• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just watched the newest episode of Sun and Moon.

I'm sure some are wondering if Ash caught that Litten. If you really want to know...

...he didn't.

Ash decided against catching it when he learned the reason why it was snatching food and berries: because it was only trying to feed the Stoutland it lives with.

It's basically a similar situation where Ash originally opposed catching Rowlet because he thought the Pokemon would be happier with its family than with a trainer.

But even though Ash didn't catch the Litten, it was still a pretty good episode. Learning Litten's backstory was pretty sweet, and you couldn't help but feel bad for the poor thing when that Alola Persian arrived every now and then to steal the food from it. Thank goodness Ash was there to scare that Persian off, but it was even more satisfying when Litten landed the Ember on Persian and scared it off when it got burned.

In the past seven episodes, I noticed there is a theme of fatherhood going on. First you have Ash's Rowlet who was living with a family of Pikipecks, a Trumbeak, and a Toucannon, and the Toucannon was its father-figure. You can tell Toucannon cared for it like a father by sending it off to Ash when it sensed how attached Rowlet had become to him.

Then you have Litten's Stoutland. The dream Litten has in this episode shows how it sees the Pokemon as a comfort-figure similar to a father, and the Stoutland even acts as a mentor-figure by teaching Litten how to improve the strength of its Ember attack. The Ember originally starts out weak at the beginning, but as the episode progresses, its attack becomes stronger and stronger to the point it culminates in the final battle against Alola Persian.

And perhaps you could even say Kukui is a father-figure for Ash at the moment since he looks over Ash much like a dad.

Speaking of Kukui, we had a funny moment during the episode where we learn Kukui tends to sleep on his computer table.

Back to Litten, if Ash were to catch it, I have a feeling it will take some time. It would probably be similar to Ash's Sandile back in Unova, where Ash encountered it very early on, but he didn't catch it right away. After a few encounters, he finally caught it.

Next week's episode should be pretty fun now that Lillie will finally have her own episode.
Seeing Kukui as Ashes father seems adorable, like really adorable to me and idk why

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I mean, they definitely will, or at least probably will. Actually I sorta hope they do, sorta hope they don't. I think it'd be pretty interesting if by the end of it all, Universe 7 is declared winners at the expense of of innumerable lives.

I don't think they're planning any new stories after this, iirc Super was only meant to be 100 episodes, and this arc could probably finish that up.
I used to think but Dragon ball Super is doing huge over there(even beating one piece in terms of viewers sometimes and thats like the biggest manga series over there).I think there gonna milk the series till at least 150 episodes maybe even 200.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Buyed Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on Wii U VC.
Since it's my first Castlevania, it will be quit the experience.

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone, I'm back after being at my aunt's for the weekend. I didn't bother reading most of the posts between here and page 1603 because it would've taken me waaaay too long to do so.
Also, I saw the Generations episode. It wasn't bad. Wasn't anything spectacular but it was a hell lot better than the last one.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Obviously this means that Wolf is coming back.
Wait. . .what?

Well that's. . .bizarre. It's a sign that someone is still doing something with the game, but other than that I have no idea what to make of it.

I'm not sure how much use it could have in synch with a Switch port. An attempt to keep the series on people's minds during the waiting period after Smash Switch is announced? But only people who play Smash consistently and have Spotpass on would likely even notice it . . .Perhaps gift horse dentistry isn't the best idea, but I'm having a hard time understanding if and what angle there is to this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait. . .what?

Well that's. . .bizarre. It's a sign that someone is still doing something with the game, but other than that I have no idea what to make of it.

I'm not sure how much use it could have in synch with a Switch port. An attempt to keep the series on people's minds during the waiting period after Smash Switch is announced? But only people who play Smash consistently and have Spotpass on would likely even notice it . . .Perhaps gift horse dentistry isn't the best idea, but I'm having a hard time understanding if and what angle there is to this.
What i'm interested is what they mean by customs becoming easier to get.

Maybe they'll implement a custom shop of sorts that will enable a user to buy customs instead of having to farm for them in Smash Run (even harder on the Wii U version).

D

Deleted member

Oh and before I forget
....I'm honestly not on board with this bandwagon.
I do have some rather contraversial opinions about Smash but I'd rather not post them here because it could potentially cause an arguement, and I have a very low self confidence. You'll be able to see what I mean if you go back to Social thread 3 and see my introduction post... My confidence may have improved overtime but I still don't want my attitude to get worse than it already is....

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Happy Birthday Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , Mega Man, and my 9 year old niece!

Today I was informally invited to become a Freemason. Interesting, huh?

D

Deleted member

Guess who finished reading Wandering Son and is almost crying because of it? This ****** right here
Bokura no Hentai had a mostly depressing tone throughout it but it had a very happy ending.
This, however, was an emotional rollercoaster because the manga didn't know if it wanted to make its characters happy or sad and by the end of it I'm feeling bad for some of them and got a sorta open ending to the main character, though, thankfully, it's implied as a happy ending.
BnH also had a Book Ends ending and I'm a **** for those
Overall, I give WS a 8.5/10 because playing with my emotions like this is not okay

I need to stop reading manga like these because I'm always gonna end emotionally unstable after every single ****ing chapter.
*Looks at MAL's recommendations section*
Oh what's this!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In Pokémon Sun and Moon, you know that balancing animation where your character catches themselves before they fall by regaining their balance (for example, when you try to run through rocky roads)? Well, it turns out you can also activate that animation by continuously clicking (B) to run rather then holding it.

Kind of a strange little thing.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Never done this yet so ....here we go lol.
Even if Banjo Kazooie wasn't owned by MS I still would not want him near Smash Bros.
Thats defo controversial.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh yeah about Banjo...

As much as I love and adore the Banjo games on the N64, I just don't want him in Smash Bros as long as he's owned by Microsoft.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Never done this yet so ....here we go lol.
Even if Banjo Kazooie wasn't owned by MS I still would not want him near Smash Bros.
Thats defo controversial.
How come?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
i thought of another pokemon. Turtaqua. It's Water/Steel and is kinda like Torterra but with a Water biodome on its back.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
How come?
I'm just gonna echo Swamp here, because I'm curious too- why?
After looking at gameplay vids and potential moveset vids/ his thread here I coudln't find anything exciting moveset wise. I'm sure he'd be fun but I find every character at least a bit fun anyway.

Normally I'd be fine with characters I don't care about but I don't like his design aesthetcially. The bird is ok but the bear and his bag I'd have to get used to and I'd rather not have to get used to him and all that hassle therefore I dont want him. Sounds like a stupid reason I know, but its valid enough for me.

Yooka-Laylee would be much better additions in every way imo except that they don't have much history while BK is a N64 icon - I never even knew of him (or Megaman) until Smash 4 speculation/first reveal trailer.

Well, he sounded familiar but thats cos I must have seen Megaman's VC games. Smash 4's first trailer got me into Smash. :D

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I love Banjo-Kazooie (still need to get back to Nuts & Bolts), I don't see them happening in Smash (regardless what Phil Spencer has said).

Last edited:

Mrdiscount

Smash Rookie
I think Banjo would be like Duck Hunt or similar to Duck Hunt, plus he's owned by Microsoft, so it would never happen anyways

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
After looking at gameplay vids and potential moveset vids/ his thread here I coudln't find anything exciting moveset wise. I'm sure he'd be fun but I find every character at least a bit fun anyway.

Normally I'd be fine with characters I don't care about but I don't like his design aesthetcially. The bird is ok but the bear and his bag I'd have to get used to and I'd rather not have to get used to him and all that hassle therefore I dont want him. Sounds like a stupid reason I know, but its valid enough for me.

Yooka-Laylee would be much better additions in every way imo except that they don't have much history while BK is a N64 icon - I never even knew of him (or Megaman) until Smash 4 speculation/first reveal trailer.

Well, he sounded familiar but thats cos I must have seen Megaman's VC games. Smash 4's first trailer got me into Smash. :D
Yooka-Laylee wouldn't make sense if they never appeared on a Nintendo console.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still remember back when Cloud was shown off, Banjo and Kazooie were suddenly deemed as "far more likely". That... was not a fun time.

:094:
People who think Sony owns anything related to FF7.

But also forgets that FF7 remake is a PS4 timed exclusive and will be on Xbone, PC and possibly Switch in the near future

Ivander

Smash Legend
I still remember back when Cloud was shown off, Banjo and Kazooie were suddenly deemed as "far more likely". That... was not a fun time.

:094:
I'm sure that happened the moment Phil Spencer mentioned Banjo Kazooie after the Smash Ballot was announced.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yooka-Laylee wouldn't make sense if they never appeared on a Nintendo console.
they still might on Switch.

I don't think they much chance, even just out of indies.
---
In other thoughts I only discovered Yooka-Laylee is £34.99 on Steam (pre-purchase). Didn't expect it to be so expensive!!! Might buy it on a good enough sale I guess.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The waifu tax is real.

That's like 85 bucks, yo.
The Skull Grunts card is better, yo.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Banjo and Kazooie not being in Smash saddens me.

If Nintendo bought Rare when they were offered to, I guarantee Banjo would have been in by now.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Banjo and Kazooie not being in Smash saddens me.

If Nintendo bought Rare when they were offered to, I guarantee Banjo would have been in by now.
Yeah I can agree with that.

Maybe Banjo's looks wouldn't bug me as much or at all in Smash 4's artsyle/proportions but I can't imagine how he would look. (smashified isn't completely accurate. Tho some characters rrly look like they were copied and pasted from Smash 4 like Vaati while others like K Rool not quite imho.)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Waiting the next episode of Hellsing Abridged be like:
tumblr_o0kcs88G0Q1ulj9ivo1_540.png
Good lord, when they are going to diffuse episode 7?! I need to see it!! (I honestly prefer Hellsing Abridged over DBZ Abrigded. Not that I dislike the latter, but I just prefer the former)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Yeah, honestly I'll probably get funny looks for this but I dislike Banjo aesthetically as well. Although with me I think it goes a bit further, as I find that Rare's design work isn't to my tastes in general.

Not that I'd necessarily raise too much of a fuss if Banjo were added outside of the utter shock of it occurring, but considering people seem to completely ignore the implications of his ownership by Microsoft and insist his chances are fairly high and any time someone insists a character's chances are high they end up getting upset when the character doesn't get in and start taking it out on whatever character did. . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does "Belch" work if you use a berry on a pokemon, or only if it's equipped with one and eats it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom