedex complete.

I just need Cosmoem and Solgaleo.

Then the shiny charm!
How many hours did you put in to achieve that?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Arms looks pretty good, but I don't think it's going to be much fun unless you have people to play it with

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How many hours did you put in to achieve that?
About 100.

And I've been doing some research into the pricing of the Switch.

US Pricing of the console and games? Seems reasonable. Bit on the high end but... okay.

Japan seems okay too.

Anywhere else its ridiculous.

They are asking for MORE money somehow. Like...

If the US got European prices, it'd be 340 US Dollars. Worse in some other areas.

NoE what are you thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom