• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Waiting the next episode of Hellsing Abridged be like:
Good lord, when they are going to diffuse episode 7?! I need to see it!! (I honestly prefer Hellsing Abridged over DBZ Abrigded. Not that I dislike the latter, but I just prefer the former)
Both of those abridged series are pretty good lol.
I especially love the Hellsing one. My favorite abridges are Yu-Gi-Oh by Little Kuriboh and Sword Art Online by Something Witty Entertainment. If you haven't seen those, you should check them out!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Both of those abridged series are pretty good lol.
I especially love the Hellsing one. My favorite abridges are Yu-Gi-Oh by Little Kuriboh and Sword Art Online by Something Witty Entertainment. If you haven't seen those, you should check them out!
I already see Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, and it's pretty good! (Tough, it's Little Kuriboh, so of course it's good)
'Not really interest in SAO however, I would prefer to watch first the anime before watching the abridged version of it. (Mostly to get all the joke that are probably "take that" at SAO)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I already see Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, and it's pretty good! (Tough, it's Little Kuriboh, so of course it's good)
'Not really interest in SAO however, I would prefer to watch first the anime before watching the abridged version of it. (Mostly to get all the joke that are probably "take that" at SAO)
Oh man you are gonna love SAO abridged. I would say its what the original anime should of been

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm changing my Lathair and Baithe line to be based off the sponge fish thing. They're Normal/Ghost type.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's seriously amazing lol. Kirito is portrayed as a sociopathic jerk, and he's a goldmine of comedy. One of my favorite abridged characters, period. Best episode is prolly episode 5. That one has the most comedy iirc.

In a few hours, the sun will rise.

...Somewhere on the planet.

-----
Tristan is amazing :joyful:
My favorite from YGOA

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's seriously amazing lol. Kirito is portrayed as a sociopathic jerk, and he's a goldmine of comedy. One of my favorite abridged characters, period. Best episode is prolly episode 5. That one has the most comedy iirc.

Tristan is amazing :joyful:
My favorite from YGOA
...You know what? I'm going to watch the first episode.
TIME TO TAKE THE ABRIDGED TRAIN!!

D

Deleted member

People who think Sony owns anything related to FF7.

But also forgets that FF7 remake is a PS4 timed exclusive and will be on Xbone, PC and possibly Switch in the near future
Let's also not forget that Cloud himself recently appeared in Final Fantasy Explorers for the 3DS.

D

Deleted member

I see Abridged discussion
I've only watched YGO Abridged, 50% Off and SAO Abridged but I just love videos in that style in general
YGOTAS is the original so I recommend it to everyone, even if I stopped middway through because I didn't have time to watch it.
SAO Abridged is REALLY good and you all should watch it.
50% Off is the abridged version of Free and it's even better than SAO Abridged imo, seriously, WATCH IT

Last edited by a moderator:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The Joke is that if it's what the original should have been then it should be good as the original is garbage
i dont think the original should be anything like the abridged series.The abridged is simply written better and its humor comes from the characters just interacting and bouncing off one other personality.Plus you know there being actual character development is nice

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Just watched the first episode.
I like where this is going.
Greato daze in fact.
'Watching the second episode now.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just remembered another anime I actually quite liked

Big O

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What the actual **** is Evangelion? I know it'a supposed to be a drama instead of a mecha anime but I am puzzled as all hell
Good question, Evangelion is one of the most bizarre and strange anime in existence. And the more you try to understand it, the less you will. Also, this anime is fanatastic for flame war and debate, so, if you don't like those. Don't go on Evangelion forum or where people take Evangelion too seriously.
Really, just don't, trust me on that.

D

Deleted member

What the actual **** is Evangelion? I know it'a supposed to be a drama instead of a mecha anime but I am puzzled as all hell
All I know about it is that it's depressing, has mecha, the ending is confusing as hell, Shinji won't get in the damn bag, a spoiler and there's mecha.
Oh, and there's a penguin, somewhere and somehow

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
*sigh* I'm not sure either.
Evangelion is one of those anime in which you either love it or hate it. For me...well, I err on the "hate" side? I don't actually hate the show, but it is very confusing concerning the story. The confusing story is why I don't like it. I still enjoyed a couple of the characters, though.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Evangelion is just "Love it or Hate it : The Anime". It get really hard to understanding everything at time. And the character are intentionally make to not be very likeable at the start. So, if you want to see a weird show that is less hard to understand and with more likeable character. Just watch Pandora Hearts Higurashi.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't remember why the ending was confusing, but there was some kind of story to it

It's either the manga hadn't ended yet, so they made some BS thing at the end

Or that there was some kind of issue with the studio and they purposely sabotaged the ending

Edit: I think the manga had a real ending, in other words.

But for some reason, the anime doesn't

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don't remember why the ending was confusing, but there was some kind of story to it

Or that there was some kind of issue with the studio and they purposely sabotaged the ending
The studio was low on budget so they had to take away content from the original ending iirc. However, once money came back into the bank, the "End of Evangelion" was made to *sort-of* tie up loose ends...but there are still loose ends.

Even with the trainwreck of a story and the horrible animation, I still liked a few of the characters. I enjoyed Shinji, Katsuragi, and late show Asuka (keywords being "late show". I hated Asuka for a while, especially at the beginning).

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

The true story is that, the studio didn't have the budget to do the ending they wanted to do. They were basically ruined and only Anno was able to do something. So, they end up creating the two last weird episodes that we know today and they recieve death threat from various peoples for "ruining" the show.
Later on, they had enough money to make "The End of Evangelion", the original ending that Anno had in mind. And thus, the rest is history.
Also, the anime was before the manga, and the manga taked like 10 years after the original series was finish to end.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The true story is that, the studio didn't have the budget to do the ending they wanted to do. They were basically ruined and only Anno was able to do something. So, they end up creating the two last weird episodes that we know today and they recieve death threat from various peoples for "ruining" the show.
Later on, they had enoguh money to make "The End of Evangelion", the original ending that Anno had in mind. And thus, the rest is history.
Also, the anime was before the manga, and the manga taked like 10 years after the original serie to finish.
Oh wow, didn't know that last part, I didn't really care enough of about the show to check out the manga.

I do remember when they released this "The End of Evangelion" though. LOL, but again I never saw it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Banjo is one of the characters I consider having a tailor made moveset for Smash Bros (along the likes of Isaac and others) based on all the moves he does in his games. He's also aesthetically unique VS other characters in the game in addition to being an N64 icon that lots of people loved as a kid myself included (the Banjo games on the N64 are among my favorite N64 games). But like I said before the sticking point here is that he's owned by Microsoft and I doubt Nintendo would want to collaborate with Microsoft unless it's for something major like Minecraft.

TBH, I doubt the situation would be much better if Nintendo bought the rights back to Banjo either. Nintendo would most likely see Banjo as a competitor to Mario and they would treat Banjo like a second-rate series. And this is even assuming they would get the Rare guys to come back and make a new Banjo game.

And also lol at people thinking Sony owns Cloud. Honestly, I think these are the same people that think Crash can't be in Smash Bros because he's a "Sony" character despite the fact he's been third party since the start of the millennium.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh wow, didn't know that last part, I didn't really care enough of about the show to check out the manga.

I do remember when they released this "The End of Evangelion" though. LOL, but again I never saw it.
The manga is weird, it follow the anime but some point and character are changed or/and expanded. The ending is different and more "happy" than the one in the anime and in general, the drawning are pretty good.
Still, I would recommend to watch the anime before the manga in case you will watch it one day. It's better to know what element make Evangelion so strange yet special in people's eyes.
Or just watch Higurashi, it's a better anime I tell you.;)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just got the Capcom Character Encyclopedia recently, and I'm upset that Maximo isn't in it. I wouldn't have minded much if it weren't for the fact that they have a bunch of characters from games that are way more obscure than Maximo. There are other character absences that bug me, but that's the biggest one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom