• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gotta be honest; I have a feeling that the Inklings are a guaranteed lock in for Smash if we ever see the game or the port (depending on which path Nintendo decides to take it).

Them appearing in a brand new game AND the Mario Kart 8 port is evidence enough for me.
I mean.
Hasn't the consensus largely been "When, not if."?
Splatoon has been the first new IP to make a BIG impact for Nintendo since.... Smash itself? Like, it's far bigger than Pikmin or AC's launches, and yeah, it's carrying that momentum hard into a sequel and crossovers.

It's all of that which made people as "convinced" as they were for DLC/Ballot impact.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I

Hey, chill out dude. All she's doing is just expressing dissatisfaction over something. No need to say that.

I didn't said that in a "kick you out" sense; it was an advice for her own good, reading too much negativity will end hurting her.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My friend and I were discussing Switch and other Nintendo related things on Skype, and it somehow geared towards how he's not the biggest fan of GameXplain. When he said it seemed like something that could get boring after a while, I said "well that's why it's their job and not yours :V".

What happens next is a thing of pure beauty.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Woah. Man. It's bad enough not having my phone, but having the presentation last night made it exhausting to catch up with the thread. I had go to through nearly 40 pages just to get here.
Breath of the Wild trailer is #1 on trending right now.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm guessing the mii fighters are going to be cut now with miiverse being gone and them not showing up in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe apparently.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Woah, didn't know you could slide constantly to speed up the charge shot timing in Mega Man 6. That's pretty cool.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
How about you grab your router and turn it off. Take a break of the internet, because the opinions of others are too much influence for you, or simply ignore those sites and let time do its thing.
I would consider taking an internet break, but whenever I take a break my mood somehow gets even more sour and I'd probably just dwell on how much of an embarrassment I'm acting like right now instead.

I'll shut off the tabs for those sites for a while and hope temptation doesn't get the best of me, though. . .

*click* *click*

. . .

. . .I already feel tempted to look for other routes of discussion on the presentation. Gosh darnit.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I would consider taking an internet break, but whenever I take a break my mood somehow gets even more sour and I'd probably just dwell on how much of an embarrassment I'm acting like right now instead.

I'll shut off the tabs for those sites for a while and hope temptation doesn't get the best of me, though. . .

*click* *click*

. . .

. . .I already feel tempted to look for other routes of discussion on the presentation. Gosh darnit.
Like I said before, just focus on the positive side on things if that's what's on your mind.

i.e. What you liked about the Presentation and whatnot. Since you're a big Splatoon fan look forward to that as well as the new Mario and Zelda.

Just because people say negative things doesn't mean it has to influence you. They're only expressing their opinions on stuff which they have the right to. I might hate the prospect of a new FE game already but if you like that then you shouldn't have to share my cynicism towards that idea.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

*click* *click*

. . .

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound okay.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm gonna sleep all this excitement off. So here's a big list of things that today (last night maybe) revealed.

*Konami likes money and success again
*Mario one ups Team Fortress's obsession with hats to the determent of it's weapons by making it's hats into weapons.
*Violent Ken is now canon. Or at least no longer crossover OC trash.
*Suda51 is apparently untranslatable. (oh and NMH3 is coming)
*Fire Emblem's over representation in Smash may be corrected by virtue of reality changing to match it.
*Spring Man, long time butt of worst robot master jokes (pre-Sheep Man era) may be a lock for the next Smash.
*E3 this year will be exciting for Nintendo again.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

*click* *click*

. . .

Im sorry if this sounds rude but If you are looking for positivity, Getting sad about other peoples personal feelings isnt going to help

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Maybe the Miis will be dropped for a new avatar concept.

If there's a new one it better look anime as ****.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound okay.
Nothing about me is really OK, TBH. :/

I prefer not to focus on it since I get pretty self conscious when I actually contemplate my own existence, though. I already feel my eyes feeling moist thinking about it a bit. I don't even have anything particularly bad that happens to me, the only bad thing to happen to my life is myself.

I kind of want to work on a hobby or whatever as a more healthy way to spend some of my time, but then I either get bored or I get self conscious about that and quit not far in nearly every time I try.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Are you sure it wasn't just a NES Zapper? :troll:
It was an N-Zap model. It doesn't actually splat humans but being slapped in the face by ink stings pretty bad. They kept getting shot with ink until they gave in.

Splatoon went back in time specifically for this to happen.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I watched a lot of the presentation this morning on my 3DS.

• In all honesty, 1-2 Switch doesn't even look worth $1.00.
  • Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild interested me the most.
  • I didn't expect a Smash game, it's pretty early. It hasn't even been a year since they finished working on the last Smash game.
  • There's no way I could get the console anywhere near the launch, so I don't care about release games.

lily.

Smash Rookie
Maybe the Miis will be dropped for a new avatar concept.

If there's a new one it better look anime as ****.
I always felt as though Mii's were very limiting with customization options. Whether they are replaced for the Switch or return, I at least hope that they give us more options to play around with.

Thinking about it. Seeing as Switch doesn't continue the "Wii" line, I guess it does make sense to phase out all the "ii" stuff like Mii's.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I prefer not to focus on it since I get pretty self conscious when I actually contemplate my own existence, though. I already feel my eyes feeling moist thinking about it a bit. I don't even have anything particularly bad that happens to me, the only bad thing to happen to my life is myself.

I kind of want to work on a hobby or whatever as a more healthy way to spend some of my time, but then I either get bored or I get self conscious about that and quit not far in nearly every time I try.
I think you should just sleep it off at this point, or at least do something you actually enjoy. The way you're talking about yourself at this point just isn't remotely healthy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Coricus Coricus
Maybe just watch your favourite trailers from the presentation? Just re-live that sense of awe you get when seeing a new game for the first time. Might make you feel better.

Does help that Mario videos tend have a feel good nature.

And of course, keep away the comments.

---------------------------

Something to keep in mind is that the more hardcore part of the community will always judge something more harshly. Because we're more familiar with how Nintendo operates, even smaller negatives that don't mean much ultimately will not go unnoticed.

So you shouldn't take them too seriously.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'll get the console eventually. I'm going to try to scrounge the money together between my birthday and some things I'm selling. Hopefully it'll be enough for the switch, Bomberman, and Legend of Zelda to keep me until other games come out.

And my god there's so many games I want. Street Fighter, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Arms, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey.

And that's just the games that have been announced...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
My friend and I were discussing Switch and other Nintendo related things on Skype, and it somehow geared towards how he's not the biggest fan of GameXplain. When he said it seemed like something that could get boring after a while, I said "well that's why it's their job and not yours :V".

What happens next is a thing of pure beauty.

I came to the conclusion he did not about GameXplain, but about a philosophical rant about the Knuckles raps in Sonic Adventure 2 that I saw one time. Ever since then there's a small part of me that would love to go on for paragraphs being overly analytical while not taking it even remotely seriously.

Although to clarify fine details also more for the fun of it they're wrong about the marriage mechanic originating in Awakening, that was something originally in a Fire Emblem game that didn't make it stateside. :p

I think you should just sleep it off at this point, or at least do something you actually enjoy. The way you're talking about yourself at this point just isn't remotely healthy.
Well, I did stay up all night after the presentation and only crashed for three hours earlier. . .

. . .I know, I know. I never quite wound down after it that night.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
But, realtalk.
Switch is better in opening titles than the WiiU had.
Current Interest:
BotW
Odyssey
Arms
Spla2n
SMT5 ~
Xeno2 ~
FE Musou ~
NMH3 ~

As opposed to early WiiU titles of interest
W101
Pikmin 3

Uhm.
I think SM3DW, Bayo 2 and DKC:TF were fairly early.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So KH 2.8 got a patch, and it has one of the weirdest patch changes I've seen, even though it's technically fixing something.

This is how it was before.

To be honest, the removal of the bizarre chin brace caught my attention so much that I didn't even notice the eyes until I read that part.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went back to the bun place in the asian market near my house and tried the "Kimchi Bun" turns out it's "Kimchi Pork"

I quite like it, it's like a spicy pork bun

It's still nowhere as good as red bean though

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You don't need to defend them mindlessly like that, especially over literally nothing.
You say this everytime someone says something to you. I wasn't even defending them. I was even criticizing them for doing it so often. Even if I were defending them all I asked was why you were watching it still if they're doing stuff you don't like. If you're going to complain about it why even care? I'm not trying to attack you or anything but it seems like anytime someone tries to have a criticism on your opinion you pull the same thing. You seem to say this only to have people get frustrated at you and it's very confusing. I was only suggesting you quit watching. And yes they do these quirky conversations and nostalgia trips all the time on the Treehouse streams. Your insistence on attacking people because they don't criticizing Nintendo is becoming very frustrating and I ask you, please, tone it down a little.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

Look, I know where you're coming from, thinking that you're useless. And you know what? You're wrong. Most of the time, whenever people say that stuff, they're almost always deluded by the truth. The source of that delusion? Sadness. Sure, there are some people out there that truly are useless, but you're nothing like them. They're... just terrible people. You have potential. You're kind. You have so much going for you. So do yourself a favor and stop treating yourself like this. Please.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Is it worth getting KH 2.8 just for BBS 0.2?
Maybe I can figure out a way to rent it.

I don't really care about playing DDD, mainly because, Monstro gives me the heeby jeebies (any game that features traveling within the innards of a creature does that to me, so no Ocarina of Time either)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Oy.

Look, I understand that set of feelings pretty intimately, both with myself and people close to me, so I say this fully understanding its impact will be limited.

But, real talk, for what it's worth, you're one of the most level-headed and solid posters I know. If that's any reflection on the person behind the screen, it's a good one.

Well, I did stay up all night after the presentation and only crashed for three hours earlier. . .

. . .I know, I know. I never quite wound down after it that night.
Oh geez.

Sleep. Sleep.

So KH 2.8 got a patch, and it has one of the weirdest patch changes I've seen, even though it's technically fixing something.

This is how it was before.

The eyes.

Indeed.

:younglinkmelee::pichumelee: Watch out boys, you're about to have your title of "least cared about smash cuts" wrangled from you.

:4miif::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4mii:
As long as they don't nerf :4greninja: all the way out of the roster, we're good.

With his track record, though...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You know how there has been talk about how Chrom got the respect he deserved thanks to Fire Emblem Warriors? While browsing the Chrom tag on Tumblr, I think I just found the most relevant picture ever.

The "Friendship ended with A" meme really fits Chrom's current situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom