• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I just realized, since my bro is letting me keep his 3DS over the semester, I could continue playing Pokemanz and trade with people.

Gotta figure out how adding friends and other online features work, but can I hop on that trade Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ? Just want a Lunala for the dex.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just realized, since my bro is letting me keep his 3DS over the semester, I could continue playing Pokemanz and trade with people.

Gotta figure out how adding friends and other online features work, but can I hop on that trade Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ? Just want a Lunala for the dex.
I'll do it right after Zebei.

Zebei we are friends now.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man....Now I want to play Super Metroid again...
Still have to finish my Ghost type run, and then start chipping away at Xenoblade again...

Too much on my backlog damnit

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
this is funny out of context

Assuming im doing this right im sitting in the friend plaza waiting.
Now seeing swamp on the list.
EDIT wait nvm i got logged out I guess
:061:
Are you Moon?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not going to defend Liam, as his track record is much more spotty (he's gotten things right in the past, but like Emily, it's far more miss than hit, unlike LKD). So no, Laura is not in the same boat. Because once again, you're ignoring the key point.
I couldn't get past this part, because to be quite honest, you're being completely ridiculous.

LKD has not been "more hit than miss". She got everything software-related for the Switch stream wrong. And please don't give me the BS, goalpost moving excuse that they rescheduled the reveals or whatever. The fact that LKD, like Liam, said that the 4chan leak was wrong, is evidence enough that she's full of it.

Emily and Liam have both gotten things right, too, as you pointed out. So.....why are you able to accept them as bad sources, but Guardians of the Galaxy is such strong evidence for Laura that it somehow negates the mountain of misinformation she "leaked"?

If her track record wasn't bad enough, she outed her source on Twitter, which is incredibly unprofessional. You shouldn't do that, even when your source is wrong.

I cannot understand why you feel the need to defend this person.

Oh, so I'm not the only one who doesn't like the way Stealth carried himself. Huh.

I was on GameFAQs at the time. He walked onto a topic questioning him and condescendingly insulted GameFAQs ON GameFAQs and I think might have insulted individual people as well, basically acting even worse than the actual GameFAQs community he was posting on. Then he tweeted about how GameFAQs was horrible and got a ton of sympathy for it when I saw with my own eyes that he outright brought it on himself.

NSFW Language warning, but GameFAQs even made a freaking wiki page where they caustically mocked what he was up to.

http://gfaqssb.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth

There are a lot of leakers I'll still consider listening to, but after hilarity ensued I don't think Stealth will ever be one of them. And they say, somewhere out there he's still leaking and being taken seriously to this day. . .
I remember that- it's one of the main reasons why I said he was an attention-seeker.

Here's a post from way back when of my own reaction to Stealth's trip to Gamefaqs-
https://smashboards.com/threads/nin...ack-visited-swa.416098/page-656#post-20275497

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kurri ★ Kurri ★

If we are going to trade for the dex, I'll need your FC.

Also thank you Zebei for helping me with the one thing I could not get.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That Beanie guy on the couch really killed the mood for the Super Metroid race

I don't think BANNED or
have been more appropriate.

D

Deleted member

The only system I've ever sold was my Xbox 360 S and that was one and a half years after I got it. I felt like I wasn't into the ecosystem that much. I'm not going to sell any Nintendo console I own because I know I'll truly end up regretting the decision by the end. There's too many games I haven't completed on Wii U and even then I'd rather keep it anyways, so I'm not going to sell it.

I'd probably have sold my PSP (the only non-Nintendo console I own as of now) as well, but I don't really see the point in doing so nowadays.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset that they now have to pay for online, but what would be a better practice?
I'm not really sure how, but maybe they could take some losses in a specific part of their product line and recoupt the costs of the service by releasing software? I do get that they prefer to sell hardware and software at a profit, so let's scrap that.

Rather, they could recoup the cost of the service on each system being sold, as was the case with previous systems. That way, they could keep it free (or at least, free in some fashion)... though that would end up raising the system's price a bit. I don't really know, to be honest.

I did say I'd try giving it a chance as long as it is cheap, so once the full pricing details about this service have been put out later in the year, I'll look into it.

I wish Nintendo will say if you can plays wii u games digitaly or not
I'm not sure how would that even work considering Wii U uses a dual-screen setup. The grand majority of Wii U games have the GamePad mirror what's happening on the TV screen, but there are scenarios where you truly need it. That would require re-programming the software (or overhauling it entirely in the case that the GamePad screen is rendering something different at all times) and by that point, you would just rather make it an enhanced port instead like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I know Mario Kart 8 doesn't use the GamePad much on Wii U, but still.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
btw....speaking of my Ghost type run...
Alice
Stratus
Loki
Ikana
Abigail
Bootstrap

Beat Hapu and currently working my way into Vast Poni Canyon...I think this may end up being my final team...However it is possible I may switch someone out for Lunala since it is eligible for this monotype....we'll see when I get there...

I'm actually really digging Dhelmise, as useful as Decidueye is I did already use it before in a previous playthrough so I'll give Dhelmise a chance since it's actually putting in some work...also Anchor shot is literally a Steel type Spirit Shackle coincidentally...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What happened?
Said something like:
"If you guys want to cure cancer then you should consider standing in front of the Shuttle that arrives on the hour"

Just because some people were going "Wah!" And clapping/cheering

Some people clipped it:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Said something like:
"If you guys want to cure cancer then you should consider standing in front of the Shuttle that arrives on the hour"

Some people clipped it:

If you don't mind me asking: what's that emoticon at the bottom of your posts?

----

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know I heard somewhere how Nintendo USED to pay for their online: They took the spare money from Virtual Console sales to do it.

Guess what people are now demanding to have handed to them for free?

Their original avenue is getting spat on, as much as I don't like that they're taking this route.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Said something like:

Some people clipped it:

Dude.

Why even say that?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was probably on impulse over built up annoyance with the crowd from my guess. This isn't the first time it's happened on these types of playthroughs.
That's awful.

Such a nice event and people go ape****.

D

Deleted member

That's awful.

Such a nice event and people go ape****.
Well, even beside that, I've seen people make jokes like that regardless of whether or not anyone's upsetting there.

And often out of thin air, some people I just awkward, I guess.(Especially in these playthroughs that help people out with cancer, for some reason.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The only system I've ever sold was my Xbox 360 S and that was one and a half years after I got it. I felt like I wasn't into the ecosystem that much. I'm not going to sell any Nintendo console I own because I know I'll truly end up regretting the decision by the end. There's too many games I haven't completed on Wii U and even then I'd rather keep it anyways, so I'm not going to sell it.

I'd probably have sold my PSP (the only non-Nintendo console I own as of now) as well, but I don't really see the point in doing so nowadays.

I'm not really sure how, but maybe they could take some losses in a specific part of their product line and recoupt the costs of the service by releasing software? I do get that they prefer to sell hardware and software at a profit, so let's scrap that.

Rather, they could recoup the cost of the service on each system being sold, as was the case with previous systems. That way, they could keep it free (or at least, free in some fashion)... though that would end up raising the system's price a bit. I don't really know, to be honest.

I did say I'd try giving it a chance as long as it is cheap, so once the full pricing details about this service have been put out later in the year, I'll look into it.

I'm not sure how would that even work considering Wii U uses a dual-screen setup. The grand majority of Wii U games have the GamePad mirror what's happening on the TV screen, but there are scenarios where you truly need it. That would require re-programming the software (or overhauling it entirely in the case that the GamePad screen is rendering something different at all times) and by that point, you would just rather make it an enhanced port instead like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I know Mario Kart 8 doesn't use the GamePad much on Wii U, but still.
The thing is, all consoles (including Xbox and Playstation) are sold at a loss. They make the cost back via the games and other services they provide. The online subscription is one of the ways they're making back money from the hardware.

Actually. . .at splatoon 2 release smashboards should totally have the squids come back to smashboards.

remember that? With the squids going up the page like in the loading screens? Sure it lagged the **** out of the page but it's just one day

. . .plz?
Man squidboards is a mess lol. I didnt know a graveyard can be so messy
:061:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, I have a question, between X, AlphaSapphire and Sun, which one should I get?

Yeah haven't played any of the 3DS Pokémon games yet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The thing is, all consoles (including Xbox and Playstation) are sold at a loss. They make the cost back via the games and other services they provide. The online subscription is one of the ways they're making back money from the hardware.
Nintendo insisted that they weren't selling the Switch at a loss, although again their old way of handling the cost of online is being increasingly rejected by people who want freebies no matter what it costs Nintendo.

Then again, they might specifically be planning a price drop at around the same time that they start charging for the service that would put it below the profit margin and necessitate it, who knows.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, I have a question, between X, AlphaSapphire and Sun, which one should I get?

All of them.

But probably Sun for now.

Alright!

How do I get online? Doesn't seem like it's at the Pokecenter anymore
It's in your menu.
The icon with the castle.

From there, try pressing the blue button that has the wifi signal.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

I'd recommend Sun easy. It's definitely the most interesting one of the bunch with fresh takes on the usual format of the series. Great main quest too. Be aware of a weak post game though (all three suffer from that to be honest).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom