• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well I ain't going there until I finish the story.
Okay, maybe I'll have a sneak peak and try it but making sure I don't beat it.
We need to see it today in order to see if it's big budget. When are they showing it again?
It's not on thier schedule right now but they could add it. The RPG tho is after Poke GO.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Has this been posted yet?

You can go to and defeat the Final Boss of Breath of the Wild and save Hyrule, as soon as Link wakes up and gets out of the Shrine of Resurrection (which doesn't even take two minutes if you skip the cutscenes).

You will be severely under-prepared for it, apparently, if you do so. And you will be left clueless to the story and lore of the game if you do so (why Link was asleep, why Hyrule is in ruin, etc). But they are making it possible to beat the final boss as soon as you start the game, essentially. You can just collect a few basic weapons and that's all you need to beat him.

This is an awesome idea, but I hope the Final Boss is REALLY challenging if you have no real upgrades or special equipment. Hell, I hope it's really challenging even if you do have that stuff.

Basically, you know those speed runs of OoT people do using glitches and exploits, that get you to the Final Boss in ten minutes? They are legitimately allowing you to do that now.
The only worry I have about this is if he's too easy if the player does indeed decide to experience the full story/game first...but accessible does not mean easy to beat anyway the final battle could be a suicide mission for naked Link if he decides to do that right away...

I actually kinda wish Aonuma didn't say this and only left it up to the players to find out for themselves because there's going to be a lot of people who may not bother with the rest of the game/story and just go to end game (where ever it may be) after playing for a few hours or so...but I guess that's there loss...

This will definitely make speedruns of this game interesting though...

Am I the only person who likes all five 3D Zelda games?
I liked all of them...not all equally but I did...

I'd probably rank them like this...
1. Twilight Princess
2. Wind Waker
3. Majora's Mask
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Skyward Sword
But that's not me saying that Skyward Sword was bad, it just didn't stand up to the others...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Andre from GameXplain said that he only played two Nintendo games at E3 so far. One is obviously Zelda, but the other is a game he can't talk about just yet.

So it's either Mario Party or this RPG.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Am I the only person who likes all five 3D Zelda games?
I'm assuming the 5 are
1.Majora's Mask
2.Wind Waker
3.Twilight Princess
4.Skyward Sword
5.Ocarina of Time.
then no. I liked em all. aside from Majora's mask this is in random order,but I like em all.

oh how rude of me.

Good morning guys! :bee:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Serious talk, it's kinda sad to say for myself the only not-released-game to give me a minimum of hype this year is a game which has been financed on Kickstarter...

Maybe I should reconsider myself, and become less demanding ?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Serious talk, it's kinda sad to say for myself the only not-released-game to give me a minimum of hype this year is a game which has been financed on Kickstarter...

It depends,demands are good in general to show you have standards,but in times you should'nt get into front of potential enjoyment because you probally turn into a Cranky kong.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Why do people always "change" and "reconsider" themselves when there's a down?
Sometimes there's a disappointment but they're not forbidden.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Golden told me that Scizor, Empoleon and Darkrai were leaked in Pokken's new patch.

Is that true?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I am suddenly reminded why the Zelda fanbase is hot garbage.

Does it really ****ing matter that Link is "right handed" (He has always held the hookshot in his right hand meaning that he was probably ambidextrous to begin with)?

So many people have been asking for a change in the formula for YEARS and when it finally happens it's too different or w/e? :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Does it really ****ing matter that Link is "right handed" (He has always held the hookshot in his right hand meaning that he was probably ambidextrous to begin with)?

So many people have been asking for a change in the formula for YEARS and when it finally happens it's too different or w/e? :laugh:
I mean it's not a huge deal, but being left handed is one of the few defining, constant character traits Link has always had, and it's only ever changed where it was necessary for gameplay.

Aonuma tried to explain it by saying that it was to benefit the gameplay, but it was a dumb explanation, to the point where I think less people would have noticed or paid attention to what hand Link uses, if he didn't make that excuse. Link being left handed has never caused anyone to suffer from some kind of disorientation just because the attack buttons are on the right side of the controller. I have not seen a single person IRL or on the internet say that. If there are people who feel that way, they are the EXTREME minority.

It's kinda like if for the next Mario game, they make it so that he never wears his trademark hat, at all. And then when the developers are questioned about it, they say "oh, we removed it because it was blocking a small section of the camera view in other games, so we removed his hat from his design so people could see as much of the environment as possible".

I think people are perfectly justified in criticising this. It's not a huge deal, but it's one of those situations where you just have to ask "...what?".

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm back on the Hyrule Warriors binge.

Also, @Frostwraith I see so many inspiration of Smash into Ganondorf so much.

Also Linkle is still great

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean it's not a huge deal, but being left handed is one of the few defining, constant character traits Link has always had, and it's only ever changed where it was necessary for gameplay.

Aonuma tried to explain it by saying that it was to benefit the gameplay, but it was a dumb explanation, to the point where I think less people would have noticed or paid attention to what hand Link uses, if he didn't make that excuse. Link being left handed has never caused anyone to suffer from some kind of disorientation just because the attack buttons are on the right side of the controller. I have not seen a single person IRL or on the internet say that. If there are people who feel that way, they are the EXTREME minority.

It's kinda like if for the next Mario game, they make it so that he never wears his trademark hat, at all. And then when the developers are questioned about it, they say "oh, we removed it because it was blocking a small section of the camera view in other games, so we removed his hat from his design so people could see as much of the environment as possible".

I think people are perfectly justified in criticising this. It's not a huge deal, but it's one of those situations where you just have to ask "...what?".
I KINDA get the explanation, as a right handed person would be more accustomed to the right side of the controller. Either way, I'm indifferent

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I feel like there's the potential for this kind of reaction from EVERY fanbase, not just Zelda.

It's why I'm not one of the people complaining Pokemon is getting "stale." Yeah, like people wouldn't act like the sky had fallen if they changed anything. Suuuuuure.

That said, even as someone who isn't a Zelda fan the reasons they've been giving for various alterations and exclusions have seemed kind of bizarre, so while it's not big enough of an issue for me to explode like many of the fans likely are I do feel that perhaps some choices were made without proper judgement. Especially since they already mirrored Twilight Princess in order to make Link right handed for the sake of motion controls and people already reacted pretty badly to that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New fighters for Pokken?
I don't have the game yet, and that likely won't change unless Greninja is coming... And Scizor, Empoleon and Darkrai are the only one in the game's code, so as of now I'm still not buying it

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I KINDA get the explanation, as a right handed person would be more accustomed to the right side of the controller. Either way, I'm indifferent
...I don't see how that has anything to do with it.

Speaking as a right handed person, the buttons where the attacks are has never been an issue for me. I'm used to most games having them on the right side of the controller, but I've played games where they are not and it's been fine.

Even more so though, the hand my character holds their weapon in has also never been at all an issue. I've played games with right handed, left handed, ambidexterous, or dual wielding (both with one giant weapon or two weapons) characters. I have played games where the method of attack is not assigned to a limb, like psychic powers or floating partners or gadgets. Not once, have I ever thought "hmm, I really wish my character wielded their weapon in their right hand exclusively, because having the buttons on the right side of the controller and the character's weapon in their left hand is disorienting". All I need to know is what button is to attack. In the case of Zelda, the B button is usually used to swing your sword. Got it. That's all I need to know. It isn't hard to grasp.

The ONLY game where the placement of buttons relative to character limbs matters is something like Tekken, where the entire combat system is built on the fact each limb is assigned to a certain button. X is left leg. O is right leg. Attacks that use both usually end up using both legs in the hitbox. So on and so forth. For something like Zelda, where sword combat is fairly basic, though? Yeah, it wouldn't matter if Link was using his right hand, left hand, or held his sword in his mouth and swung it around, or even up his butt. There is a button assigned to swinging my sword, it does not matter where it is positioned on the controller relative to the weapon's position on my character.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Golden told me that Scizor, Empoleon and Darkrai were leaked in Pokken's new patch.

Is that true?
Wait what
this is the first I've heard of this.
after looking it up,this showed up
https://www.reddit.com/r/PokkenGame/comments/4o5mnh/some_info_about_file_differences_in_the_new_13/
Nintendo's making me wanna play Pokken again.
Scizor hype!?:212:

Haven't touched Pokken in a while but if they bring my current most wanted I'm all over it!!

Chrono.

The art director and character designer of the Persona series just drew Opa-Opa and it's adorable.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I heard that complaint, twice.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
This is impressive.

Edit: I'm late to post this, should have gone back a page when I woke up. My bad.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I wonder if Pokken's DLC will be free.

Harada advocates for free character DLC in fighters, but maybe TPC/Nintendo won't see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom