• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Controversial Smash Opinions.
(Don't know how to put that in the spoiler name)

-Sonic's alts are perfectly fine. Sonic being any color but blue (and yellow for Super Sonic) makes him look like a bad recolor.
-I think Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario should have remained alternate costumes. More so the latter than the other two, but I'm not that fussed about it.
-Dr. Eggman for Smash.
-Rayman is the most likely western third party character in my eyes. I do recognize that doesn't mean much though.
-I couldn't care less about Ridley. If he becomes playable, cool! If not, oh well.
-I would be okay with Banjo and Kazooie joining even though they're in Microsoft's hands.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I got a controversial Smash opinions

Layton should be in the game and it was a monstrosity when he wasnt
*puts Tails in a brown top hat*

Does this help his appeal factor any?

. . .Someday spontaneous cosplay will solve all of my problems! Someday!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Controversial Smash opinion?

I dunno

Maybe Augumon would be cool in smash, Greymon vs Charizard

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well the DBZ games are made by Bandai Namco so Id be down with it
It is but DBZ is owned by Toei Animation so they need the okay from them.

Personally I hope non-video game characters never see the light in Smash Bros. Would destroy the integrity of a game that's a celebration of Nintendo/Gaming. Sorry to people who like 4th party characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It is but DBZ is owned by Toei Animation so they need the okay from them.

Personally I hope non-video game characters never see the light in Smash Bros. Would destroy the integrity of a game that's a celebration of Nintendo/Gaming. Sorry to people who like 4th party characters.
I say everyone should get their wanted characters. **** " He doesnt belong" and ' I dont want him" and all that ****

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Controversial Smash Opinions.
(Don't know how to put that in the spoiler name)

-Sonic's alts are perfectly fine. Sonic being any color but blue (and yellow for Super Sonic) makes him look like a bad recolor.
-I think Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario should have remained alternate costumes. More so the latter than the other two, but I'm not that fussed about it.
-Dr. Eggman for Smash.
-Rayman is the most likely western third party character in my eyes. I do recognize that doesn't mean much though.
-I couldn't care less about Ridley. If he becomes playable, cool! If not, oh well.
-I would be okay with Banjo and Kazooie joining even though they're in Microsoft's hands.
Here, if you want to know how to label your spoilers, I'll show you.

It's [ spoiler = *Text that you want* ] [/ spoiler ] without the spaces.

It shows up like this.

See?

Hopefully I was helpful with this and not annoying or anything.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You tell him, sister!
Im just honestly sick of all these " I dont want this character in smash" Stuff tbh. Its like, needless fighting and blah blah blah

It's [ spoiler = *Text that you want* ] [/ spoiler ]

It shows up like this.

See?

It also lets you type in what you want if you press the + and press spoiler

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Im just honestly sick of all these " I dont want this character in smash" Stuff tbh. Its like, needless fighting and blah blah blah

It also lets you type in what you want if you press the + and press spoiler
Yeah everyone would enjoy the game more if they weren't so fighty over who they think "deserves" to get in.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

It's [ spoiler = *Text that you want* ] [/ spoiler ] without the spaces.

It shows up like this.

See?

for your help

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yep, like how Akuma's story mode didn't really explain how he has acquired the new kanji for his raging demon and what not.

Also Gen got killed off in the beginning of Akuma's story mode.

I guess it's done so they can easily segue Gen's apprentice into SFV Season 2, but it's kind of sad he went out like that.
Gen dies? Ah hell, that sucks big time.

I hate it when fighting game characters die. Makes it impossible to bring them back most of the time barring odd occasions like Nash.

Chrono.

Gen dies? Ah hell, that sucks big time.

I hate it when fighting game characters die. Makes it impossible to bring them back most of the time barring odd occasions like Nash.
It didn't stop NRS with Mortal Kombat X that's for sure.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It didn't stop NRS with Mortal Kombat X that's for sure.
Did it before then.

And one they did was massive that they made sure that he was dead and never playable

Liu Kang in Deadly Alliance. Snapped his neck Wonder Woman style

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah everyone would enjoy the game more if they weren't so fighty over who they think "deserves" to get in.
"My dad can beat your dad at getting into a game where my dad can beat your dad!"

Ah, if only people didn't take it all quite so seriously. If only.

And so, if only we could live in paradise
But war has begun, and so we must all pay the price
In our dreams we wish for peace for which we could strive
But as long as the war goes on I'll fight to stay alive

And so what once began with a trip in a flower field
A thousand sides taken, and never one shall yield
And so wars are fought over countless seeds of strife
Never one to once value the simple joy of life

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'll post my thoughts on that Generations episode

Definitely a better episode than last week, but I'd say this was an alright episode at best.

One of the best moments in the episode was when Essentia kicked Mimi in the face. Pretty dark. I also loved Mimi's moment in the end when it broke Essentia's helmet. Come to think of it, I think Mimi was the MVP of this episode. I liked how it was willing to take a stand and do everything in its power to brings its owner back, even after what Essentia.

I feel like this is one of those episode that could've been longer though. The lack of Xerosic was pretty surprising considering how important he was to the Looker Bureau post-game and his role in turning Emma into Essentia. If this episode was longer, I definitely think he could've made an appearance at the end for one final confrontation with Looker after Emma broke free from her suit.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How do I phrase an emale to a teacher that has yet to put my class grade up on the site
"Dear *insert name here*

I have been waiting for mu class grade to be uploaded on the school site but it's been a few days and it hasn't been uploaded yet, I'm getting rather nervous as it's very important to me. Could you please upload it as soon as possible? Sorry if this comes across as pushy

Yours sincerely,

Taiko drum"

D

Deleted member

I'm curious as to how many people realize that Morrigan is not the main character of Darkstalkers, and that it's actually Demitri.
If anything, Morrigan is Darkstalkers' equivalent to Ken or Chun-Li. I'm pretty sure the reason why Demitri is rarely seen in crossovers is so they don't have to put effort into creating Midnight Bliss animations for every character on the roster.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can't think of a good name for a new ability in my pokemon game. It's for a new pokemon called "Snomad" it's an Ice/Psychic type and the ability in question is when it enters battle it has a 30% chance of confusing the opponent.

Halp?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
"Dear *insert name here*

I have been waiting for mu class grade to be uploaded on the school site but it's been a few days and it hasn't been uploaded yet, I'm getting rather nervous as it's very important to me. Could you please upload it as soon as possible? Sorry if this comes across as pushy

Yours sincerely,

Taiko drum"
I hope it goes up soon tonight or tomorrow, if it doesnt, I may have to go to the college and talk to whoever about this so it can get fixed

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm not even anti-Goku. I'm just very anti-4th parties which Goku happens to fall in to.

There's a handful of video game characters that I wouldn't want but at least the integrity of the game won't be tarnished instead of adding a character who hasn't even originated from a game.

As a matter of fact I would take another 10 Fire Emblem characters over any 4th party character

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meh, I might skip Rogue One. It's not even a numbered Star Wars

It's more like a fan fiction, like "Shadows of the Empire"

It's Expanded Universe material

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Returned from my Disneyland vacation today.

While not quite as grand as my previous trip last year, it was still a really, really great trip. I had a wonderful time with my family there. We hit all of our favorite rides at least once and more often, twice or more, had some great dinners and took things pretty easy. Often when going to Disneyland we end up getting stressed at some points trying to fit a bunch of things in, but this trip was pretty much stress-free. It was great.

Also, it actually started raining there late last night. Yet we went out on a lot of rides anyway. It was kind of an adventure getting around the park during that weather but it was totally worth it. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not even anti-Goku. I'm just very anti-4th parties which Goku happens to fall in to.

There's a handful of video game characters that I wouldn't want but at least the integrity of the game won't be tarnished instead of adding a character who hasn't even originated from a game.

As a matter of fact I would take another 10 Fire Emblem characters over any 4th party character
You're misinterpretting her point. She's clearly saying she doesn't like seeing people who go 'I HATE the idea of this character' for WHATEVER reason

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Meh, I might skip Rogue One. It's not even a numbered Star Wars

It's more like a fan fiction, like "Shadows of the Empire"

It's Expanded Universe material
Eh, to each their own. I didn't care too much going in, hell, the main reason why I went is because my friend got two free tickets, but I enjoyed it. It's also canon to the main movies, and provided an interesting perspective on the war.

D

Deleted member

You know one of the things I can always look forward to? People bashing on SAO because it'll always be funn and enjoyable to watch
This time, instead of ****ting on SAO the anime, it's on SAO the game inside the anime
Btw, language warning
It sucked before all the murder stuff was added in the day one update

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You're misinterpretting her point. She's clearly saying she doesn't like seeing people who go 'I HATE the idea of this character' for WHATEVER reason
Well it's different from me saying "I don't want Goku because I hate DBZ" or "Goku sucks and he should never be in Smash Bros".

Hell, there was a time were I was even fond of the idea of Goku being in Smash Bros until I realized how that goes against everything Smash Bros stands for and for a series that celebrates Nintendo & Gaming.

And it's not just me who doesn't want 4th party characters in Smash Bros. Lots of people agree that characters not originating from Smash Bros shouldn't be in the game. Even Sakurai himself mentioned not wanting to put Anime/Manga characters in the game in an interview he did some time ago and I applaud him for doing that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm convinced you can't read. Prof said "I hate seeing people hate on characters for smash regardless of their reason"
You said "Actually, I hate that character for Smash because of a different reason"
It's like if you said you don't like people bashing AW and I pop up going "Actually, I hate it because of how ****ing stupid Fog of War is implemented"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, to each their own. I didn't care too much going in, hell, the main reason why I went is because my friend got two free tickets, but I enjoyed it. It's also canon to the main movies, and provided an interesting perspective on the war.
It's canon to this new Universe. I'm counting the new movies as a separate canon.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Returned from my Disneyland vacation today.

While not quite as grand as my previous trip last year, it was still a really, really great trip. I had a wonderful time with my family there. We hit all of our favorite rides at least once and more often, twice or more, had some great dinners and took things pretty easy. Often when going to Disneyland we end up getting stressed at some points trying to fit a bunch of things in, but this trip was pretty much stress-free. It was great.

Also, it actually started raining there late last night. Yet we went out on a lot of rides anyway. It was kind of an adventure getting around the park during that weather but it was totally worth it. :p
About to go to Walt Disney World in two days myself.

I've never been to Disneyland though, that's a place I really want to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom