• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*EDIT* I apologize, it was really out of line for me to say any of this. I really shouldn't have though that was OK and I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Oh my god... I got a perfect 6 IV Japanese Ditto with a Destiny Knot and PokeRus on it via GTS. All I had to do was very quickly trade a Level 1 Flareon for it. I am literally bewildered and excited at the same time by this. Seems like I was able to snag one of the last of them from this presumed giveaway on the GTS.
Just in-case anybody missed this insane moment that happened for me: ended up posting it at a late time.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Smashification

It's a weird one (because it's a commission)
:061:
At least I like the design of the character especially the lightning sword................well except his blue face. Way too simple compared to the rest >.>

Also, I miss Smashified's 2D art.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Least favorite things about my two favorite regions. I'm doing two since it's easier. :p

Unova: Some levels needed for evolution, especially on slow and frail special attackers like Litwick (41) and Elgyem (42). Let's not even start on Deino, Vullaby, Rufflet, or Larvesta...

Alola: Lack of a good level up grinding area in the post-game and Festival Plaza being a downgrade from the PSS.

D

Deleted member

Time for another topic. This one is a follow-up to the one from a few days ago where I asked what was one thing you liked in your least favorite generation of Pokemon. Now, it's time for the reverse:

Name one thing that you didn't like in your favorite generation of Pokemon.

Here's mine as an example:

Sinnoh: The battle and surfing speeds in Diamond and Pearl were slow, but the surfing speed in those games was especially atrocious.

If you have a hard time coming up with something you didn't like from your favorite generation of Pokemon, try to think of Pokemon you didn't like in that region's Pokedex, or you can even try to look beyond core games of that generation (example: you didn't like the anime season/spinoff line-up of that generation).
Unova: The fact that the Original Dragon was teased but turned out as The Unreveal. There's not much I don't like about those games
Alola: SOS battles. Period

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hold on a second, there isn't Gastly on Route 2, but there is Drowzee.
Welp, it can work too I guess.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The cemitery is to the right of Route 2
I actually realized that after I saw the cemitery.
To put in mind why I said that on my previous post, I looked on the Bulbapedia and they didn't mention the cemitery.
So yeah, gotta' capture that Gastly.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, Nintendo still has a few. . .problems they need to sort out in terms of being in denial about when something isn't working.

I do think internally they're at least getting spooked at the games that are outright flops, but despite that they seem to be trying to prop up the egos of some of their staff and are willfully in denial about why things are going wrong. That's something they're going to have to acknowledge and fix at some point, because it's dragging the company down.

Fortunately, not all of their high ranking staff are like that. Some of them actually do learn, and they're starting to bring in fresher ones that seem to have a pretty good idea what they're doing.

. . .Wait a second. Tanabe. Where have I heard that name bef-

IT'S HIM.

Oh my gosh, it's the same guy that made Federation Force. This explains a lot more than it probably should.
He didn't make Federation Force, he just supervised it.

Regardless he also supervised amazing games like Dark Moon, Tropical Freeze and Metroid Prime. Basically he's the guy in who oversees the non Japanese studios. He has less power than a director so let's not give him too much crap.

That said, Federation Force was actually pretty good. Color Splash was only okay.

This was a stupid thing to say though...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Besthesda is doubting the Switch's power for future releases after Skyrim, which hasn't been confirmed yet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thanks for the Premium, @Cyndane!

Along with what Burruni said...

There's two scenarios that actually imply Solgaleo and Lunala actually pair off to bring forth offspring, which is probably why the Pokedex mentions them having genders. One piece of lore in the game states that through the union of the two Cover Legendaries Cosmog was born, which potentially could've been how Nebby came to be. As for the second instance, you can even witness this union as if you bring your Solgaleo/Lunala to the Altar of the Sunne/Moone in the alternate world, they will meet their counterpart and create a Cosmog for you (which has some odd implications on the story, but I just treat it the same way I do N giving Nate/Rosa his dragon). Again, creating an offspring between two different legendaries of the same line.

So the Pokedex entry is probably not just fluff, there is potentially a lore reason for it.
so why didnt just give it a gender rather then keeping it genderless then

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
GASTLY Captured!!
And I have the Hyper Ball, so, time to get finally this Abra.
Oh and, I see Cyndane, well....I just wait I guess.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just one qutions thats in mt head. If they gave latios, Latias and Heatran a gender, whats stopping them from guving the other two ones. Idk, Ill still say its genderless personaly. *shrugs*

Anyway, I just found out I gained weight. While I feel fine, Ill just nip it in the butt before it gets higher.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He didn't make Federation Force, he just supervised it.

Regardless he also supervised amazing games like Dark Moon, Tropical Freeze and Metroid Prime. Basically he's the guy in who oversees the non Japanese studios. He has less power than a director so let's not give him too much crap.

That said, Federation Force was actually pretty good. Color Splash was only okay.

This was a stupid thing to say though...
S. . .sorry.

I keep not thinking things through. I'm sorry, that was wrong of me.

I'll go ahead and delete everything I said, I'm really sorry to cause you trouble sir.

Gosh I. . .I keep being such a jerk and honestly I don't like myself for it at all. I don't even know how to make up for what I said, I just feel really bad for it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OH MY GOD, I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH Aetheri Aetheri , I FINALLY GOT HIM THANKS TO YOU. I AM THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD NOW.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have no idea who the Drifter is.

What I want to know is whatever happened to Codename Clumsy. We haven't heard about the character since he was announced in May.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I. . .I feel like I've been a jerk and mistreated all of you anymore. I feel really bad about it, but I'm worried I'll just keep acting horrible and eventually alienate all of you or something. Look, I. . .I care, OK? If I say anything wrong, just let me know and I'll apologize, OK? I really hate hurting anyone's feelings. . .I think my eyes are starting to get wet. . .

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Glad I could help...
Really, I couldn't do it without you, thank you so much. :)

And speaking of that, thanks to @Cyndane , I have finally...after all those months of being just a normal member being pranked.
I, Red Hunter Z, can finally go back to the DR to shipost like no tomorrow and use better avatar!!!!
KONO REDO DA!!!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M COMING DR, I'M COMING SOON!!!
I. . .I feel like I've been a jerk and mistreated all of you anymore. I feel really bad about it, but I'm worried I'll just keep acting horrible and eventually alienate all of you or something. Look, I. . .I care, OK? If I say anything wrong, just let me know and I'll apologize, OK? I really hate hurting anyone's feelings. . .I think my eyes are starting to get wet. . .
Relax bro, you didn't hurt anyone feeling. Just calm down, we all make mistake you know?
Stay calm, take a deep breath and think of something else. It's just a error and you realize it, so, you are cool now,OK?.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dont know what your talking about.But its probably not that serious bro,just relax and enjoy the **** posts

Ivander

Smash Legend

Smashification

It's a weird one (because it's a commission)
:061:
Huh, I'm surprised I actually recognized the character. I don't know the game he comes from, but he's a playable character on Runbow, which I did play(and is quite fun actually).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Drifter is from Hyper Light Drifter.

What I want to know is whatever happened to Codename Clumsy. We haven't heard about the character since he was announced in May.
They tripped and fell into an abyss where they have long since been forgotten about.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
oh heck yes...my pokemon found some moon stones, now to evolve my jigglypuff...

No more Igglybuff slaughtering...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey, it's all right. There's nothing to be overly concerned about. This is the interwebz we're talking here. :estatic:

Hell, i've done my fair share of ruffling people's feathers here and none of that was even intentional. I don't beat myself up over that even if people get angry at me.

But y'know you're genuinely one of the nicest people here and you shouldn't feel bad about a post or something. It's all good.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's really not as bad as you think. We're all just anonymous people on the internet.
If you feel that way about it then go and rest up or something or talk to someone that's willing to listen.
Humans are not a perfect species, we're all flawed in a number of different ways to varying degrees. This year alone should be more than sufficient enough proof of that.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps I've missed some sort of event that just happened, but from what I've seem in my entirety of being in this thread you definitely haven't done anything to warrant worrying about that so much. I on the other hand can be a bit arrogant at times, especially when I'm in a good mood full of myself.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Neither do I. He is the first Smashified character I don't recognise (not counting the one from Mother fangame).
Yeah. This character and Liliac were the only ones I had no idea where they were from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom