• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
OK, I just thought of another question.

Which people here are actually locked into the Switch? I see plenty of people that aren't, but it'd be interesting to know who else actually managed to slip a preorder in.
I got locked in at GameStop on Friday. Mine had an allotment of 27 Switches. I got there at 9:30 (they open at 10) and was the third person in line. Two more people (one of whom was a friend) showed up behind me before the store opened. Then things got interesting as every single person who came asked about the Switch. I hung around the store for a little bit talking to the friend for probably 20 minutes, and by the time I left they had only 5 pre-orders left.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Legit I've forgotten about most of these.
But personally....
Yeah it's a short list.
Well, this is just a list of "THE BIG GAMES" there's still tons of other games coming out that may or may not catch your fancy as well as games that you may have missed or games that are still seeing support.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I only have two more Pokemon to catch and I'll have my Pokedex complete.

I just need Cosmoem and Solgaleo.

Then the shiny charm!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of Bowser, he's featured in today's Final Smash Comic.

finalsmashcomic.tumblr.com
"Are they going to get him in character? Are they going to get him in character?"

*punchline*

"Alright, you're clean."

So I was bored

I took that image of all the games on page 1899 and looked at what games I want

green: I will buy this pretty much guaranteed
Yellow: iffy but a pretty good chance I buy it
Blue: I have this in another form like PC for instance. Would need to really love the system and its mobility to buy (Rayman legends should be this color)
Magenta: pranked much more iffy on. Would need to really impress me with reviews or gameplay pre-release to get me to buy (Nobunaga's ambition should be this color
Red: not happening
I mean it's an ok list I guess. I kind of need a few more bigger games (Retro studios's project for instance) than this tho since a few of these like yooka laylee and Disgaea are available in other locations.
:061:

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Nothing was said about My Nintendo's connection to Switch, huh?

My take on the system is, I love it. 1 2 Switch is the only real bummer, I got real scared when they showed it off - that's not how you hype up new hardware, Nintendo. Thankfully, ARMS came right after (looks just as promising as Splatoon if you ask me) and it just got better and better.

The end of the presentation was... marvelous. Reggie and Kimishima throwing the ball back at each other with a smile on their face, Miyamoto and Aonuma standing tall and fiery in the background. The release date teased, the trailer... I cried just before it ended. I cried as if I was horrified, scared, feeling some heavy pressure as if a colossus-shaped bully was standing in front of me and ready to end my life by a stab of their knife. As if Nintendo jabbed me hard and they were dominating the world, stepping over it like a giant.
However, those were tears of joy. Joy that Nintendo rewarded me for being patient. Please, delay any other game (Zelda or not) any time, any day, for as long as you wish to. If those delays mean the final version of the game is more like Breath of the Wild and less than Star Fox Zero, of course.

I am however concerned for the console's sake. Too expansive and so are its accessories and games. Would have been wiser to push it back to at least April, to benefit from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I was bored

I took that image of all the games on page 1899 and looked at what games I want

green: I will buy this pretty much guaranteed
Yellow: iffy but a pretty good chance I buy it
Blue: I have this in another form like PC for instance. Would need to really love the system and its mobility to buy (Rayman legends should be this color)
Magenta: pranked much more iffy on. Would need to really impress me with reviews or gameplay pre-release to get me to buy (Nobunaga's ambition should be this color
Red: not happening

I mean it's an ok list I guess. I kind of need a few more bigger games (Retro studios's project for instance) than this tho since a few of these like yooka laylee and Disgaea are available in other locations.
:061:
Maybe I should try this.

Green yes, yellow maybe but leaning towards yes, blue I have it on another system but am considering another dip anyway depending on my mood and what's available in that time frame. Not going to mark everything that I don't actively have on my wishlist yet because that'd be too pessimistic and it's only because I'm picky and haven't gotten into the habit of actively seeking out games to get.

Uh. . .I may have slipped something else in there. Maybe.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Soooo....

A total horror movie moment just happened at work and I'm legitimately on edge right now.

2 cops rush into the driveway while I'm in the bathroom. Come out. One tells me that a call was made from our store phone to 911 that was hung up.

Mind you I'm in the rest room, can't use the phone and haven't used it all night. Check both phones redial function. No calls to 911. Nothing.

Grab the butcher knife after they leave. Walk the coolers in the back. Check the bathroom again. Nothing.

What. The. Hell.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Do you expect a Nintendo Direct (not counting the FE one or any other franchise specific one) before the E3?

If the answer is yes, when you think it will be and what games do you expect?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do you expect a Nintendo Direct (not counting the FE one or any other franchise specific one) before the E3?

If the answer is yes, when you think it will be and what games do you expect?
It just very much depends. January already has the presentation and the Fire Emblem direct.

E3 is in June. And I can't imagine they want to blow too much of their secrets before it. Especially after they spent last year on one title and the prior year being criticized for focusing too heavily on spin-offs and minor games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Smash will all be on Switch at one point.

It's just a matter of WHEN. One skipped the prior home console all together save a spin-off, Pikmin 4 is already completed according to Miyamoto, and Super Smash Brothers seems ripe for a port for the Holiday season, late fall, maybe even revealed in an early direct before E3 with a few newcomers to hype before it's release.

Smash Hype always increases hype for a system and even if there are all only 4 or 5 characters added to a port that still gives them time to create fire slash trailers for all of them, even if it's just gameplay trailers like the DLC characters from Wii U/3DS got.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Soooo....

A total horror movie moment just happened at work and I'm legitimately on edge right now.

2 cops rush into the driveway while I'm in the bathroom. Come out. One tells me that a call was made from our store phone to 911 that was hung up.

Mind you I'm in the rest room, can't use the phone and haven't used it all night. Check both phones redial function. No calls to 911. Nothing.

Grab the butcher knife after they leave. Walk the coolers in the back. Check the bathroom again. Nothing.

What. The. Hell.
You got some pranking ghosts on your hands

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
One can only hope. I would say that a proper Animal Crossing is a give in at some point. Perfect game for the kind of system it is. Lets just hope it is sooner rather than later.
Im down for anything really. " Proper" Animal Crossing game or not I'll take what they throw at me

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay update on the creepy horror movie moment.

My friend calls to ease me down, calm me down on my cellphone.

Sit down at the desk. Look over at the phone...

Phone in holster says...''Line in use." as if someone is using the other phone.

Staring at the other phone straight forward...

No one is.

What. Is. Going. On. In. This Store.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Maybe im just not paying attention to my baby >_>
911? Id like to report some child neglect

No one is.

Is it to late to get a priest

or a gun?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got a question, is there some kind of fake thing where someone says they are "Part Cherokee" or something

Because I heard this in a satire.

And once I got flagged for mentioning I was 1/16 cherokee. I really am.

There is some kind of thing I'm missing with this

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

No one is.

How long is your shift?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I've got a question, is there some kind of fake thing where someone says they are "Part Cherokee" or something

Because I heard this in a satire.

And once I got flagged for mentioning I was 1/16 cherokee. I really am.

There is some kind of thing I'm missing with this
I like to think its because people use that as a go to card for things? idk

I also hear a lot of people say "Part Cherokee, Part this, Part that, Part everything under the sun"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I didn't know my grandfather was 1/4th cherokee until recently so it was this whole new thing I found out about my family, lol.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
BeeTeeDubs...

Super Metroid is happening in a few at AGDQ...
https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Undertale happens afterwards and will be the finale...

Also they hit a new record for donations this year with 1.6 Mil (I actually contributed $10 myself (Save the animals))
I think I might donate a bit more during Super Metroid because some of those prizes they are showing off are frikkin awesome!!!

Yep I'll donate $15 so I'm entered to win that Metal Print Metroid cuz that's jsut sick!!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I like to think its because people use that as a go to card for things? idk

I also hear a lot of people say "Part Cherokee, Part this, Part that, Part everything under the sun"

Im part Cherokee, part Comanche, part Wrangler, part Liberty, part Compass and part Patriot. But Im not bragging everywhere that Im the ultimate 4×4.

#humble

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

No one is.

Leave the store before the ghosts get you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom