• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Liam isn't "garbage" because he's a bad source for leaks.

He's "garbage" because he thinks that, in spite of his 100% incorrect track record, any leak that goes against his info must be fake and shot down.

I'm sorry, there is no justifiable defense for him doing what he did to that 4chan leak. Liam's credibility is already on par with a "My dad works at Nintendo!" kid, and it's completely ridiculous that he'd still think he's such a legit source that everyone should dismiss leaks based on his word alone.

LKD dismissed it in the same way, so she's on the same boat as him.

And she got even more wrong.

Which you yourself ignore or just outright disregard ("OMG DEY PUSHED IT BACK TO A DIFFERENT DATE EVEN THOUGH LKD SAID IT WOULD BE ON THE STREAM!!!!").

Tower of Smash correctly guessed that Onett and a stage based on Game & Wario would be in Smash 4. Do you think that leak deserves credit and future leaks by him should be taken seriously?
I'm not going to defend Liam, as his track record is much more spotty (he's gotten things right in the past, but like Emily, it's far more miss than hit, unlike LKD). So no, Laura is not in the same boat. Because once again, you're ignoring the key point.

We had no idea the Guardians game existed prior to her mentioning it. That is NOT something you guess since it's way out of left field.

Comparing that to guessing a Game and Wario stage is absolutely asinine, since there's a finite number of games Smash can pull from, unlike the infinite amount of theoretical games that could exist. To specifically say that Telltale is making a Guardians of the Galaxy game a full two weeks before it was announced? Nah man, that was solid info.

If she got something like THAT right, alongside all the stuff she leaked about the Switch itself before the first Switch trailer, means her word shouldn't just be cast aside. Sorry, I'm sticking to that. Attempt to police discussion all you want, I don't care. God forbid we actually have something to talk about, right?

And as a PS, enough with the patronizing and holier than thou "LET ME PUT THINGS I DONT LIKE IN ALL CAPS AND SPEL THNIGS WRONG TO B-LITLE THE OTHRE SEID!!!" nonsense. It comes off as incredibly rude.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder who the other 21 people who voted that they were getting the Switch at launch are out of the regulars here?

Zelda looks pretty nice, although as I've said before I think it's the stuff that isn't normally in a Zelda game that has hooked me. I like big worlds to explore just fine, but no world can really be big enough for me so I need lots of stuff to do in it. BotW is EXACTLY the kind of game I at least want to try with a map that size, with interactivity all over the place. It's the perfect mix of being able to do ridiculous stuff when you're bored and having a world large enough that there's almost certainly more than one or two ways to do such.

I'm not really getting a Switch at launch just for Zelda though, I just want to ride the console train the whole way through at least once. Zelda's just the first game I want for it that's coming out. Looks like a good one, though, I hope I have tons of fond memories from it!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder who the other 21 people who voted that they were getting the Switch at launch are out of the regulars here?

Zelda looks pretty nice, although as I've said before I think it's the stuff that isn't normally in a Zelda game that has hooked me. I like big worlds to explore just fine, but no world can really be big enough for me so I need lots of stuff to do in it. BotW is EXACTLY the kind of game I at least want to try with a map that size, with interactivity all over the place. It's the perfect mix of being able to do ridiculous stuff when you're bored and having a world large enough that there's almost certainly more than one or two ways to do such.

I'm not really getting a Switch at launch just for Zelda though, I just want to ride the console train the whole way through at least once. Zelda's just the first game I want for it that's coming out. Looks like a good one, though, I hope I have tons of fond memories from it!
I voted at launch... but that might not be the case since I can't preorder it anywhere.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh, so I'm not the only one who doesn't like the way Stealth carried himself. Huh.

I was on GameFAQs at the time. He walked onto a topic questioning him and condescendingly insulted GameFAQs ON GameFAQs and I think might have insulted individual people as well, basically acting even worse than the actual GameFAQs community he was posting on. Then he tweeted about how GameFAQs was horrible and got a ton of sympathy for it when I saw with my own eyes that he outright brought it on himself.

NSFW Language warning, but GameFAQs even made a freaking wiki page where they caustically mocked what he was up to.

http://gfaqssb.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth

There are a lot of leakers I'll still consider listening to, but after hilarity ensued I don't think Stealth will ever be one of them. And they say, somewhere out there he's still leaking and being taken seriously to this day. . .
I never heard that about the guy. He was on RogersBase's discussion videos for Smash Bros and that's all I knew about him.

All I know is that Stealth is a fellow Andy supporter so I can't hate that much lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This... actually looks pretty nice.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

This... actually looks pretty nice.
I ain't even bothering with this system for at least a year. Nintendo has built a lot of ill-will with me and has aggravated me so much that I wouldn't feel good buying their product.

TBH i'm more interested in getting a PS4 now.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Are you counting racing tracks or the Battle tracks? I thunk its the same number of racing tracks. There are some new battle tracks but idk if Urchin Underpass is battle or race
We don't know cause they didn't reveal any.
I was talking about racing tracks.

But thanks!

I just realized the Splatoon track was a battle track XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo has built a lot of ill-will with me and has aggravated me so much that I wouldn't feel good buying their product.
What ill will exactly?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Tiki needs to be playable in FEW also
But then I'm going to want Unique Dragon Model Tiki from Shadow Dragon and get disappointed when we just get Nowi Recolor Dragon Model Tiki from Awakening instead. :(

Actually, I hope we get multiple unique Manaketes. Cornbread's practically a lock, but other than that who knows. While you're at it, throw in Beastshifters. Taguel, Kitsune, Wolfskin, all those Laguz peeps if they're willing to go outside the three games they covered. No need to spend all that time on boring human fighters with their boring metal sticks, let's have some fun out there!

Not that being able to play as Cavaliers and Pegasus Knights in a game like this is half bad either, it would still be better than just going on foot.

I hope the obligatory royals are the most "normal" it gets for the roster, if Zelda can have some crazy then I want Fire Emblem to bring the crazy too.

I voted at launch... but that might not be the case since I can't preorder it anywhere.
Oh, it actually sold out eventually? I'm surprised considering how upset people were. I got it at six in the morning the morning after the presentation at Target and there wasn't any real competition at all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I ain't even bothering with this system for at least a year. Nintendo has built a lot of ill-will with me and has aggravated me so much that I wouldn't feel good buying their product.

TBH i'm more interested in getting a PS4 now.
Yeah because of your precious Advance Wars still not getting a new game. Yeah ok.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What ill will exactly?
For any other Nintendo fan it would probably be a rant about Metroid.

For him I think he just wants a new Golden Sun and Advance Wars and figures the latter is being snubbed for Fire Emblem.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
But then I'm going to want Unique Dragon Model Tiki from Shadow Dragon and get disappointed when we just get Nowi Recolor Dragon Model Tiki from Awakening instead. :(
It'd be nice if they incorporated her ability to use any dragonstone plus all the dragonstone from FE3/12.

Switching between Wyvern, Fire dragon, Mage dragon, and Divine dragon would be really neat.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Actually, I hope we get multiple unique Manaketes. Cornbread's practically a lock, but other than that who knows. While you're at it, throw in Beastshifters. Taguel, Kitsune, Wolfskin, all those Laguz peeps if they're willing to go outside the three games they covered. No need to spend all that time on boring human fighters with their boring metal sticks, let's have some fun out there!

Not that being able to play as Cavaliers and Pegasus Knights in a game like this is half bad either, it would still be better than just going on foot.

I hope the obligatory royals are the most "normal" it gets for the roster, if Zelda can have some crazy then I want Fire Emblem to bring the crazy too.

Oh, it actually sold out eventually? I'm surprised considering how upset people were. I got it at six in the morning the morning after the presentation at Target and there wasn't any real competition at all.
I hope the only sword lords are Marth, Ike, Chrom and maybe Lyn and that every other character is something else.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I voted for sometime after 2017

I only ask about amazon because my mom said she would buy it and amazon was out of stock. I may not even get it, I dont really care to rush and get it

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even with people trying to scalp Wii u's they never ran out of preorders. At least at Walmart. Maybe people are more into the Switch

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Either Nintendo are pulling another amiibo/NES mini and having understocked their supply or they actually managed to get people really interested in the Switch....

At least in the UK...

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly.

I'm seeing more hype now than I did then.
New information is never as hype as it is when its immediately unveiled. I've never seen someone watch a game get unveiled, then a few days later have immediate interest, unless new information was revealed on the previous information that makes it more appealing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What big Sony games are there this year?
I've got...
Fate/Extella
Nier: Automata

Uhm.
Sonic 2017.
KH3?

Edit: Genuinly forgot P5, GR2, DRV3 international this year.
Also that N-Sane trilogy is comnig THIS year? damn.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Even with people trying to scalp Wii u's they never ran out of preorders. At least at Walmart. Maybe people are more into the Switch
Yeah, I'm surprised people are actually interested with all the bitterness floating around.

It looks like the emo gave me just enough time to safely slide into line. Hold on though, just in case I'll go check Target for you guys.

*checks*

"Coming soon". . .So they DID sell out there. Looks like you can still get most of the games if you're interested in reserving that ahead of time though, the only one of those that sold out is the fancier edition of BotW.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tiki needs to be playable in FEW also
If Tiki does appear in Fire Emblem Warriors, I wonder which version they'll choose and how they will handle both versions if both versions appear in the game.

Come to think of it, will they do anything with Einherjar or the Outrealm for the game or even use them for the story? I mean, in the DLC for Awakening, the Einherjar had their own story revolving around them and despite them not really saying anything in the serving of the player(mostly doing "....."), they do, in fact, still speak and can even mistake themselves as the real deal as shown in the Awakening DLC. It'd be a rather interesting twist if it turned out that the characters we play in Fire Emblem Warriors were really Einherjar(except Anna. That'd be the real plot twist. Everybody's a fake except Anna).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, I'm surprised people are actually interested with all the bitterness floating around.

It looks like the emo gave me just enough time to safely slide into line. Hold on though, just in case I'll go check Target for you guys.

*checks*

"Coming soon". . .So they DID sell out there. Looks like you can still get most of the games if you're interested in reserving that ahead of time though, the only one of those that sold out is the fancier edition of BotW.
Any bitterness is from the vocal minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom