• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I was on Battle 30 of Super Singles against Wally
His garchomp at -5 atack, my mega salamance settin up DD for a sweep.
My 3ds hit my laptop's edge
"Game cart was ejected, pleasee prss the home button."
>Recruiting Cynthia with Togekiss, Garchomp, and Mega Lucario
>Tons of BP
>A "guarrenteed" bottle cap
Gone

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Homestly the Generations videos are kinda boring. Especially this new one. Nothing even happened.

Handed in all of my papers. Including one 3 page paper I did an hour before it was due. It feels good to be (almost) free.

And uuhhh "controversial" smash opinions that I won't bother to spoiler because I don't care

-Edea and Viridi would be amazing additions. and depending where you roam Ridley is controversial too
-The focus on representation, especially the "reps" causes way too may problems in this fanbase. If people focused more on the individual content or characters instead of just trying to apply numbers to what series they come from people wouldn't have an many things to be pissed about.
-some people have way too narrow of desires for these games that they focus too much on. If you only want one or two things and if you dont get those 2 things you get mad you need to broaden your horizons or become more accepting
-it's ok to be dissapointed in smash content.

:061:

Chrono.

Brock Lesnar should've never broken Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

I'm only half joking.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Smash controversial opinions ?
- Cruel Smash should have never, EVER existed.
- Elma has slimmer chances than everyone think, since how Xenoblade X's reception has been rather mixed.
- Fire Emblem should have no newcomer, nor any cut.
- Cranky Kong has as much of a chance as a DK newcomer than Dixie and K. Rool.
- To my own regret, Decidueye's chances will be very old news by the time Smash Switch will be in production.
- Despite what Frostwraith and others said about him, I still think Black Shadow would be a fine Falcondorf substitute.
- Frigate Orpheon was an underrated stage.
- While Poké Floats was overrated.
Finally, someone speaks the truth.

Especially on how overrated of a stage Poke Floats is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To all the people who think Poke Floats is overrated.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Chrono.

To all the people who think Poke Floats is overrated.

You couldn't be more wrong.
Ehh.

If I'm being honest, there's only two Pokemon stages I ever liked and that's Prism Tower and Saffron City (kinda), I find the Stadiums dull, I'm not a fan of N's Castle, Spear Pillar had some annoying gimmicks and the Kalos League stage is just kinda bland.

Actually I'd love for the next Pokemon stage to not be set in some dark area.

D

Deleted member

I think the main problem with Smash speculation is that we really don't know Sakurai's (or whoever is directing the new game/port) full thought process in deciding who or what gets picked.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
-The focus on representation, especially the "reps" causes way too may problems in this fanbase. If people focused more on the individual content or characters instead of just trying to apply numbers to what series they come from people wouldn't have an many things to be pissed about.
While what your saying is true to an extent, people take that point to the extreme. When it gets to the point where a certain series is overbloated then there's something to be said about that (as Sakurai even stated in a recent interview).

It was even one of the 4 criteria stated by Sakurai for selecting a Smash Bros roster.

・The character must display personality in their game
・It’s important to have something only that character can do.
・Potential development issues, and game balance is also taken into some consideration
Distribution among the franchises is also taken into consideration
http://sourcegaming.info/2015/07/11/gdc-2008-translation/

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Final Destination is the truly the most overrated Smash stage.

Why else do you think Omega Mode exists when Battlefield easily benefits everyone on a competitive scale (even Little Mac)?

Wouldn't be surprising, since most games Nintendo releases nowadays gets a bandwagon character. Elma? Bandwagon. Inkling? Bandwagon. Decidueye? Bandwagon. Heck, it's hard to find a character that started gathering popularity in the post Smash 4 era that's not a bandwagon character.

:094:
Good thing Miku or Yuri aren't bandwagon characters at all.

But still unlikely since Tecmo thinks little of Fatal Frame.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't mind pokefloats. Classic Melee stage

I still want to see the return of Saffron City though

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still waiting for the return of fountain of dreams. That would be great.

And thinking about it,

Crabomible would be pretty sweet as a playable character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was a K. Rool supporter before it was cool to support K. Rool.

#HipsterSMX

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't believe I got Magicant though. The course I wanted since the beginning

That's just crazy

I really didn't expect them to use anything from Mother 1

While what your saying is true to an extent, people take that point to the extreme. When it gets to the point where a certain series is overbloated then there's something to be said about that (as Sakurai even stated in a recent interview).

It was even one of the 4 criteria stated by Sakurai for selecting a Smash Bros roster.

Yeah it's definitely okay up to an extent. Like how the **** did we lose pretty much all golden sun stuff.

Bu when you have large groups of people getting absolutely saying there isn't enough metroid content when we got a bunch of new trophies, a new stage, multiple new assists, a character being reworked etc is kind of confusing.

And there are way more examples too unfortunately.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just beat Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for the first time (with 100% completion). I've said it once, I'll say it again, this game is friggin' fantastic in every way and super proud to be a backer of the Kickstarter. Now for Hero Mode run!

Also, it feels downright AWESOME to see your name in the game's credits! ^ω^

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just beat Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for the first time (with 100% completion). I've said it once, I'll say it again, this game if friggin' fantastic in every way and super proud to be a backer of the Kickstarter. Now for Hero Mode run!

Also, it feels downright AWESOME to see your name in the game's credits! ^ω^
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Not backing this game is one of my biggest regrets.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah it's definitely okay up to an extent. Like how the **** did we lose pretty much all golden sun stuff.

Bu when you have large groups of people getting absolutely saying there isn't enough metroid content when we got a bunch of new trophies, a new stage, multiple new assists, a character being reworked etc is kind of confusing.

Yeah, there's that argument to be made for sure.

And your right about Smash 4 losing most Golden Sun content. Boggles my mind that not only Isaac was cut as an AT but he didn't even have a standard trophy in the game. Like I have no idea why his AT was even slashed.

I remember back in the day when people thinking Isaac being cut as an AT would mean he would become playable in the game as DLC. Ahh, how I wished that could be true.

D

Deleted member

Distribution among the franchises is also taken into consideration

The bolded part right there is partially why I get the impression that Sakurai doesn't simply add characters solely for the sake of representation (and if I were in his shoes, I honestly wouldn't either). Not that I disagree with your point.

Chrono.

Random SF trivia drop incoming.

TIL, as it turns out, Zangief is so powerful that Shadaloo created a Zangief Buster (a la Hulkbuster armour) robot just to fight him.
The SFV Character Encyclopedia has a lot of cool tidbits.

It's a shame that SF in general hasn't /really/ taken a step forward in terms of telling a story.

D

Deleted member

Brock Lesnar should've never broken Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

I'm only half joking.
To be fair he was the best option that they had available, pretty much everyone else they offered to didn't want to break the streak.(Such as Randy Orton.) You could argue that it should've never been broken, and I think that would've been the best option, but it was only broken because the Undertaker wanted the streak broken for quite a long time.(He's an oldschool wrestler, in oldschool wrestling you go out losing.)

Sorry, I physically can't resist certain trivia. :p

And speaking of stages, most stages tend to be pretty "meh" and I end up never really choosing them anyway. Though ironically the dull ones such as the stadium stages stick out due to simplicity. Though there are a few gimmick stages that are fun like the Wario Ware one, IMO.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just watched the Pokemon Generations episode.

I don't remember that in game

I heard this is post game stuff? Maybe I never did it

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The SFV Character Encyclopedia has a lot of cool tidbits.

It's a shame that SF in general hasn't /really/ taken a step forward in terms of telling a story.
Yep, like how Akuma's story mode didn't really explain how he has acquired the new kanji for his raging demon and what not.

Also Gen got killed off in the beginning of Akuma's story mode.

I guess it's done so they can easily segue Gen's apprentice into SFV Season 2, but it's kind of sad he went out like that.

Chrono.

Holy ****, this may have been the best news I've seen all week.

Daytona is good, but Outrun is my favorite arcade racing game of all time.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Yep, like how Akuma's story mode didn't really explain how he has acquired the new kanji for his raging demon and what not.

Also Gen got killed off in the beginning of Akuma's story mode.

I guess it's done so they can easily segue Gen's apprentice into SFV Season 2, but it's kind of sad he went out like that.
Wait wtf? Just like that?

That's lame as hell but understandable I guess, Gen was never a major character anyway.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Holy ****, this may have been the best news I've seen all week.

Daytona is good, but Outrun is my favorite arcade racing game of all time.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wait wtf? Just like that?

That's lame as hell but understandable I guess, Gen was never a major character anyway.
Yep, just like that.

Maybe if they add Gen in SFV, his final battle in his story mode can be that last battle with Akuma.

I wonder how Chun-Li feels about it...

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I'm moreso upset at how so much content relating to the Primes were removed from Smash...not necessarily the lack of content in general...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The UN removes wonder woman as their "Ambassador" because she's too attractive and too white.

LOL

D

Deleted member

Yep. Gen 5 and 5 thought the same.
Ummmm... The most recent gen during Smash 4's release was gen 6. And we got plenty of gen 6 content, not only megas for final smashes, but also Greninja. If I'm understanding your statement correctly.

Also if FE got a rep for a recent game, then pokemon can definitely very easily have a rep. Especially with the popularity of Sun/Moon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I guess I'll do the controversial Smash opinions thing.

+Most characters the fandom asks for are actually incredibly obscure and/or unimportant and stand little to no chance
+People get way too worked up over not getting the characters or other game details they want
+I actually want Tails, and he wouldn't "just have a clone moveset" unless one ended up nitpicking one or two moves like this fanbase tends to
+Actively wanting character cuts is rude to the people that like those characters
+The vast majority of characters referred to as "shoo-ins" actually aren't and are just having their chances overestimated by people biased towards them
+A lot of characters people hype up don't seem nearly as interesting to me as their support levels suggest
+The Smash fandom ruined K. Rool for me so badly that I now gain entertainment from him as a rival for me to rather jokingly vent all of my hatred onto. I had to force myself past taking it seriously because the fandom is so easy to anger that I would be destroyed for actually legitimately disliking him.
+I can't bring myself to be legitimately upset at decisions made with Smash because the fandom overreacts so badly to everything done that it makes even the least desirable things Sakurai does look good by comparison
+ Most stages added in Smash 4 are pretty boring compared to those added in Brawl

I live in a weird existence where I don't like offending anyone but I manage to have the most horrifically controversial opinions despite that. . .

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Back with more fightcade stuff. This time with Third Strike! (Lower the audio real quick though. The recording came really loud for whatever reason.)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Correct me if i'm wrong but this might be the only time i've heard/seen Sakurai speak English. He doesn't seem to bad at it even though he only said a couple of words in ENglish.

D

Deleted member

Most characters the fandom asks for are actually incredibly obscure and/or unimportant and stand little to no chance
I don't entirely agree with this, but I feel like the only true "all-star" Nintendo characters left are Inkling and Toad. Not that the playable roster has ever only consisted of all-stars (:4ness::4marth::4shulk: for example), and not that I ever expect Toad to be anything other than Peach's counter.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
+Most characters the fandom asks for are actually incredibly obscure and/or unimportant and stand little to no chance
A character can be obscure but can still also be important to Nintendo or at least hail from a series important to Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom