• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think we're playing differemt games then because it can't be rushed like that
Trainers are suprisingly nasty and you have basically no opportunities to grind because **** you let's leave the wild Pokemon levels the same as if you were playing FRLG
Not to mention it's much bigger and open than Johto so exploring takes even more time
Oh, and let's not forget the grindfest that Red is
I went to Kanto prepared, most of my team was around level 55 when I beat Surge. How did I do that? I grinded in Victory Road. Was somewhat slow but after that I was prepared for just about everything, and my team gained more levels as I progressed so I didn't really need to grind them up until Red.
Though to be fair, I had 2 things that you didn't:
1. I played the game on an emulator so I could speed it up whenever I want to, which was just about all the time except in Major battles and important story stuff.
2. I hacked the game to get a lucky egg (though I only used it in my grinding sessions)
Don't give me that look. I don't like grinding. No one does.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today is December 15, the day when the final Smash Direct came out and revealed the final batch of DLC information for Smash 4.

It was a pretty memorable day for me. I remember watching the beginning of the Direct and seeing Ryoma, immediately making me hyped we were getting Fates content after all. At the time, I wanted Azura to be the Fates rep, so I was hoping she'd be revealed during it. It seemed more and more likely that it was going to be Corrin though because the nature of the reveal was trying to mimic that famous scene from the game, but I still hoped for Azura, thinking Sakurai could surprise us just like he did with Robin.

When Corrin was revealed, it made me feel a bit unhappy at first. I didn't have any interest in the character prior to the Direct because I didn't think he/she could stand out in a unique way, not to mention I hard time imagining how would they pull off the manakete aspect to him. Boy was I blown away when I saw the gameplay footage. They implemented the manakete skills perfectly, and they even gave bigger focus to that compared to the sword. That made me pretty hyped to play Corrin, and buy the time he/she finally came out, the hype was worth it. Corrin turned out to be a really fun addition, one who even became my main secondary to this day.

Also, that Lost in Thoughts All Alone Remix is gold. I wish we had a Fates stage to tag along with Corrin's reveal though.

Bayonetta was another surprise to me. Prior to the Direct, I thought her chances of appearing in Smash would be higher around Smash 5, so to see her make the Smash 4 roster was something I didn't expect for the most part. I was also surprised to hear she won the Smash Ballot, especially when you saw those polls leading up to the reveal that suggested characters like K. Rool, Wolf, Inkling, etc. would take the cake.

But for the final character reveal, they handled Bayonetta perfectly to fit that kind of theme. I also found her Smash moveset to be pretty fun. Sadly, I have not mastered her to this day since I'm not the best at combo-heavy characters, but I think she was a really great addition to the roster. Bayonetta was also memorable to me because she threw out the "you need to be a gaming icon" rule that was previously with every speculated third party character in Smash, and she proved that a silent majority triumphs over a vocal minority (if the polls were anything to go by).

Her stage was really fun too, and the music selection was pretty nice.

Even in the midst of the hype of the Direct, I remember feeling pretty sad by the end of it because I knew that was it for Smash DLC and my most wanted character ultimately didn't make the cut.

'Twas a memorable day indeed.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
One year ago today, Cloud Bayonetta and Corrin were confirmed for amiibo development.

:V

D

Deleted member

I went to Kanto prepared, most of my team was around level 55 when I beat Surge. How did I do that? I grinded in Victory Road. Was somewhat slow but after that I was prepared for just about everything, and my team gained more levels as I progressed so I didn't really need to grind them up until Red.
Though to be fair, I had 2 things that you didn't:
1. I played the game on an emulator so I could speed it up whenever I want to, which was just about all the time except in Major battles and important story stuff.
2. I hacked the game to get a lucky egg (though I only used it in my grinding sessions)
Don't give me that look. I don't like grinding. No one does.
Then don't try to count what you did as a usual playthrough because:
1-All the time you grinded on VR should count, just because it wasn't ON Kanto doesn't mean it shouldn't count to the total playtime
2-Speeding up the game obviously cuts off the grinding time
3-Lucky Egg also cuts off the grinding since it's not normally avaible in Johto
One year ago today, we were lied to

:V
Fixed

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I just felt that it was the best way to go really when you think about it.

Cloud appeals to gamers in general

K. Rool appeals to the hardcore gamers,

Bayonetta appeals to newer gamers

I don't doubt that K. Rool was one of the top choices in there given he's hugely popular in both the West and Japan which is a huge bonus for any character.
Bayonetta gamers are not hardcore? Yet it's a very niche, difficult game??
How can you tell K Rool would be the absolute best choice outside of smashboards and other minority internet forums? Man, give me a break. (you said something about him being best choice in ur opinion earlier).

Sorry but I feel like in every post about the topic you've made in the past few pages, the first post especially, you tried to say arguments against Corrin and Bayo. There was at least one in every post and seemingly noone agreed with you anyway.

I see all this as just another opportunity to vent out.
Quitting Smashboards for a few months and being very angry about the result tells me everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never had a problem with Johto's level progression because I just over-leveled my starter and Lugia most of the game. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sister a few days ago: "You aren't being responsible enough to be on your own for the week, you haven't done the dishes, you don't hoover every day, the cat's litterbox smells, I don't care if you have school and long ass shifts!"
ALSO my sister: *makes ANOTHER hole in a package of salad so it will always fall out, leaves all lights on, doesn't close the door so the cat doesn't go upstairs and makes a huge ass mess in the house without cleaning it up*
She did that in an hour. I want to smack her next time she says I'm not responsible despite my 10 hour shift at work

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I know an artist who 'boycotted' Nintendo art because K. Rool didn't make it in while Bayonetta did. He is still on said boycott.

Some people have NO chill.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The first time I played through Gen 2 I couldn't figure out how to get past Sudowoodo (forgive me for not talking to every ****ing person in Goldenrod) so I stayed in that bug park grinding. My Feraligatr was over level 60 before I got to the fourth gym. xD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as a little Pokémon update and a serious question.

Is it wrong that I want Lusamine in Smash as a punching bag?

Easily the most hatable Pokémon villain since Ghetsis.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Chrono.

The first time I played through Gen 2 I couldn't figure out how to get past Sudowoodo (forgive me for not talking to every ****ing person in Goldenrod) so I stayed in that bug park grinding. My Feraligatr was over level 60 before I got to the fourth gym. xD
I did something similar-ish in Gen 3 the first time I played it.

I never let my Mudkip evolve and by the time I reached the league it was lv70 and my other 3 or 2 mons were in their 30s and 40s.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait, let me look out.
So, from what my computer say, we are in the year 20XX.
God have mercy on our soul.
I can hear the endless sea of blips drawing closer every day.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can hear the endless sea of blips drawing closer every day.
Yeah, the remake of The Shining is coming closer every day, and to be honest, I think it will surpass the Kubrick version for sure.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ugh, I'm sure this has be discussed to high hell in my time away, but Mario Run being a timed exclusive for Apple is so damn stupid.

I support Nintendo so much because I don't have to worry about crap like timed exclusives on my console.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just as a little Pokémon update and a serious question.

Is it wrong that I want Lusamine in Smash as a punching bag?

Easily the most hatable Pokémon villain since Ghetsis.
Lusamine easily is a MILDUFWTUZM
Mother I'd Like to Destroy Using the Full Wrath of my Team Using Z-Moves.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But all the other characters do?

All you need is good art direction, and any character from any franchise can fit. "Oh? They're from a rated M game?" Just tone down the rated M stuff, bam, they fit in Smash!
I dunno... Bayonetta feels super forced to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
YOOOOOO.

The next Dragon Ball Super Arc is gonna be another tournament. Reminds me of the first show, where there's one after the last major arc. The whole crew is in it, even ****ING #17. I hope most of the others gets at least one good fight.

Chrono.

YOOOOOO.

The next Dragon Ball Super Arc is gonna be another tournament. Reminds me of the first show, where there's one after the last major arc. The whole crew is in it, even ****ING #17. I hope most of the others gets at least one good fight.

Vegeta's VA made a pretty funny tweet about this, complete with an autocorrect botch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was so surreal seeing Arcade Bunny casually mention he has an iPad today on Badge Arcade.

Hell I honestly didn't even expect him to mention Super Mario Run.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom