• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh, hey. Nintendo Minute just came on. Dunno if they have anything to talk about, but hopefully it's that new announcement I want...
EDIT: Seems to be just chat about Zelda U. Huh.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
So there's an interesting tidbit about yungoose on the site:

Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region.

So there seems to be a new snake pokemon with him as well?

Thoughts?
In Hawaii, they brought over mongooses over to deal with their rat infestation.

The new polemon must be a rat.

:150:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
So they're kind of talking about Zelda U (goosebump moments or some ****), so now I'm just gonna wait for stuff tomorrow. Any hopes or predictions? I can't say much myself because I haven't been keeping track of E3 or its schedule.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Was thinking about the new pokemon revealed...

Grubbin's obviously based on a white grub which grows into a beetle...I remember talking about us needing more beetles in pokemon...

I'm actually kinda surprised its pure bug and not bug/ground as you usually find them living underground...unless it grow into a larger more grotesque grub before evolving into a beetle...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Link has been asleep for 100 years? When did he start hanging out with Rayman?

Seems like an oddly specific detail.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Ok Ok I just saw the Wolf Link amiibo functionality.

HOLY **** I LOVE IIIIIIIT

I'd love a little companion to join you on your adventure. This has essentially become Nintendo's version of Fallout 4 and it's amazing.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I really wanna be hyped for this zelda game but nothing coming to me at the moment.Also the sun and moon new pokemon design wise are all strange besides the bird especially that weasel(?).Plus that battle royale mode while cool isnt like the FFA you can do in x and y with double battles.Eh not to be a Debbie downer but i came in expecting nothing and still wasnt really pleased.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I know people don't much care but apparently impressions of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice have been quite positive so far.

There are nine levels to try out in the E3 demo, all of them from the first world.

For comparison, Shattered Crystal had four per world.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I know people don't much care but apparently impressions of Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice have been quite positive so far.

There are nine levels to try out in the E3 demo, all of them from the first world.

For comparison, Shattered Crystal had four per world.
That's nice to hear, I'm hoping the game will actually wind up being good.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's going to be amazing to think how many things are gonna go down and have already went down within the 6-7 months of this thread being alive.

- Pre-E3 News.
- E3 Hype.
- News Drought from June through August or even September.
- Maybe a General Direct in August.
- Lots of conventions where nothing gets announced despite people expecting something.
- NX Reveal at TGS or elsewhere in September.
- NX Direct showcasing all games launching within 6 months of the console's release.
- Smash NX Reveal; we'll find out what the scope of the port is.
- Sun and Moon release hype.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Finally caught up to speed with all the E3 news.

I think it's confirmed that there will be more legendaries (as in far more than the new ones in X/Y) outside of Solgaleo, Lunala, and the probably third legendary of that trio since Hala mentions that each island has a "guardian" they commemorate. Potential legendary trio (with a trio master)/quartet this generation?

The new battle interface looks pretty awesome, and the trainer and rival battle themes sound pretty nice. It's funny how the trainers completely stand still after you win a battle. I mean, it looks like they are trying to move, but something "freezes" them to the point it looks a little awkward when expecting to see some sort of losing animation. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. I just wonder if this will happen to the gym leaders and the elite four as well since they got the generic sprite treatment in the 6th generation games.

As for the Zelda news, I wonder where the game takes place in the timeline. Link wakes up from some long slumber in the beginning of the game. Pretty mysterious! The Ganon news was a bit surprising. I remember information about the game a while back promised that there would be "a new villain." I wonder if that holds true. Maybe we will have a villain that acts as the main antagonist for most of the game with Ganon revealed to be the true villains, similar to Zant and Ganondorf and Twilight Princess? Just thinking about it.

The gameplay looks amazing thus far! I like some of those realistic details where Link needs to adapt to the weather or find nourishment every now and then to maintain health and stamina. This will make exploration pretty interesting!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pointless mini-rant that has nothing to do with anything:

"I think I'll check out the Rosalina tag on tumblr. There'll probably be a lot of posts of people being excited for her new amiibo, and some mariotehplumber jokes."

*sees the first image on the list currently*

God damn it that vore artist that loves drawing pictures of Rosalina and many other strong female characters practically being stripped, molested, eaten, and digested is at it again.

Makes it worse is that he claims to "love" the character and thus draws her quite often. It's one of the reasons I don't check the Rosalina tag as much anymore. And this morning, there was disgusting bondage/peril art of her too. Two variations of one image, and then another separate one. Like god damn, this expression of "love" is Saika levels of twisted and messed up.

Anyway, I noticed something about the new Zelda.

The subtitle of "Breath of the Wild", references the gameplay, while all other Zelda subtitles reference a big story element (Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, etc).

That should put an emphasis on how much less focus a "main story quest" is gonna have in this game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's confirmed that there will be more legendaries (as in far more than the new ones in X/Y) outside of Solgaleo, Lunala, and the probably third legendary of that trio since Hala mentions that each island has a "guardian" they commemorate. Potential legendary trio (with a trio master)/quartet this generation?
One theory I saw was that Legend numero 4 was Zygarde so the game can showcase all the cool stuff they were gonna put in Pokemon Z.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wouldn't want another game where it's Ganon using another villain to do his bidding. It was okay in ALTTP and not as good in TP. Would rather Ganon be the one who's being used and the final conflict being against someone else. Almost like ALBW.

Would love if Dark Link was working under Ganon and then he turns on him mid-way through the game, absorbing his power and becoming a much greater threat than Ganon ever was. That way everything can come full circle with the Zelda 2 comparisons lol.

D

Deleted member

If you use Heracross you don't need a King's Rock, not to mention Heracross wouldn't trigger any abilities like Flame Body. If you need an item on your Skill Linker, get a damn Cloyster
But neither Cloyster nor Heracross are as fabulous as Cinccino
Style and flinching>Being a Mega

Strofirko

Smash Master
Tomorrow the stream will be focusing on TMS #FE,Color Splash,MH:Generations,DQ VII and the new Mario Party.

Mother 3 still rogue though.

And metroid FF is MIA

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope Sega's stream is good. At least better than their spelling.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
I already showed this in another thread, but I'm showing it again.
mdexp7t2rohjzrwxnqfg.jpg
You saw it coming.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pointless mini-rant that has nothing to do with anything:

"I think I'll check out the Rosalina tag on tumblr. There'll probably be a lot of posts of people being excited for her new amiibo, and some mariotehplumber jokes."

*sees the first image on the list currently*

God damn it that vore artist that loves drawing pictures of Rosalina and many other strong female characters practically being stripped, molested, eaten, and digested is at it again.

Makes it worse is that he claims to "love" the character and thus draws her quite often. It's one of the reasons I don't check the Rosalina tag as much anymore. And this morning, there was disgusting bondage/peril art of her too. Two variations of one image, and then another separate one. Like god damn, this expression of "love" is Saika levels of twisted and messed up.

Anyway, I noticed something about the new Zelda.

The subtitle of "Breath of the Wild", references the gameplay, while all other Zelda subtitles reference a big story element (Skyward Sword, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, etc).

That should put an emphasis on how much less focus a "main story quest" is gonna have in this game.
I love that about this title...

It's like taking a deep breath while immersing yourself in the vast world, 'taking it all in' so to speak...

Its a good change of pace since most other titles referenced an important plot element...

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I don't know that we can definitively say the title doesn't reference a plot element unless it's confirmed just yet. "Breath of the Wild" sounds like it could easily be some type of power or meter, or refer to something in the plot in a more ambiguous manner (i.e., the "wild" is put endanger of having its very life and soul taken from it).

I don't have a preference either way, as I'm confident the story will be strong regardless, but just sayin'.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People are saying Breath of Wild has bad graphics.

How exactly?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know that we can definitively say the title doesn't reference a plot element unless it's confirmed just yet. "Breath of the Wild" sounds like it could easily be some type of power or meter, or refer to something in the plot in a more ambiguous manner (i.e., the "wild" is put endanger of having its very life and soul taken from it).

I don't have a preference either way, as I'm confident the story will be strong regardless, but just sayin'.
Your second idea is pretty cool, actually, and could be what they are going for.

But I still think it's more of a reference to the feel of the game itself than the story. The other Zelda games usually reference something really concrete, like an object or a person, in their subtitle. "Breath of the Wild" is gonna be a roundabout, abstract reference to the story at most, I'd say, and seems to more encompass the feel of the game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just for the ****s, I seriously want the TMS#FE stream to be all based on the final dungeon to show "that scene". You know which scene I'm talking about. :troll:

Sure it would be huge spoilers, but that would be funny just to see people rage on Twitch.

D

Deleted member

How exactly?
Someone in another thread took issue with how the shadows were handled.

Personally, I think it's the best-looking 3D Zelda game since Wind Waker.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just for the ****s, I seriously want the TMS#FE stream to be all based on the final dungeon to show "that scene". You know which scene I'm talking about. :troll:

Sure it would be huge spoilers, but that would be funny just to see people rage on Twitch.
Faaaaaaaaaaiiiiaaaaaaaa Emberumu!

Yeah, the salt would be delicious if Nintendo actually did that. :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think the graphics are bad at all. Some small issues here and there but overall the art direction sells me.

However, the frame-rate definitely has some issues. I hope the NX version doesn't have them. And it'd be great if they could iron them out for Wii U too.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

How exactly?
LOL out of all the complaints. I mean compared to Horizon: Zero Dawn or God of War, sure, of course. But just like XCX it clearly pushes the boundaries of the weak system it's on, and art style is what's the most important to the graphical presentation of a Zelda game.

Hopefully the NX version can easily shut those people up. Speaking of which I do wonder what difference it will make to the overall immersion.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
However, the frame-rate definitely has some issues. I hope the NX version doesn't have them. And it'd be great if they could iron them out for Wii U too.
Ah, so it wasn't just my browser screwing up.

Yeah, hopefully they can improve that by launch.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" and "bad graphics" in the same sentence simply doesn't register with me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom