• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
View attachment 124884
Either that question mark on the character select screen is a random button, or Miis are locked in this demo. Or it could be a different character or avatar entirely.

The 3DS wasn't a part of the Wii line either, and that had Miis as well.
I still think there's more characters, they alluded to that in the treehouse... thing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly, my hope still remains for some sort of teaser of Kirby/Pokemon/Smash in the coming months or even weeks.

As for Animal Crossing, I still want to see the fans get a proper game, so here's hoping that happens for them as well!

If you were to do that, that would be awesome! That might also help out others as well. :)
I went looking for the official games for a start and found this lovely list straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-...ch|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|featured|des|-|-

The official list has 33 games instead of 26, discounting special editions of Zelda. Skews a bit more indie. Some of the major games missing from the 26-game list are present and accounted for, but Octopath and No More Heroes 3 are still missing. It also seems like it's likely to update when additional titles are announced due to the format.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
AAA crossover? Isn't that kind of monkey's paw asking for that Rabbids Mario game to come back up? LOL. I mean, both of those IPs are pretty high level.
Oh jeebus no, I just meant more cross-platform releases. Let's keep the Rabbids far, far away from this.
Coincidentally I hear the center of the sun is pretty far this time of year.

At any rate if everything on your list is correct - and other than some of the leaks like the XCX port, Metroid, and the Rabbids crossover, all of which I remain more reserved on for the moment, it sounds good to me - that's just under half at 36. My biggest concern, though, is that while over 80 games are currently in development, I suspect more than a few of those are going to take until 2018 or later to appear.

For reference, based on the Wikipedia pages which list their released games, it took Xbone and PS4 ten and eight months respectively to hit the 80 games mark. Switch might not hit that number for its first 16-18.

Sure, that's being generous and including cross-platform releases and a string of lesser or indie titles, but if Switch's number isn't counting such games too I'll eat my shades; in this industry that's just what you do.

[EDIT]: One of these days I swear I'll post timely responses.

I actually have to disagree with Ninty's list skewing indy, though; of the 33, I see maybe 10 indies, unless some of the titles I counted aren't as indie as I think. I expected close to 50-60%; I got 33%. And, though I've been wrong before, I don't much see the list skewing the other direction; the remaining releases look like major deals.

I do have to ask; is it humanly possible that Kirby, Pokemon, AND Smash Bros. is part of those 54 other games we don't know about? I'm concerned its a bunch of indie titles, but I could be wrong on that.
I would expect all three are.

I'm skeptical on any Smash news in 2017, but Pokemon Stars rumors keep swirling and as Coricus Coricus noted it is Kirby's 25th anniversary; some news could happen in either case.

I think Animal Crossing is most likely one of the 54 games as well, but the only ones making me think that are Nintendo themselves.
Also seems reasonable.

However, with New Leaf's Welcome amiibo update giving that title some extra mileage, I don't expect that title's a priority for them right this second. Probably won't hear news about AC until Q4 2017 at the soonest, and I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing them in 2017 or even possibly in 2018.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 124884
Either that question mark on the character select screen is a random button, or Miis are locked in this demo. Or it could be a different character or avatar entirely.
I was confused why the Inklings had separate places until I saw that the Villagers were also separated. Weird.

Does this mean they have different stats....?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Playing Mario Party 3 and I love how Waluigi kicks Bowser's ass in the game and is then scared ****less of him in Mario Tennis: Power Tour's opening.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know what I mean, it's the same thing as "to challenge someone's opinion".
...No, I don't know what you mean.

To challenge, and to offend (or go on the offensive), are two completely different things.

A challenge is an invitation, and is usually done free of any strong emotions. An offensive remark/action (such as towards a person's self) is forcing something on someone, usually out of a strong emotional drive or compulsion.

By dictionary definition, "challenging a person's view" and "attacking a person's self" are not remotely the same.

Okay, but the same thing could be said for all of the 'attacks' you've received.
No, because generally, I express a view and I, myself, get criticised. My view often doesn't. For example, multiple times, I've had people say I hate Nintendo and that I am only here to bring negativity for negativity's sake, and still fail to actually counter the points I make. When in actual fact, I objectively support Nintendo more than most people here would be willing to (i.e. I spend more money on them, and I have the photos of merchandise to prove it). But no, people tend to not even consider that because they can't handle another fan being more critical.

There was no clarification that it was a joke, and even then it took you until your second reply to him that it was a joke. And such it can be seen as a view, which he challenged you on. :p
If you couldn't tell that post was a joke, you are tone deaf (not an insult, that would be a fact). Also note how I mentioned the amount of likes it had, which I NEVER get on more serious, original posts of mine (because I'm not actually that well-liked as a person, remember?). I should not have to clarify this kind of thing in the first place. I'm not putting disclaimers to clarify the tone of every single one of my posts just because some people can't read context or tone.

Last edited:

lily.

Smash Rookie
View attachment 124884

The 3DS wasn't a part of the Wii line either, and that had Miis as well.
The 3DS is a handheld that coesxisted with the Wii and Wii U while the Switch is the successor to the Wii U and primarily a home console. I don't think you can really compare the 3DS to the Switch in this case if that makes any sense?

That being said I do think that Mii's are iconic so I can't really imagine them scrapped but then again you never know.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a port of Mario Kart 8 but with traditional battle courses and a few new characters... could it be possible that SSB4 could be ported to Switch?

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch could be a combined port of both 3DS and Wii U versions plus all the DLC... I really would love to play Paper Mario, Magicant, and Find Mii on the big screen. :awesome: And maybe, just MAYBE, SSB4 Switch could have a couple new stages, a couple new characters, and a few new Mii costumes? Or maybe they are saving them for SSB5 (not SSB4 Switch).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like every track for Mk8's battle mode was completely re designed:

If true, then that's pretty good.
Do they know what tracks are available for battle mode? Do they have any of the N64 tracks for example

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Have you played Rabbids Go home befor?
You should give it shot, thats how you make a good Rabbid game
Haven't played any of them honestly, but I'll keep that one in mind, thank ye.

Truth be told I don't dislike the Rabbids per se, rather the opposite. But I do enjoy giving them grief.

The last one listed raises questions (unless it's the DLC tracks from Mario Kart 8)
It better. No offense to Fast RMX, but we're long overdue for some Falcon.

Paging @Nixon Corral.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, here's the full list for those not clicking the link, in their order of listing.

Spoilers because it's long.

1. Fifa
2. Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
5. Splatoon 2
6. Arms
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8. Has Been Heroes
9. Just Dance 2017
10. Snipperclips
11. 1-2-Switch
12. Super Bomberman R
13. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
14. Arcade Archives
15. Disgaea 5 Complete
16. Dragonball Xenoverse 2
17. Farming Simulator
18. Fast RMX
19. Fire Emblem Warriors
20. Minecraft
21. Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
22. Puyo Puyo Tetris
23. Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
24. RIME
25. Shin Megami Tensei (new game)
26. Syberia 3
27. Steep
28. Sonic Project 2017
29. NBA 2K18
30. LEGO City Undercover
31. Sonic Mania
32. I am Setsuna
33. Skylanders Imaginators

Now let's add some rumors and what we know to that list. . .

34. Project Octopath
35. No More Heroes 3
36. Terraria
37. Stardew Valley
38. Beyond Good And Evil 2
39: Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch
40. Pokemon Stars
41. Xenoblade Chronicles X port
42. RabbidsxMario
43. Metroid
44. (something by Retro that is neither DK nor Metroid)

. . .And I just realized that list is missing a game from the first 26 game list, so. . .

45. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

That's 45 so far.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wasn't a Mii like character shown during that quick segment at the end where they showed off many of the upcoming games? Then again, it was there for a split second so it could have been a different character entirely...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wasn't a Mii like character shown during that quick segment at the end where they showed off many of the upcoming games? Then again, it was there for a split second so it could have been a different character entirely...
I think someone showed a picture of a Mii being in the menu for the system, too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I found a video of a popular gaming youtuber who regularly criticizes Nintendo.

He made a video saying he actually was super excited and was sold on it.

His video is half dislikes, wtf. Lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I guess people came there for a certain kind of attitude and didn't get what they wanted.

There's some people that seem to feed off of Nintendo messing up, and those types are practically drinking in the schadenfreude right now.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

If he's constantly bashing Nintendo and gets thumbs up for doing so, the second he stops bashing them of course he's going to get thumbs down. They go to the guy for bashing

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

It's cause it's the cool thing to hate on Nintendo.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still can't believe the upcoming release of Puyo Puyo Tetris is the first time a Puyo Puyo game got released in the west since 2004's Puyo Pop Fever.

This is not counting Virtual Console ports of older titles, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, & SEGA's 3D Classic Collection (the latter didn't even bother to translate the Japanese text)

Can't wait for it!

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stopped reading from the way the worded the first couple sentences alone
For sure, it's downright insulting at some points (and not how you promote courtesy and respect I might add).

But it was the only article I could find.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whoever wrote that is a political ideologue. They aren't really suggesting a show idea, they wrote that to mock people they don't agree with and to "virtue signal"

"Try as the community might to incorporate views from folks other than white males, there's still an incredible amount of hate and bile"

"
the show is also looking tor individuals who furiously disagree with the following topics:

Feminism, Gaming, Vegans, Conspiracy Theories, Rival Sports Teams, Syrian Refugees, Immigration, Black Lives Matter, LGBT/Trans issues, etc

To put it bluntly, this series will only serve to fuel hatred and further give terrible people more power than they already have now."

That. Specifically that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...No, I don't know what you mean.

To challenge, and to offend (or go on the offensive), are two completely different things.

A challenge is an invitation, and is usually done free of any strong emotions. An offensive remark/action (such as towards a person's self) is forcing something on someone, usually out of a strong emotional drive or compulsion.

By dictionary definition, "challenging a person's view" and "attacking a person's self" are not remotely the same.
Looks like you took that literally, or are you "tone deaf" too?

No, because generally, I express a view and I, myself, get criticised. My view often doesn't. For example, multiple times, I've had people say I hate Nintendo and that I am only here to bring negativity for negativity's sake, and still fail to actually counter the points I make. When in actual fact, I objectively support Nintendo more than most people here would be willing to (i.e. I spend more money on them, and I have the photos of merchandise to prove it). But no, people tend to not even consider that because they can't handle another fan being more critical.
Dude, you often act like your attacked when challenges your view, regardless whether it's an attack on you or not. It's just that most people don't take it personally.

If you couldn't tell that post was a joke, you are tone deaf (not an insult, that would be a fact). Also note how I mentioned the amount of likes it had, which I NEVER get on more serious, original posts of mine (because I'm not actually that well-liked as a person, remember?). I should not have to clarify this kind of thing in the first place. I'm not putting disclaimers to clarify the tone of every single one of my posts just because some people can't read context or tone.
So what if you got a lot of likes? I've seen people like plenty of things that are cynical, even in such numbers. I mean, there are people that do hate the treehouse for the reasons you stated in the post and would agree with them. I myself didn't even read it like you were being serious, but I can clearly see why people would take it seriously.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

https://www.destructoid.com/there-s...trolls-sick-of-fake-gamer-girls--410491.phtml

This is one of the stupidest ideas for a TV show I've ever seen.
. . .

Well you're not wrong about that.

In what universe can siccing combative bigots onto individuals looking for any excuse for attention possibly help anything?

I mean, obviously this isn't meant to help anything in the slightest, but it's. . .dumb on a deeper level than I think can even be summed up with that pitch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Having the wrong opinion makes you an internet troll and a spreader of hate

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Just finished doing a movie night screening of the cheesy live action Street Fighter from the 90's. Surprisingly, it was my first time watching the film. It's very much cheesy schlock that barely resembles the source material. Even with that, there's some fun too be had. Raul Julia really does make for a great Bison. Hearing how this was his last role before he passed and how he did it for his kids puts a bit of tragic note on the whole show. If you're down for some dumb 90s action so-bad-it's-good entertainment, give it a watch.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just finished doing a movie night screening of the cheesy live action Street Fighter from the 90's. Surprisingly, it was my first time watching the film. It's very much cheesy schlock that barely resembles the source material. Even with that, there's some fun too be had. Raul Julia really does make for a great Bison. Hearing how this was his last role before he passed and how he did it for his kids puts a bit of tragic note on the whole show. If you're down for some dumb 90s action so-bad-it's-good entertainment, give it a watch.

Was he too good for the movie?

But he did it as a favor to his kids

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like you took that literally, or are you "tone deaf" too?
Ah, we damage controlling now. Awesome.

Dude, you often act like your attacked when challenges your view, regardless whether it's an attack on you or not. It's just that most people don't take it personally.
Provide proof.

For the record, I mostly don't acknowledge whether or not I've been attacked as I usually don't care or see it as relevant to whatever the discussion topic at a particular time is.

So what if you got a lot of likes? I've seen people like plenty of things that are cynical, even in such numbers. I mean, there are people that do hate the treehouse for the reasons you stated in the post and would agree with them. I myself didn't even read it like you were being serious, but I can clearly see why people would take it seriously.
The point is that it's a distinct pattern that my more serious, actually critical posts, don't often get a lot of positive attention. This one did though. Because it was a simple joke that people picked up on. One person did not pick up on it and decided there had to be more to it, intentionally or not.

There's really no argument for saying the post was serious either. It was an image with a caption.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild runs SMOOTHER on Wii U, according to Gamespot.

https://youtu.be/DLNYOJ6qXE8?t=152

>Lucy: "Have you played it on the Wii U and what are the main kinds of differences?"
>Dave: "I played it on the Wii U, at E3, and actually the Wii U version was smoother."
>Lucy: "... Yes."
>Dave: "I had a few moments where there were frame drops and when it came to aiming with the Joy Con controller it was VERY difficult, I didn't experience that with the Wii U game pad."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom