• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm fine with Iron Galaxy doing it, although I would prefer Capcom do it themselves. I mean as long as it doesn't launch like Street Fighter V did.

I agree wholly. Respawn and Id are great choices. Just don't get too crazy with the gadgets. No wall running please.

Eh, Level-5's RPGs are hit or miss. Remember White Knight Chronicles? Gross. I think Camelot can handle it, and I personally think they're working on it right now. They've been quiet on the series but since their Sports games were released and they're just helping on the new Mario Sports Superstars (Most of it is Namco, I think) they can wholly focus on a new Golden Sun hopefully for Switch.

Tagging JaidynReiman JaidynReiman and @N3ON just in case they have input here.
I think Camelot can handle it... with help. I feel like Monolith might use some of its extra support to help make a good quality Golden Sun.

Camelot have provided the Golf part of Mario Sports Superstars.

I was wondering why I was getting a notification here... ok, well, this came up two days ago lol. I don't check Smashboards very often an especially this week I'm extremely busy with work.

Personally I didn't like Ni No Kuni very much, but I'm really looking forward to the next one. Its addressing all my biggest complaints about the first (familiars, more in-depth story, interesting characters). Yes I do mean familiars, I hated them in Ni No Kuni. The new gameplay looks epic and it appears familiars are gone.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
@Zoroarking You read/watch Magi, right? The ****ing manga is out of ****ing control. Many people dont even know if they like it anymore because of this final arc

Sinbad is planning a mass ****ing suicude. Even worse, JAFAR is going along with it. If Ja'far dies, I swear to god I will scream

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to be all over this anime for the rest of the day so let's start this already:
Wandering Son looks beautiful, this artstyle is just too perfect, 40% of an episode can be used as a background, either for a desktop or a phone lockscreen
I mean, JUST LOOK AT THIS
@Zoroarking You read/watch Magi, right? The ****ing manga is out of ****ing control. Many people dont even know if they like it anymore because of this final arc

Sinbad is planning a mass ****ing suicude. Even worse, JAFAR is going along with it. If Ja'far dies, I swear to god I will scream
I don't watch nor read Magi, though I did give the first episode a try
Didn't interest me that much but if it gets better after it then I could try it again later on

Chrono.

Went on "How Long To Beat" to check which RPGs in my to do list are the longest/shortest

Some results were surprising

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Went on "How Long To Beat" to check which RPGs in my to do list are the longest/shortest

Some results were surprising

Let's see which Pokemon game is the longest
Screenshot_2016-12-15-14-46-17-1.png
Yeah, there's, like, literally no way DP is longer than HGSS
Main story? Sure, Johto doesn't take that long. But with Kanto as extra? Hell no
Much less if you try to go completionist because of the ****ING BATTLE FRONTIER
Hell, even Platinum takes less than DP according to that site, who submits these things?
30.5 for S/M is a little extreme.
Mayb if you cout post-game and be semi-dilligent on capturing.
I took a little more I believe, but I caught as much stuff as possible, though it's not like that added much to the final count
If only SM had a proper Hall of Fame like past games, I could see exactly how long I took but all we get is "you used these pokemon, 'kay?"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Moon took me 70 hours because I explored a lot and used features like FP and Pelago.
IIRC the leakers took a little bit less of 25 hours to rush the game with some difficulties due the small jumps in levels of the opponents.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Rgoue One is pretty damn good. Fourth best Star Wars.

The scale of everything is really good as you would expect from a Gareth Edwards film.
If I had any issues it would be two CG characters looking dodgy (they aren't in the film much anyway), Vader's voice at times (James Earl Jones is ancient though so it's understandable) and some characters (Bodhi, Chirrut and Baze in particular) needing more development. Some pretty good comedy moments, action is great and generally really good acting all around.

Plenty of easter eggs throughout. One of which being "General Syndulla" being mentioned in the background via loudspeaker.
You also see the two guys that attack Luke in ANH on Jedha.
R2 and Threepio have cameos.
The Ghost is in the Battle of Scarif.
Apparently missed the Godzilla easter egg.

Vader's two scenes were classic Vader at his finest.

A bunch of lines from the trailers weren't in the film. Stuff like "I Rebel." and "You destroyed our home!" are missing completely.

"What are we some kinda Rogue One?"/10

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rgoue One is pretty damn good. Fourth best Star Wars.

The scale of everything is really good as you would expect from a Gareth Edwards film.
If I had any issues it would be two CG characters looking dodgy (they aren't in the film much anyway), Vader's voice at times (James Earl Jones is ancient though so it's understandable) and some characters (Bodhi, Chirrut and Baze in particular) needing more development. Some pretty good comedy moments, action is great and generally really good acting all around.

Plenty of easter eggs throughout. One of which being "General Syndulla" being mentioned in the background via loudspeaker.
You also see the two guys that attack Luke in ANH on Jedha.
R2 and Threepio have cameos.
The Ghost is in the Battle of Scarif.
Apparently missed the Godzilla easter egg.

Vader's two scenes were classic Vader at his finest.

A bunch of lines from the trailers weren't in the film. Stuff like "I Rebel." and "You destroyed our home!" are missing completely.

"What are we some kinda Rogue One?"/10

That's great to hear.
Looking forward to seeing this at Disney Springs in a couple of days.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Let's see which Pokemon game is the longest
Yeah, there's, like, literally no way DP is longer than HGSS
Main story? Sure, Johto doesn't take that long. But with Kanto as extra? Hell no
Much less if you try to go completionist because of the ****ING BATTLE FRONTIER
Hell, even Platinum takes less than DP according to that site, who submits these things?
Kanto is easy to rush with a team of Lv. 55, specially because all the leaders have similar levels and there's less story quests (iirc the only ones are the Power Plant and crashing Misty's date). If Red is considered endgame then you can finish it with a team on Lv. 70 and good strats.

Sinnoh is long, specially due the navigation problems, like Mt. Coronet. Some routes are are pretty long and others challenging, like the one leading to Snowpoint thar has that blizzard that slows you down.

DP is longer than Pt because the latter one is smoother; DP had that clunky engine that made loading times in battle way longer, as an accomulated measure these slowdowns are pretty time consuming. Also the E4 of DP is slightly stronger than Pt. so if beating Cynthia for the first time is considered endgame then DP takes longer because it needs me grinding, which means more battles and more slowdown.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Happy to be hearing good things about Rogue One! Definitely want to see it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow they didn't give Ash Litten today. I'm slightly disappointed.

Although it looks like maybe he'll get it later on... Hard to say though. He at least befriended it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Best stage music in the game right here.
EDIT: Akuma theme and Stage theme

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wandering Son appreciation post #2:
Holy **** this opening is so good, listen to it
The ending is also really good, so much that it's one of those that I don't skip like usual
Kanto is easy to rush with a team of Lv. 55, specially because all the leaders have similar levels and there's less story quests (iirc the only ones are the Power Plant and crashing Misty's date). If Red is considered endgame then you can finish it with a team on Lv. 70 and good stra
Almost no one will be Lv55 by the time they reach Kanto, being at most Lv50
I'm playing it again right now and my team is just hitting 50 after Surge and some exploring in central Kanto(Saffron and its surroundings)
And getting to Lv70 is no easy task in a game where the strongest wild Pokemon are ~Lv48
You can't just rush Kanto that easily
Sinnoh is long, specially due the navigation problems, like Mt. Coronet. Some routes are are pretty long and others challenging, like the one leading to Snowpoint thar has that blizzard that slows you down.

DP is longer than Pt because the latter one is smoother; DP had that clunky engine that made loading times in battle way longer, as an accomulated measure this slowdowns are pretty time consuming. Also the E4 of DP is slightly stronger than Pt. so if beating Cynthia for the first time is considered endgame then DP takes longer because it needs me grinding, which means more battles and more slowdown.
I get the slowdown problems but I doubt it equals to that much more playtime

D

Deleted member

Almost no one will be Lv55 by the time they reach Kanto, being at most Lv50
I'm playing it again right now and my team is just hitting 50 after Surge and some exploring in central Kanto(Saffron and its surroundings)
And getting to Lv70 is no easy task in a game where the strongest wild Pokemon are ~Lv48
You can't just rush Kanto that easily
I rushed Kanto in a bit more than a day.
I also fought every trainer I ran into (And I don't think I've skipped very many), and got 6 Gym badges at the same day (I got Surge's badge a day earlier but I didn't have much time to play the game so that's all I did that day, and a few days later I got Blue's badge)
Kanto is extremely easy to rush.

D

Deleted member

Gen 4 in general is slow, even HGSS, though it's not that noticable on DS as it is on emulator. Usually it's not too big of a problem, but my computer's been slow too recently, so it becomes annoyingly slow. Gen 5 runs fine though, so I'm probably just going to play white instead, especially since I haven't played it before.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Tell me if I'm mistaken, but...
Is Super Mario Run available for free? It says so on the App Store

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Best stage music in the game right here.
EDIT: Akuma theme and Stage theme
'The **** did they do to Akuma Theme? Seriously, it sound all but Akuma Theme, they did like Juri Theme : they removed what make the theme good!
What in the heck Capcom?!
The Christmas theme is good tough.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The good thing about HGSS is that the level progression still feels natural after Lance; you finish Johto against an E4 with levels between 45-50, Kanto has trainers in the 40s allowing to grind quickly and take the leaders that are on the 50s, and because Blue is always last there's no so many problems to take his team nearing Lv. 60 because you fought the previous 7 before.

BW is the opposite, after taking down Ghetsis (who has a team between Lv. 50-54) the unexplored half of Unova has trainers with teams of Lv. 65 on average, which means 10 levels of Audino genocide to catch up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I say do it, you have to find out sometime. But if you don't want to hear it from me, hear it from Sun:
Are you serious right now? Someone actually made this?
Well sir, thank you for making my day.
And I tough this meme was dead, good thing I was wrong.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I had this gif saved on my computer for the longest time and I have no idea what its from. I came across it again and I want to put this to rest, but I think I learned what its from but just in case...

Is this scene based off of a scene from Steven Universe?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I had this gif saved on my computer for the longest time and I have no idea what its from. I came across it again and I want to put this to rest, but I think I learned what its from but just in case...

It has to be, the artstyle and design is just like it is in SU.

And I updated my avatar to be more festive. N and Reshiriam are going Christmas Caroling.

D

Deleted member

I rushed Kanto in a bit more than a day.ū
I also fought every trainer I ran into (And I don't think I've skipped very many), and got 6 Gym badges at the same day (I got Surge's badge a day earlier but I didn't have much time to play the game so that's all I did that day, and a few days later I got Blue's badge)
Kanto is extremely easy to rush.
I think we're playing differemt games then because it can't be rushed like that
Trainers are suprisingly nasty and you have basically no opportunities to grind because **** you let's leave the wild Pokemon levels the same as if you were playing FRLG
Not to mention it's much bigger and open than Johto so exploring takes even more time
Oh, and let's not forget the grindfest that Red is
The good thing about HGSS is that the level progression still feels natural after Lance; you finish Johto against an E4 with levels between 45-50, Kanto has trainers in the 40s allowing to grind quickly and take the leaders that are on the 50s, and because Blue is always last there's no so many problems to take his team nearing Lv. 60 because you fought the previous 7 before.

BW is the opposite, after taking down Ghetsis (who has a team between Lv. 50-54) the unexplored half of Unova has trainers with teams of Lv. 65 on average, which means 10 levels of Audino genocide to catch up.
>Johto games
>Level progression
Yeah, no, it's not known for its terrible level curve for nothing:
Most Gym leaders will be some levels higher than you when you fight them, especially Jasmine who has no gap between Chuck and her fight
Pryce is weaker than Jasmine and while everything on Goldenrod Tower is even weaker, Archer suddenly pulls a Lv38 Houndoom out of his ass when you're definitely at least 3 levels lower than that.
Then comes Clair who has a Lv41 Kingdra and you'll be reaching the 40s by the time you clean the routes below Blackthorn.
And how could I forget Lance and his Lv50 signature Dragonite that will also be 3 levels higher than your entire team.
BW has probably the best level curve in any Pokemon game with the only grinding needed being minimal when you reach the E4. If you do eastern Unova the way it's supposed to(starting from the north) you should have virtually no problems with the level curve

Yes, infact, it's the first episode with Smoldot

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Is based from a scene where Peridot tries to flush herself to escape.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Everyone else already answered the question, so your gift from me is the original GIF, which I shall fetch from a search engine.

The Papyrus GIF you posted seems to have made it very high on the search results for it. Huh.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Lol Papyrus <3
He's one of my favs from the Undertale universe. There are a lot of great characters, but he's definitely up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom