• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
LKD must be a burn out from NOA who's just adding in real **** with fake stuff just for attention.

Can't wait for when Mario and Zelda are Switch Launch Titles

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sakurai, what are you doing?!

Pyukumuku can't learn Mirror Coat!
CREATIVE LIBERTIES.
WE DID IT WITH NESS, WE DID IT WITH ROBIN, AND NOW PYUKUMUKU IS NEXT!
*Cough*
Pyukumuku's Final Smash only activates upon being hit, and it's basically Mii Brawler's, but with Pyukumuku's big STRINGY FIST.
Move over Sheik, the new top tier is in town.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's a thought.

There will not be any new characters for the supposed Smash port.

We've had explicit confirmation that Sakurai is working on a new project. He's not creating new stuff for Smash.

If Nintendo goes and changes his game, they'll loose Sakurai's approval. Nintendo may get someone else for SSB5, but SSB4 is still his game.

At most, expect all the DLC characters, all stages, and all modes. A unification of the Wii U and 3DS.

We're setting ourselves up for failure and disappointment if we expect anything more than that. I'd like to be wrong tho.

In any case...

Zelda won't be a Switch Launch Title!

Zelda will be in the Summer!

Zelda will be in the spring!

Zelda will be a launch title!

I'm so ****ing sick of this.
Jan 12th can't come soon enough.

D

Deleted member

The 12th is going to be...an interesting night. I would really love to see Mother 3 on the Switch, I really would, but it's definitely a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda thing.

Also, the Zelda situation is hilarious to me. A ton of people (myself included) were convinced it wasn't hitting launch, but now we're back at "Oh, it IS a launch title after all!" Oh well, we'll know in about a week and a half now anyway. :p

On a non-Nintendo related note, I've been playing through Shovel Knight recently. It's probably one of the best platformers I've ever played, with a nice soundtrack to boot. La Danse Macabre is my jam.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I play Overwatch more than Smash these days, and I don't really know that much of meta yet. Since I mostly use DPS characters, I know that characters like Reaper are good at dealing most of the tanks, Soldier 76 is like the best DPS so far after his buff.

I mostly use DPS characters like Reaper (this guy the most), Soldier 76, Tracer, and Sombra in quick play. I don't play competitive a lot though, since season 3 rank system is said to be a bit weird.
Then that means my brother is probably the worst Ana player?(JK) He mostly use Ana as support. There was a time that I ran straight to him for heal in a cave entrance in Route 66 but he missed all of his shots before I was killed! Even I was a Reaper not a tank, he is not a small target to hit right?
I only use Lucio as support, and still working wirh his wall glide, kind of hard to run on those walls…

Symmetra gosh my brother got PoTG like three times in a row before. I really dislike Symmeta after her buff.
Not only Bastion, Mei was consider as a "demon" in Overwatch even to this day.
The thing about Mei isn't that she's overpowered or anything, it's just she's annoying to deal with. Getting slowed, and then frozened sucks.

Try out comp, season 3 is only "wonky" because Blizzard is trying to fix up the bell curve, too many people in gold and plat, not enough in everything else.

I'd imagine your bro doesn't really have the best of aim or wasn't aiming for you in general. Reaper isn't tank sized, but he's also not Mechless D.Va sized either, it's not that hard to hit him, especially if he's running straight at you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does the link lead to a rickroll?

Edit: LOL, it does!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well people on tumblr will belive anything
Thats why I like to make fun of them
Fam, click on the link on there and it leads you to this
The thing about Mei isn't that she's overpowered or anything, it's just she's annoying to deal with. Getting slowed, and then frozened sucks.

Try out comp, season 3 is only "wonky" because Blizzard is trying to fix up the bell curve, too many people in gold and plat, not enough in everything else.

I'd imagine your bro doesn't really have the best of aim or wasn't aiming for you in general. Reaper isn't tank sized, but he's also not Mechless D.Va sized either, it's not that hard to hit him, especially if he's running straight at you.
Tell Blizzy to fix the quad tank viable meta

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Aw man, SPM is turning 10 as well!?
Geez, I doesn't feel like it was that long ago.

Are there any notable 20 year anniversaries other than FFVII?
I'm not that familiar with 1997 releases.
There's this loser philosopher musician scientist who is celebrating a 20th anniversary of the day he brought more trouble into the world.

Now who was he...? Something German?

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
How should I treat this as like a thing? I can't measure how far the bullet is from him because there's no panel showing how far he is from the shooter. Do I just assume he hit the bullet as soon as it came in range of his fingers? Do I assume the bullet moved about the length of his arm (since he would've had to have it it before it hit him, obviously) to low-ball it or what?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
There was a problem fetching the tweet
"I'M A SCRUB"
"I'M NOT SO SCRUB"
"AND WE'RE THE CRAP SCRUBS"
But that's a picture of the second battle with Hau.
He doesn't have a Pichu in his first battle.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I finally managed to convince someone IRL to pick up Uprising.

Hopefully they manage to be alright at the controls. . .and don't get dizzy playing.

. . .And they started scrolling through the video previews without watching them and got kinda spooped at Hades. That should end pretty quick should they make it far enough for him to actually start talking, though. Probably.

Then again, it'll probably be a while before they actually start playing the game at all, but the fact that they bought it alone is pretty great in my book.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Its because Arin is stupid dude
Him playing stupid during Wind Waker has made him legit stupid
They spent an entire episode stuck on something and Arin kept yelling "THIS GAME SUCKS HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE I DON'T READ MANUALS THE GANE HAS TO TEACH ME WITHOUT TUTORIALS RANT RANT RANT" until at the end of the episode Arin noticed the game kept saying 'Push ZR' at tapped it. Arin Hanson doesn't deserve his fame

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
At this point someone makes a comment about the show being better with Jontron or that Jontron got out while he could but on a tangent, I wish Jontron would go back to games. It seems a lot of game focused YTers are now doing bad film/TV show reviews. Wonder if LPs are too much competition.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
"I'M A SCRUB"
"I'M NOT SO SCRUB"
"AND WE'RE THE CRAP SCRUBS"
That's the second battle lol
If all episodes are at the 11 minute mark, I'd say they're going at a normal pace

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They spent an entire episode stuck on something and Arin kept yelling "THIS GAME SUCKS HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE I DON'T READ MANUALS THE GANE HAS TO TEACH ME WITHOUT TUTORIALS RANT RANT RANT" until at the end of the episode Arin noticed the game kept saying 'Push ZR' at tapped it. Arin Hanson doesn't deserve his fame
My interest for them did when they played Wind Waker. I couldn't take it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
At this point someone makes a comment about the show being better with Jontron or that Jontron got out while he could but on a tangent, I wish Jontron would go back to games. It seems a lot of game focused YTers are now doing bad film/TV show reviews. Wonder if LPs are too much competition.
To be fair, Jontron did movies too. From what I can tell, it's inability to make good LPs and competition, as Nostalgia Critic tried a Let's Play. Meanwhile SomecallmeJohnny still has a separate gaming channel and BSC which are still pretty damn good

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
yeah, I'm not really a fan of Arin either. I stopped watching Game Grumps when JonTron left. Not only is Jon much funnier, but Jon is also more objective imo with reviewing games and is more fair about his critiques. I also like Jon's style of humor more.

Example:
Arin: "OMG SONIC ADVENTURE 2 SUCKS!!! IT'S EXACTLY LIKE SONIC 06" (notice there's no viable explanation)
Jon: "Well, sure SA2 has flaws and hasn't aged well, but it's not a terrible game. It plays better than 06, at least."
Arin: "no, it's sucks!"

Just seeing that in their Sonic 06 gameplay, I started to lose my fandom of Arin.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I wouldn't really say Jon's movie reviews are bad. He's done like, less than ten and they were all really good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
yeah, I'm not really a fan of Arin either. I stopped watching Game Grumps when JonTron left. Not only is Jon much funnier, but Jon is also more objective imo with reviewing games and is more fair about his critiques. I also like Jon's style of humor more.

Example:
Arin: "OMG SONIC ADVENTURE 2 SUCKS!!! IT'S EXACTLY LIKE SONIC 06" (notice there's no viable explanation)
Jon: "Well, sure SA2 has flaws, but it's not a terrible game. It plays better than 06, at least."
Arin: "no, it's sucks!"

Just seeing that in their Sonic 06 gameplay, I started to lose my fandom of Arin.
I don't really know that Jon was that great in Gamegrumps imo

He seemed kind of awkward and nervous around Arin a lot of the time

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don't really know that Jon was that great in Gamegrumps imo

He seemed kind of awkward and nervous around Arin a lot of the time
I personally liked him much more than Arin. Probably because Jon's humor is more in line with my own sense of humor than Arin's kind of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom