• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What big Sony games are there this year?
I've got...
Fate/Extella
Nier: Automata

Uhm.
Sonic 2017.
KH3?
Crash
FF7R
Tekken 7

Among other things. That and I gotta finish up playing the games I bought and still have yet to beat.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Tiki does appear in Fire Emblem Warriors, I wonder which version they'll choose and how they will handle both versions if both versions appear in the game.

Come to think of it, will they do anything with Einherjar or the Outrealm for the game or even use them for the story? I mean, in the DLC for Awakening, the Einherjar had their own story revolving around them and despite them not really saying anything in the serving of the player(mostly doing "....."), they do, in fact, still speak and can even mistake themselves as the real deal as shown in the Awakening DLC. It'd be a rather interesting twist if it turned out that the characters we play in Fire Emblem Warriors were really Einherjar(except Anna. That'd be the real plot twist. Everybody's a fake except Anna).
The game has gotta do with the Outrealm. I feel like that has to be a given. I guess we will see on the 18th potentially.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Crash
FF7R
Tekken 7

Among other things. That and I gotta finish up playing the games I bought and still have yet to beat.
Crash Trilogy I didn't know was this year.

FF7R has PLUMMETED in interest for me with each passing announcement.

And fighting games lol no thanks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crash Trilogy I didn't know was this year.

FF7R has PLUMMETED in interest for me with each passing announcement.

And fighting games lol no thanks.
To each their own.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Was planning on getting Switch for Christmas but my brother wound up telling my mum so if she's able to get one then it'll be at launch.
The issues I have are mainly in relation to hardware and price. The Software for me is fantastic, I just wish more was available sooner.
NMH 3 and SMT V might not be until 2019 which would suck.

Oh, it actually sold out eventually? I'm surprised considering how upset people were. I got it at six in the morning the morning after the presentation at Target and there wasn't any real competition at all.
To be fair there weren't too many up for pre-order anyway apparently.

They're still "a ways off"
If they reach 2017 it'll be a bloody miracle.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was talking about racing tracks.

But thanks!

I just realized the Splatoon track was a battle track XD
IT should be noted that according to Andre from GX, they weren't letting people see the race track selection when doing racing and not battle mode in the MK 8 demo.

So we may have new tracks coming.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Either Nintendo are pulling an amiibo/NES mini and having understocked their supply or they actually managed to get people really interested in the Switch....

At least in the UK...
Is it me or is that a really big problem of Nintendo's lately. I mean, every time you hear about something with a "limited quantity" in any way, shape, or form of Nintendo's you are always hearing about how they don't provide it.
The Amiibo Crisis, the NES Mini Disaster, Gamecube Adapters, Literally ANY special edition of any game on any Nintendo Console, the ****ing CHARGERS for the 3DS. Some said before that it was a strategic move and while I really don't see it, I get where they are coming from but the fact that they make all of the things that are:
1. Mostly easy and cheep to manufacture.
2. Have a high demand/price ratio.
and 3. Should be easy to ship.
makes me think that Nintendo just generally underestimates their demand at this point.
Ok, so look at stores before let's say...2012. You usually see 2-3 copies of their bigger games 1-2 of smaller ones, you can usually get most of your accessories generally easily, you could even find a rare game once and a while if you knew about it. Fast forward and I usually only see 1 copy of each bigger game with a niche game sprinkled in once and a while. I couldn't find a charger for my Wii U gamepad offline and had to look on Ebay, there was 1 GC Adapter in the store when I got mine and they said "You got the last one.", One day I saw a restock of Shulks, Little Macs, Ikes, and other Amiibo back 2 years ago and it was completely gone not a single one left the next day. It's crazy. It's like Nintendo collectors got injected with Collector's Rabies and want to buy everything as fast as possible.
While this is happening, Nintendo is looking at us saying "What do you want ME to do about it?". Like really? All you have to do is make more product and if the demand is too high, give up. You already lost, you know. Jeez.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Was planning on getting Switch for Christmas but my brother wound up telling my mum so if she's able to get one then it'll be at launch.
The issues I have are mainly in relation to hardware and price. The Software for me is fantastic, I just wish more was available sooner.
NMH 3 and SMT V might not be until 2019 which would suck.

To be fair there weren't too many up for pre-order anyway apparently.

They're still "a ways off"
If they reach 2017 it'll be a bloody miracle.

It occurred to me after I typed that down, although with the internet being the way it was my worrywart head thought even that might have been overstocking. Apparently it was all according to keikaku after all.

Apparently Wal-Mart might have ordered a larger stock than usual, which makes them selling out a bit more curious though. Especially since most gamers would probably try Gamestop or Amazon first.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is it me or is that a really big problem of Nintendo's lately. I mean, every time you hear about something with a "limited quantity" in any way, shape, or form of Nintendo's you are always hearing about how they don't provide it.
The Amiibo Crisis, the NES Mini Disaster, Gamecube Adapters, Literally ANY special edition of any game on any Nintendo Console, the ****ing CHARGERS for the 3DS. Some said before that it was a strategic move and while I really don't see it, I get where they are coming from but the fact that they make all of the things that are:
1. Mostly easy and cheep to manufacture.
2. Have a high demand/price ratio.
and 3. Should be easy to ship.
makes me think that Nintendo just generally underestimates their demand at this point.
Ok, so look at stores before let's say...2012. You usually see 2-3 copies of their bigger games 1-2 of smaller ones, you can usually get most of your accessories generally easily, you could even find a rare game once and a while if you knew about it. Fast forward and I usually only see 1 copy of each bigger game with a niche game sprinkled in once and a while. I couldn't find a charger for my Wii U gamepad offline and had to look on Ebay, there was 1 GC Adapter in the store when I got mine and they said "You got the last one.", One day I saw a restock of Shulks, Little Macs, Ikes, and other Amiibo back 2 years ago and it was completely gone not a single one left the next day. It's crazy. It's like Nintendo collectors got injected with Collector's Rabies and want to buy everything as fast as possible.
While this is happening, Nintendo is looking at us saying "What do you want ME to do about it?". Like really? All you have to do is make more product and if the demand is too high, give up. You already lost, you know. Jeez.
I really do hope that this won't become a huge issue for the Switch of all things. Since I do hope to purchase it sometime this year and not have another Wii type deal going on again....

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im kinda ok with the model Nintendo is attempting this year.

They put to preoder a limited stock that will attract Zelda fans. It goes sold out and gives the impression of high demand.
Spring; Arms and Sonic Mania to attract curious buyers.
Enter the Summer, the third wave of games comes, including Splatoon 2 and MK8+, attracting another wave of consumers, add E3 to the mix and the console stock of that quarter gets sold.
Holidays, the test of fire with Mario Odyssey backed by X-Mas and Black Friday discounts, which means a bigger system stock that hopefuly will sold out.

The idea is not attract everyone on day one, but in the long haul attracting different kinds of consumers per season. And with +80 titles in the making that idea has a lot of potential.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I just thought of another question.

Which people here are actually locked into the Switch? I see plenty of people that aren't, but it'd be interesting to know who else actually managed to slip a preorder in.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Which people here are actually locked into the Switch? I see plenty of people that aren't, but it'd be interesting to know who else actually managed to slip a preorder in.
I got one from Amazon around 3am after the presentation. Clicked away went back to the search, it was sold out.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What big Sony games are there this year?
I've got...
Fate/Extella
Nier: Automata

Uhm.
Sonic 2017.
KH3?

Edit: Genuinly forgot P5, GR2, DRV3 international this year.
Also that N-Sane trilogy is comnig THIS year? damn.
There's tons of big games coming out for Playstation this year. There's:

Last of Us Part 2
Tekken 7
Injustice 2
Gravity Rush 2 (recently came out)
Mass Effect: Adromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn
Days Gone
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
God of War
Gran Turismo Sport
Ni No Kuni 2
Spiderman
Tales of Berseria
and plenty more come E3

Now, whether or not these are games that interest you, I dunno. But they're big enough games.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'm not getting it launch day, but I plan to get it sometime in 2017.

This is really funny.
Bowser is the dad we should all aspire to be.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I managed to. They still had 2 left where I pre-ordered and I managed to get the one with colors. That being said, whether I will get it without any problems at launch is another story.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm locked but I'll miss launch as I ain't dealing with the limited supply bull ****.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Say what you will be about Bowser. Dude is a great single father.
His career choices for his son are a bit questionable, but other than that he's clearly a loving father. He clearly cares about Peach, too, even if he's a bit. . .bad at expressing it.

I've seen truly evil villains, and as much as Bowser talks a big talk and would never admit it he isn't one of them.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
For the current poll considering my brother has pre-ordered the Switch it'll be At launch lol.

Also doing the Multi-battle with Anabelle I have Koko and Nihilego and she has Raikou and Entei. Koko, and Raikou are the kicking ass xD

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've always wanted Bowser's wife to just show up randomly one day. Though I feel like as sad and desperate he is to get the affection of Peach. I feel like his wife or the mother of Bowser Jr has passed away.

Which makes me love the big doofus more. He's just a ''evil" widow, who doesn't really do much ''evil", is a great father, and just has a hell of a crush on the wrong girl.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Bowser, he's featured in today's Final Smash Comic.

finalsmashcomic.tumblr.com

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Im 124% convinced of buying it asap, but the 3rd world slows me down, I'll need to play my cards wisely to see where I can get it for a fair price.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
If Bowser is "Evil", he is doing a terrible job at it. He's not threatening, hasn't taken out Mario in more in 30 Years of trying and routinely goes to the Olympics with the man, Gannondorf probably bullies him out of his lunch money, it's not a pretty sight.
But if Bowser is re-contextualized as a single dad trying to balance achieving his goals of being recognized as a world leader and taking out a life long rival while raising a child with a wife who's passed away. If done right, you may have one of the most emotionally tearing (I guess that's the correct word) games of all time.
TLDR: If Bows is a dad then the Switch will be a platinum seller.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy **** Kenith liked my post. Kenith's back, guys.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Last of Us Part 2
Tekken 7
Injustice 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Days Gone
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
God of War
Gran Turismo Sport
Ni No Kuni 2
Spiderman
Tales of Berseria
and plenty more come E3

Now, whether or not these are games that interest you, I dunno. But they're big enough games.
Legit I've forgotten about most of these.
But personally....
Yeah it's a short list.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And Scarfed Passimin ended my streak at 19 :ohwell: I knew it was scarfed because it outsped Max speed Nihilego, and raikou.

Last of Us Part 2
Tekken 7
Injustice 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Days Gone
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
God of War
Gran Turismo Sport
Ni No Kuni 2
Spiderman
Tales of Berseria
and plenty more come E3

You forgot Kingdom hearts 2.8 :lol:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I slipped in a preorder just now woth 2 left, today was the last day to preorder too at my gamestop.

Got it mostly for my dads enjoyment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom