• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Somewhat interesting that Castform's your favourite mon...I usually see the little guy in people's least favourite's list...
I personally have nothing really against it, just never really thought much of it other than it having a neat gimmick...

Anyways...I'm closing in on 90% completion, Melemele's almost done as well...
Castform's just always been a staple of my in-game teams since the RSE days.

I used it in Emerald and it did surprisingly well for itself...so much so that I used it again whenever they could be found in the main game. Black 2, Omega Ruby, and now Moon. Almost like the team mascot. Myself Omega Ruby one in particular was great...she had Master Rank in every contest and wiped the floor with Wallace and Lissia on multiple occasions. :D Seriously, Castform is an amazing Super Contest Pokémon, even if it can't battle well.

Still hoping it gets stat buffs at least someday. Ideally here's what I'd do...

1. Major buffs to its speed and special attack, but keep it decently frail to not be too broken.
2. Give it a new Hidden Ability called Stormwatch. This ability would activate immediately, a la Imposter. If Castform has a move in its Moveset that benefits from a certain weather condition, that weather condition will take effect. For example, if it has Thunder, Rain will be called. This effectively gives Castform a more versatile weather setting ability so it can see more usage.
3. If they want to be REALLY nice...give it Fairy as a secondary typing. It's in the Fairy egg group after all. That'd also make Sunny Castform the only Fire-Fairy type, too.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just checked the newest DBS episode.
Welp, Goku is dead... again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I HOPE it ends up to be the new DBE

That would be a hilarious train wreck

D

Deleted member

Ah... It's posts like these that make me realize how overly dramatic the Melee community can be.

Uh, context? What is Smashbox?
I figured it would make your development time faster and easier to re-use some of my assets.

The fanbase might hate you for that but whatever.
I'm doing this for you though
I mean, have you ever seen anyone talk about Mew? Nah, everyone just cares about MewTWO so much more that they even end up forgetting Mew is in Smash
I'm saving you bruh

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah... It's posts like these that make me realize how overly dramatic the Melee community can be.

Can't say that I thought it would be all that controversial. If it isn't allowed to have a dedicated throw button, due to Melee lacking it, fine. But considering it doesn't come with that initially, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Usually, more options should be celebrated.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean, have you ever seen anyone talk about Mew? Nah, everyone just cares about MewTWO so much more that they even end up forgetting Mew is in Smash
I'm saving you bruh
My decisions are coming back to haunt me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm saving you bruh
A Smash specific Arcade stick style controller.

D

Deleted member

It's this.

Essentially it's a controller that'll fix a lot of the issues with the GC Pad, but a lot of people are over reacting at the controller and are entirely dismissive of change, even though most people will most likely not use this controller and although it'll have benefits (like using an arcade stick) the game will come down to player skill in the long term anyway.

It's really only the Melee community that has an issue with it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm still in the camp that believes Ever Oasis is just going to be another forgotten game that flops like Codename S.T.E.A.M.

And I like that game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm saving you bruh
This the Smash Box

EDIT: Derp :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you want one or two with 5 ivs I can send a male and/or female one lol. I have a calm female one (missing attack) and a rash male one that's missing Sp attack. No egg moves though since I was working on ivs only :lol:
That'd make things a lot easier. :D

Anything you want in return?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can't find the "Account Upgrades" option anymore.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, I guess I'm premium now. Thanks Cyn Cyn .

Guess I need to think of a theme or something to take advantage of this.

Do name changes last after your premium ends?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yo, Seeing Weavile's Pokedex entry....they are pretty much Velociraptors...

Also Goodra's finally evolved and that's now all the Psuedo lines complete!...Handy that Route 17 is pretty always raining...

reading Goodra's pokedex entry makes me sad...:(

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hmm, something seems different about this pla-

* Cyn Cyn gifted you an account upgrade. *

Oh.

Thanks for the premium!

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well, I guess I'll actually show some, though most won't come til tomorrow since it's late and I'm tired. But here's one line that I'm actually somewhat proud of.

Zanstingo and Plagucudo, the Mosquito and the Plague Doctor Pokémon. Zanstingo is a Bug/ Flying type, with its base stats favoring attack (roughly 65-70) and speed (95). Zanstingo is mostly just a mosquito in Pokémon form, with the only notable difference being that its head is huge compared to the rest of its body and more human-like arms and legs. It evolves into Plagucudo while a Dark type is in the party and while knowing Toxic. Plagucudo itself is a Bug/ Dark type with a notable boost in HP and both defenses (all around 100), though the rest of its stats remain the same. Plagucudo retains a similar body to Zanstingo's, but its wings are now more akin to a black cape (though they still function as wings) and with a head stylized like a plague doctor mask. Plagucudo themselves are rather sadistic in personality, intentionally spreading diseases just to make others suffer. Some of the species however actually despise this attitude, and actually go around the world, trying to cure any illnesses caused by the sadistic members of the race. Both Zanstingo and Plagucudo have Speed Boost as their only normal ability, with Corrosion as their hidden ability.

:094:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We still don't have the Dolphin Pokemon yet. Or a Dalmatian Pokemon, which could either Normal, Fire, or Dark I think.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh man I miss the yearly Blueing.

But I don't feel special anymore.

Just us in the Disco Room so it won't feel empty as usual

D

Deleted member

My avatar makes a lot more sense now, given the new title. I see everyone now has Premium memberships. Is this Bluening 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Mine disappeared a long time ago. Not sure why.
It's been gone from my settings as well.

Go here if you want to see when your membership expires.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Is the Smashbox really able to add anything new?

It just looks like a novelty. And I expect it to play like a playing Melee using a keyboard. Rather limiting, in other words.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not really though did you want one of them or both? I don't really need either of them since I have another 5 iv and the 6 iv one I just got..
The 5IV one that's only missing Attack would be awesome!

Though I likely won't be able to trade until tomorrow due to timing issues. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is the Smashbox really able to add anything new?

It just looks like a novelty. And I expect it to play like a playing Melee using a keyboard. Rather limiting, in other words.
It should work theoretically like any other arcade controller, though one of those rarer kinds that uses buttons for directions rather than a stick. You could map up a custom throw button I think, like in Brawl and Smash 4. Basically like a controller specific config setup. But it isn't a default option, for the sake of keeping things fair.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMG_20161217_201844.jpg

First perfect 6 IV pokemon.

I just wanted 5, without special, but it took friggin' ever. And somehow i got this instead

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I've been thinking of building theme teams for Pokémon Sun battles. I'm trying to recreate all the Overwatch characters, but so far I've only thought of Roadhog (Emboar), Torbjorn (Alolan Golem) and Zenyatta (Alakazam especially the mega). Any suggestions for the rest of the heroes?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The 5IV one that's only missing Attack would be awesome!

Though I likely won't be able to trade until tomorrow due to timing issues. :p
That's Ok lol it'll be in my PC until then. But now it's time to work on a certain fairy type that has a "festive scarf" :lol:..
the only question is with shield dust or Sweet veil.. eh I'll do both :lol:..
View attachment 122667

First perfect 6 IV pokemon.

I just wanted 5, without special, but it took friggin' ever. And somehow i got this instead
Iirc my first one was a 6iv female.. the rng keeps trolling me with those and 5iv males and females with 30 iv for the one missing stat..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom