• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Evangelion manga is truly ****ed up. There's a scene of Shinji crossdressing and prancing about.
What's ****ed up about that you may ask?
Shinji is happy. That's breaking the first rule of the franchise
He crossdress in the anime too. He has to take up Asuka's suit because he didn't have one on him. (And also, for some reason, he had girl outift while training with Asuka)
In fact, did you know that, Shinji is basically Nadia from Nadia : The Secret of the blue water but male? Really, take a look at this.

Shinij was going to be a girl at first. But since the two previous show of Gainax had heroine as the main character (Nadia and LCLC). They changed Shinji's gender to have a male protagonist.
So, we could have get three girl piloting giant mecha robot being traumatized for life.
Yeah, that would have been fun.:troll:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What did you give him before?
We didnt give him any human food before and We used to to just put his pills in his mouth by hand

Now we just give him peanut butter to make it easy. no one in the house eats peanut butter much anymore but my dog so I just call it dog food now:138:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Traded and got a perfect Ditto

Hopefully breeding will be a little easier now

Ivander

Smash Legend
After my luck streak of my first 10 boxes with 3 having Legendaries and 2 having Christmas costumes, it took me 15 boxes to get another Legendary that wasn't a Christmas costume(although admittingly, it was the one Sombra legendary I wanted). Despite losing the luck streak with the Legendaries for a bit, I did get Lucio's Christmas costume as well as Symmetra's Christmas highlight. Here's hoping my luck streak comes back at some point, cause I want the Reaper, Winston and Zenyatta costumes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow, I didn't know you lay in Olivia's bed in Sun/ Moon

So much for Lillie's bed being the best

D

Deleted member

Another controversial opinion,

I'd rather have Frogger over Goemon any day.
If you want a controversial character-related opinion, I think NiGHTS is an overrated character suggestion, but I'm all for a NiGHTS stage along with some music remixes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Dogs can't eat Garlic or Macadamia nuts either

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
****, Passimian fainted due to the Toxic my Wimpod gave it along with Great Ballls being useless.

So much for having that ball playing monkey on my side.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If you want a controversial character-related opinion, I think NiGHTS is an overrated character suggestion, but I'm all for a NiGHTS stage along with some music remixes.
*thinks about NiGHTS Into Dreams. . . gameplay*

Yeah, yeah, they don't really do that much, do they? I mean the character concept itself has a lot of potential which is why they made an incredible car in Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, but from a purely gameplay standpoint there is quite a bit less to what they do than their abilities would imply.

I wouldn't say they're overrated considering how many other third party characters rank over them in popularity, although I may be looking in the wrong places. The main time I saw them pop up was when people tried to pick hypothetical second third party characters for each company but still forced themselves to stick to the "each third party franchise gets only one character" rule.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You do know that Chocolate is poisonous to cats and dogs, right?
It's supposed to be.....yet my one dog has eaten, to our shagrin, around, I'd say, 30-50 grams of chocolate(basically, lots and I do mean, lots) and that includes the likes of donuts, cookies, cake and brownies in addition to chocolate bars. And yet miraculously she is still with us. But it doesn't help that in at least once or twice a year, we forget to put something with chocolate in a safe spot from our dogs and she ends up eating the whole lot, although sometimes to our luck, she doesn't go after some things.
Either way, it's at the point where my father has stated that if she ends up with liver problems, he's not paying for them.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only reason NiGHTS would be an overrated character is because Reala is better

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to post this from a few days ago, but here are the results from the favorite Trial Captain poll:

Acerola: 9 votes
Ilima: 2 votes
Sophocles: 2 votes
Lana: 1 vote
Mina: 1 vote

Kiawe and Mallow both had 0 votes.

It turns out this girl was the fan-favorite Trial Captain here in Nintenzone, overwhelmingly crushing the other Trial Captains by a lead of 7 votes..

Looks like Acerola is certainly quite the popular Trial Captain, and I can't blame her. She's adorable, had a fun trial, was active in the plot, and even had a decently challenging battle.

D

Deleted member

And now, the last episode of Izetta
@Lord Dio don't open if you haven't wached it yet
No kiss 0/10

In all seriousness, the ending was great, Izetta sacrificing herself to absorb all the magic is really sad, especially as she's constantly smiling through all of it.

Sieg dying was also kinda sad, especially since they leave it pretty clear why he wasn't able to shoot the soldier.

Sophie reveals it was Matthias who ordered her execution to preventthe church from considering them heretics.
I kinda get what he was attempting to do but putting the woman you love that saved your kingdom on the stake is a **** move, even if the anime tried to pass it as justifiable.

Speaking of Strawman Has a Point, Berkman trying to save his own ass after Otto ordered his execution is shown as the ultimate betrayal but... we are never given a reason as to why it was done and I'm pretty sure no one would remain loyal to their country after their leader orders your death for nothing. At least he survives and ends up in 'Murica. Also, plane guy who I forgot the name is probably died in his last battle so RIP, I liked him.

The war's course then turns against Germania, ending with Otto's suicide.
Lol at Volga breaking the non-aggresion pact with them, I love some irony

The end of the war kinda felt rushed but then again, this show was always about WWII with witches and no one wants to watch what would basically be WWII: anime edition but no witches

Overall, I really liked this anime but I feel like there was a lot of room for improvement. 7.8/10 too much magic.
And hey, Izetta survived so that's neat. I thought they could pull this off but I'm somewhat glad they did.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Extremely Controversial Smash Opinion: Adding a character for the sake of diversity is dumb.

Just roll my eyes at the people wanting Doc Louis because he would be the first black fighter in Smash.

You don't see Corrin supporters wanting him because of him being possibly bisexual.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Forgot to post this from a few days ago, but here are the results from the favorite Trial Captain poll:

Acerola: 9 votes
Ilima: 2 votes
Sophocles: 2 votes
Lana: 1 vote
Mina: 1 vote

Kiawe and Mallow both had 0 votes.

It turns out this girl was the fan-favorite Trial Captain here in Nintenzone, overwhelmingly crushing the other Trial Captains by a lead of 7 votes..

Looks like Acerola is certainly quite the popular Trial Captain, and I can't blame her. She's adorable, had a fun trial, was active in the plot, and even had a decently challenging battle.
I didn't vote but I would probably have picked her too.

Although I do like Kiawe, his trial was hilarious

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's supposed to be.....yet my one dog has eaten, to our shagrin, around, I'd say, 30-50 grams of chocolate(basically, lots and I do mean, lots) and that includes the likes of donuts, cookies, cake and brownies in addition to chocolate bars. And yet miraculously she is still with us. But it doesn't help that in at least once or twice a year, we forget to put something with chocolate in a safe spot from our dogs and she ends up eating the whole lot, although sometimes to our luck, she doesn't go after some things.
Either way, it's at the point where my father has stated that if she ends up with liver problems, he's not paying for them.
My stupid Chihuahua once ate one of my big heresy kisses once before, Had the craps for days

And now, the last episode of Izetta
@Lord Dio don't open if you haven't wached it yet
No kiss 0/10

In all seriousness, the ending was great, Izetta sacrificing herself to absorb all the magic is really sad, especially as she's constantly smiling through all of it.

Sieg dying was also kinda sad, especially since they leave it pretty clear why he wasn't able to shoot the soldier.

Sophie reveals it was Matthias who ordered her execution to preventthe church from considering them heretics.
I kinda get what he was attempting to do but putting the woman you love that saved your kingdom on the stake is a **** move, even if the anime tried to pass it as justifiable.

Speaking of Strawman Has a Point, Berkman trying to save his own *** after Otto ordered his execution is shown as the ultimate betrayal but... we are never given a reason as to why it was done and I'm pretty sure no one would remain loyal to their country after their leader orders your death for nothing. At least he survives and ends up in 'Murica. Also, plane guy who I forgot the name is probably died in his last battle so RIP, I liked him.

The war's course then turns against Germania, ending with Otto's suicide.
Lol at Volga breaking the non-aggresion pact with them, I love some irony

The end of the war kinda felt rushed but then again, this show was always about WWII with witches and no one wants to watch what would basically be WWII: anime edition but no witches

Overall, I really liked this anime but I feel like there was a lot of room for improvement. 7.8/10 too much magic.
And hey, Izetta survived so that's neat. I thought they could pull this off but I'm somewhat glad they did.
So how is that Yuri bait tasting?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Extremely Controversial Smash Opinion: Adding a character for the sake of diversity is dumb.
"Controversial"
The vast majority of people couldn't give a **** about how a character identifies or what ethnicity they are.
They only care if they're fun and if it's a character they want

Just roll my eyes at the people wanting Doc Louis because he would be the first black fighter in Smash.
Well that's just disrespectful to Mr G&W

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another controversial opinion,

I'd rather have Frogger over Goemon any day.
I second this.

Frogger is the biggest loss from how Konami's been going. :p

----
In other news, I got an Emboar from Island Scan today, so that was neat.

D

Deleted member

You don't see Corrin supporters wanting him because of him being possibly bisexual.
I somewhat disagree with this
Wanting a character simply for the sake of diversity is dumb(as in, if the character adds nothing as a fighter or other things that would make their addition shoehorned), but I also feel it's important and diversity should be added if given the chance.
It's cool to have representation and I certainly like that we finally have a LGBT character with Corrin.
Though honestly, I really wish Smash had more non-blond females(well, just more females in general tbh), because I'm tired of so many of them

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

And don't forget wanting female characters for the sake of their biology. Many fans tend to make that mistake, especially when Bayonetta and Rosalina had more things going for them.

Unfortunately, there was one guy on Gamefaqs that wanted Corrin just because of his/hersexuality. Might as well throw in Birdo for the same reason.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I agree, I feel like a character should get in on their own merits rather than on the merits of their category. We'll get a wider variety of characters when Nintendo makes them and they become successful.

Nintendo initially designed Inkling with the intention of creating a strong female character and then added the male later on (and Inklings can be designed as having minority skin colors upon character creation themselves), so it's entirely possible it will happen naturally with time. In the meanwhile, adding D-list and in some cases borderline caricature characters just for the sake of having them doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Ivander

Smash Legend

No, trust me. That last bit actually is a thing. Before Corrin was confirmed for Smash, when it was confirmed that Corrin could marry Niles as a boy or Rhajat as a girl, some people actually did that. Thankfully not everybody.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, does it really matter why someone wants something? It's not like they're saying they're objectively likelier because they fill a quota.

Getting annoyed at someone for wanting something for a reason you don't like just seems incredibly petty.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
What the actual **** is Evangelion? I know it'a supposed to be a drama instead of a mecha anime but I am puzzled as all hell
It's a Mecha anime that evolves into something deeper by the later half of the story with the ultimate climax with the movie "End of Evangelion"

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Traded and got a perfect Ditto

Hopefully breeding will be a little easier now
And I'm still breeding 6 iv Pokemon to different egg groups lol I only have 6iv males in 3 egg groups (Water 2, grass, and amorphous. Grass and amorphous are the same Pokemon though..) breeding genderless Pokemon is going to be a hassle though..

Also my first battle in the "battle of Alola" tournament was between Palossand, and Araquanid lol Palossand don't care about your Water bubble STABbed liquidation.. (granted there were no items but eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom