• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I tested both Resident Evil 0 and Remake.
For 0, I advenced a bit and I have done OK so far. For Remake however, I didn't advence alot and I end up not saving because I got bitted by a zombie while I didn't know that the control bwetween 0 and Remake aren't the same. So, it will be another time.
But so far, I like it.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Finally!!! Become a champion of alola! Also managed to catch Tapu Koko with around 15 ultra balls used, after almost killing it omg. (1 health bar left!)

Here's the team that did it:
Salazzle
Mudsdale
Vikavolt
Dhelmise
Mimikyu
Ribombee

Snorlax gave me the most trouble. XD

EDIT: I PRESSED START DURING THE CREDITS AND IT RESET TO THE TITLE SCREEN. IT DIDN'T SAVE.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::cry:

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yiazmat can take a few hours, especially if you aren't aware of certain **** like being able to leave the arena to save, but if you do that he buffs himself. After you get half of his health down, his defences double. And to make it even better? He can cast reflect on your party, meaning if you heal yourself, it gets bounced back to Yiazmat FULLY HEALING HIM
I don't see why people think these sort of damage sponge bosses are fun.

Thank god Adamntoise isn't actually a challenge, it's just stupid big. I feel like a challenging damage sponge would be even worse.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Thank god Adamntoise isn't actually a challenge, it's just stupid big. I feel like a challenging damage sponge would be even worse.
Yiazmat has OHKO's too iirc. ****, damage sponge bosses by design are ****ing boring, you don't want to make it too easy, because otherwise you have a player constantly doing the same thing over and over while getting bored, but if you make it too hard, it's ****ing infuriating. Literally the only time I'd say damage sponges work are in Kid Icarus Uprising, in which they can take more damage based off of the difficulty, but that's REALLY stretching it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So... I found some activity.

I might be late, but judging by the last trailer of Breath of the Wild, I am thinking that this character here is actually Impa.

Anyone else thinking the same way?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I saw the number of Switch games mentioned and as a side note. . .I don't think the entire list of games given in that compiled list of Switch games is actually in development.

Specifically, anyone who doesn't have a known reputation and wore the Switch like a badge may not actually have a devkit and thus likely wouldn't be counted in Nintendo's official tally. In particular I question whether Seasons of Heaven and Dungeons of Zaar are actually in that tally, because I remember reading some odd stuff about those.

Basically I see the possibility of a fair few indies developing on external hardware because Nintendo will only give more major indies a chance in by launch, so until we know who's just blowing hot air or simply marking their plans the number of games actually in the tally seems like it's probably more fluid than it's being counted as.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I might be late, but judging by the last trailer of Breath of the Wild, I am thinking that this character here is actually Impa.

You're not the only one. I too think she's going to be our Impa of this game. She looks very sheikah-like. The golden object she's holding reminds me of Skyward Sword Impa. There, Impa prominently used a harp, and while the object in the picture doesn't seem to resemble a harp, I think it might be another instrument of some sort.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

She very well could be, and if not Impa, she's probably still a Sheikah.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Europeans will be able to hear Zelda cry in seven languages. Isn't that fun? :p
And watch, somehow the UK will still get saddled with the USA English dub track...

Also do you really think Nintendo of Europe would fork out all that money for all those extra dub tracks? Cause I don't.

Also really wish that we'd get the choice of having the Japanese dub track as well.

That can't be Impa, no red eyes. Remember the defining trait that separates the Sheikah from Hylians is their red eyes.

She's more likely to be a Gerudo because of the dark skin, but probably not since she has pointy ears.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
See you say that, and overall I agree.

But now I'm imagining a giant sponge with menacing googly eyes and honestly that might be the one time I'd give it a pass.

Even have elemental affinities picked out. Weak to fire, electric, and garbage disposals; absorbs water, soap, and grime.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I had to crop it for this site due to language (preschool toys and all) but I found the cutest Chara gif ever.
ezgif.com-513507a6f4.gif

Damn you, Frisk! We've been through this eighteen times now- who said you were in control?!
Also, on a different note, I've fallen in love with Sparten Ops in the Halo MCC. I've never played it before until now and its so much better then Firefight.

Palmer is also my very first Spartan waifu. :4villager:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And watch, somehow the UK will still get saddled with the USA English dub track...

Also do you really think Nintendo of Europe would fork out all that money for all those extra dub tracks? Cause I don't.

Also really wish that we'd get the choice of having the Japanese dub track as well.

That can't be Impa, no red eyes. Remember the defining trait that separates the Sheikah from Hylians is their red eyes.

She's more likely to be a Gerudo because of the dark skin, but probably not since she has pointy ears.
Yeah, the ears are what makes me think the character definitely isn't Gerudo.

I figured Sheikah is more likely since eye color just seems more variable than something like ear shape. She could be part of a new race all together though.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I finally get a Cosmeog! That I renamed Nebby of course even tough he is called "Doudou" in French.
Now, he better stay in the bag and wait until he become a good boy.
Pew

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when you miss out on a Smash tournament that took place yesterday when you thought nothing was going on. ;-;

This is what I get for not leaving my room and actually going out at all. Something tells me I need more of a social life, because it clearly seems like I almost do not have one...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It'd be great if you had an image and didn't just make me have to imagine who you're talking about

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So I went in search of a sponge monster because now the idea refuses to vacate my brain.

And it turns out if you ask nature to make a menacing sponge, the result is less laughter and more, "challenge accepted."

I wanted a sponge monster.

But not like this, man.

Not like this.

Who lives in a horrorscape under the sea? SpongeJack HellNo!
Disturbing, nightmarish and murd'rous is he? SpongeJack HellNo!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gerudo don't have pointed ears, guys. She's not a Gerudo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Impa's always had grey hair hasn't she? OoT, SS, HW, Adventure of Bort. Probably isn't her, and Impa's usually been Zelda's caretaker, I doubt she'd have good taste in lipstick then

I realized something about the online stuff. What if it's possible to have local splatoon matches with friends now? Could work fine

And suggestion for a mechanic for a new Smash: If you 'clank' *2 attacks hit each other perfectly and nullify each other* then whoever taps the button first after the clank gets the hit
Remember when at E3, the people at the treehouse would keep taking links shirt off? Yeah, thats gonna be me
And meeee
If I didn't know any better, I'd think you mentioned Candlejack somewhere in your po
Candlejack? That old joke? You need new ma

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I did post up an image, was a screenshot of the trailer.

Pause at 3:00.
Yeah bout her:

upload_2017-1-15_15-59-9.png

Now this is me parroting what has already been noted about a dozen times in the last half a page. But to nail this coffin closed: while gold eyes is the typical Gerudo color, she otherwise fits the bill for the Gerudo to a tee.

Even her clothing choices are more reminiscent of desert warrior woman than ninja shadow hunter. For example, the ornate crop top is common in every depiction of the Gerudo through the series, whereas we still haven't got a clue what Impa's navel looks like.

Gerudo don't have pointed ears, guys. She's not a Gerudo.
And impa never has dark dark skin like a Gerudo and never had red hair So who is that mystery lady then
People. People.

You're breaking my balls here.

You're breaking my balls.

Pointy ears.

Dark skin.

Nutcracker suite.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I went in search of a sponge monster because now the idea refuses to vacate my brain.

And it turns out if you ask nature to make a menacing sponge, the result is less laughter and more, "challenge accepted."

I wanted a sponge monster.

But not like this, man.

Not like this.

Who lives in a horrorscape under the sea? SpongeJack HellNo!
Disturbing, nightmarish and murd'rous is he? SpongeJack HellNo!

I took a detour for a moment to do something.

At least it isn't as bad if you close it's mouth. . .and stick an accessory on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom