• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

It was so surreal seeing Arcade Bunny casually mention he has an iPad today on Badge Arcade.

Hell I honestly didn't even expect him to mention Super Mario Run.
Wait till he gets his own mobile game.

I'm half expecting it at this point.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yamaha should get his bandit look back

He just looks like Saiyan-

Edit: lol, it's Gohan

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
YOOOOOO.

The next Dragon Ball Super Arc is gonna be another tournament. Reminds me of the first show, where there's one after the last major arc. The whole crew is in it, even ****ING #17. I hope most of the others gets at least one good fight.

ANDROID 17?!?! HOLY ****!!!!!

Now if only they'd remember a few other characters.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So its one year to the day that I started using one of my mains....
:4cloud:

And something ironically funny....
I was one of those who initially upset about Corrin's addition, and recently she's pretty much a regular in my Smash rotations...
People seriously need to get over their saltiness...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
These potato matches in Saltybet are the best
Have you heard any of the Saltybet songs yet? They pop up in the music rotation once in a while.

Basically someone who's a surprisingly good singer serenades you with parody songs about Saltybet, potato matches, etc. while the comment section starts groaning. The first time it happened it took me off guard.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Despite the low amount of Doggo (Undertale) fanart, I managed to of found a thing.

A ****ing Metal Gear Solid reference.

Undertale consumes all.
---
In other news, I'm debating on getting an Xbox One soon.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I will definitely spend 10's of hours Shield-boarding like this pretty much everywhere.
Also the background at the start is very pretty.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Have you heard any of the Saltybet songs yet? They pop up in the music rotation once in a while.

Basically someone who's a surprisingly good singer serenades you with parody songs about Saltybet, potato matches, etc. while the comment section starts groaning. The first time it happened it took me off guard.
Yeah, I heard Salt Hand a few days ago and I heard Potato Match a few minutes ago, it was amazing

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still can't believe that the final boss of Peace Walker has a J-Pop song in it.
Or how that, it actually fit so well given who is the Final Boss.
MGS is really something special, and the final boss are no exception. (Excepted MGS V but V pretty much fail on 70% of what made a MG game good, so yeah...)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh hey, Super Mario Run is out, let's see what people think about it.

*Checks Twitter*

The one time Nintendo tries to deviate from the norm of micro-transactions by paying for an advertised price of $10 upfront, people give Nintendo **** for it because "$10 isn't the price of a mobile game!" and "What? They never told us this!" :facepalm:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

*Checks Twitter*

The one time Nintendo tries to deviate from the norm (and have said what the price is) people give Nintendo **** for it :facepalm:
Wait. 'microtransactions have no place in a mobile game'? What the ****? Who are these morons? Microtransactions SHOULD be on mobile if anything. Do the people saying that think MW3 Remastered having Microtransactions despite being a pre-order exclusive game is good?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

*Checks Twitter*

The one time Nintendo tries to deviate from the norm of micro-transactions by paying for an advertised price of $10 upfront, people give Nintendo **** for it because "$10 isn't the price of a mobile game!" and "What? They never told us this!" :facepalm:
'Gotta need those salty fries ya know? Being salty at Nintendo those day make salt easier to get than anything you can think of.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I thought Android 17 was dead.
He didn't die, he just went off to live in the wilderness and become a ranger. It's not something mentioned directly in the show or manga though, just something Toriyama filled in when asked about it.

ninja'd

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

*Checks Twitter*

People being used to mobile prices is understandable if a bit subjective on how warranted it is considering the circumstances.

"They never told us this" is a bit mind breaking, though, because they did. Several times. :facepalm:

Chrono.

He didn't die, he just went off to live in the wilderness and become a ranger. It's not something mentioned directly in the show or manga though, just something Toriyama filled in when asked about it.

ninja'd
He does actually show up as a park ranger when Goku is building up energy for the Spirit Bomb in the Kid Buu arc. But yeah, I don't think they actually go into detail as to what he does until Toriyama came forward.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Do the people saying that think MW3 Remastered having Microtransactions despite being a pre-order exclusive game is good?
MW3 Remastered?

I didn't know we were this far into the CoD remasters :p

People being used to mobile prices is understandable if a bit subjective on how warranted it is considering the circumstances.

"They never told us this" is a bit mind breaking, though, because they did. Several times. :facepalm:
Yeah, the biggest problem I have with the complaints are those people saying we were never told it was going to be $10.

And I agree, the $10 price point is very subjective, the only reason I have a problem with it being that I often pay $70-$80 AUD for my games, so $10 for a Mario game is a godsend imo, even if it's a mobile game.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

*Checks Twitter*

I understand the concern over the price (for a game than can be beaten in an hour, $10 is pricey) but that is strange indeed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
MW3 Remastered?

I didn't know we were this far into the CoD remasters :p

Yeah, the biggest problem I have with the complaints are those people saying we were never told it was going to be $10.

And I agree, the $10 price point is very subjective, the only reason I have a problem with it being that I often pay $70-$80 AUD for my games, so $10 for a Mario game is a godsend imo, even if it's a mobile game.
gdi I hate my lack of knowledge at this

Chrono.

I understand the concern over the price (for a game than can be beaten in an hour, $10 is pricey) but that is strange indeed.
I heard there's some replay value in it at least.

Probably not totally worth the 10 dollar tag depending on who you are.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

ninja'd
Oh well I guess that's why I never knew.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Halle frigging ujah! Exams are finally done and all is right with the world other than me freezing outside today.

Coricus Coricus

Also picked up Uncharted at EB Games today for a very cheap price. Haven't played it other than the demo so I reckon it's about time I run this game sometime during the holidays.

I got a pretty hefty list of games I need to go through before my next semester rolls around.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought Android 17 was dead.
I think he was brought back when they wished everyone who was killed by Cell was alive again. After that, he sorta just lived on his own. Though it didn't work for #16 because he's entirely mechanical.

I think he has a small cameo in the Buu Saga during the Spirit Bomb scene, same with Launch.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Wait. 'microtransactions have no place in a mobile game'? What the ****? Who are these morons? Microtransactions SHOULD be on mobile if anything. Do the people saying that think MW3 Remastered having Microtransactions despite being a pre-order exclusive game is good?
Well, to be fair, it's not like it's a bad thing either. It's all about how it's implemented and what you can buy with it.

Anyways, this might be a dumb theory, but maybe the people complaining about the $10 price-tag aren't the same people complaining about microtransactions. It's just a theory though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think he was brought back when they wished everyone who was killed by Cell was alive again. After that, he sorta just lived on his own. Though it didn't work for #16 because he's entirely mechanical.

I think he has a small cameo in the Buu Saga during the Spirit Bomb scene, same with Launch.
#17 actually got killed twice. Once was with Cell self-destructing and the other was either Super Buu's human extinction attack or Kid Buu blowing up the planet.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
YOOOOOO.

The next Dragon Ball Super Arc is gonna be another tournament. Reminds me of the first show, where there's one after the last major arc. The whole crew is in it, even ****ING #17. I hope most of the others gets at least one good fight.

We got Gohan, Tien and 17?
Sign me the **** up

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not liking what I'm seeing for Supper Malleo Run right now. Even if it gets released for Android, no thank you unless they fix some things.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, to be fair, it's not like it's a bad thing either. It's all about how it's implemented and what you can buy with it.

Anyways, this might be a dumb theory, but maybe the people complaining about the $10 price-tag aren't the same people complaining about microtransactions. It's just a theory though.
I usually go easy if the microtransactions are fair like Halo, but the game can only be gotten by pre-ordering. Unless Activision gives it an individual release, that's extra scummy. And it's Activision, I doubt they'll implement them well

I'm only questioning the ****ing morons who say microtransactions are out of place for mobile

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, Super Mario Run costs more to buy than Shantae and the Pirate's curse at full price here.....

Uh, alright.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
#17 actually got killed twice. Once was with Cell self-destructing and the other was either Super Buu's human extinction attack or Kid Buu blowing up the planet.
I know, but I was explaining how he was wished back during the Cell Arc, otherwise he couldn't get killed by Buu later.

Though it seems like I was late as hell anyway since a few others pointed out he came back.

Either way, it's cool he's gonna show up. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, hope each fighter gets to show what they are capable of.

Well every team needs jobbers.

Here's hoping they do better than the last tournament.
Buu did literally nothing. Piccolo got sandbagged, he could have gotten the chance to have another fight, but passed it up to Vegeta. Vegeta was the MVP though, he went all out.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's ironic the ******** about Super Mario Run costing $10 when people probably have spent more in microtransactions in a single game.

Not that I care much about mobile gaming anyway, but the irony is noted.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's Nintendo's way of advertising PiCu :troll:
No, but seriously this is bad.

Nintendo made a big deal of releasing SMR in 150 countries, but with it coming so late to Android and with no regional pricing, the chances of it gaining any new customers are virtually nil.

It's selling on brand power alone. And that's not enough if you're looking to expand your base.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I usually go easy if the microtransactions are fair like Halo, but the game can only be gotten by pre-ordering. Unless Activision gives it an individual release, that's extra scummy. And it's Activision, I doubt they'll implement them well

I'm only questioning the ****ing morons who say microtransactions are out of place for mobile
That second part wasn't aimed at you, just general. Should've clarified.

As for the microtransactions on a game you can only get via an $80 bundle (it's not pre-order only), none of them are required to play the game or give you an edge, so really it's not as big of an issue as people make it out to be. It's all just cosmetics, things to personalize yourself with, and they're all things you can get in-game. I'd say it's implemented perfectly fine.

People keep blasting Microtransactions as though it were the devil because it's initial implementations were weak, or that they thing they're being "gimped" from the "full experience." If you don't like em, don't buy them. You're not losing out from the "full experience" because you can't get the Pepperoni Pizza Assault Rifle skin.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I know, but I was explaining how he was wished back during the Cell Arc, otherwise he couldn't get killed by Buu later.

Though it seems like I was late as hell anyway since a few others pointed out he came back.

Either way, it's cool he's gonna show up. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, hope each fighter gets to show what they are capable of.

Buu did literally nothing. Piccolo got sandbagged, he could have gotten the chance to have another fight, but passed it up to Vegeta. Vegeta was the MVP though, he went all out.
TBH I was pretty cheesed that #16 didn't come back because he was my favorite out of the Android group. I know he was purely mechanical and all that jazz though I honestly doubt Toriyama gives a crap about what makes sense.

I had a headcanon for the longest time that #16 did come back to life though GT and Super pretty much kill that possibility. I recall their being this very obscure DBZ game that had #16 coming back to life though. Forgot which one it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom