• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think Wolf Link being in the game is supposed to be considered canon in the first place. It's just an Amiibo feature...
That's what I've been trying to say since the beginning. That's why I was saying that not wanting Smash Zelda characters showing up through amiibo because they aren't canon to Zelda, is a reason that makes absolutely no sense, when Wolf Link already breaks canon.

But apparently it's Opposite Day today, and everyone's interpreting my posts to mean the exact opposite of what I typed.

I love lore, especially in Zelda. But if breaking canon means I get some cool partner characters through amiibo, I couldn't give two *****.

I also realise that Aonuma and Miyamoto are spearheading this game, and they aren't the best people for caring about canon.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Weeeeelll.

And for your information, Ganon IS a sexy beast. How can one not appreciate that dominating Gerudo figure he has? Not to mention that laugh that only a weak villain can be jealous of.
Whoah ****, it does look like him. This would only be seen as hidden propaganda for his future presidency. Definitely not a stretch unlike the Maxx Profitt Haltman jokes.

Yeah, I can't ignore the huge bara fallowing the King of Evil has (Neither will Bowser either)...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Weeeeelll.

And for your information, Ganon IS a sexy beast. How can one not appreciate that dominating Gerudo figure he has? Not to mention that laugh that only a weak villain can be jealous of.
You can't trump Yungoos. He's going to make Alola great again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think Wolf Link being in the game is supposed to be considered canon in the first place. It's just an Amiibo feature...
Pretty much.

But it DOES make canonical sense if you think about it. Only Wolf Link and LttP Link can dimension hop. Thus, it makes sense for only them to show up speaking strictly out of canon rules. But if it came down to it, Nintendo could make up whatever rules to explain any Link showing up. Look at HW.

If anything, Wolf Link showing up feels like homage to Princess Mononoke more than anything else. So I'd prefer if it stayed exclusive to him.

D

Deleted member

You can't Trump Yungoos. He's going to make Alola great again
If I was actually interested in Sun and Moon, I'd totally raise a Yungoos and nickname it "Donald Trump," and make Alola great again my beating the league with him as my main.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But why do people want Zelda Smash characters to show up in the first place?
People just proposed the question of what the Smash Zelda amiibo could do if they had functionality in the game.

I literally said "maybe you could summon the Smash versions of the characters as allies like Wolf Link?" as a throwaway idea.

I don't particularly want it. A question was asked, I provided an easy answer that would make sense given what we know of the game so far. That's all.

But only Nintenzone would find a way to have a problem with that.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imma say this one time and hopefully this is the only time it needs to be said. If you don't like Breath of the Wild's new stuff, you're dead on the inside.

Also lol tamashiihiroka said she doesn't want to play it because you play as Link. ****ing idiot

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't wait to see what the other amiibo give. I wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping it pure Zelda stuff only.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hmm.... I was curious; if you guys had to rate this question on a scale of 1 to 10, what are the chances Paper Mario: Color Splash will have changed to a full fledged RPG with good story elements and characters in these past few months of development? If I had to rate it, I'd say 5 out of 10; I'm just in the neutral, but I think it would take a lot more time to change up a game completely.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Imma say this one time and hopefully this is the only time it needs to be said. If you don't like Breath of the Wild's new stuff, you're dead on the inside.

Also lol tamashiihiroka said she doesn't want to play it because you play as Link. ****ing idiot
What? Doesn't want to play a Zelda game because you play as Link?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hmm.... If you guys had to rate this question on a scale of 1 to 10, what are the chances Paper Mario: Color Splash will have changed to a full fledged RPG with good story elements and characters in these past few months? If I had to rate it, I'd say 5 out of 10; I'm just in the neutral.
I would personally rate it a 3/10 because chances were this game is tailor-made for the Sticker Star fans. I don't see any of the older Paper Mario fans supporting this unless it is retooled into something they want (which is unlikely on its own).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What? Doesn't want to play a Zelda game because you play as Link?
She's also said ridiculous **** like how Diggersby is sexist. She deleted the tweet, but the internet will never forget. Most likely because she's the 'WAH WAH I WANT LADY LINK' kind of idiot. Not that a female Link wouldn't be cool, but it's something that I don't mind either way

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She's also said ridiculous **** like how Diggersby is sexist. She deleted the tweet, but the internet will never forget. Most likely because she's the 'WAH WAH I WANT LADY LINK' kind of idiot. Not that a female Link wouldn't be cool, but it's something that I don't mind either way
So in other words, she is another Tumblrite?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So after reading the last few pages I have to say...

I don't understand how Wolf Link being in Zelda Wii U/ NX messes with the Canon.

It's literally just an amiibo feature, nothing more.
It breaks the canon in the sense that Wolf Link should not be time travelling to this era of Hyrule. It doesn't make sense.

But that's if you care about how amiibo functionality would mess up canon, or try to interpret it as canon. I personally don't. They can go all out with this concept if they want to. Wolf Link already broke the door open.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Sonic amiibo support.

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I thought this was obvious. The fact that you need an Amiibo to do that screams "this is not canon but just something extra we put in, enjoy!".

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If there is towns, I think the lack of rupees is severely hampering their real use. Other than decoration

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm.... I was curious; if you guys had to rate this question on a scale of 1 to 10, what are the chances Paper Mario: Color Splash will have changed to a full fledged RPG with good story elements and characters in these past few months of development? If I had to rate it, I'd say 5 out of 10; I'm just in the neutral, but I think it would take a lot more time to change up a game completely.
I have some for the story, because it seems they've at least realised that was weak point of Sticker Star.

No hope for the battle mechanics though. 4/10 I guess?

Burruni

Smash Hero
We've been given nothing to trust.
Especially with it coming out in October, what's gonna be seen in the Treehouse is going to be a nearly finished version.

D

Deleted member

Link can climb up solid blocks of ice.

His grip must be Legendary
I want Link to grip my butt
Yep. She's also known for refusing to listen to criticism unless you have more subscribers than her. Then again, she blocks comments on her videos. She also thinks Cinccino is a better Skill Link user than Mega Heracross
Cinccino is betger tho
It gets more multi-hit moves, doesn't waste the Mega slot and has a nice scarf

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
People just proposed the question of what the Smash Zelda amiibo could do if they had functionality in the game.

I literally said "maybe you could summon the Smash versions of the characters as allies like Wolf Link?" as a throwaway idea.

I don't particularly want it. A question was asked, I provided an easy answer that would make sense given what we know of the game so far. That's all.

But only Nintenzone would find a way to have a problem with that.
Ah, okay. I see where you're coming from. Personally I doubt they would do anything more drastic with the Smash Zelda Amiibo than offering free Rupees and extra bombs/arrows/etc. if the developers decided to add functionality with them.

D

Deleted member

SJWs getting mad over pointless **** as usual, what else is new. Lol. They can play as a shirtless Link, why are they ********? The feminazi buttmad is glorious.

That said, I'd personally love it of Zelda's design took some inspiration from:

and was playable in a New Game + kinda feature.

Storywise, it'd be cool if she was a sort of rival to Link or whatever. I mean, after all, Sheik was a thing in OoT, and Zelda was very proactive in SS, I'd LOVE to see that expanded over making her a plot device again. She was also a partner in PH now that I think about it, and Tetra was cool. Seeing Zelda take on this kinda role would be cool, and San IS a Princess of sorts. Again, icing on the cake, and a playable Zelda for NG+ would be dope, and add tons of replay value for relatively easy programming.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I want Link to grip my butt

Cinccino is betger tho
It gets more multi-hit moves, doesn't waste the Mega slot and has a nice scarf
No it's ****ing not. They both have as many multi hit moves you need, you can set up by not going Mega to play mind games and that 186 attack stat outclasses nearly everything that little duster can offer

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Dream Drop Distance HD is confirmed to run at 60 FPS.

I already played KH1FM and KH2FM at 60 FPS, but it's still really cool that it's being done officially here.

Ah, okay. I see where you're coming from. Personally I doubt they would do anything more drastic with the Smash Zelda Amiibo than offering free Rupees and extra bombs/arrows/etc. if the developers decided to add functionality with them.
I personally don't want them to do the "free arrows/hearts" thing from TPHD if they are gonna use the Smash amiibo again.

It was fine in TPHD, but this new game has this real feeling of "you're out here to survive on your own. You need to make or find your own sustenance". That's really cool and immersive and getting free stuff through amiibo would ruin that IMO. Then again, I would just opt not to use it either way.

Wolf Link is amazing though because it interacts with your TPHD save file, and it gives you the option to have a canine partner. While I like lone wolf (no pun intended) experiences like this game can provide, I also love me some doggos. And Wolf Link is one of my favourites. I feel like he will really enhance the game experience, even if he isn't that useful (though he looks like he will be).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I personally don't want them to do the "free arrows/hearts" thing from TPHD if they are gonna use the Smash amiibo again.

It was fine in TPHD, but this new game has this real feeling of "you're out here to survive on your own. You need to make or find your own sustenance". That's really cool and immersive and getting free stuff through amiibo would ruin that IMO. Then again, I would just opt not to use it either way.
But I figure that's what the new Zelda Amiibo that they just showed off are for. As long as they do something more interesting, I wouldn't mind the Smash Amiibo just giving free stuff again.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But I figure that's what the new Zelda Amiibo that they just showed off are for. As long as they do something more interesting, I wouldn't mind the Smash Amiibo just giving free stuff again.
I'm personally hoping the Guardian amiibo gives you your own Guardian to wreck **** with.

Dunno what the two new Link amiibo could do other than give free stuff, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Breath of the Wild looks great, and I can't wait to play it next year.

As for the Wolf Link amiibo bonus, I think it looks neat, messing with the canon or not.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The world looks interesting to explore. I'm just hoping it has stuff to find

Looking around at these scenes, everything looks barren

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That actually wouldn't be a bad voice idea for Ganon.

If not, then something similar to this would be a perfect fit.
That can work as well. I've always found the Hyrule Warriors fandub a perfect interpretation of the characters if they were to be fully dubbed.

Though many people can agree that Impa sounds a bit too womanly and soft for her appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom