• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I know, but I was explaining how he was wished back during the Cell Arc, otherwise he couldn't get killed by Buu later.

Though it seems like I was late as hell anyway since a few others pointed out he came back.

Either way, it's cool he's gonna show up. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, hope each fighter gets to show what they are capable of.

Buu did literally nothing. Piccolo got sandbagged, he could have gotten the chance to have another fight, but passed it up to Vegeta. Vegeta was the MVP though, he went all out.
Yeah Vegeta did fine, but that's the thing.

Super has been the Goku and Vegeta show for a while now, I was actually shocked they let Trunks finish off Zamasu, but still.

I hope the non-Goku/Vegeta characters get to do some cool stuff too.

D

Deleted member

Oh wait, now my system clock says today is December 15, 2016. Time to look back at the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U swan song.

Regarding what happened exactly a year ago, it really was a mindblowing set of events. Boy, did the Hype Train crash hard right into the Sun that day. I for one ended up being indifferent towards Corrin. At first, I was a bit skeptical about adding him as there already were too many Fire Emblem characters in the roster, even though he seemed fun to play as, based on the gameplay footage shown during the stream. Admittedly, I stopped caring about that much afterwards. Adding the character to the game reminded me of how Roy was included in Melee, in which he was simply added in to the game as some form of advertisement for The Binding Blade, which was about to launch in Japan at the time.

Though my attention shifted directly towards Bayonetta, minutes before the Presentation ended. I really was surprised at her reveal, as well as the fact that she won the Ballot, being the most voted character in Europe, and among the top five in the Americas. I couldn't believe at what I was seeing on the screen. I mean, I was already well aware about the character and the games, but her inclusion made me all the more interested in them. Thanks to this growing interest, I managed to get a new copy of Bayonetta 2 featuring the first game on disc format in February, but that's another story. I guess this is the magic of Smash Bros. in that it introduces you to lots of characters and game series.

A couple of other things, such as the latest batch of Mii Fighter costumes, as well as the Umbra Clock Tower stage, were cool additions as well. Cloud was released on this day, too. I remember there were lots of salty meltdowns all over the place over both, not just in Smashboards but pretty much everywhere. But let's face it... in the end, it's just a video game. People shouldn't have gotten worked up all over it, but that's how things work. As the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want".

So, anyways, did you guys fly to the moon to be lost in thoughts all alone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you don't like em, don't buy them
I don't like this argument. It's like pulling up an everything-proof shield against criticism. Sure, the people going 'MMMMMMMICROTRANSACTIONS ARE SATANIC AND MUST BE PUUUUURGED' are clearly stupid, but I'm not criticizing the MT itself, but the context, as you stated, it's actually a bundle exclusive game. Thing is, AAA gaming doesn't know how to use microtransactions well more often than not. EA designed Garden Warfare to the point you'd need to use the microtransactions unless you wanted to grind for waaaaaaay too long, Overwatch had limited edition cosmetics which could ONLY be obtained by microtransactions (Though I do compliment Blizzard for giving the option to use in game currency for the later LE costumes), Assassin's Creed Syndicate had MTs that were more expensive than 2 copies of the game itself, etc.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero never stops being so fun and hilarious. I'm still in the middle of the the first run (where you play as Shantae) so I'm long ways from being done.

While still waiting for everything the Kickstarter promised me, this is HANDS DOWN the best thing I've EVER crowd funded period.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Finally, finally booted up Overwatch, and I learned something about myself today.

I'm such a bad Mei.

I'm such a very bad Mei.

Quote time.

Wait till he gets his own mobile game.

I'm half expecting it at this point.
Arcade Bunny for Smash Switch?

Throwing badges has to be at least as useful as bacon.

So, Super Mario Run costs more to buy than Shantae and the Pirate's curse at full price here.....

Uh, alright.
The choice is clear.

You're not losing out from the "full experience" because you can't get the Pepperoni Pizza Assault Rifle skin.
Real talk.

I want this now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Does Shantae HGH have a demo?

I'm interested in trying it out.
It was backer exclusive iirc
Man, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero never stops being so fun and hilarious. I'm still in the middle of the the first run (where you play as Shantae) so I'm long ways from being done.

While still waiting for everything the Kickstarter promised me, this is HANDS DOWN the best thing I've EVER crowd funded period.
Risky Mode was in the game, right? Can you tell me if her boots come back? Loved that power up

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
TBH I was pretty cheesed that #16 didn't come back because he was my favorite out of the Android group. I know he was purely mechanical and all that jazz though I honestly doubt Toriyama gives a crap about what makes sense.

I had a headcanon for the longest time that #16 did come back to life though GT and Super pretty much kill that possibility. I recall their being this very obscure DBZ game that had #16 coming back to life though. Forgot which one it was.
I wished that he showed up in the Future Trunks Arc. As his counterpart could still be alive in that world. But his is one of the few deaths that still have meaning in the series that established being brought back from the dead pretty early on.

Yeah Vegeta did fine, but that's the thing.

Super has been the Goku and Vegeta show for a while now, I was actually shocked they let Trunks finish off Zamasu, but still.

I hope the non-Goku/Vegeta characters get to do some cool stuff too.
I fully agree. This is literally the one thing I've been really wanting from DBS. DBZ did a pretty alright job at using it's cast. It seems like they are building something up for Gohan and Piccolo, since the two have been training together again. But it'd take a while for them to get near Goku and Vegeta. Less so for Gohan, seeing as he's a Saiyan.

At the very least, I want Gohan, Piccolo and #18 to get some sick fights.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't like this argument. It's like pulling up an everything-proof shield against criticism. Sure, the people going 'MMMMMMMICROTRANSACTIONS ARE SATANIC AND MUST BE PUUUUURGED' are clearly stupid, but I'm not criticizing the MT itself, but the context, as you stated, it's actually a bundle exclusive game. Thing is, AAA gaming doesn't know how to use microtransactions well more often than not. EA designed Garden Warfare to the point you'd need to use the microtransactions unless you wanted to grind for waaaaaaay too long, Overwatch had limited edition cosmetics which could ONLY be obtained by microtransactions (Though I do compliment Blizzard for giving the option to use in game currency for the later LE costumes), Assassin's Creed Syndicate had MTs that were more expensive than 2 copies of the game itself, etc.
Microtransactions are only an issue when implemented poorly. Also, you're wrong about the Overwatch one. I know which limited cosmetics you're talking about, and all though you couldn't purchase those with in-game currency, you could still earn them just by leveling up in-game.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Oh wait, now my system clock says today is December 15, 2016. Time to look back at the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U swan song.

Regarding what happened exactly a year ago, it really was a mindblowing set of events. Boy, did the Hype Train crash hard right into the Sun that day. I for one ended up being indifferent towards Corrin. At first, I was a bit skeptical about adding him as there already were too many Fire Emblem characters in the roster, even though he seemed fun to play as, based on the gameplay footage shown during the stream. Admittedly, I stopped caring about that much afterwards. Adding the character to the game reminded me of how Roy was included in Melee, in which he was simply added in to the game as some form of advertisement for The Binding Blade, which was about to launch in Japan at the time.

Though my attention shifted directly towards Bayonetta, minutes before the Presentation ended. I really was surprised at her reveal, as well as the fact that she won the Ballot, being the most voted character in Europe, and among the top five in the Americas. I couldn't believe at what I was seeing on the screen. I mean, I was already well aware about the character and the games, but her inclusion made me all the more interested in them. Thanks to this growing interest, I managed to get a new copy of Bayonetta 2 featuring the first game on disc format in February, but that's another story. I guess this is the magic of Smash Bros. in that it introduces you to lots of characters and game series.

A couple of other things, such as the latest batch of Mii Fighter costumes, as well as the Umbra Clock Tower stage, were cool additions as well. Cloud was released on this day, too. I remember there was salt and meltdowns all over the place over both, not just in Smashboards but pretty much everywhere. But let's face it... in the end, it's just a video game. People shouldn't have gotten worked all over it, but that's how things work. As the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want".

So, did you guys fly to the moon to be lost in thoughts all alone?
The final ending sentence there is fantastic. :laugh:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

A couple of other things, such as the latest batch of Mii Fighter costumes, as well as the Umbra Clock Tower stage, were cool additions as well. Cloud was released on this day, too. I remember there were lots of salty meltdowns all over the place over both, not just in Smashboards but pretty much everywhere. But let's face it... in the end, it's just a video game. People shouldn't have gotten worked all over it, but that's how things work. As the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want".

One year later, and I still refuse to believe Bayonetta legitimately won the ballot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Microtransactions are only an issue when implemented poorly. Also, you're wrong about the Overwatch one. I know which limited cosmetics you're talking about, and all though you couldn't purchase those with in-game currency, you could still earn them just by leveling up in-game.
Again, AAA gaming doesn't really know how to use them well and only used them for extra cash
By leveling up, you had a CHANCE of getting it by RNG, right? Because that's what I meant. You have to rely on RNG, and you can either constantly level up by wasting loads of time playing more and more, or buy a ****ton of lootboxes for the low, low price of a lootbox.
Really?
May I ask why?

I mean.. she won
so it should be done and over with
He refuses to believe it because he's salty and in denial

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

A couple of other things, such as the latest batch of Mii Fighter costumes, as well as the Umbra Clock Tower stage, were cool additions as well. Cloud was released on this day, too. I remember there were lots of salty meltdowns all over the place over both, not just in Smashboards but pretty much everywhere. But let's face it... in the end, it's just a video game. People shouldn't have gotten worked all over it, but that's how things work. As the philosopher Jagger once said, "You can't always get what you want".

Oh man, I remember that day.
All the offensive posts and threads.

It's weird to think that the speculation, the salt and all those things will probably start again next year.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It's weird to think that the speculation, the salt and all those things will probably start again next year.
It never really stopped.

BECAUSE THE RIDE NEVER, EVER ENDS!!!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Meanwhile in Canada...

Oh yeah that's frozen hell. Hopefully you have power and has because this would suck if you didn't have the utilities you need

I think there will be less salt than last year from every rumor going up high and how people overreact and overrate chances for certain characters and just having a ballot in effect made that happen.

This however is just a port with who Bamco wants to add. They won't use the ballot as much as people think and their choices will revolve around who they can easily add and how much they can balance it.

Besides, the real stuff is when a BRAND NEW Smash game from the ground up is announced and it's all fair game.

I just hope people learn and not use the same idea that was set for Smash 4 to work in Smash 5.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think he was brought back when they wished everyone who was killed by Cell was alive again. After that, he sorta just lived on his own. Though it didn't work for #16 because he's entirely mechanical.

I think he has a small cameo in the Buu Saga during the Spirit Bomb scene, same with Launch.
I don't get this sentence.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One year later, and I still refuse to believe Bayonetta legitimately won the ballot.
They literally said she's the 4th most requested worldwide, winning the top spot in Europe in particular.

While I'm curious as to who was above her, it's still a high enough placement to warrant inclusion. I had a feeling that maybe they were waiting for the next Smash game so that they have someone hype enough for the game's reveal. Either that, or Konami wouldn't give a ***** Snake, let alone anyone new like Simon Belmont.

I just want Mega Man to stay in Smash from here on out. Sonic too, but I don't use him that much.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Again, AAA gaming doesn't really know how to use them well and only used them for extra cash
By leveling up, you had a CHANCE of getting it by RNG, right? Because that's what I meant. You have to rely on RNG, and you can either constantly level up by wasting loads of time playing more and more, or buy a ****ton of lootboxes for the low, low price of a lootbox.

He refuses to believe it because he's salty and in denial
I'm not seeing the issue here. It's important to note that they're all just cosmetics in the end. I understand the want to have the items, but it's not going to bar you from getting that sweet team-kill. Yeah, there are examples of games that do things wrong, but there's also examples of games that do them right. Overwatch is part of the games that handle it right.

D

Deleted member

Frostwraith Frostwraith are you caught up with BSD? Last episode is tomorrow and I need someone to discuss it :seuss:

Meanwhile, japanese cartoon makes Zoroarking emotionally unstable. More at 11.
Meanwhile in Canada...

I'd take that snow over the melting sun that we've been having here for some weeks

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I swear,

Updating my PS4 is always such a hassle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't get this sentence.
#17 and #18 are actually part human. Which is why 18 was able to have a kid with Krillin. I think in the comics they are actually called Cyborgs rather than Androids, which would be accurate since they are only part robot.

#16(The big guy) is only robotic. So he couldn't be brought back to life, he was never "alive" in the traditional sense.

I don't know if that helps with explaining things though. Though one would think a loophole could work, but I wouldn't want his death undone anyway.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I had a headcanon for the longest time that #16 did come back to life though GT and Super pretty much kill that possibility. I recall their being this very obscure DBZ game that had #16 coming back to life though. Forgot which one it was.
Yes, DBZ 2: Super Battle, an arcade game, showed that.
I fully agree. This is literally the one thing I've been really wanting from DBS. DBZ did a pretty alright job at using it's cast. It seems like they are building something up for Gohan and Piccolo, since the two have been training together again. But it'd take a while for them to get near Goku and Vegeta. Less so for Gohan, seeing as he's a Saiyan.

At the very least, I want Gohan, Piccolo and #18 to get some sick fights.
So we have 3 Saiyans, 3 Earthlings, 1 Namekian, 2 Androids and a Majin Buu. Variety for once.

What I want to see though is some new techniques from some fighters, I also wonder if everyone's going to be receiving training from Whis, it'd make sense.

Also kinda wished Goku and Vegeta would wear their Whis Gi for this Arc, it was such a breath of fresh air. Some new outfits for Krillin, maybe Piccolo and especially Gohan would've been nice too, Gohan should represent himself instead of Goku or Piccolo for once.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Finally, finally booted up Overwatch, and I learned something about myself today.

I'm such a bad Mei.

I'm such a very bad Mei.

Quote time.

Arcade Bunny for Smash Switch?

Throwing badges has to be at least as useful as bacon.

The choice is clear.

Real talk.

I want this now.
One Pepperoni Pizza coming right up

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh yeah that's frozen hell. Hopefully you have power and has because this would suck if you didn't have the utilities you need
Nah, this is just typical Winter for us Canucks. We're conditioned to brace ourselves for this kind of weather and quite frankly I find it exhilarating. Prefer it over the burning hot weather in the Summer time.

As for power concerns i'm pretty much good. That kind of stuff never happens around here.

The last time I lost any power from a winter storm as a matter of fact was back in late-2013 when I lost internet for 3 days. Needless to say that was a very long 3 days. :ohwell:
Keep that, if you dont mind
Don't worry, I got your back. :shades:

Just curious, what do you consider to be very cold? I assume your from Florida based on some of your posts.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

So we have 3 Saiyans, 3 Earthlings, 1 Namekian, 2 Androids and a Majin Buu. Variety for once.

What I want to see though is some new techniques from some fighters, I also wonder if everyone's going to be receiving training from Whis, it'd make sense.

Also kinda wished Goku and Vegeta would wear their Whis Gi for this Arc, it was such a breath of fresh air. Some new outfits for Krillin, maybe Piccolo and especially Gohan would've been nice too, Gohan should represent himself instead of Goku or Piccolo for once.
I like Gohan wearing either Goku's or Piccolo's clothing. Shows how high he views each of them. Though I wouldn't be upset if Gohan wore the Saiyaman outfit like he did for the Buu arc Tournament. I agree with Krillin, it'd be cool to see him get a new gi. Piccolo hasn't changed his design much, it'd be rather jarring.

I miss Buu Arc Vegeta though, that was his best suit, it's also gotta be easier to draw. With Goku, I could go with either costume.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'd take that snow over the melting sun that we've been having here for some weeks[/USER]
As would I! I absolutely loathe hot weather and I can tolerate cold weather.
Holy crap dude! You're spot on with your DBZ knowledge. I now proclaim you a DBZ Guru!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm not seeing the issue here. It's important to note that they're all just cosmetics in the end. I understand the want to have the items, but it's not going to bar you from getting that sweet team-kill. Yeah, there are examples of games that do things wrong, but there's also examples of games that do them right. Overwatch is part of the games that handle it right.
They are optional cosmetics, yes, but they were not only highly desirable but limited edition, meaning if you had it, you were the coolest kid in class. The ONLY way to get the highly desirable thing was RNG, either by playing as much as you can or by spending as much as you can, and it's still possible to get duplicates. Granted, duplicates can be converted into in game currency now, but that wouldn't have helped for the costumes. Imagine if instead of money, you'd be paid in objects worth your monthly paycheck. You're in the mood for a nice strawberry cake, but instead you get a can of worms or shoe shine. Or you want to get a limited edition copy of Mahvel Infinite with an artbook and other goodies included, but you get a bag of sweets and kitty litter despite not owning a cat

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So another thing I learned while playing Overwatch today.

I have my gaming mice set up for business purposes - programmables are Select All, Copy, Paste - and I didn't bother changing that around yet.

Turns out Ctrl-V puts characters into a crouch and does a quick melee strike simultaneously.

I have hotkeyed the nutcracker.

This is the best day of my week.

One Pepperoni Pizza coming right up
I thought it was a joke.

It is the best day of my week.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
#17 and #18 are actually part human. Which is why 18 was able to have a kid with Krillin. I think in the comics they are actually called Cyborgs rather than Androids, which would be accurate since they are only part robot.

#16(The big guy) is only robotic. So he couldn't be brought back to life, he was never "alive" in the traditional sense.

I don't know if that helps with explaining things though. Though one would think a loophole could work, but I wouldn't want his death undone anyway.
Oh yeah that's why it confused me. I always think the female is 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom