• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy 29th birthday to the Blue Bomber, the Super Fighting Robot, Rock himself, Mega Man! I've been a fan for a while, and I hope he gets another chance to fight to save the world in a new game of his own soon.

Speaking of Mega Man...

http://www.strawpoll.me/11892282
Tough choice between classic Mega Man and MMX, but Mega Man X1 - X4 are among my favorite games ever. Not that MM2 and 3 aren't as well.

I need to familiarize myself more with Battle Network on of these days.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Digimon's three first seasons were way better than Pokémon imo. What it killed it was the music changes in the American version.

The Digirap was the ultimate mood killer
I still want the same dub team that did the first 3 seasons to do a redub but with the Japanese music and less censorship.

I would love to hear Brave Heart when also hearing "Agumon Digivolves to....."

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Now, I know Decidueye's not the most ghastly looking 'mon out there... but I do think there's someone we might be forgetting that might just look even less like a ghost.

:094:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Alright. It's a alien of sorts, well, the legend/lore, anyway. Definitely has mist coming from it that can cause some clear sickness. Mistneila or maybe Neilamist might work. Or even Mistyneila. Mostly just reversing alien and adding Mist to it.
Well, these are not bad but I'm not really feeling any of them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can I just say that I've always disliked Eggexcutor's(or however you spell it)line. People talk about uncreative Pokemon designs, even for Gen 1, but never the one that's literally just a half dozen eggs. And then it's a Coconut tree. Though it isn't my most hated Pokemon.

But then I'm weird for saying that I like Chandelure. At least it has a natural progression, an interesting typing that matches it's theme.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't like it but the anime's gonna anime.

I fully expect the Ultra Beasts to be some misunderstood monsters that can talk to Ash and are being controlled by some anime original character.
To be honest, I don't see something not too different from that being compleeetely off the mark.

I actually do think they're a bit misunderstood. . .or perhaps more accurately, understood but in unfortunate circumstances. The issue is that they've been ripped from their home universe and dropped into a world that confuses them as much as the Ultra universe would confuse us and an ecosystem they're far too powerful for. The horrible things they do seem explained in-game as more really unfortunate side effects of their defense mechanisms or basic biology than anything actively malevolent.

The Guzzlord incident in particular seems like it has a lot of potential to be a tragic accident rather than on purpose. The thing is endlessly hungry, never mind desperately looking for a way home and wounded and about to be killed. It could have been a desperate attempt to feed itself, or to get home, or even a confused dying attempt to defend itself. I don't think it fell into an alternate dimension and thought, "You know what would be fun to day? Killing everything for kicks." The whole thing is horrifying, to be sure, but I don't think it was done out of malevolence.

Then there's Kartana that isn't even violent. Pheromosa who's disturbed to even touch anything and has a biological ability that's going to cause a LOT of problems on that front. Buzzwole communicates in a way that can't quite be reasoned out but is an attempt to say SOMETHING. Nihilego is so alien that it isn't even known if it thinks but still manages to have the horrific things it does to people explained as a defense mechanism. It's not that they're evil, it's that they just don't belong.

They're horrifying, yeah, but. . .so is what normal Pokemon do at times. These are just cranked up to eleven because they're meant for a different universe's ecosystem entirely.

I picture the kind of misunderstood involved being more like that one Genesect movie than anything. Wrecking the world because it's not what they remember and they're confused and terrified, not because they have some kind of evil plan going on.

Or they could just do the opposite and make them full evil instead of leaving ambiguity. I can see Pokemon swinging in the opposite direction instead.

The talking thing would probably be unfitting considering how alien and unknown they are, though.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I miss back when Sega the spine to localize the Puyo Puyo games.

If only they stoped caring about the mainstream audience for their games today.
Yeah, screw the casuals and modern audiences.

Let's remove the weaboo pandering like waifus, children, and easy modes. Fire Emblem would sell so much better that way.

Am I doing it right?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yeah, screw the casuals and modern audiences.

Let's remove the weaboo pandering like waifus, children, and easy modes. Fire Emblem would sell so much better that way.

Am I doing it right?
> Doesn't complain about how pointless the dual release is along with cringeworthy voice acting/confession scenes.

Literally the worst "hardcore, weaboo hating, Fire Emblem fanboy impression I've ever heard out of you.

Come back to me when you get it right.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
> Doesn't complain about how pointless the dual release is along with cringeworthy voice acting/confession scenes.

Literally the worst "hardcore, weaboo hating, Fire Emblem fanboy impression I've ever heard out of you.

To be fair, dual release was and still is stupid. The reason why I didn't buy Fates.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Dual release? You mean that Birthright and Conqest were seperate?

I kinda agree. If they just worked on one game instead of 3 it would be so much better.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To be fair, dual release was and still is stupid. The reason why I didn't buy Fates.
As much as I hate to agree, that dual release for Fates always felt like a cash grab.

Multiple game difficulties alone should have been enough to appeal to old fans and new ones. If the weeby noobs don't like the hard difficulty, they should git gud.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm not too into FE myself, but I found the "My Unit" and marriage stuff less appealing than simply being given a cast of characters. Though I can see why others like it.

The having kids thing works for the sake of "video game eugenics". Gotta have the strongest kids to fight with.

Did it bother you with the Pokemon games or Mega Man Battle Network?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Interesting.

I actually just thought of one right now that I kinda like. Dewsmay.
Excellent. Glad I could overall help. :)

I still gotta figure out a raven-related name for my Monster line. The other two evolutions are Vulterror and Scarecrow. The problem is, I want to keep it related to the various nightmares/scaring/etc. but still have a good "raven"-related name. It also needs to be just as easy to pronounce. >.<

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But where else will I be able to marry a male as a male. Only fates so by default, fates is a good game to me.

Its also the first FE game I ever played
If Path of Radiance ever comes out on vc or remade or whatever you should check it out. It's the best one.

Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones are good to and they're on the wiiu vc

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Dual release? You mean that Birthright and Conqest were seperate?

I kinda agree. If they just worked on one game instead of 3 it would be so much better.
They are separate in the same vein most Pokemon games were within different generations. Except the plot is drastically different between both despite having different units from each kingdom. And the difficulty too, with Conquest being on par with the older titles (which may be arguable for some veterans) and Birthright being more like Awakening.

That also would have fixed the plot too. Corrin's character, I'll admit that he/she is a
complete trainwreck in. Not really standing up for himself and being Iago/Garon's punching bag throughout.

She is a pretty sweet character honestly. I married her to Niles before and man, I find them to be cute together
Indeed.

Too bad most ignore the good qualities of her, seeing her as " forced living fanservice" than a character.

If the weeby noobs don't like the hard difficulty, they should git gud.

Watch out, we got an elitist here. :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember when Fire Emblem was one of those Nintendo franchises that earned you hipster cred, but with the success and popularity of Awakening and Fates, it's now "cool".

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I remember when Fire Emblem was one those Nintendo franchises that earned you hipster cred, but with the success and popularity of Awakening and Fates, it's now "cool".
And watch history repeat itself with the Fire Emblem mobile game too.

And we all know how well that worked for Pokemon GO.

Not sorry.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And watch history repeat itself with the Fire Emblem mobile game too.

And we all know how well that worked for Pokemon GO.

Not sorry.
Why, why did you have to involve that little ankle biter in this? :urg:

And I swear if he makes a meme song for the Fire Emblem mobile game.....

D

Deleted member

So is Xenoblade filling that spot now?
Yes, especially if you're like me and you played the first game before a certain Monado Boy really felt his way into Smash.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this FE talk and i'm reminded that I still haven't finished my run in Awakening that I started this past Summer. Guess I outta add that to the bucket list of games.

Though TBH the game feels a bit slow somewhat. The newer FE's don't have the same charm as the GBA ones IMO.

D

Deleted member

Fates also does have honestly the least interesting protagonist in a Fire Emblem too.
That's saying a TON considering that many FE protagonists hardly have any character, not all, but a lot. Mainly Lyn, Marth, and Roy. Leif and Alm from what I've heard. Some come close like Eliwood and Chrom, but not quite. Even Hector, as much as I love him, somewhat comes close even though he is a different and more interesting archetype, he's at least a more interesting one which is what leads him to be far more liked.

Corrin regardless of whether or not you like them is actually vital to the story and has actual conflict besides the simplicity of completing a quest of sorts. And I find Corrin to be more interesting than Robin anyway. Especially since Robin suffers from a badly handle plot(that had potential), which also what holds back Chrom as a character too. It's not that uncommon for main FE characters to be not that interesting overall, other units tend to easily be more interesting. I think Ike and the FE4 protagonists are the best in terms of character though. With Ike being my favorite overall by far, since he's not only great in character but especially in gameplay. I also like really the Sacred Stones protagonists, but Lyon being such a great villain and their relationship with him is a big reason why.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know, with Rogue One out, I'm surprised we haven't seen a teaser for Episode 8 to go along with it.

Force Awakens' first teaser came out a whole year before release.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As much as I'd hate to jump in on this Fire Emblem circle-jerk, I'd like to present my new TV show idea.

"Who lives in a Pinap-berry under the sea?"

tmp_14269-790860441355.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom