• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Remember when they added tights to adult OoT Link to make him dorkier; because his redesign was too "hot" and they felt it detracted from their image of the character?

How times have changed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looking at the Mario series 2, Diddy Kong getting an amiibo in that line confuses me greatly.

There's currently no game that uses the Diddy amiibo for save data other than Smash.

The other two main games for amiibo save data with the Mario line (that I know of) are Mario Party 10 (amiibo Party Mode) and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Mario (and Dr. Mario, but he counts as Mario outside Sm4sh), Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, Wario, and DK work for them both and Sm4sh (obviously).
Toad works for work with both, but not Smash.
Bowser Jr. works for Ultra Smash and Sm4sh.

So what of the new ones?
Waluigi and Daisy will work for Ultra Smash and (most likely) Mario Party 10.
Boo will work for Ultra Smash.

So why Diddy for series 2?

Why not Bowser Jr. like DK, Wario, and Rosalina?
Why not Toadette, who would theoretically work for both like Waluigi and Daisy?
Why not Spike, who would theoretically work for Mario Party 10's amiibo Party Mode?
Why not Dry Bowser or Sprixie Princess, who would work for Ultra Smash like Boo?
Dry Bowser is the one I've wanted...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Looking at the Mario series 2, Diddy Kong getting an amiibo in that line confuses me greatly.

There's currently no game that uses the Diddy amiibo for save data other than Smash.

The other two main games for amiibo save data with the Mario line (that I know of) are Mario Party 10 (amiibo Party Mode) and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Mario (and Dr. Mario, but he counts as Mario outside Sm4sh), Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, Wario, and DK work for them both and Sm4sh (obviously).

So what of the new ones?

Why not Spike, who would theoretically work for Mario Party 10's amiibo Party Mode?
Why not Dry Bowser or Sprixie Princess, who would work for Ultra Smash like Boo?
DKCR3!
DKCR3!

Chrono.

So what of the new ones?

He's probably gonna be in that new Mario Party game for the 3DS.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I like how in Fire Emblem Fates that one Orange haired Ninja boss in Chapter 5 says that "It isn't Over" implying that we will meet him again, and HECK maybe as a playable unit with it's own child unit, but we never EVER see him again right after that Quote.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I think this is the first E3 where all three main companies have managed to impress me and make me feel great, thus making it the best one so far in my book.

All three of them have held their conference and Treehouse with a strong line-up and showed off their big-ass guns. Not to mention that each one of them has got some supposedly fantastic hardware which they have yet to fully unveil.

Ubisoft, EA, the PCGS, Kadokawa and the rest are all small fry in my book. I wouldn't have minded them being potential icing on the cake for this already wonderful E3, but their overall performance was lacking.

I am looking forward to that new 3DS RPG IP!

As for Zelda, the hype is real. Plus, the sole fact that the Sheikah play a role in the story is enough to convince me that the game possesses a vast historical and mythical background that will answer a lot of the fans' questions and theories that were crafted throughout the years regarding the series' lore; and at the same time, said background will shake things up widely and establish new facts in Breath of the Wild that we can use for further speculations.

Guys. You think these 6 hours of footage were insightfully instructive?

But we've seen NOTHING yet. Many more surprises, as well as the return of the epicness and such that have been a longstay staple of The Legend of Zelda, are bound to come our way and make us live the most enjoyable Zelda experience to date. Because if that wasn't the case, then this sweet little revolution we now call Breath of the Wild simply wouldn't be worthy of the name The Legend of Zelda.

This is what we have been craving for the five past years.

The time is now. My body is ready.

D

Deleted member

I like how in Fire Emblem Fates that one Orange haired Ninja boss in Chapter 5 says that "It isn't Over" implying that we will meet him again, and HECK maybe as a playable unit with it's own child unit but we never EVER see him again right after that Quote.
Chapter 5 is the one with the invisible soldiers
I believe you're talking about Chapter 3's boss, in which case, he dies(he's talking about Hoshido taking revenge for such unprovoked attack, which is what Hans had just done)
He can be captured in Museum Melee though

Ivander

Smash Legend
I believe you're talking about Chapter 3's boss, in which case, he dies(he's talking about Hoshido taking revenge for such unprovoked attack, which is what Hans had just done)
I know he's in Museum Melee, but I don't think he can be captured compared to the other bosses.

D

Deleted member

Probably a dumb question, but have we seen Shovel Knight's campaigns for King Knight and Specter Knight at E3?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Wait really? I don't really see that in the Wiki's (Though there was on that says "Death quote", but some bosses don't exactly die after they are defeated), and his final quote didn't really sound like he was dying.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made the healthiest meal ever

Long grain and wild rice friend in egg with soy sauce and thai peanut sauce

And salmon with a Japanese Curry glaze, which was good but didn't really taste like Japanese Curry

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think this is the first E3 where all three main companies have managed to impress me and make me feel great, thus making it the best one so far in my book.

All three of them have held their conference and Treehouse with a strong line-up and showed off their big-*** guns. Not to mention that each one of them has got some supposedly fantastic hardware which they have yet to fully unveil.

Ubisoft, EA, the PCGS, Kadokawa and the rest are all small fry in my book. I wouldn't have minded them being potential icing on the cake for this already wonderful E3, but their overall performance was lacking.

I am looking forward to that new 3DS RPG IP!

As for Zelda, the hype is real. Plus, the sole fact that the Sheikah play a role in the story is enough to convince me that the game possesses a vast historical and mythical background that will answer a lot of the fans' questions and theories that were crafted throughout the years regarding the series' lore; and at the same time, said background will shake things up widely and establish new facts in Breath of the Wild that we can use for further speculations.

Guys. You think these 6 hours of footage were insightfully instructive?

But we've seen NOTHING yet. Many more surprises, as well as the return of the epicness and such that have been a longstay staple of The Legend of Zelda, are bound to come our way and make us live the most enjoyable Zelda experience to date. Because if that wasn't the case, then this sweet little revolution we now call Breath of the Wild simply wouldn't be worthy of the name The Legend of Zelda.

This is what we have been craving for the five past years.

The time is now. My body is ready.
What we got from Breath of the Wild so far is definitely satisfactory at this time, can't wait for this game...just the fact that the area they explored is only a small percentage of the entire map is just mindblowing since this area would be close to almost half the size of what we've seen in other Zelda games...

Definitely looking forward to whatever else we get from a historical standpoint regarding this game...so many things I'm already curious about such as all the dormant guardians around what appears to be the Temple of Time or the other temple that Link was sleeping in, or the various shrines scattered throughout the world...

It appears there'll be various boss fights throughout the overworld which will be cool as well, since it adds a greater sense of danger as you may encounter some random monstrosity around any corner...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just have to say that my wallet is going to hate me when Breath of the Wild (still wanting to type Zelda U) gets released (eventually)...

Those three amiibo that's coming with it look amazing!

Chrono.

I just have to say that my wallet is going to hate me when Breath of the Wild (still wanting to type Zelda U) gets released (eventually)...

Those three amiibo that's coming with it look amazing!
That reminds me, did they ever say what those amiibo do?

I only know of Wolf Link's function.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That reminds me, did they ever say what those amiibo do?

I only know of Wolf Link's function.
No they didn't.

I have no idea what they could do

Summon a guardian to kill everything in your path?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So it turns out Black Manta is a stage transition and not a character in Injustice.

Man that really killed my hype for the game.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So it turns out Black Manta is a stage transition and not a character in Injustice.

Man that really killed my hype for the game.
Welp. Some villain had to take the role following Gorilla Grodd's ascension. If only we could have a villain promoted to playable from stage element in another fighting game... *Cough-Ridley-Cough*

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
While it sucks that Black Manta is a stage transition...

Remember that Martian Manhunter was a background character in Injustice 1, but he became DLC later on.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
While it sucks that Black Manta is a stage transition...

Remember that Martian Manhunter was also a stage transition in Injustice 1, but he became DLC later on.
Martian Manhunter was actually a background element in the Watchtower, not a stage transition element. Those included characters like Penguin, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Scarecrow... Mt. Lady, Kamui, All Might... Three of these are not like the others... (I should watch more My Hero Academia)

But still - slight disappointment Black Manta's not playable, but hopefully we'll get characters like Deadshot and Blue Beetle. So far my most wanted would be Blue Beetle, Deadshot and Rorschach (Could be plausible following DC Rebirth)

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Martian Manhunter was actually a background element in the Watchtower, not a stage transition element. Those included characters like Penguin, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Scarecrow... Mt. Lady, Kamui, All Might... Three of these are not like the others... (I should watch more My Hero Academia)
Yeah, got it mixed up for a second.

But still, if people make a big enough demand like with MM then they could probably accommodate for it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Personally I won't be happy till Lois Lane is playable in Injustice resurrected as a zombie reporter who would rather use her news anchor equipment to strangle Clark to death for letting her die in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just saw the video that confirmed Towns in Zelda

I wonder if the demo version is accurate to the region or if there is more stuff to this plateau section they took out.

D

Deleted member

Damn it, it hasn't even been 24 hours, and already my boyfriend is spamming me with BoW link pics because he thinks he's hot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What's Static then?

Geno?
Mii Fighter.
You can get him in Injustice Mobile but it's just not the same as the real deal just like making a Mii of a character isn't the same as actually having them.
Darkseid also fits in there alongside Arkham Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom