• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thanks Azure. Now every member of my team is fully evolved.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Are you implying that hardcore gamers, specifically hardcore MMO gamers, have a higher average income than people who only play games casually but otherwise lead successful, fulfilling lives?

Because if so, I'm afraid I've got some bad news...
nope im not, im pmplying that the FIRST vr mmo wouldnt be on the casual radar espeically not one with a limited physical only release where people lined up to get their copies...call me crazy but unless its black friday most normal/casual people dont wait outside of a store before it opens to get any single item, hell most casual gamers dont understand how preordering works (see howmany people were shocked about the nes minis scarcity)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gladion smiling looks really nice actually.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Such as what? I know I have some pretty good and rare ones.
there is this one I saw on Salty bet that is an Ondo festival with a bunch of characters dancing
Then there is the answer to that stage with everyone all tired and on the ground while the touhou characters are still dancing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gladion smiling looks really nice actually.
Well yeah, he is a human being is he not? I'd expect him to look fine while he's smiling, even if though he looks upset all of the time.(I can relate.) Unless you're saying he looks particular hot while smiling or something. :p

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Well yeah, he is a human being is he not? I'd expect him to look fine while he's smiling, even if though he looks upset all of the time.(I can relate.) Unless you're saying he looks particular hot while smiling or something. :p
If you're implying you've never seen someone with an ugly smile you're lying.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
That actually sounds rather short.
i mean if you remove all the skits and the 10 minutes of singing marios 1-1 theme this is by default longer than their e3 2015 direct and its not like they have to do a 10 minute reveal of the switch

D

Deleted member

If you're implying you've never seen someone with an ugly smile you're lying.
True, I probably should've reworded that, but I've never seen an attractive looking fictional character with an ugly smile. Unless I'm proven otherwise...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

So, Detective Pikachu.

That sure was a thing that disappeared from the face of the Earth

D

Deleted member

So, Detective Pikachu.

Yeah, what ever happened to that anyway? Ever since Danny Devito asked "What's pokemon?" I haven't heard anything about Detective Pikachu.

Chrono.

Yeah, what ever happened to that anyway? Ever since Danny Devito asked "What's pokemon?" I haven't heard anything about Detective Pikachu.
Last thing that was heard was that there's a movie in the works.

But as far as the game's episodes go, it's pretty much dead in the water. The first one was released in Japan and literally nothing else was said or done after.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, Detective Pikachu.

My guess is that they cancelled the game, thinking the idea would work better as a movie.

The movie got a director recently, the guy who directed Goosebumps.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
23 Pokemon.

My final team ended up having 23 Pokemon in it. Everyone here pulled their weight and I'm happy they all shone through. Even Pokemon I expected to babysit like Gumshoos, Hypno and WishiWashi proved me wrong big time (Gumshoos even broke the wall that was Lusamine's Clefable for me something every other member on my team at that moment couldn't). They're all in their high 40s. I am going to go into the Pokemon League tomorrow and attempt to beat it. In the mean time, I'll capture things for the Pokedex and train. Decidueye will lead the charge, but I'm not sure who else I should bring. So I'll let you guys vote.

Who do you think I should bring with me into the League? To prevent humongous votes, I'll limit it so that each person can only vote for five Pokemon. So guys, who should I bring (barring Decidueye cause he's in)?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
23 Pokemon.

My final team ended up having 23 Pokemon in it. Everyone here pulled their weight and I'm happy they all shone through. Even Pokemon I expected to babysit like Gumshoos, Hypno and WishiWashi proved me wrong big time (Gumshoos even broke the wall that was Lusamine's Clefable for me something every other member on my team at that moment couldn't). They're all in their high 40s. I am going to go into the Pokemon League tomorrow and attempt to beat it. In the mean time, I'll capture things for the Pokedex and train. Decidueye will lead the charge, but I'm not sure who else I should bring. So I'll let you guys vote.

Who do you think I should bring with me into the League? To prevent humongous votes, I'll limit it so that each person can only vote for five Pokemon. So guys, who should I bring (barring Decidueye cause he's in)?

Raichu
Mimikyu
Golisopod
Muk
Salandit
Decidueye

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
23 Pokemon.

My picks go to Kommo-o, Alola Muk, Wishiwashi, Mimikyu, and Snorlax.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

In all seriousness, Mimikyu's surprisingly good, it's fairly strong, very fast, especially for an Alolan mon and Disguise is great!
I'm telling the truth.

Super Fang made that part of the fight possible due to it spamming Cosmic Power and Moonlight.

It even got Moonlight when it used Metronome.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
23 Pokemon.

salazzle, kommo-o, golisopod, golem, sandslash

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The first of three!

After gaining the Light Beam and a Beam Ammo expansion, I went ahead and took on the first Dark Temple Guardian, Amorbis....and Dark Suit acquired!! Dark Aether is not going to be as big of a hassle as it was with just the Varia suit...Gonna be making my way to Tarvus...

So interesting reading the lore within the game though and learning about the different areas of the game....Agon was once green grasslands before getting burnt and Torvus was once a lush forest until it got flooded thanks to the meteor's impact...Shows the kind of thought that went into these areas as concepts...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
23 Pokemon.

In addition to Decidueye...

Toucannon, Mudsdale, Snorlax. Oranguru, and Wishiwashi.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, Detective Pikachu.

Gamexplain brought up an interesting idea.

They theorize that the game was scrapped for the 3ds, but is coming to the Switch hence it's disappearance. As it makes no sense for it to not coincide with the movie for people to understand it better.

Honestly, if you touched the graphics up, and made it lengthy, it be a good day 1 eshop title imo. So it could happen. Especially since its popular.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

In all seriousness, Mimikyu's surprisingly good, it's fairly strong, very fast, especially for an Alolan mon and Disguise is great!
YO, is that a JoJo reference?!:079:
Tough seriously, isn't the image a little too big?

Chrono.

Well I beat the Pokemon Prism main game.

...And I'm totally lost as to where I'm supposed to go next.

EDIT: And just as I post this I figure it out lol.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That actually sounds rather short.
I'd imagine that's why there's a Treehouse the following morning.

While there's no guarantee they'll handle it the efficient way, they could pump out the trailers in the Presentation and then save the majority of the non-trailer gameplay for Treehouse.

I doubt they'll be discussing the system's specs since I've practically watched the blood drain from their faces every time someone takes a picture of a Nintendo employee near anything being marketed based off of it's power, so that leaves them to cover any secondary features of the system, the pricing, and the very basics of each game, the last of which can be elaborated upon several hours later at Treehouse and fleshed out by media hands-on time at all the events occurring afterwards.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The first of three!

After gaining the Light Beam and a Beam Ammo expansion, I went ahead and took on the first Dark Temple Guardian, Amorbis....and Dark Suit acquired!! Dark Aether is not going to be as big of a hassle as it was with just the Varia suit...Gonna be making my way to Tarvus...

So interesting reading the lore within the game though and learning about the different areas of the game....Agon was once green grasslands before getting burnt and Torvus was once a lush forest until it got flooded thanks to the meteor's impact...Shows the kind of thought that went into these areas as concepts...
Yeah, another thing I loved about Retro is that put a lot of thought into the environments, and not just from a "wouldn't this be cool to travel through?" perspective, but also in how it links together into the history of the world. Areas like the Agon Waste and Torvis Bog show how much care they put into making the world feel alive, and it makes traveling through it and learning more about it even more of a treat.

23 Pokemon.

Salazzle
Alolan Raichu
Snorlax
Kommo-o
Mimikyu

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Danny Devito? Pokemon?
It's

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I just went on FL Studio for the first time and threw up a little when I saw all those wingdings.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
23 Pokemon.

Golisopod
Mismagius
Mudsdale
Wishiwashi
Muk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom