• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
...Who said anything about "sticking it to the majority?" You were the first to mention it.
I wasn't actually, but it was a good example on how these kinds of things can be twisted into something bad.
Then that isn't for the sake of diversity, so it's not the same thing, at all.
Besides, I have never seen said reasoning been given. People have to stop assuming minorities hate majorities because of "lol white people" kind of posts on Tumblr
They do happen though. I've met those kinds of people in real life.

D

Deleted member

There are no bears in Smash. In the words of BKupa666, "The bear demographic has no one they can relate to on the roster." Some might argue we need Brash. :p

roidrage.gif

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But wait there's more, we can have a Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE character to represent the J-Pop side of Japanese culture in Smash.

It's not like there's anything wrong with that unless people hate that game or Fire Emblem representation. :awesome:
How about no. We should not add more weaboo trash in Smash because of diversity. Jack Frost would be much more deserving. :troll:

There are no bears in Smash. In the words of BKupa666, "The bear demographic has no one they can relate to on the roster." Some might argue we need Brash. :p

View attachment 122619
No, anything but him....

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Would it surprise you that this isn't the first time I've seen someone mix up Doc Louis and Doc Brown?

Doc Louis can't go back to 1985 by biking at 88 mph. :p
I went to go eat and realized partway through I might have messed up.

Usually I'm being paranoid when I think that but I really did slip up this time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

View attachment 122619
Ursaring would be so much better though.

If I couldn't get him in Pokkén I'll get him in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I don't think it's the fact people think minorities hate majorities,

I think it's more the fact it's socially acceptable for minorities to hate on majorities
Yeah, so much that people will call others "a SJW" if they complain about an offensive comment but saying something like "white people" is the living proof that those people are hypocrites.
Don't come with that "it's socially acceptable for minorities to hate on majorities" bull**** because it's in no way true when you still see them being mocked on media and cases of violence against them are often overlooked, between a lot of other facts such as majorities believing in things like "inverse racism" and "heterophobia"
I wasn't actually, but it was a good example on how these kinds of things can be twisted into something bad.

They do happen though. I've met those kinds of people in real life.
If biology has taught me anything is that there are always exceptions but they're very rare.
Espcially bull**** like snake with feets because nature thought they weren't scary enough

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

View attachment 122619
I found the the common Kutthroat complaint (komplaint?) of "There aren't enough non-humanoid characters in the roster" as really silly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, so much that people will call others "a SJW" if they complain about an offensive comment but saying something like "white people" is the living proof that those people are hypocrites.
Don't come with that "it's socially acceptable for minorities to hate on majorities" bull**** because it's in no way true when you still see them being mocked on media and cases of violence against them are often overlooked, between a lot of other facts such as majorities believing in things like "inverse racism" and "heterophobia"

If biology has taught me anything is that there are always exceptions but they're very rare.
Espcially bull**** like snake with feets because nature thought they weren't scary enough
There is no "Inverse Racism" Racism is racism, regardless of what race it targets

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, they evolved from lizards, so... it's not that surprising.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

View attachment 122619
Yes, Brash is truly the shoo-in this game deserves.

Anyone who disagrees would want to make a bear cub cry.

How about no. We should not add more weaboo trash in Smash because of diversity. Jack Frost would be much more deserving. :troll:
Le ironic ****posting.

Top kek

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The main problem with racism is that some people still believe that there is multiple human races, when we're all part of the same species. If those people understood that we're all human with only some minor aesthetic differences, the world would be a better place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The main problem with racism is that some people still believe that there is multiple human races, when we're all part of the same species. If those people understood that we're all human with only some minor aesthetic differences, the world would be a better place.
It's collectivism and tribalism

Maybe when more people are multiracial they will understand that

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I found the the common Kutthroat complaint (komplaint?) of "There aren't enough non-humanoid characters in the roster" as really silly.
In other words, we need more furries and scalies.

Got it.

Yes, Brash is truly the shoo-in this game deserves.

Anyone who disagrees would want to make a bear cub cry.
Top kek
Going to make all the bear Cubs cry in the woods. Screw their personal feelings.

Also

>Implying I wasn't being ironic in the first place.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There I thought up a bunch of more water pokemon.

Tussel: Water type. Based off a mussel
Spearosis: Water/Fighting. Based off a swordfish
Oceaniedge: Water/Fighting. Based off a narwhal
Shammer: Water/Rock. Based off a Hammerhead.
Megalorca: Water. Based off an orca.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just came back from Rouge One.

A really fine film. I may like it more than The Force Awakens.

D

Deleted member

There is no "Inverse Racism" Racism is racism, regardless of what race it targets
Tell that to those that constantly use that term
Well, they evolved from lizards, so... it's not that surprising.
I mean, I get that but still, doesn't make them any less scary because now they can RUN after you
No prejudice would exist if everyone in the world had brains and the capacity to empathize with others
But well, not everyone can do that so here we are
Good luck with that

I'll be over here talking to my pets, the better creatures
Looking forward to when humans are finally overthrown by another species, maybe they won't **** up as much, hopefully

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Going to make all the bear Cubs cry in the woods. Screw their personal feelings.

Also

>Implying I wasn't being ironic in the first place.
You monster!

People like you are why Brash is all deserving in Smash just to spite your furcist views.

Him and So Sorry have more than enough reasons to join Smash on their own. Hope you are ready for Brash to give you a personal knock on the door. :glare:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Just because there's still awful racists out there doesn't mean situations on the other side of the fence don't exist.

One thing being way, way more horrible doesn't render another significantly less bad but still kinda bad thing nonexistent.

It really depends on what worldview social group one is in what applies. Where you live and who you talk to has a lot to do with what race you're "justified" in being an awful person to. And I say that in quotes because you really shouldn't be "justified" to be an awful person to anyone.

I'd say yes, there are people who hate Caucasians just for being Caucasian, just not nearly as many as there are Caucasians who are saying racist things about everyone else. But the people who hate Caucasians are proportionally more likely to be internet active. . .and Caucasian themselves, because some people seem to roll that way.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You monster!

People like you are why Brash is all deserving in Smash just to spite your furcist views.

Him and So Sorry have more than enough reasons to join Smash on their own. Hope you are ready for Brash to give you a personal knock on the door. :glare:
Didn't forget, just don't care.

It's called a hustle, sweetheart. ;)

Also, furcist is not a real word.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Apparently you can make a profit publicly advertising your product is a sham

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, it's really depressing.

Arguing between whether being light tan or brown is better sounds like it's a story out of a children's book, but people somehow manage to create horrible situations by making distinctions out of exactly that.

D

Deleted member

Just because there's still awful racists out there doesn't mean situations on the other side of the fence don't exist.

One thing being way, way more horrible doesn't render another significantly less bad but still kinda bad thing nonexistent.

It really depends on what worldview social group one is in what applies. Where you live and who you talk to has a lot to do with what race you're "justified" in being an awful person to. And I say that in quotes because you really shouldn't be "justified" to be an awful person to anyone.

I'd say yes, there are people who hate Caucasians just for being Caucasian, just not nearly as many as there are Caucasians who are saying racist things about everyone else. But the people who hate Caucasians are proportionally more likely to be internet active. . .and Caucasian themselves, because some people seem to roll that way.
Those cases are a lot more insignificant and rarer compared to how minorities are treated
When men/white/straight/cis people start being denied jobs and services because of who they are, then it becomes a problem. When they start being mocked and humiliated because of who they are, then it becomes a problem. When they start dying because of who they are, then it becomes a problem.
What you're saying is the equivalent of someone complaining they burned their finger when their neighbor's is on fire

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Coricus Coricus

I found your sig.

Also Dark Pit is a cooler character than I thought he would be. It's a shame Smash made him a cheap, dollar store clone when he has the potential to be so much more. Here's hoping he gets Luigified in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom