• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Late, but whatever.

At this point, I feel there are people seriously underrating Tecmo Koei as a huge third party company. Sure most of their franchises are far from big sellers (other than Ninja Garden), but they are just as notable as far as third parties go.

Also, spinoff characters are also kind of underrated as potential Smash choices go. Waluigi is an Assist Trophy, Hyrule Warriors got nothing in Smash, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon gets no love as far as Smash representation go. But I'm not going all "conspiracy theorist" to see why that's the case.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Samus is alone because no other notable characters can realistically work right now.

Mother Brain? Nope.

Ridley? Nope.

Kraid? Sorry.

Dark Samus? Sure, but she'll be very cloneish.

Sylux? Not notable enough.

I'd like Ridley to work, but he's super awkward to work with. Long tail, large wings, skinny limbs, the thing looks like a emaciated chicken carcass. He's super gnarly and has a ton of character, but the way he has to be significantly more airborne than others while not being either a punching bag (massive hurtbox because of the long tail/wings) or overpowered (heavy character with disjointed/large hitboxes) makes it hard to make a character around.

I can already hear the keyboards warming up, so let's put it this way.

You have to balance a character that must:
1. Feel strong.
2. Fly or stay airborne for a notable time.
3. Posses a projectile attack.
4. Have appendages proportionately large.

You have to do this while:
1. Not making him so light because of his long reach.
2. Not making him too heavy so he's a punching bag due to his size.
3. Staying true to the character found in the games.

I'd start by choosing to sacrifice either his reach or his flight, but then we're getting into awkward territory. Ersatz's Ridley is either a strangely close range fighter or a grounded, winged kaiju.

In a way, Ridley fans (like me) should be glad that a director exists who won't half-step the character.IIt's not a satisfying choice to leave out the character, but sometimes doing nothing is best.

Take this post as my
In what way will Dark Samus be "very cloneish" when you clearly must know how she is as a AT?

I believe that with enough time and effort, any character can work in Smash, that includes Ridley. Tho I see why you think it may not work, and that's fine.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
  • Decidueye is a bandwagon and is no different than Sceptile. A Gen VII Pokemon isn't likely to happen and if it did it wouldn't be Decidueye.
  • Characters like K.Rool and Isaac have a better chance than most think due to the ballot.
  • Indies have almost no chance, if anything it'll be Rayman as our first Western third party.
  • Only characters I feel may buck that trend is Shovel Knight and Shantae.
  • Characters like Lara Croft and Jill Valentine are possible and would be outstanding additions.
  • I think Snake actually has a decent chance.
  • Lucina will be cut long before Roy does.
  • People now under play popularity instead of over playing it.
  • People now over play recency instead of under playing it.
  • No one here really learned anything. We just switched sides.
  • People underplay veterans big time.
  • A lot of the opinions I've seen here regarding Smash seem to have a fair amount of contrarianism. When we start to question if a character who got a Mii Costume due to demand is popular, you're going too far.
  • People look at popularity wrong. It's not just requests for Smash though that's a big part of it. It's also how the general public likes the character and whether the series' fans like the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, I watched the last BSD episode, guess I'm reading the manga now
HE FAINTED AFTER THIS PLEASE PROTECT AKUTAGAWA
I like how they actually tied up(almost) every characters' current status after this arc, other animes would make you pray you favorite even gets remembered after their introduction arc if they aren't a main one.
Q and Lucy are MIA tho and im mad
Also
Poe at the end of the episode gives me hope that he becomes even if a side character like Kenji after this arc
And we got our new villain
Screenshot_2016-12-16-14-58-21.png

When I heard before that some guy named Fyodor was the some evil organization leader I thought he was older than this
Look at him, he's a baby

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wow, half of my controversial Smash opinions had been stolen (thanks a lot WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ).

Guess I will go will go with the most laughable opinion

Fatal Frame is underrated as far as Smash representation goes. I feel that it can contribute more than just trophies. Like a stage for example or ghosts as enemies in Smash Run. Or even one of the protagonists as a playable character (Preferably Mike or Yuri).

Also, I still find the "too realistic and scary" arguments baffling at best. We do have a mature pole dancing witch wearing hairy skintight spandex that summons a scary demon called Gomorrah (Sounds familiar to you Christians?).

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It honestly touches mee that Ducktales is getting this love.
Partially because Scrooge is one of my favorite disney characters period.

Yes. There's always that "Old Scroog" personality, harshness to him. But it's born out of sternness over a lifetime earned.
And if you dig just a bit you find a lot more to him.

While I did love Alann Young's last rol in Ducktales Remastered for him, I can't help but be.... cautious, for the new VA.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Wow, half of my controversial Smash opinions had been stolen (thanks a lot WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan ).

Fatal Frame is underrated as far as Smash representation goes. I feel that it can contribute more than just trophies. Like a stage for example or ghosts as enemies in Smash Run. Or even one of the protagonists as a playable character (Preferably Mike or Yuri).

Also, I still find the "too realistic and scary" arguments baffling at baleat. We do have a mature pole dancing witch wearing hairy skintight spandex that summons a scary demon called Gomorrah (Sounds familiar to you Christians?).
Wow.
That name is so fitting.

Especially since Bayonetta turned everybody in a salt pillar

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Also, I still find the "too realistic and scary" arguments baffling at baleat. We do have a mature pole dancing witch wearing hairy skintight spandex that summons a scary demon called Gomorrah (Sounds familiar to you Christians?).
>Implying I stole your opinion.

Expect the latter to happen a lot since people will never learn despite the fact both Snake and Bayonetta happened.

And everyone knows about the Sodom & Gommorah story.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Eeh, looking back to that po-

*turns into salt*

*salty salt*

*pew*

bible jokes are best
Corrin is our Lord & Savior that can cross the salty waters of the Smash Ballot's salty remains.

Too soon?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eeh, looking back to that po-

*turns into salt*

*salty salt*

*pew*

bible jokes are best
Holy ****, it all makes sense.

Does that make Snake the one who builit the Ark for third parties to invade the new world (Smash)?

Corrin is our Lord & Savior that can cross the salty waters of the Smash Ballot's salty remains.

Too soon?

Eh, I'd liken him to Moses with his fiery headed brother Roy as Ramses. I'd liken his role as The OG Fire Emblem advertisement as being the King of Egypt.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It honestly touches mee that Ducktales is getting this love.
Partially because Scrooge is one of my favorite disney characters period.

Yes. There's always that "Old Scroog" personality, harshness to him. But it's born out of sternness over a lifetime earned.
And if you dig just a bit you find a lot more to him.

While I did love Alann Young's last rol in Ducktales Remastered for him, I can't help but be.... cautious, for the new VA.
Scrooge is a fan favourite here in the Netherlands, and it's always cool to see him. Scrooge is witty, surprisingly capable, being able to fight all of the Beagle Boys and their granddad into submission, trick Magica Despell into trapping herself in his money bin without anything to help her, fought a LIVING BLACK HOLE AND WON TWICE, sent a pinch of salt to Rockerduck when he was eating his hat again, tricked Glimgold into spending 200 million on a painting Scrooge owned, etc. Scrooge is THE best Disney character

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Holy ****, it all makes sense.

Does that make Snake the one who builit the Ark for third parties to invade the new world (Smash)?

Eh, I'd liken him to Moses with his fiery headed brother Roy as Ramses. I'd liken his role as The OG Fire Emblem advertisement as being the King of Egypt.
I just realized that Snake kind of looks like Jesus...

This is getting interesting.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I haven't been playing Pokémon Sun recently. I've mostly been checking up on my islands and my Plaza, which basically is me leveling my fully trained Pokémon on the training island by setting their play time to 99, check up on my berries to see if they're grown, collect whats what was mined, and collecting coins for the plaza.

I'll need to re-breed some of my Pokémon later though because their IVs are off. Otherwise, that's what I'm doing. Then I put that aside and play Skyrim on Legendary difficulty.

Not bad, GameFreak. You successfully transformed my game into one of those time based mobile apps. :239:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Scrooge is a fan favourite here in the Netherlands, and it's always cool to see him. Scrooge is witty, surprisingly capable, being able to fight all of the Beagle Boys and their granddad into submission, trick Magica Despell into trapping herself in his money bin without anything to help her, fought a LIVING BLACK HOLE AND WON TWICE, sent a pinch of salt to Rockerduck when he was eating his hat again, tricked Glimgold into spending 200 million on a painting Scrooge owned, etc. Scrooge is THE best Disney character
Seriously though, that Toon Force be stronk.

This episode was mediocre. Not bad, but not one of the best either.

Player character got excluded despite playing a big part in the Emma plot...

Inb4 PETA gets pissed of Espurr being kicked.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just got a haircut, and I wanted to change my avatar for that event. But it seem that Smashboard decided to screw me for that.
Goddamnit Woodboard.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Beagle Boys' Granddad?

Eeeeew get that Italian non-canon scum in the trash, along with Scrooge's butler

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Poor Mimi. T.T Generations showed Pokemon abuse. That was dark, but well done.

I really liked this one. It made the connection Looker, Emma and Mimi shared feel pretty real in such a short time.

Personally the Looker side quests were some of my favorite moments in XY, so seeing them animated is a pleasant surprise and I feel they did them justice.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pokemon Generations seems to be putting quite an emphasis on post-game events for some reason....

Also...we got Emma from X and Y but no Zinnia from ORAS....wut?

Chrono.

Pokemon Generations seems to be putting quite an emphasis on post-game events for some reason....

Also...we got Emma from X and Y but no Zinnia from ORAS....wut?
I consider that an upgrade. :p

Also I don't think it's putting an emphasis on postgame as much as XY not having a lot of material to work with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom