• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As much as I'd hate to jump in on this Fire Emblem circle-jerk, I'd like to present my new TV show idea.

"Who lives in a Pinap-berry under the sea?"

View attachment 122485
Too bad I can't evolve my underleveled pile of eggs until I'm done with Poni Island's last trial.

No Leaf Stone yet.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not too into FE myself, but I found the "My Unit" and marriage stuff less appealing than simply being given a cast of characters. Though I can see why others like it.

The having kids thing works for the sake of "video game eugenics". Gotta have the strongest kids to fight with.

Did it bother you with the Pokemon games or Mega Man Battle Network?
Pokemon and BN were the same game in all fronts.

Fates had a different map design, story, characters, weapons, classes and music pretty much locked in separate games.

Unless Battle Network 3 White had a different plot than Blue then I'll agree but it didn't and both games were the same with minor differences.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Too bad I can't evolve my underleveled pile of eggs until I'm done with Poni Island's last trial.

No Leaf Stone yet.
Fly back to Olivia's shop.

Then can you encounter what my circle call the Shin Poke-mon no kami, Alolan Exeggutor.

The closest pokemon we have to a sponge is technically Tentacool or Frillish
Yes, but who plays Patchy the Pirate?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Random question for the Pokemon anime watchers... What do you think of Lillie's portrayal in the anime as opposed to the games?

I am really not a fan of how the anime is handling her, but that's mostly because Lillie in the games is probably my favorite character to come out of a mainline Pokemon game period. I really don't like the whole 'Pokephobe' trope, nor do I like some details that the preview of the next episode seem to entail. But I figured I'd see what some of you think.
I'm not the biggest fan of Lillie's Pokephobia either, but I have hope that the anime will explore the reason for that later on.

Personally, I have a headcannon right now that Lillie's Pokephobia had something to do with Lusamine's treatment toward her: either she abused Lillie using Pokemon, or more likely, she used Pokemon to intimidate her. Lillie's butler eventually became so disgusted with Lusamine's action toward her daughter that he took Lillie away and escaped.

The butler looks like a jolly good fellow based on the previews, but there could be more to him that meets the eye that might be revealed later on.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fly back to Olivia's shop.

Then can you encounter what my circle call the Shin Poke-mon no kami, Alolan Exeggutor.

Yes, but who plays Patchy the Pirate?
Patchy is their trainer

Or Dhelmise I guess

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pokemon and BN were the same game in all fronts.

Fates had a different map design, story, characters, weapons, classes and music pretty much locked in separate games.

Unless Battle Network 3 White had a different plot than Blue then I'll agree but it didn't and both games were the same with minor differences.
Right, but I wasn't sure if you disliked not getting certain Pokemon and teams with R/S, or Boss fights/transformations in Battle Network's case.

Though having two similar games with different levels when you could have one gigantic game would be irksome.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat Color Splash today.

Pretty tough final boss. I had to do a lot of prep before fighting it, as I was low on cards and coins. I liked the ending.

It was pretty good for a Paper Mario game. I hope we can get another but with more classic play styles like the older games. The story aspects combined with partners and the old battle system could lead to a great .

I'd love to see the people behind the game make a new game in the style of the originals. It could be pretty good imo.

Now to play through Xenoblade Chronicles X and my Wii U backlist will be complete.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Trying to get a second 4 IV ditto

Maybe I can get one with perfect Special/ Special Defense

It'd help me greatly

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
for anyone who cares about Dragon ball Super.The next arc is gonna be intense. Goku gonna be the cause of trillions of peoples death all because he wanted to fight in other universes lol

Chrono.

for anyone who cares about Dragon ball Super.The next arc is gonna be intense. Goku gonna be the cause of trillions of peoples death all because he wanted to fight in other universes lol
We all know they gonna come back in the end somehow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Trying to get a second 4 IV ditto

Maybe I can get one with perfect Special/ Special Defense

It'd help me greatly
Turns out the DItto was only 2 IV'd

...But guess WHICH 2 IV's it had?

Special and Special Defense!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just caught a shiny Adamant Wishiwashi!

Has best Ivs in HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Defense.

It will be a monster!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There are 3 birthdays today, which is pretty cool
The Simpsons! Although the show has gone on for so long that it should at the very least have had a hiatus some time, it's still had charming episodes and predicted irl stuff
Mega Man! The run and gun game that everybody knows and loves, be it classic, X, Battle Network, Zero, Starforce, Legends and ZX

And most importantly...

MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My ventures in the Sun Moon GTS in a nutshell....

'This Pokemon was already traded'

Thanks for teasing me jackass!!!

Though I did manage to get myself a Goomy and Feebas, which are both huge pains to find otherwise so we gud...(ten minutes later I get a Goomy in Wondertrade....regrets)

Chrono.

So they're finally showing Dragon Quest XI.
You can go through that Tweet's replies for other gifs and the like.

Big takeaways:
- PS4 and 3DS almost totally different
- 3DS seems to be more classic?
- PS4 is open world
- No Switch version announced as of yet

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Simpsons! Although the show has gone on for so long that it should at the very least have had a hiatus some time, it's still had charming episodes and predicted irl stuff
Mega Man! The run and gun game that everybody knows and loves, be it classic, X, Battle Network, Zero, Starforce, Legends and ZX

And most importantly...

It was The Simpsons birthday today?

The show is stilll going on?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Thanks for teasing me *******!!!

Though I did manage to get myself a Goomy and Feebas, which are both huge pains to find otherwise so we gud...(ten minutes later I get a Goomy in Wondertrade....regrets)
You just reminded me I didn't have a feebas

I traded my dramp for one over the GTS

It's in a Beast Ball

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Thanks for teasing me *******!!!

Im probably gonna bring over my goomy from X in Jauary

D

Deleted member

Somewhat late reply but whatever, I got animes to discuss
@Zoroarking Caught up to the penultimate episode of Bungo Stray Dogs.

I like how Francis was given a kind of sympathetic reason for his actions, even if the reveal came kind of out of nowhere. Also interesting to see Atsushi and Akutagawa team up against the main villain. Francis really sums up how they're not so different from one another (notice me, Dazai-san) and that does seem to kick some kind of character development for them.

Of course, speaking of Dazai, his philosophical ramblings on the meaning of life are perhaps ironic considering his many suicide attempts, but I like how his talk with Kyouka brings the flashback arc from earlier in the season to a full circle by drawing parallels between her and Odasaku. My guess is that she will fight alongside Atsushi and Akutagawa against Francis for the climatic finale and all that.

And it's really great to see Atsushi finally gaining control over his ability with his new weretiger transformation. Now to see him and Akutagawa finish Francis once and for all.

Also funny is how Francis shares the same voice actor as Cloud Strife and that Zelda appears as a Aerith reference in Cloud's Smash trailer, considering Francis's wife is named Zelda (which is, of course, a reference to Zelda Fitzgerald, the wife of writer Francis Fitzgerald)...

Anyway, I'll be off now.
I didn't feel like it came out of nowhere. After all, he needed some reason to want to wipe out the city(and that's actually more explored in the 10 current chapters that the anime didn't adapt). He's still a jerk, I mean, yeah, he's doing it for his family but he's willing to kill THOUSANDS of people for it... BUT at the same time he's doing it for his family and he even sacrifices all of his wealth for it, and seeing him, the embodiment of capitalism, do that really hits you.

Dazai's rambling about living are more of an echo of Odasaku's words than his own. He really did seel death during his mafia days and Oda's last words are probably the only reason that he's still alive. The reason he keeps living and trying to save people ia not for his own sake but rather because not doing those things would be an offense to Oda's wish.
Though I still find ot funny that this happens:
"Dazai, protect the orphans"
"Got you fam"
*leaves Akutagawa*

On the VA thing, man, am I bad on reconising them, I realized Rohan shared his VA with Reigen from Mob Psycho 100 early on but I only noticed it was also Cloud's VA when it was pointed out to me. And now as I play Fitzgerald's voice in my head I realise it's the same one...
I want a "I refuse" video edit with Francis now

And finally, go watch the last episode because there's so much stuff I want to discuss about it and it's a really great season ending.
Also, I recommend reading the manga after it because as it's now at 47.5 chapters, with 37 being adapted, another season will take some time.
The only thing I'm gonna say about it is: I love how BSD doesn't forget its characters, in other animes, all the Guild members would have been taken out of action by the time their arc ends and never seen again but the manga ties most of them into the plot of the next arc.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Just randomly found this in X.

Though catching it did mess up my EV training a little bit.

Ah well. The 2 EVs in Special Defense won't hurt my team that much.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So they're finally showing Dragon Quest XI.
You can go through that Tweet's replies for other gifs and the like.

Big takeaways:
- PS4 and 3DS almost totally different
- 3DS seems to be more classic?
- PS4 is open world
- No Switch version announced as of yet
Why couldn't Xenoverse 2 look like this?

When they say Open world, does that include real-time combat?

Wait, so, I take it the losers of the tournaments get their universes destroyed?

Guess I should have seen that coming.

edit: Yup, definitely seems like it. Gotta admit, never was a fan of the whole, "ultra-****ing-OP beings having little to no care for the lives of others and having no one to keep them in check" thing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And most importantly...

Hard to believe trash was born so close to christmas
Well, guess you need to balance things in life somehow.
I'm gonna go throw a whole cake in the trash can to celebrate this anniversary because I know you'd eat all of it anyways, it'll be as if you were right by my side :p

Now without covering myself in 10 layers of sarcasm to hide the fact that you're a really cool but I'm too insecure to admit it:
Happy birthday

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OK.
Catching up on last night's Jojo. I am disappoint. The random stranger looked like low budget crap in the manga scene, yet despite the QUALITY KWEEN BITE THE BUDGET last week, the rando looked good. First they removed Kira's summer camp line now this smh

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yay, catching ANOTHER pokemon with self-destruct

It's awesome that NONE of the pokemon with damp can learn False Swipe

Luckily I don't need hidden ability

I just have to wait for the right minior color

D

Deleted member

OK.
Catching up on last night's Jojo. I am disappoint. The random stranger looked like low budget crap in the manga scene, yet despite the QUALITY KWEEN BITE THE BUDGET last week, the rando looked good. First they removed Kira's summer camp line now this smh
W-why are you complaining about quality?
But man, it's sad that there's only one episode left, I hope they confirm Part 5 adaptation soon so I don't have to worry about it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Other than the not so surprising news of Boruto coming next April, the second season of Boku no Hero Academia will debut the same month.

Hope you are ready for more Delaware Smash @Zoroarking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom