• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also, Rayman and the Rabbids haven't been involved with each other for years. The Rabbids are entirely in their own universe now (which is essentially them in the 'real world'), as is Rayman.
This I had no clue about, to be honest I've toned out the Rabbids since their creation and have never played any game starring them, save their weird as hell appearance in the Ninja Turtles fighting game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Peach just sits around making ba-I mean cake all day, Daisy is a reskin of the bimbo but slightly more intelligent and Waluigi is Waluigi :troll:
Hey!

Peach might have aspirations to denounce her royalty and open her own bakery, who are we to judge a woman's wishes. Actually, that'd be a cool little backstory for her now that I think about it.

Daisy is well, Daisy. She's not very developed due to lack of appearances, but hey, she has her merits.

And Waluigi is the most heavenly angel to grace gaming.

I am offended, triggered and will promptly make a tumblr post asking for your doxing now. Okay, see you tomorrow when you're fired from you're job, branded a racist for lyfe, and can no longer grace the internet without shame.

:troll:

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
save their weird as hell appearance in the Ninja Turtles fighting game.
Wat.

I just had to google that to see what the heck you were talking about. I can't tell if that's amazing or stupid. Or amazingly stupid.

But yeah, the Rabbids pretty much ditched Rayman starting with Rabbids Go Home. Which I personally feel was best for both of the series. In fact, I think the TV show with them is STILL going. Plus they've had a bunch of... less than savvy kinect/move game and portable games.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wat.

I just had to google that to see what the heck you were talking about. I can't tell if that's amazing or stupid. Or amazingly stupid.
''Say, we've completed the roster nearly. Who else should we add? There's a lot of Ninja Turtles lore to cull characters from. Maybe we should use Usagi Yojimbo, he'd be a neat nod and people would go nuts."

''You know what would really drive people nuts? The Rabbids."

''Oh my god, Jim. You're a god damn genius."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't have much of a problem with Peach, alsp helps she's really fun to play in any game she's in.
Daisy is just terrible though, an annoying filler character that has more informed character traits than "otaku trapped in magical land" anime exist.
Waluigi is another filler character whose popularity and liking him are a meme and don't even try to deny it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why must you all hate so much? :(

What's wrong with ''filler" characters as long as they have personality?

And don't say Waluigi and Daisy don't have personalities. They're not exactly filled out ones as much as the main cast, but they are there and they are both fun equals to their ''counter parts."

As for Waluigi who is more my personal favorite, his meme status actually has nothing to do with it. I love that this guy who probably cheats tremendously to win things, claims everyone cheats the moment he loses. It's comedy rich.

He's also shown to be quite romantic despite you know...having the appearance of someone who wouldn't be looked at twice, yet he still won't give up on his softer side because he's not a god damn quitter. God bless him. He tries. And if that isn't relatable what is?

There's little details about him in his sports appearance spin-offs that can easily make him quite lovable without having to get into his meme status for sure.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I mean, realistically, it'd be a terrible thing for GameFreak to confirm they're working on it so soon after Sun and Moon released. It'd feel like a giant cash grab/middle finger to the audience if they confirmed an enhanced port so soon after so many already bought Sun and Moon.

I really do hope Stars is a B2W2-like sequel though. There's so much you can do with what Sun and Moon set up.
I wouldn't say that it's unheard of for the series to do something like a Director's Cut so soon, though that was mostly a Gen 1/2 thing. I'm just interested in what they could add or remove given it'll be on a new platform. Necrozma, Day/Night gimmick, frame rates, and connecting to previous games (Gens 1/5/6) are just somethings off the top of my head a singular bare-minimum port would need to think about (given how little we currently know about the Switch).

As a side note, Mario 3D at launch, BotW mid-year, Stars for holiday, with Kart/Splatoon/etc. thrown in would be a solid line of support for the Switch.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

And don't say Waluigi and Daisy don't have personalities. They're not exactly filled out ones as much as the main cast, but they are there and they are both fun equals to their ''counter parts."

As for Waluigi who is more my personal favorite, his meme status actually has nothing to do with it. I love that this guy who probably cheats tremendously to win things, claims everyone cheats the moment he loses. It's comedy rich.

He's also shown to be quite romantic despite you know...having the appearance of someone who wouldn't be looked at twice, yet he still won't give up on his softer side because he's not a god damn quitter. God bless him. He tries. And if that isn't relatable what is?

There's little details about him in his sports appearance spin-offs that can easily make him quite lovable without having to get into his meme status for sure.
It doesnt help daisys case that she is a loudmouth that screams everything she says. Waluigi, Ill be honest. I dont see anything for me to like him. To me hes just evil Luigi

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Hey. I was joking about Waluigi, he's got the most personality of every character in Mario who isn't called Luigi. Daisy however has nothing to justify her existence and again, Peach is just a bimbo outside the RPGs. Daisy is a knockoff of a bimbo with even LESS personality

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It doesnt help daisys case that she is a loudmouth that screams everything she says. Waluigi, Ill be honest. I dont see anything for me to like him. To me hes just evil Luigi
Evil Luigi would imply that he cowers in terror, is clumsy, and is overlooked, but optimistc.

None of these come to mind when describing what little we do know about Waluigi. His personality and traits are as different from Luigi's as Wario's is from Mario's.

And Wario essentially started life as ''Evil Mario."

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Hey. I was joking about Waluigi, he's got the most personality of every character in Mario who isn't called Luigi. Daisy however has nothing to justify her existence and again, Peach is just a bimbo outside the RPGs. Daisy is a knockoff of a bimbo with even LESS personality
ok, nothing Peach does classed her as a "bimbo" lol Sure she gets kidnapped a lot, why she doesnt kick bowser with her heels I have no idea but that besides the point but Really, "bimbo"?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I want to see if this Pokemon Stars thing pans out. I still haven't gotten Sun/Moon because I don't own a New 3DS and I feel like I've missed the boat to get that at this point. If Stars doesn't happen or turns out to be a B2/W2 like sequel, I might just skip this generation altogether.
Bruh most people havent beaten the game yet

your at the docks right now the only way to miss the boat is to not get on

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bimbo is such an ugly word in general. Just something to shame women from having the same amount of sexual control over themselves as men.

Especially from someone who has Bayonetta in the background of their posts. A character who was designed to be something that shows women aren't bimbos if they dress and act sexually because they want to.

Very weird and bizarre. Especially when Peach isn't a sexualized individual in any way.

Peach's traits in the mainline games are more so soft, sweet, and regal. Much like the typical Princess archetype of a character. Nothing ''bimbo" there.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Bruh most people havent beaten the game yet

your at the docks right now the only way to miss the boat is to not get on
Dunno, seems like a fair number of people have.

I'm not really as huge a Pokemon fan as I used to be so I wasn't in any rush to get these ones anyway.

D

Deleted member

Daisy is one of the most annoying and unnecessary characters I've ever seen, if a character manages to surpass the Eight Deadly Words to "I do care about what happens to them and that is to make sure they don't live happily", then there's something wrong.
And besides Daisy, I can only think of Seth MacFarlane's trio of Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonists as characters I hate as much.
Waluigi is just a unsympathetic character that I don't care about because there's nothing to him other than "Luigi and **** Dastardly accidentally step on a transporter at the same time"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bimbo is such an ugly word in general. Just something to shame women from having the same amount of sexual control over themselves as men.

Especially from someone who has Bayonetta in the background of their posts. A character who was designed to be something that shows women aren't bimbos if they dress and act sexually because they want to.

Very weird and bizarre. Especially when Peach isn't a sexualized individual in any way.

Peach's traits in the mainline games are more so soft, sweet, and regal. Much like the typical Princess archetype of a character. Nothing ''bimbo" there.
ok, nothing Peach does classed her as a "bimbo" lol Sure she gets kidnapped a lot, why she doesnt kick bowser with her heels I have no idea but that besides the point but Really, "bimbo"?
I consider Peach a bimbo because she's a dumb blonde who doesn't seem to have a grip on reality. 2 people, including her friend fighting on a ship in which they were captured? "Everyone, LET'S HAVE SOME MOTHER****ING TEEEAAAA!" Constantly kidnapped? "Security upgrades? Nah", etc.

D

Deleted member

Constantly kidnapped? "Security upgrades? Nah", etc.
That's like complaining that Bowser always leaves an axe or switch to destroy the bridge he's on
Mario has an Excuse Plot that not even the game treats seriously anymore, it's like that because it's how it's always been

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't exactly call her a dumb blonde either.

The fact she makes tea doesn't certainly make her dumb. It makes her sort of bad ass. ''We so got this that I'm just going to have a cup of tea. No really. I've been through this so many times and we always win. One cube of sugar or two?"

And to be honest, the kidnapping thing is more the fault of Mario's producers and not the character itself. I mean obviously there's other things Peach is capable of doing in the storylines, but Nintendo has always kept to ''If it isn't broken I'm not gonna fix it."

Mario is far from the only series they own where the same plot happens over and over again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's like complaining that Bowser always leaves an axe or switch to destroy the bridge he's on
Mario has an Excuse Plot that not even the game treats seriously anymore, it's like that because it's how it's always been
Hey now, Boswer's always been a muscular idiot, it makes sense to me that he leaves that there because he's a moron. Hell, every version of Boswer we've seen has him being a doofus

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I consider Peach a bimbo because she's a dumb blonde who doesn't seem to have a grip on reality. 2 people, including her friend fighting on a ship in which they were captured? "Everyone, LET'S HAVE SOME MOTHER****ING TEEEAAAA!" Constantly kidnapped? "Security upgrades? Nah", etc.
Sorry but there is nothing that is bimbo here. The tea scene? I find it hilarious, plus, Fox and Sheik would have fight because of a poor communication kill (RIP Arwing number 702). And for the constant kidnapping, while yes, it's annoying. Mario plot aren't made to have deep complex character, they are excuse plot so that the player can play good games. Plus, she had games where she wasn't kidnapped not including RPG title (Super Mario 3D World anyone?). So yeah, she is the perfect cliched of "the good princess that get kidnapped", but she isn't a bimbo by any mean.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Though I wouldn't say Mario has zero developed characters. The reason Rosalina shot to her instant fame is cause Galaxy was essentially '''Wow, this background character has a tremendously detailed background story." after all.

Wario and Yoshi are also pretty developed as well if you consider all their spin-offs that have produced lore, supporting casts and backstories for them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sorry but there is nothing that is bimbo here. The tea scene? I find it hilarious, plus, Fox and Sheik would have fight because of a poor communication kill (RIP Arwing number 702). And for the constant kidnapping, while yes, it's annoying. Mario plot aren't made to have deep complex character, they are excuse plot so that the player can play good games. Plus, she had games where she wasn't kidnapped not including RPG title (Super Mario 3D World anyone?). So yeah, she is the perfect cliched of "the good princess that get kidnapped", but she isn't a bimbo by any mean.
She's a monarch who has ****ing magical abilities. I refuse to take "It's not supposed to be about the plot, the writers are lazy" as a response because that's a different issue all together. She was playable in 3D World, make those fairies the new 'obligatory kidnapped thing' and have Peach playable more often then

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
She's a monarch who has ****ing magical abilities. I refuse to take "It's not supposed to be about the plot, the writers are lazy" as a response because that's a different issue all together. She was playable in 3D World, make those fairies the new 'obligatory kidnapped thing' and have Peach playable more often then
Her magical capabilities don't seem to be all that strong. She's far less powerful as a magician than say Zelda, and look at what a majority of Zelda's roles in her series have been. She too suffers from the damsel trope because Nintendo has kept her there.

Yet incarnations of her have been potent magicians, pirates, goddesses and ninjas. And even in those forms she suffers from the typical ''Whoops, Ganondorf/Ganon/Demise has me and I'm in trouble" for the sole purpose of giving the player character a goal to achieve as an endgame.

Zelda as a character isn't knocked for this, nor is Peach. It's the fault of the producers at Nintendo for refusing to just give the ladies something else to do, when they've shown elsewhere they are capable of holding their own as individuals.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Still wouldnt count her as a bimbo or a dumb blond. I mean, if it aint broke

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
But is the magic ability ever refered or used in the main Mario game? I do not count the RPG series because they are a entire different series to me (or else, I ask that we use the Mario Striker as to what the character can do). Peach never really display any kind of magic power outside of Super Princess Peach (and even then, it's thanks to a magic parasol). So, except if she use a power-up, she is pretty much helpless against Bowser if she is alone. Super Mario 3D world is so far the only platform Mario game where Peach can do something alone, so she might have do some training between kidnappeding session to defend herself against Bowser. (Tough, Rosalina can be defeated by a Goomba despite being a godness, so.....do we count this game?)

And don't get me wrong, I love to see Peach kicking ass with her butt like in Smash Bros. But I don't think Nintendo will approve the idea sadly.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
3d world was the last ACtual mario game HELL the fact shes playable in mario run means that they now have the assets for her to be playable in a 2d mario game again along side toadette and possbly yoshi all they need to do is add rosalina and we have all the mario characters who matter

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That's airhead, not bimbo.

If we're gonna be nasty about kid's game characters we can at least use the proper terms.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Still wouldnt count her as a bimbo or a dumb blond. I mean, if it aint broke
It's been 30 years. I think it needs to be slightly fixed
Her magical capabilities don't seem to be all that strong. She's far less powerful as a magician than say Zelda, and look at what a majority of Zelda's roles in her series have been. She too suffers from the damsel trope because Nintendo has kept her there.

Yet incarnations of her have been potent magicians, pirates, goddesses and ninjas. And even in those forms she suffers from the typical ''Whoops, Ganondorf/Ganon/Demise has me and I'm in trouble" for the sole purpose of giving the player character a goal to achieve as an endgame.

Zelda as a character isn't knocked for this, nor is Peach. It's the fault of the producers at Nintendo for refusing to just give the ladies something else to do, when they've shown elsewhere they are capable of holding their own as individuals.
You're right that it's them being lazy, but that doesn't excuse i
But is the magic ability ever refered or used in the main Mario game? I do not count the RPG series because they are a entire different series to me (or else, I ask that we use the Mario Striker as to what the character can do). Peach never really display any kind of magic power outside of Super Princess Peach (and even then, it's thanks to a magic parasol). So, except if she use a power-up, she is pretty much helpless against Bowser is she is alone. Super Mario 3D world is so far the only platform Mario game where Peach can do something alone, so she might have do some training between being kidnapped to defend herself against Bowser. (Tough, Rosalina can be defeated by a Goomba despite being a godness, so.....do we count this game?)

And don't get me wrong, I love to see Peach kicking *** with her butt like in Smash Bros. But I don't think Nintendo will approve the idea sadly.
She can float, Lost Levels was main series iirc and a majority of her RPG appearances have her do something iirc. All they need to do is have Peach instead of 2 Toads to save something else, maybe Bowser dethroned her and Peach wants to get her throne back. That works!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Security upgrades are meaningless. Bowser and his minions will always find ways around it such as cake.

Hey now, Boswer's always been a muscular idiot, it makes sense to me that he leaves that there because he's a moron. Hell, every version of Boswer we've seen has him being a doofus
The same Bowser that's built galaxy generators? The one that built a castle capable of flying right under Peach's?

He suffers from inconsistent writing though that can be attributed to different people handling the different games and the nature of said games varying. Peach suffers this too.

Then we'd be doing the same song and dance with the Sprixies.
"Oh they're just bimbos despite this this and this"
"Oh why don't they use their magic to defend themselves?"
"Oh why don't they get more security?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom