• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A question for everyone: What would your ideal video game be composed of?

Mine would have dinosaurs(or anything dinosaur like IE Monster Hunter), robots(with a science fiction theme in general), and androgynous dudes. (One of those things is not like the other.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Mine would have dinosaurs(or anything dinosaur like IE Monster Hunter), robots(with a science fiction theme in general), and androgynous dudes. (One of those things is not like the other.)
Well duh.

It's the robots.

Cause the other two are living things. :troll:

I win the prize.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well duh.

It's the robots.

Cause the other two are living things. :troll:

I win the prize.
Nah. It's actually the dinosaurs because dinosaurs can't be fashionable unlike the other two. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think your perfect game exists.

It's called Fossil Fighters

23 Pokemon.

My final team ended up having 23 Pokemon in it. Everyone here pulled their weight and I'm happy they all shone through. Even Pokemon I expected to babysit like Gumshoos, Hypno and WishiWashi proved me wrong big time (Gumshoos even broke the wall that was Lusamine's Clefable for me something every other member on my team at that moment couldn't). They're all in their high 40s. I am going to go into the Pokemon League tomorrow and attempt to beat it. In the mean time, I'll capture things for the Pokedex and train. Decidueye will lead the charge, but I'm not sure who else I should bring. So I'll let you guys vote.

Who do you think I should bring with me into the League? To prevent humongous votes, I'll limit it so that each person can only vote for five Pokemon. So guys, who should I bring (barring Decidueye cause he's in)?

Kommo-o, Mudsdale, Raichu, Golisopod and Salazzle.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
23 Pokemon.

My final team ended up having 23 Pokemon in it. Everyone here pulled their weight and I'm happy they all shone through. Even Pokemon I expected to babysit like Gumshoos, Hypno and WishiWashi proved me wrong big time (Gumshoos even broke the wall that was Lusamine's Clefable for me something every other member on my team at that moment couldn't). They're all in their high 40s. I am going to go into the Pokemon League tomorrow and attempt to beat it. In the mean time, I'll capture things for the Pokedex and train. Decidueye will lead the charge, but I'm not sure who else I should bring. So I'll let you guys vote.

Who do you think I should bring with me into the League? To prevent humongous votes, I'll limit it so that each person can only vote for five Pokemon. So guys, who should I bring (barring Decidueye cause he's in)?

The league is where you become champion right. good luck cos its rrly hard. tho i heard battle tree is much harder.

Voting Mimikyu, Mismagius, Salazzle, Araquanid and Mudsdale

Also where do you get the sprites?

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228

Good Character Designs. Without fail, my favorate thing in video games are character designs. Add that with some good story telling, a distinctive art style, *COUGH*Soul Crushing Length*Cough* and some other stuff and you got a best seller in my book. I mean, look at this:
So Cool.
AND THIS:

IMGOINGTOCRY

D

Deleted member

I think your perfect game exists.

It's called Fossil Fighters
LMFAO, should have known since I've owned the game Though I forgot that it does have robots and I remember there being an androgynous dude in the second game which my friend showed me unless my memory is deceiving me.(But there isn't one yet so far in my progress of the first game.)

You wanna go bruh? :4yoshi:
Well, either way I think we can agree that the androgynous dudes are clearly the common link.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
23 Pokemon.

Hm...Decidueye's already a lock, so I'd go with...

-Raichu
-Lycanroc
-Salazzle
-Mudsdale
And either Kommo-o or Golisopod. Leaning toward Golisopod.

Altogether, I think that'll give you your most well-rounded team, in coverage, physical and special attacks, and limiting weaknesses.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LMFAO, should have known since I've owned the game Though I forgot that it does have robots and I remember there being an androgynous dude in the second game which my friend showed me unless my memory is deceiving me.(But there isn't one yet so far in my progress of the first game.)

Well, either way I think we can agree that the androgynous dudes are clearly the common link.
The first game kind of sucks overall. The second is the best of the trilogy, and that one does have an androgynous guy.

The third one...exists

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Is Araquanid any good. I considered it putting on my team before but it seemed weak and Lycanroc was letting me down - at least compared to the rest of my team or maybe I had too high expectations.

Now tho my team rotation is more varied and Pelago leveling up is going well so Im reconsidering.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...Hold on a second.
I tough you could separate a Zygarde's cell that your recieve via trading. But the game won't let me do that because it say that "Zygarde learned how to use his perfect form and it's talent Power Construct make him unable to be separate" (traduction in French btw).
So, I am forced to do this horrible sidequest until the end?!:023:

D

Deleted member

The first game kind of sucks overall. The second is the best of the trilogy, and that one does have an androgynous guy.

The third one...exists
Yeah, I need to get the second one considering that one does seem by far the best one from what I've seen of it. And also because of obligatory skull puns.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Araquanid any good. I considered it putting on my team before but it seemed weak and Lycanroc was letting me down - at least compared to the rest of my team or maybe I had too high expectations.

Now tho my team rotation is more varied and Pelago leveling up is going well so Im reconsidering.
Araquanid has good attack and special defense. It also has some nice attacks.

It's good for ingame at least. What form of Lycanroc?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
23 Pokemon.

Muk
Skarmory
Wishiwashi
Mimikyu
Mudsdale

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Got a Drampa through Wonder Trading nicknamed Sen-Long.
I really like that. <3 Its now also the only nicknamed pokemon in my boxes. I also bred it so I have one just called Drampa.
(except the one where I will evolve those then breed them so I don't have nicknames lol)

I was going to name my Salazzle :4bayonetta2: but....I got used to Salazzle XD.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i just sat down and watched a recap of all three FF13 games...say what you will but the fact they were all a work so square could get a fashion sponsorship is ******* hilarious

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yes, he's very good.

He's built like a tank, and any water attack he does deals double damage

Although, you basically only want to use water attacks with him

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, he's very good.

He's built like a tank, and any water attack he does deals double damage

Although, you basically only want to use water attacks with him
Not to mention the ability also packs Water Veil for free. Burn immunity on a physical attacker is always good.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
...Hold on a second.
I tough you could separate a Zygarde's cell that your recieve via trading. But the game won't let me do that because it say that "Zygarde learned how to use his perfect form and it's talent Power Construct make him unable to be separate" (traduction in French btw).
Pretty sure you can't separate 100% Zygarde. Could be wrong, though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Hold on a second.
Perfect Zygarde can't be separated

Any Zygarde that doesn't have "Power Construct" can be separated regardless of its original source

Edit: Just try trading the Zygarde on GTS for a different Zygarde

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
@JamesDNaux
@AndreaAC

Someone's making a Rayman 2 level editor. Hot dang.
Shame it's for the PC version, though. When I was a kid, I played that version, and then later got the N64 one. (it wouldn't save for some reason) Would be better if the editor was for the N64 version, since that's easier to download.

-----

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get why CNN continues to employ a racist woman in "Symone Sanders"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pretty sure you can't separate 100% Zygarde. Could be wrong, though.
Perfect Zygarde can't be separated

Any Zygarde that doesn't have "Power Construct" can be separated regardless of its original source

Edit: Just try trading the Zygarde on GTS for a different Zygarde
Well, that suck.
'Guess I have to find another Zygarde...
Still, thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's my point though.

I've watched SAO. More than you have, apparently (not even being cheeky, you literally said you didn't watch the last two arcs).

It's got it's ups and it's downs. The downs do outweigh the ups.

But ultimately, the show is not about the game mechanics of this imaginary MMO, it simply uses "VR MMO" as a setting for it's stories to take place in.

What you're doing is equivalent to ripping on Doctor Who just because it's time travel mechanics aren't explored and don't make much sense. Sure, that may be the case, but ultimately the show isn't about that. It's about a being who seemingly can't die, how he deals with this fact, and the adventures and heroics he gets up to and the relationships he develops. Time travel is used as an excuse to give him adventures in different imaginative locations, but otherwise, the show makes very little attempt to explore the consequences and scientific logic and theories behind time travel. And that's perfectly fine.

If you really don't like SAO and want to tell someone about that and how they should avoid it, you have much more blatantly flawed or terrible aspects to discuss that would more easily convince them.
I know the subject has kinda died down as of now, but I was liking the discussion last night so I'll continue it from here. And you quoted the only part of my post thst wasn't directed at you lol

The game is about the "VR MMOs", saying it's not and that's 'just' a setting for whatever other themes it has is wrong. You're confusing underlying themes with the main plot, like your example of Doctor Who, the show is about an immortal alien that travels through time into adventures throughout history. Things like how he deals with that are the themes that are explored and discussed in the story, and while important, they don't make the rest of the setting and plot less significant and shouldn't be ignored just because "that's not what it's about".

The games in-universe are the equivalent of a society yet the show gives me a society that can't stand up on its own. If it doesn't eve make sense that there are people playing those games, the show fails to convince me of thst world.
And the bad game mechanics DO come play into the story more than making an unbelievable world:
-The anti-crystal zones, preventing you from using your "return to town" item that is in every RPG for about 70% of the game. It's what kills Kirito's party in the second episode and starts his whole emotional trauma and blah blah blah. Also, the random dudes that die in that other boss arena because of that.
-Speaking of episode 2, the stupid chest room, there's no indication that the chest could be a trap and opening it is certain death because about 20+ enemies spawn inside the room and lock you in there.
-The fact Kirito can solo a MMO AND level grind to regenerate HP faster than he can receive damage. These two directly come into play into how overpowered he is.
-Ditto for his exclusive dual-wield skill. It's never explained how he got it and it makes him even more op.
-The entire playerbase could just gang up on any boss because there's no party limit. If you can fit in the room, you're in.
-How are the races that don't have damaging spells even supposed to reach the top of the tree? I get that it was a ruse and all but did no one consider that when making their character.
-The randomized avatars. While it's not that big of a deal with ALO(even if it makes no sense that anyone would have a good-looking one), it's literally just done to give Kirito the feminine avatar in GGO.
-The bullet trails are done so God Kirito can just Jedi his way out of it. Even if it makes no sense for a shooter to have bullet trail
-WHY ARE THERE STATS IN A SHOOTER NOT EVERYTHING IS RPG AAAAAAA
-No one but the two main characters realise the usefulness of the weapons they use.
-The satellite can be avoided by having any sort of cover, including water, or having the rare cloak that Death Gun has which is stupid in itself btw. It's worse because, again, only ****ing Kirito finds this out.
-8 ****ing months to creafe a competitive build. 8 ****ING MONTHS. HOW DOES ANYONE EVEN PLY THIS ****. HOW DOES KIRITO EVEN MANAGE TO JUST START PLAYING IT FROM THE GET GO?
-You can't just disconnect during BoB. Hope your house is not on fire.

I could talk about the flaws in the writing itself but honestly, that's boring, it's more fun to talk **** about the clearly flawed mechanics inside the games. Because I doubt there's anyone to disagree with me on the writing

EDIT: oh my god how did this end up so big, I didn't mean to do that someone please stop me I can't stop typing
I don't get why CNN continues to employ a racist woman in "Symone Sanders"
Uh, context?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I know the subject has kinda died down as of now, but I was liking the discussion last night so I'll continue it from here. And you quoted the only part of my post thst wasn't directed at you lol

The game is about the "VR MMOs", saying it's not and that's 'just' a setting for whatever other themes it has is wrong. You're confusing underlying themes with the main plot, like your example of Doctor Who, the show is about an immortal alien that travels through time into adventures throughout history. Things like how he deals with that are the themes that are explored and discussed in the story, and while important, they don't make the rest of the setting and plot less significant and shouldn't be ignored just because "that's not what it's about".

The games in-universe are the equivalent of a society yet the show gives me a society that can't stand up on its own. If it doesn't eve make sense that there are people playing those games, the show fails to convince me of thst world.
And the bad game mechanics DO come play into the story more than making an unbelievable world:
-The anti-crystal zones, preventing you from using your "return to town" item that is in every RPG for about 70% of the game. It's what kills Kirito's party in the second episode and starts his whole emotional trauma and blah blah blah. Also, the random dudes that die in that other boss arena because of that.
-Speaking of episode 2, the stupid chest room, there's no indication that the chest could be a trap and opening it is certain death because about 20+ enemies spawn inside the room and lock you in there.
-The fact Kirito can solo a MMO AND level grind to regenerate HP faster than he can receive damage. These two directly come into play into how overpowered he is.
-Ditto for his exclusive dual-wield skill. It's never explained how he got it and it makes him even more op.
-The entire playerbase could just gang up on any boss because there's no party limit. If you can fit in the room, you're in.
-How are the races that don't have damaging spells even supposed to reach the top of the tree? I get that it was a ruse and all but did no one consider that when making their character.
-The randomized avatars. While it's not that big of a deal with ALO(even if it makes no sense that anyone would have a good-looking one), it's literally just done to give Kirito the feminine avatar in GGO.
-The bullet trails are done so God Kirito can just Jedi his way out of it. Even if it makes no sense for a shooter to have bullet trail
-No one but the two main characters realise the usefulness of the weapons they use.
-The satellite can be avoided by having any sort of cover, including water, or having the rare cloak that Death Gun has which is stupid in itself btw. It's worse because, again, only ****ing Kirito finds this out.
-8 ****ing months to creafe a competitive build. 8 ****ING MONTHS. HOW DOES ANYONE EVEN PLY THIS ****. HOW DOES KIRITO EVEN MANAGE TO JUST START PLAYING IT FROM THE GET GO?

I could talk about the flaws in the writing itself but honestly, that's boring, it's more fun to talk **** about the clearly flawed mechanics inside the games. Because I doubt there's anyone to disagree with me on the writing

EDIT: oh my god how did this end up so big, I didn't mean to do that someone please stop me I can't stop typing

Uh, context?
When protesters were dragging people out of cars and beating them up, her response to the people being attacked was "Aww...Poor white people" sarcastically.

And this recent kidnapping case, she said the kidnappers were good, nice boys/girls raised by good families and it was white people's fault they kidnapped and tortured this kid while livestreaming it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, don't use Midnight Lycanroc, it's terrible.
The Midday form is kinda decent.

Excuse me?

Look at my avatar.
I honestly don't think either of them are great, and the only good thing from Midday form is Accelerock

Midnight Lycanroc looks cool at least though.

I don't get why they gave him this whole "counter" gimmick with his stats and typing though. If they were going to give him a gimmick, they should have made some new move that was worth it

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think either of them are great, and the only good thing from Midday form is Accelerock

Midnight Lycanroc looks cool at least though.

I don't get why they gave him this whole "counter" gimmick with his stats and typing though. If they were going to give him a gimmick, they should have made some new move that was worth it
Some Rock-type Sucker Punch would've been great

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Lycanroc, Crabominable and Silvally are pretty disappointing Pokemon.
I don't understand why they made them so bad.

Pokemon like Lurantis and Gumshoos are not disappointing because everybody knew thet would be bad, but the others, I don't know, I expected much more.

I'm glad Bewear is good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Stars could potentially make Lycanroc (Both forms) a lot better by expanding their movepools, which is the biggest issue. The current coverage moves they have are either too weak or don't cover enough. I dunno if it is currently, but it not, an expanded movepool could make Midday a UU threat.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Uh, context?
I'll spoiler this in case anyone cares to watch SAO. Probably should have spoilered some of my earlier posts, actually.

Aincrad Arc is about a shut-in otaku gamer kid who finds friendship and love, and because of these two things (and a ludicrous amount of training to become OP, typical of any shonen anime), is able to fight his way out of a life or death scenario and becomes a hero.

Alfheim Arc is about the same kid trying to save his damsel in distress girlfriend from a crazy, perverted psychopath. He also deals with a strained relationship with his sister (who he later finds out is his cousin), due to the fact that she is romantically and sexually attracted to him.

Gun Gale Arc is about this same kid being sent on an undercover mission by some authorities (honestly can't remember if it was the government or someone else) to find a mysterious killer. It also deals with this girl he meets and her PTSD struggles.

Excalibur Arc I will give you is actually about video games, because the entire thing is just Kirito trying to get a rare OP sword in Alfheim for the lulz, and him and his friends are also roped into a literal in-game quest to help a bunch of NPC characters in the game. Then they go into some half-hearted "MAYBE THE VIDEO GAME CHARACTERS HAVE A MIND OF THEIR OWN" spiel that's incredibly dumb.

Mother's Rosario Arc is about otaku kid's girlfriend, Asuna, with him taking a backseat role. Asuna meets a girl while playing one of her VR games, and becomes very good friends with her and her group of friends. She later learns that this girl has a terminal disease and plays the VR game from a hospital bed. Knowing that her friend is doomed to an untimely death, she takes it upon herself to make the last few days of her new friend's life, the best she has ever had. There is also a side plot about Asuna's mother trying to get her to stop playing VR games, and how she disproves of her relationship with her boyfriend, and how she wants her to go to a different college that her boyfriend won't be going to.

So of the five Arcs in SAO, only one is ACTUALLY about video games, and it's by far the shortest Arc, at a measly three episodes. Aincrad and Alfheim are shonen anime (with Aincrad having a lite-survival element due to the death game set up). Gun Gale is a murder mystery show. Excalibur is the magical adventure in video game land with actual video game NPCs. And Mother's Rosario is straight up slice-of-life/drama with a tragedy element to it.

SAO is not about video games, and simply uses them as a part of it's setting, except for three episodes which try to actually be more nitty gritty about video game mechanics (and it doesn't do it very well because Alfheim isn't a good video game from a mechanics standpoint).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom