• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Looks like I wasn't the only one to sleep through Premium wave.

But I've gotten used to it. I slept through Switch reveal announcement and Sun & Moon datamine, as well.
There's no better feeling than knowing you're about to sleep through the biggest hype bombs in history.

Some people say don't do ducks and I agree and I'd like to add "Don't do European timezones" because that's a mighty trip as well

This is my sleep list:

-Smash Direct x2
-E3 Pac-Man debacle
-I think Little Mac's announcement as well
-Cloud Strife

EDIT: Maybe we should talk about something important to lure the muricans into thinking they slept through something hype

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
There's no better feeling than knowing you're about to sleep through the biggest hype bombs in history.

Some people say don't do drugs and I agree and I'd like to add "Don't do European timezones" because that's a mighty trip as well

This is my sleep list:

-Smash Direct x2
-E3 Pac-Man debacle
-Cloud Strife

EDIT: Maybe we should talk about something important to lure the muricans into thinking they slept through something hype
But don't you guys get a good viewing of the Switch during the January 12th Presentation or is that also late? Also lmao to that bait for us Muricans.

Last edited:

Some people say don't do drugs and I agree and I'd like to add "Don't do European timezones" because that's a mighty trip as well

This is my sleep list:

-Smash Direct x2
-E3 Pac-Man debacle
-Cloud Strife
I would've missed several Smash and Nintendo Directs that aired after midnight here, but I just ignored that I had school next day and watched them anyway.

I'm going to miss the Switch Direct, though.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
But don't you guys get a good viewing of the Switch during the January 12th Presentation or is that also late? Also lmao to that bait for us Muricans.
Yeah man that'll be a nice and comfy 4AM for us.

Previous Switch presentation was 4PM though so that was nice.

EDIT: Since I can't edit titles, I'd like to tell everybody I put the rad avatar-related puns under "location" so be sure to check that out when I change my profile pic.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yeah man that'll be a nice and comfy 4AM for us.

Previous Switch presentation was 4PM though so that was nice
I probably will try and watch it since its right after my Mock exams but it won't be as impact since I'd be 3/4 asleep....if I don't miss my very early alarm that is and not sleep through it anyway.

....or do it before school at like 7 or something but that would be VERY hard not to get spoiled though.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I probably will try and watch it since its right after my Mock exams but it won't be as impact since I'd be 3/4 asleep....if I don't miss my very early alarm that is and not sleep through it anyway.

....or do it before school at like 7 or something but that would be VERY hard not to get spoiled though.
Oh that reminds me of the Smash Direct.
I slept through, didn't spoil myself by looking at which characters they revealed midnight so I could get the true hype experience.
I woke up, immediately went to the Nintendo Direct website, avoided ALL spoilers.

Except that they mentioned Corrin and Bayo in the Direct description.

Like if you hype everytime

EDIT: At least we won the Ballot right? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I slept through, didn't spoil myself by looking at which characters they revealed midnight so I could get the true hype experience.
I woke up, immediately went to the Nintendo Direct website, avoided ALL spoilers.

Except that they mentioned Corrin and Bayo in the Direct description.

Like if you hype everytime
Nah I had to watch that! If its not past a 1am start I'll watch it. I didn't miss a single Smash reveal :p

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Nah I had to watch that! If its not past a 1am start I'll watch it. I didn't miss a single Smash reveal :p
I curse my absolute need for a 12-hour nap

The Definite Unhyped Smash Fighters List aka the ones I slept through

-Wii Fit Trainer
I still don't know why I never thought it was fake.
I just believed she was revealed someday.

-Greninja (Checked the site at night)
That was weird too. Waking up in some bizarro 3AM world where Greninja is appearantly playable.

-Pac-Man (Checked the site at night)
Eh. Swell. They did it.
I actually didn't expect anyone to get revealed but I guess they did.

-Cloud (Checked the site at night)
I actually went downstairs to check who was revealed.
But I wasn't sneaky enough and first had to prove my mom I wasn't asleep/insane/both

-Bayo
Spoiled at the finish line

-Corrin
Ditto + weird story of having Lost in Thoughts all Alone in my head as bedtime song to soothe the hype

Last edited:
I managed to watch it, it aired on midnight here.

I usually watch the direct if it airs before 2 AM.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I managed to watch it, it aired on midnight here.

I usually watch the direct if it airs before 2 AM.
It aired even earlier here but I had school the next morning and I need my sleep.

EDit:

I have a great idea.
We hype in advance.

Since all the hype will be lost when we rewatch the Switch Direct, we hype NOW so that the hype is not completely dead.

Ok ill start:

S.A.R.A.S.A.L.A.N.D B.O.I.S
TOLD YOU ID BE SARASALAND TOLD YOU
DAISY FOR SMASH SWITCH HYYYYYPE

AAAAAH
SPIKE IS DEAD
LONG LIVE SPIKE.
SPLATATATATA HYPE TRAIN

NABBIDS INVASIONNNN
PLS BE IN SMASH
PLS
PLS

Any more?
Man I was legit hyped for three seconds this is good stuff

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So it's 9:30 AM my time. I'll be in class.

Eh, I guess I'll watch it later. No biggie.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So it's 9:30 AM my time. I'll be in class.

Eh, I guess I'll watch it later. No biggie.
Biggie?
I don't know why, but I like this word.

Also amigo, I wish you the best and I hope that what you said before will be true, or else, I might change my doctor.:4drmario:

D

Deleted member

I don't when the switch presentation airs in my time zone, but I'm probably not gonna see it either way.
On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure my 3DS is dead.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't when the switch presentation airs in my time zone, but I'm probably not gonna see it either way.
Nintendo's good with repairs in Europe, don't know about the US

Switch presentation's 5AM for me on a 9 hour shift work day. Ah well, I've got an alarm clock

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Try to see if the charger is the problem, I thought my 3DS's battery was dead but when I tried my brother's charger it worked
If you didn't recognize me then I'm kinda hurt but not really

Also, again, I still need a 4th moveslot for my Magearna and an EV Spread, it has Modest, Fairium Z, Fleur/Flash Cannon and Aura Sphere. I need help with this
Calm Mind for the last slot
252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def

D

Deleted member

Try to see if the charger is the problem, I thought my 3DS's battery was dead but when I tried my brother's charger it worked
I tried my friend's charger earlier, and it didn't work.
Also, I may have forgot to mention that the Battery cover broke.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
****, basically everyone have got premium except me. :C
I'm actually really sad right now, just because I to sleep like a normal human. I ****ing missed freemium.
This is not fair at all, I'm going to cry in the corner now.
Don't worry. You're not the only one that missed the freemium. I didn't get the blue either.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't worry. You're not the only one that missed the freemium. I didn't get the blue either.
Thank you bro, thank you alot.

By the way, I played the first MGS and...
With the more simple word that come to mind when I play it were...
HOLY METAL GEAR, IT'S AWESOME!!!:4larry:
Since it's my first MGS, I put the difficulty on easy, but since I was already founded in the very first zone in the game. I think that's a good choice.
The control are also kinda weird, but I will get it with time.
Finally, the game has the French voice acting, since MGS1 was the only game in the franchise to have a VF.
And it's...well, as good as any French voice acting in the '90 in B-movie: It's OK.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Funny we were talking about Abridged series yesterday and this pops up in my sub box today
Language warning
I like this one but I feel that the dialogue and some of the voice acting comes off a bit weird at times.

This also reminded me there's an Abridged series of the Stardust Crusaders OVA and 4 episodes of Phantom Blood Abridged(dunno what happened to the guy that did those though)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I found Nessie!!:131:

Poni Pokedex is coming along...regret fudging up that Relicanth encounter I had a while back though...

edit: As I post that I manage to fish up another Relicanth...
why does this happen so often? its like a reverse Jinx posting on this site....

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I was watching some unreleased running animations for the Hoenn Pokemon, and I was surprised to see the Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, and Mega Gardevoir simply float for their running animation. I mean, take a look.

I mean, I'm aware they know Teleport and Telekinesis, but considering Kirlia and Gardevoir have legs, I thought they were going to run like normal (I can imagine Gardevoir's running animation would look a lot like Zelda's).

I'm pretty curious to see if Gallade's running animation will be similar to its other evolution family members where it will simply float or it will run this time around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks for giving us more proof that Paper Mario will never go back to its original roots and always choose some strange experimental gimmick for its gameplay.

Also, "respecting Miyamoto by sticking with the Miyamoto Mario family" at least explain the generic, recolor Toads and few original characters compared to the original trilogy. This also kills the chances of Daisy, Waluigi, or Rosalina ever touching a Paper Mario game.

Arlo is going to be pissed.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/12/...of-the-series-and-the-lack-of-returning-ncps/

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks for giving us more proof that Paper Mario will never go back to its original roots and always choose some strange experimental gimmick for its gameplay.

Also, "respecting Miyamoto by sticking with the Miyamoto Mario family" at least explain the generic, recolor Toads and few original characters compared to the original trilogy. This also kills the chances of Daisy, Waluigi, or Rosalina ever touching a Paper Mario game.

Arlo is going to be pissed.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/12/...of-the-series-and-the-lack-of-returning-ncps/
'Might as well stop calling it Paper Mario and instead R.P.G. Mario. (Repetitous Preposterous Gimmick)
Good bye Count Bleck and all the other cool character of SPM, it's not sooner that we will see you again.
Screen Shot 12-18-16 at 04.53 PM.PNG

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pros: Arlo will be pissed

Cons: I'm pissed too
Oh, and that Bobomb Guy that I keep running into will be mad as hell too.

He will forever criticise Miyamoto and and the current team for taking away the things he liked the most about Thousand Year Door.

So yeah, he's quite the dedicated detractor of any game after TTYD.

'Might as well stop calling it Paper Mario and instead R.P.G. Mario. (Repetitous Preposterous Gimmick)
Good bye Count Bleck and all the other cool character of SPM, it's not sooner that we will see you again.
View attachment 122695
First, I love that cleaver acronym.

Second, Count Bleck is always the best Paper Mario villain. :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm Premium now for some reason! Yay!

I would like to change my name, but I don't know what name.

Maybe Chandeelure.

Get it, guys? Dee? Eh? EH?!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh, and that Bobomb Guy that I keep running into will be mad as hell too.

He will forever criticise Miyamoto and and the current team for taking away the things he liked the most about Thousand Year Door.

So yeah, he's quite the dedicated detractor of any game after TTYD.

First, I love that cleaver acronym.

Second, Count Bleck is always the best Paper Mario villain. :p
First off, thank you for that, I searched really hard for that one.

Second off, heck yeah! Count Bleck is the best vilain EVER!!!

pixel_bleck_by_aquamizuko.gif
ALL HAIL THE COUNT BABY!!!
pixel_bleck_by_aquamizuko.gif

D

Deleted member

Replaying Wind Waker, I had forgotten how beautiful this game was
Also, the whole part in the beginning always makes me almost cry. Almost. I swear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom