• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Holy crap! I unlocked the IV checker and my Cosmog has near perfect stats across the board. 4 perfects and the other two are just a hair shy. I know legendaries give you 3 perfects by default but that's still darned good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Holy crap! I unlocked the IV checker and my Cosmog has near perfect stats across the board. 4 perfects and the other two are just a hair shy. I know legendaries give you 3 perfects by default but that's still darned good.
I was checking through my old pokemon I caught and never used, I had a geodude that had nearly perfect IV's, 4 "best" and 2 "Really good" that were extremely close to being perfect. But because it was quiet I never bothered to use it/

Speaking of IV's and Yokai Watch.

I just remembered that the Yokai's personality determines stat growth, and although there is a way to change their personality, certain Yokai can NEVER get certain personalities because it's based on abilities.

So if there is a stat you want to grow, they HAVE to have that ability or they can't raise it. Which sucks, because it means stuff like having a fast Yokai you can't actually raise it's speed

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also today is Megaman's 29th Anniversary.

Happy Birthday, Blue Bomber :4megaman:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
>Implying Digimon was a serious threat to Pokémon

But the Digimon themselves are objectively more stronger and have a bit more character to them compared to Pokémon.

And I can admit I had more enjoyment out of Digimon lately in terms of anime. Can blame my fellow Brazilian Diginerd for keeping me busy.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I wouldn't mind Jibanyan in Smash, but he's not anywhere in my wanted list.

Yo-Kai Watch is a charming series, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ugh. The more I hear about Mario Run, the more I want it. I REALLY hope this is the last time Nintendo pulls this timed Apple Exclusivity ****.

I just want to buy the guy and E-Tank, give him a manly hug and tell him "Maybe next year, buddy."

At least we got X in infinite.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Had I known I would have drawn something.

Happy Birthday, Mega Man!

I may have not played much of the games, but I love Mega Man as a character and the world of the Classic series.

Hope you get a new game soon.

Chrono.

But the Digimon themselves are objectively more stronger and have a bit more character to them compared to Pokémon.

And I can admit I had more enjoyment out of Digimon lately in terms of anime. Can blame my fellow Brazilian Diginerd for keeping me busy.
It's a pretty good time to get back into the series.

An on going anime, plus the games actually getting localized (Cyber Sleuth which came out this year and Next 0rder which comes out next month) and a sequel to Adventure that is actually pretty alright.

Feels good to be a fan.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still curious how that animated show next year will turn out.
The Man of Action can't fail us now.

This got to be as good as the early Ben 10 series and Generator Rex.

Still not digging the idea of him being a high schooler (It's giving me Ghostly Adventures vibes).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Also Decidueye, as much as we know about it currently, doesn't appear to be that ghost-like. Compared to most ghost types blatantly appear to be ghost regardless of what they're based off of. Sableye at least blatantly looks ghost-like.
What a Pokémon appears to look like in comparison to its typing has always been a silly idea since Pokémon was conceived. Some are obvious, yes, but there are some that just don't make sense. Lucario, Exeggutor (Both forms), Sudowoodo, etc..

Sableye, to me, just doesn't have a whole lot of ghost in appearence other then its color scheme, which lots of Pokémon, like Crobat, share. It looks more like a Dark/Rock-Type, because it looks like a very mischievous Pokémon and of course the crystals.

But that's just me.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Pokemon and Digimon are two different franchises that only have a few things in common and didn't directly compete with each other in Japan.

That only happen in America because "LOL IT HAD MON AT THE END" and Saban/Fox Kids were losing ratings to Pokemon in the 90s when Power Rangers went to **** during Turbo (everything after it was good)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokemon and Digimon are two different franchises that only have a few things in common and didn't directly compete with each other in Japan.

That only happen in America because "LOL IT HAD MON AT THE END" and Saban/Fox Kids were losing ratings to Pokemon in the 90s when Power Rangers went to **** during Turbo (everything after it was good)
I've never seen Carranger, but judging by Turbo's Japanese footage I bet it was hilarious

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Still curious how that animated show next year will turn out.
I'll give it a chance, but I was hoping we would have gotten something more faithful.

Mega Man is probably the video game franchise that has the most potential for an awesome TV series. Yet there always seems to be a roadblock in the way.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A little girl was shoving her bean burrito on my face at the bus; joke's on you, Im really sick, enjoy your flu kiddo.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've never seen Carranger, but judging by Turbo's Japanese footage I bet it was hilarious
Carranger is ****ing amazing and is worth a watch. It was a parody of most the Sentai stuff at the time and it's just wonderful.

Turbo was always gonna fail because they can't adapt a somewhat gag series as something serious.

Burruni

Smash Hero
It's got playable Slimanander, who I heard is extremely competitively viable even though he's only a B rank... And he's like my favorite Yokai. So, that's why I still want to play it

Did they solve the problem with the slot machine? I literally had to cheat the in game clock over and over to get tokens and still never got the Yokai I wanted because there is like a 1/10000 chance of getting them or something stupid
Nope. It's just as bad as ever.

Digimon always had a better show; they just struggled more in gaming.
Namely because Sony never had a good handheld markte; which is one of the biggest means for Pokemon's power.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Zoroarking Caught up to the penultimate episode of Bungo Stray Dogs.

I like how Francis was given a kind of sympathetic reason for his actions, even if the reveal came kind of out of nowhere. Also interesting to see Atsushi and Akutagawa team up against the main villain. Francis really sums up how they're not so different from one another (notice me, Dazai-san) and that does seem to kick some kind of character development for them.

Of course, speaking of Dazai, his philosophical ramblings on the meaning of life are perhaps ironic considering his many suicide attempts, but I like how his talk with Kyouka brings the flashback arc from earlier in the season to a full circle by drawing parallels between her and Odasaku. My guess is that she will fight alongside Atsushi and Akutagawa against Francis for the climatic finale and all that.

And it's really great to see Atsushi finally gaining control over his ability with his new weretiger transformation. Now to see him and Akutagawa finish Francis once and for all.

Also funny is how Francis shares the same voice actor as Cloud Strife and that Zelda appears as a Aerith reference in Cloud's Smash trailer, considering Francis's wife is named Zelda (which is, of course, a reference to Zelda Fitzgerald, the wife of writer Francis Fitzgerald)...

Anyway, I'll be off now.

D

Deleted member

Happy 29th birthday to the Blue Bomber, the Super Fighting Robot, Rock himself, Mega Man! I've been a fan for a while, and I hope he gets another chance to fight to save the world in a new game of his own soon.

Speaking of Mega Man...

http://www.strawpoll.me/11892282

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Digimon's three first seasons were way better than Pokémon imo. What it killed it was the music changes in the American version.

The Digirap was the ultimate mood killer

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Happy 29th birthday to the Blue Bomber, the Super Fighting Robot, Rock himself, Mega Man! I've been a fan for a while, and I hope he gets another chance to fight to save the world in a new game of his own soon.

Speaking of Mega Man...

http://www.strawpoll.me/11892282
Despite me not playing much Mega Man, I chose the classic series.

The other timelines and universes (with the exception of the Legends series) never really interested me. I think I would enjoy X's gameplay, but not so much the world. That may change when I eventually play it though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Random question for the Pokemon anime watchers... What do you think of Lillie's portrayal in the anime as opposed to the games?

I am really not a fan of how the anime is handling her, but that's mostly because Lillie in the games is probably my favorite character to come out of a mainline Pokemon game period. I really don't like the whole 'Pokephobe' trope, nor do I like some details that the preview of the next episode seem to entail. But I figured I'd see what some of you think.

D

Deleted member

What a Pokémon appears to look like in comparison to its typing has always been a silly idea since Pokémon was conceived. Some are obvious, yes, but there are some that just don't make sense. Lucario, Exeggutor (Both forms), Sudowoodo, etc..
It's actually always been used for at least pokemon(I mean, aren't the starters and eeveelotions a prime example of this?) , though yes not all of them. I also mean it through the pokemon's background in the actual game too.(Their abilities, biology. etc.) Lucario's the only type that really makes no sense there in terms of both appearance and its theme. Exeguttor and Sudowoodo make sense in both appearance and what they're described as. Suwoodo's whole theme and even biology is that it's not really a tree, so it makes sense for it to be rock rather than grass. It's whole theme is entirely not being what it appears.

Exeguttor is clearly a tree(grass) and has psychic powers due to its powers, which is where the ability and biology part comes into some part more so than appearance. Since Gen 1 non-primary psychic types never looked distinctly psychic, it had more to do with their abilities.(Though why the heck wasn't the psyduck line psychic.) Alola Exeguttor becomes dragon-like, so that's pretty obvious.Mosts ghosts are clearly ghost though. Sableye even having the generic purplish-blue, ghastly smile. Unlike something like Psychic, ghost types usually have a very distinct look, they look like ghosts/phantoms/spirits. Decideye currently has little reason to be ghost other than what it's based on, not is, and having ghastly aura sometimes. However, most of the time it has nothing to do with ghosts whatsoever, so it's not like Sableye where someone just by looking at it can tell it's ghost without knowing what it's based on. Or heck, going back to Exeguttor, at least describe it's powers. Currently there's no in game explanation as to what links Decideye has to being ghost type.

The huge majority of pokemon you can tell what they are through appearance or description. Though there are exceptions here and there.(Psyduck, Lugia, and Groudon for instance. Though Groudon ended up being sort of fixed anyway.) The one that actually annoys me though is Gyrados, it should just be pure water. The flying type actually bugs me a lot in gameplay, both when using it and going against it.(Electric kills it so easily and it has no reason to really avoid earthquake.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Random question for the Pokemon anime watchers... What do you think of Lillie's portrayal in the anime as opposed to the games?

I am really not a fan of how the anime is handling her, but that's mostly because Lillie in the games is probably my favorite character to come out of a mainline Pokemon game period. I really don't like the whole 'Pokephobe' trope, nor do I like some details that the preview of the next episode seem to entail. But I figured I'd see what some of you think.
Oh Lillie's portrayal is the second worst thing about the new show for me.
(I don't like Sofatcles)

Chrono.

I don't like it but the anime's gonna anime.

I fully expect the Ultra Beasts to be some misunderstood monsters that can talk to Ash and are being controlled by some anime original character.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my Pokemon game has Glacia, Courtney, Blaine and Wulfric.

Who would y'all want to return? Only rule is no gen 3 character.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tamers will always be the best Digimon anime. I kind of like the darker themes of the show, which made the characters realistic and more sympathetic.

D

Deleted member

Here's a Switch mockup image if you want to post game ideas in the thread. It originally came from Reddit, but I modified the image to make it look more "authentic." You can remove the logo as well.

Click here for a larger version.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Considering I didnt care for her in the games, I dont think I care much for her in the anime

Plus tropes like " I'm scared of -blank-. I cant come near them- wears me down

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm trying to think of a name for my pokemon based off the flatswood monster. It's Dark/Ground type.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth help?

It's clearly a scarecrow/jack-o-'lantern hybrid. Maybe a witch as well is what you're going for.

Wudaihat comes to mind. Craftern(Witchcraft + Lantern) is another idea. Hmm... There's also Warlocorn(Warlock + Corn) if you go the idea of a scarecrow. What type of plant is it based upon? It looks kind of like a radish? Radishiva is an idea if so.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's clearly a scarecrow/jack-o-'lantern hybrid. Maybe a witch as well is what you're going for.

Wudaihat comes to mind. Craftern(Witchcraft + Lantern) is another idea. Hmm... There's also Warlocorn(Warlock + Corn) if you go the idea of a scarecrow. What type of plant is it based upon? It looks kind of like a radish? Radishiva is an idea if so.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster

Here's the wiki all about it.

D

Deleted member

I figured getting too in depth wasn't nessasary, but if I must...

Decidueye is similar to the pueo owl, which is a common physical form of the aumakua or ancestor spirits in Hawaiian culture. Considering Alola is based off of Hawaii, and Decidueye shares multiple traits with pueo owls, this alone is why its typing makes sense.

Sableye is a stylization of the Hopkinsville Goblin, a creature from an alleged Kentucky "alien encounter" described as having shining eyes, small legs, clawed arms and swaying hips (a movement that Sableye imitates in the 3D Pokémon games). This Pokémon is a ghost because..?

There. Point proved. Give me my cookies.
If you actually read what the Hopkinsville Goblin is instead of just going by the name, you would understand why Sableye is a ghost.

Being based off an animal that is said to be the physical form of a spirit doesn't make Decideye "ghostly" like the other Ghost types. It just explains why it has the type.

Read what I originally said again, what you quoted.
Because you clearly did not understand me.
Though honestly, I'm not sure what Ghost characteristics it truly has since it seems as if its typing is exclusively because of what it's based on. It has the least "ghostly" attributes of all the Ghost types. :p
I'm well aware WHAT Decidueye is based on. I'm NOT questioning why it's a Ghost type.
I'm saying that it is the least ghost-like of them. Which has nothing to do with its origin.
It could be based off of literally some Owl-Ghost God and still be the least ghost-like of the Ghost types if it's the exact same as it is now.

What attributes does Decidueye specifically have that makes it ghost-like compared to like, Gengar? Every other Ghost has some kind of visual attribute or has natural abilities or actions that have something to do with the supernatural. They are obviously Ghost type. Decidueye? You wouldn't know it was Ghost-type just by looking at it. Or even be able to GUESS. And it isn't given any sort of description of what it does that gives any indication it is a Ghost either. Literally the only thing that makes it a "ghost" is mythos of the animal it is based on.
THAT'S WHAT I'M GETTING AT. It's the least "ghostly" of them. Doesn't mean the Ghost type doesn't make any sense, just that it doesn't come off as a ghost.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I miss back when Sega the spine to localize the Puyo Puyo games.

If only they stoped caring about the mainstream audience for their games today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom