• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want to share this

Edit: Skip to 1 minute

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I missed the discussion on leakers earlier, but I don't really see the fact that they got the presentation wrong as a sign that they should be discredited. . .well, Laura anyway, I wasn't following the Liam guy and didn't take him quite as seriously. Laura was pretty open about just getting her info from various sources and actively changing it whenever the news she got changed.

If most of what she's getting wrong is related to dates (which can change rather quickly I'm sure) and things simply not being announced at the presentation (Which is. . .not an indicator or whether or not anything is real or fake. Not getting news right away doesn't mean it doesn't exist.), I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, at least until more things pile up or we make it all the way through E3 without any of her remaining rumored games announced.

Either way, since she pretty openly has such a mixed bag of sources, some of them could have been legitimate while others were feeding her nonsense. I trust her to at least try to sort out who is who. With the kinds of things that most of her incorrect details post-presentation consist of, I feel giving her a six month window for them to be announced before passing judgement on her leaking skills isn't completely naive.

And Dark Souls Trilogy not happening wouldn't discredit her either, because all she said was that they had it running. There was an implication even at the time that there was a good chance they wouldn't even release it on the system and were only considering it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys.... Oh my god..... If this real, my mood has just changed completely. This has to be real based on the evidence provided (this is just my opinion, however):

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...sh_for_switch_practically_confirmed_with_new/

Just so you know, I got out of bed after sleeping for 10 hours (or from 5 AM to 3 PM) just to post this. I am not crazy. :p
If this is real, does that mean less "I dream of smash" posts?

I mean, Its pretty weird they didnt show it or even talk about it and yet, its on the site?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys.... Oh my god..... If this real, my mood has just changed completely. This has to be real based on the evidence provided (this is just my opinion, however):

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...sh_for_switch_practically_confirmed_with_new/

Just so you know, I got out of bed after sleeping for 10 hours (or from 5 AM to 3 PM) just to post this. I am not crazy. :p
It's more than likely fake.

Assassin's Creed Egypt and Rabbids Invasion are also listed, alongside Pikmin World. Those names come from the now-proven-fake Mario Frost Land leak. This is just a placeholder based on a debunked leak.

It's a false alarm, people.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If this isreal, does that mean less "I dream of smash" posts?
I somehow knew you were going to ask me that (but I do admit my obsession of a new Smash game has gotten annoying and unhealthy).

In general though, yes it would.

Also, a bit late, but I wanted to apologize to @CroonerMike for my earlier behavior a couple of days ago. I almost never get depressed like that and I now consider it to have been unnecessary.

It's more than likely fake.

Assassin's Creed Egypt and Rabbids Invasion are also listed, alongside Pikmin World. Those names come from the now-proven-fake Mario Frost Land leak. This is just a placeholder based on a debunked leak.

It's a false alarm, people.
I mean, are you positive on that? I'd wait a bit and see if it checks out; this website possibly leaked the accessories before according to the twitter post.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I somehow knew you were going to ask me that (but I do admit my obsession of a new Smash game has gotten annoying).

In general though, yes it would.

Also, a bit late, but I wanted to apologize to @CroonerMike for my earlier behavior a couple of days ago. I almost never get depressed like that and I now consider it to have been unnecessary.

I mean, are you positive on that? I'd wait a bit and see if it checks out; this website possibly leaked the accessories before according to the twitter post.
The names match 100%. I wouldn't put stock into this at all.

Honestly I doubt we'll see anything regarding Smash 4 Switch until E3.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The names match 100%. I wouldn't put stock into this at all.

Honestly I doubt we'll see anything regarding Smash 4 Switch until E3.
I'm going to give this some time before I dismiss it completely. You're right either way; it does match up with some names from that Frost Land leak, so I am not denying that.

Do you think Smash would work as a launch title, out of curiosity? It could garner more sales and help increase the launch title lineup.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm going to give this some time before I dismiss it completely. You're right either way; it does match up with some names from that Frost Land leak, so I am not denying that.

Do you think Smash would work as a launch title, out of curiosity? It could garner more sales and help increase the launch title lineup.
If Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't a launch title, I don't think Smash has any shot of being a launch title. It'd have to have at least two new characters, I'd think, in order to sell, and Smash characters take a lot more resources than Mario Kart racers.

Fall or holiday title is the earliest, IMO.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If Smash and Mario Kart are both year one, I'm copping a Switch as soon as possible. They're my biggest reason for still buying Nintendo consoles (aside from just wanting to own all of them). I don't even care if they're minor updates, it still gives me a reason to sell off my Wii U.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't a launch title, I don't think Smash has any shot of being a launch title. It'd have to have at least two new characters, I'd think, in order to sell, and Smash characters take a lot more resources than Mario Kart racers.

Fall or holiday title is the earliest, IMO.

You make a point; I remember when Mewtwo was revealed and that it can take quite a long time even to complete one fighter (including veterans). I guess I'm just hopeful for a spring/summer release so I'll have time to play it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a Fall or Winter release.

On a side-note, I keep trying to imagine you in Looker's voice (or at least the anime voice) when it comes to cracking down cases and evidence like this. Perhaps that is your goal? :p

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You make a point; I remember when Mewtwo was revealed and that it can take quite a long time even to complete one fighter (including veterans). I guess I'm just hopeful for a spring/summer release so I'll have time to play it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as a Fall or Winter release.

On a side-note, I keep trying to imagine you in Looker's voice (or at least the anime voice) when it comes to cracking down cases and evidence like this. Perhaps that is your goal? :p
I'll admit that crossed my mind afterwards, but I just like Looker really. :p

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Until folks can explain how LKD got the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale game despite there being no indication of it prior, she doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the more "flip-floppy" leakers.
Sure she does.

Because that's literally what she did with the Breath of the Wild release date.

LKD: Guys, BOTW is not a launch title, it's coming in the summer!
(Fliers surface online saying it is one)
LKD: HOLD ON MY SUPER SECRET SOURCE IS TELLING ME BOTW IS A LAUNCH TITLE!!!!!11

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Welp, I used my Master Ball on Tapu Koko.
And for those who willl say:
"Why did you a Master Ball? It's freaking cheap!"
One word: Kukui
His team scare me and I didn't want to face him again since you can't save between the two.
Plus it's real late and ending is real long from what I heard, so, here is that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Since "Is it" has already been answered, I'll interpret this question as "Would it help". . .I don't think it would make much of a difference when it was released. Melee was released a few months after launch with the Gamecube and that didn't save that system.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Since "Is it" has already been answered, I'll interpret this question as "Would it help". . .I don't think it would make much of a difference when it was released. Melee was released a few months after launch with the Gamecube and that didn't save that system.

Oh really? I hadn't thought of when Melee was released compared to the GameCube until now. Perhaps it wouldn't matter if this new Smash was a launch title then? Unless Nintendo's marketing strategies have changed, of course.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll admit that crossed my mind afterwards, but I just like Looker really. :p
So what you're saying is you're quite the... Looker
Sure she does.

Laura's twitter has her outright admit her source was wrong on that. She specifically worded it in a way which suggests she has multiple sources which wouldn't be wrong
His team scare me and I didn't want to face him again since you can't save between the two.
Plus it's real late and ending is real long from what I heard, so, here is that.
You could have beaten him and have a rematch later...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think it would probably sell better if it got a brand new entry rather than a port with a few additional content...
Not if the Switch does garbo. If anything it's safer for Nintendo this way. At least then if the Switch does do well, they can release a whole new Smash (and Mario Kart) and be sure it'll do well, rather than hope for the best.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So what you're saying is you're quite the... Looker

Laura's twitter has her outright admit her source was wrong on that. She specifically worded it in a way which suggests she has multiple sources which wouldn't be wrong

You could have beaten him and have a rematch later...
Nyeh, I prefer doing it right now.
Plus, since I don't have a Master Ball anymore, that mean I will have to catch the other legendaries with normal Pokeballs!
So, it's a win-win situation for me.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What difference does it make if she admitted it?

It was wrong nevertheless. She said it wasn't a launch title, proof popped up that it was, and she flip-flopped to her "other source" who just so happened to come out and tell her it was a launch title right after the fliers dropped.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What difference does it make if she admitted it?

It was wrong nevertheless. She said it wasn't a launch title, proof popped up that it was, and she flip-flopped to her "other source" who just so happened to come out and tell her it was a launch title right after the fliers dropped.
She owned up to a mistake. Tama would delete tweets and pretend he never said anything until the Shovel Knight thing was bigger than he thought
EDIT: Posted before saying this. That means she shouldn't he grouped up with a snobby brat who got mad that people in this thread didn't believe his words 100%

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not if the Switch does garbo. If anything it's safer for Nintendo this way. At least then if the Switch does do well, they can release a whole new Smash (and Mario Kart) and be sure it'll do well, rather than hope for the best.
I suppose it depends on how much new content is included in said hypothetical Switch port. I don't know if it will do as well if only like two additional characters and some 3DS stages where included into the game. But if it was done, like say. Hyrule Warriors Legends with more characters, new stages and perhaps a new game mode. It would probably do a lot better....

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sure she does.

Point is she also got a lot right.

That, and you conveniently ignored the first part of what you quoted.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think it would probably sell better if it got a brand new entry rather than a port with a few additional content...
Yeah. My thoughts exactly. I have no interest in port that's adding like 2-3 characters only.

Personally I would rather have an upgraded Smash 4 in Holiday 2018 that has the same newcomer amount as a normal Smash Bros game (like 12-17) in addition to the vets being added in.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Newsflash folks: they're people. They report things and sometimes believe things that don't turn out true. To call them things like "garbage" shows an astonishing lack of empathy, among other things.
Liam isn't "garbage" because he's a bad source for leaks.

He's "garbage" because he thinks that, in spite of his 100% incorrect track record, any leak that goes against his info must be fake and shot down.

I'm sorry, there is no justifiable defense for him doing what he did to that 4chan leak. Liam's credibility is already on par with a "My dad works at Nintendo!" kid, and it's completely ridiculous that he'd still think he's such a legit source that everyone should dismiss leaks based on his word alone.

LKD dismissed it in the same way, so she's on the same boat as him.

Point is she also got a lot right.

That, and you conveniently ignored the first part of what you quoted.
And she got even more wrong.

Which you yourself ignore or just outright disregard ("OMG DEY PUSHED IT BACK TO A DIFFERENT DATE EVEN THOUGH LKD SAID IT WOULD BE ON THE STREAM!!!!").

Tower of Smash correctly guessed that Onett and a stage based on Game & Wario would be in Smash 4. Do you think that leak deserves credit and future leaks by him should be taken seriously?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Liam isn't "garbage" because he's a bad source for leaks.

He's "garbage" because he thinks that, in spite of his 100% incorrect track record, any leak that goes against his info must be fake and shot down.

I'm sorry, there is no justifiable defense for him doing what he did to that 4chan leak. Liam's credibility is already on par with a "My dad works at Nintendo!" kid, and it's completely ridiculous that he'd still think he's such a legit source that everyone should dismiss leaks based on his word alone.
You're wrong on this too, he's garbage because he's a ****ing child about his leaks regardless to the 4chan leak, were you here when he made an account? His last post was months before and CONVENIENTLY right when I said the guy is a salty **** just to post the Simpsons gif everyone uses

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's easier to put a port out in comparison to a new game when you consider how Smash games are typically made.
Though further Smash games really should just build on the foundations that Smash 4 has laid and make improvements plus new features.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You're wrong on this too, he's garbage because he's a ****ing child about his leaks regardless to the 4chan leak, were you here when he made an account? His last post was months before and CONVENIENTLY right when I said the guy is a salty **** just to post the Simpsons gif everyone uses
I was here during the whole Shovel Knight debacle. I don't remember him being too insufferable (probably because his leak happened at the same time as Rogersbase, which involved a guy named "Stealth" or something similar who was desperate for attention, and thus made everyone else around seem great by comparison), but I recall him being super defensive about everything and wouldn't let go until the bitter end.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's easier to put a port out in comparison to a new game when you consider how Smash games are typically made.
Though further Smash games really should just build on the foundations that Smash 4 has laid and make improvements plus new features.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been building up from previous entries since Brawl? At least from the looks of some early game footage's and all. Although I suppose those could have just been reused assets or something....

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been building up from the previous entry since Brawl? At least from the looks of some early game footage's and all. Although I suppose those could have just been reused assets or something....
The assets were reused, yes, but Qrow meant a port would be inferior to a new game to fix problems
I was here during the whole Shovel Knight debacle. I don't remember him being too insufferable (probably because his leak happened at the same time as Rogersbase, which involved a guy named "Stealth" or something similar who was desperate for attention, and thus made everyone else around seem great by comparison), but I recall him being super defensive about everything and wouldn't let go until the bitter end.
In that 'bitter end' he posted '**** SMASHBOARDS on his twitter'
also lol Stealth, wasn't Tama in on that **** too? The "I know something, I'm going to hint at it, BUT I'M NOT TELLING!" that Roger started as a joke

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If you fail at catching Tapu Koko you do get the opportunity to catch it again...same thing with Deoxys in ORAS...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I guess she is becoming waifu

If you fail at catching Tapu Koko you do get the opportunity to catch it again...same thing with Deoxys in ORAS...
Oh damn, REALLY? I got a crappy Deoxys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom