• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though this maybe the wrong time to ask, who do you identify yourself as @Zoroarking?

Well, life is no anime video game where you sing a bouncy J-Pop song and your weeaboo dreams magically come true.

So be a dog and let it go, Ryona. :troll:
>Says weaboo dreams can't come true

#Triggered

D

Deleted member

"Making sense" with the type matchups can be problematic
Fire getting another type it's strong to adds up to 5, as much as Ground and Fighting, who have other types that are immune to them. Fire being that powerful with nothing to stop it would be problematic. It would also make Fairy itself pointless because many Dragon types already carried Fire moves anyways due to Steel and Ice STABs.
So? Ground and Fighting also resist spikes and stealth rocks. That's what ruins fire types in general, they're so fragile, but on the other hand they're suppose to be pretty good offensively. Ground types especially are bulkier, especially on the physical end. And have an important immunity to electric. I guess that'd leave fighting at the end of the stick, but to be honest it didn't really need the fairy nerf at all. The only fighting types are considered actually overpowered usually have a second typing that cancels everything else.

I also don't see the problem with that. All that it would do is make it so that special Dragon types actually stand a chance since the physical ones don't really learn good physical f9re type moves at all, but destroy fairies with either steel or poison anyway. Which pretty much all of them have. No one ever complains that ground types kill off flying types anyway because they all have rock coverage, or water types easily killing off most grass types because so many have ice beam. Again, you can't just unnaturally make a pokemon under a certain type worse, because usually one of the reasons they're so great is coverage.

-Ice gets immunity to Dragon and resistances to Electric and Poison
-Poison is now SE against Dragon and resists it
-Steel doesn't resist Dark anymore but keeps its Ghost resistance
That seems a bit too unnatural though, I prefer adding fairy over that. I think the way that things usually are balanced out and should be balanced out is that each type has a niche, rather than making every type have the purpose. That's why poison is so useless too. It's intended to kill off pokemon slowly and annoyingly, but the problem is that way too many pokemon know toxic. Dragons were good even without even using dragon type moves.

D

Deleted member

Even though this maybe the wrong time to ask, who do you identify yourself as @Zoroarking?

>Says weaboo dreams can't come true

#Triggered
Who? Do you mean 'how'? If so, Smashboards has two specific gender options and I use one of them, why the question?
So? Ground and Fighting also resist spikes and stealth rocks. That's what ruins fire types in general, they're so fragile, but on the other hand they're suppose to be pretty good offensively. Ground types especially are bulkier, especially on the physical end. And have an important immunity to electric. I guess that'd leave fighting at the end of the stick, but to be honest it didn't really need the fairy nerf at all. The only fighting types are considered actually overpowered usually have a second typing that cancels everything else.

I also don't see the problem with that. All that it would do is make it so that special Dragon types actually stand a chance since the physical ones don't really learn good physical f9re type moves at all, but destroy fairies with either steel or poison anyway. Which pretty much all of them have. No one ever complains that ground types kill off flying types anyway because they all have rock coverage, or water types easily killing off most grass types because so many have ice beam. Again, you can't just unnaturally make a pokemon under a certain type worse, because usually one of the reasons they're so great is coverage.

That seems a bit too unnatural though, I prefer adding fairy over that. I think the way that things usually are balanced out and should be balanced out is that each type has a niche, rather than making every type have the purpose. That's why poison is so useless too. It's intended to kill off pokemon slowly and annoyingly, but the problem is that way too many pokemon know toxic. Dragons were good even without even using dragon type moves.
Nothing resists Spikes, it has set damage

The problem is being offensivelly overpowered, which Fire would become

And the problem with Dragons was the easily spammable STAB, which could be covered with Fire or Fighting moves easily, with nothing to wall them

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
His identity is "trap lover."

The sketchiest of indentities.:troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Who? Do you mean 'how'? If so, Smashboards has two specific gender options and I use one of them, why the question?
I'm not asking how. That's not how the question goes.

Just had a question in case you happened to be transgendered. But it's just my suspicions acting up as usual. Never mind what I asked.

D

Deleted member

It's things like this that I'm talking about, a simple question about gender identity and people feel the need to make a bunch of joke replies
I'm not asking how. That's not how the question goes.

Just had a question in case you happened to be transgendered. But it's just my suspicions acting up as usual. Never mind what I asked.
I'm pretty sure it's how because who is used for people. But whatever.

But nah, I'm cis, I just happen to like clothes traditionally associated with women

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's things like this that I'm talking about, a simple question about gender identity and people feel the need to make a bunch of joke replies
Bruh, we weren't..

nevermind:139:

God why did everyone get so prickly close to christmas

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And the problem with Dragons was the easily spammable STAB, which could be covered with Fire or Fighting moves easily, with nothing to wall them
Besides you know, water types which have been pretty prominent since gen 1 and have never really not been so. Dragon types also rarely ever have fighting type moves on them, the best option being brick break, but that's not a good option.(There's the gen 7 psuedo, but it's not that great.) Easily spammable stab isn't that much of a feat, even normal types had that, especially before ghost types were much more prominent.(If anything normal type use to be the old Dragon types, especially when fighting and ghost weren't around much.) But the difference being is that Dragons tend to have WAY better stats and coverage, and that's never really going to change any time soon. Again, the answer is to just make better pokemon of different typing. Which has shown to easily work. Hell the tier of dragons itself, ubers, has never had a dragon sit as the top threat aside from Mega Ray which has been banned anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hm how about Pacifiken or Pacifikraken

Based off the Giant Pacific octopus and a Kraken?

I kinda like Pacifiken personaly
The world's largest octopus lives in all over my area. There is this bridge my parents used to scare us saying there were giant octopus living under it

They weren't lying though, they literally do live under the bridge.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just so you all know, I identify as a Squid Kid.

(Sakurai is racist for not including Inklings.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The world's largest octopus lives in all over my area. There is this bridge my parents used to scare us saying there were giant octopus living under it

They weren't lying though, they literally do live under the bridge.
Catch it and we can have Calimari for weeks

I love Calimari to death

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

But nah, I'm cis, I just happen to like clothes traditionally associated with women
To be fair. It wasn't the question that prompted the jokes. It was the avoidance to answering it.

If you had answered right away or even declined. I guarantee you they wouldn't have happened.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Being cis is boring. lol

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you try to heal at Po Town while carrying no money at all, the grunts will say this.

They basically call you a waifu.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
To be fair. It wasn't the question that prompted the jokes. It was the avoidance to answering it.

If you had answered right away or even declined. I guarantee you they wouldn't have happened.
And even if we did, we weren't making fun of anyone

Bro. Why is everyone suddenly so tense

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Holy ****, The Bluening is happening again.
bluuu.PNG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But there was no avoidance
I answered it as fast as I could and even then, I'm sure the "jokes" would still have been made
If you try to heal at Po Town while carrying no money at all, the grunts will say this.

They basically call you a waifu.
Hiw does someone spend all of their Pokedollars?

D

Deleted member

Oh god, it's all blue now
I'll take my purple, e-everyone know it's cooler, r-right?
It's not like I care or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom