• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If we're being honest.

I couldn't tell you that for the first Xenoblade, or any of the Tales games.
As someone who's at least partially gone through both Xenoblades and ToS. . .yup.

I mean, there's surely places where you can read up on all of it and ToS even makes a big show of giving you a combat manual, but are you actually going to be reading any of that? Probably not, it's all pretty confusing. You're going to settle on one or two moves/button mash and have fun anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Combat in XCX is like combos. You use specific Arts in a row to create powerful attacks that can deal tremendous damage to a target, like the Blossom combo.

I don't have a Wii U anymore, but out of all the games I've played on there, XCX is the best. I loved the hell out of that game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tales is easy! Mash B until you win.
Okay.

I've played multiple Tales games and beaten three of them at this point.

Doing that gets you killed.

Like really fast.

Like why would you ever do that?

Why do some people dislike Xenoblade Chronicles X?
A lot of the complaints were issues I had with the first game or more relative things like soundtrack.
Why are you asking if you already know the complaints?

And you're going to get different answers depending on who you ask anyway. (You could always ask GAF since the vocal group tends to not like it)

As someone who doesn't dislike it per-say (I would give it an 8 or a 7 compared to a 9 or a 10 for XC) the almost non-existent story, almost non-existent character for the party except for Elma Lin and Lao (and Lao is lame anyway), and a few poor mechanics soured things for me personally.
:061:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the complaints were issues I had with the first game or more relative things like soundtrack.
The first Xenoblade doesn't have rap music. this is very detrimental to X's overall quality and automatically makes the first one so much better

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why do some people dislike Xenoblade Chronicles X?

I've looked around and while the general reaction seems to be positive to very positive...

I don't actually think the game is bad, it's just not something for me. Ever since I first heard of it, I looked at it as Nintendo's answer to FFXV, which was horribly wrong, because despite being Open World JRPGs, they don't play similarly at all and my enjoyment tanked because of it. Ever since I noticed that I was still dealing damage without ever actually interacting with the enemies hitbox I realized the game just wasn't for me.

That whole "they're wrong" thing was just bad humor that I see was taken the wrong way.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The first Xenoblade doesn't have rap music. this is very detrimental to X's overall quality and automatically makes the first one so much better
But what if I like rap music?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Do you mean this as in it doesn't fit or that "rap music is bad and ruins everything?"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*See people talking about rumor*
Boy, it is me, or does peoples just can't stop spreading rumor?
If one rumor have deconfirm/confirm, BAM, another one to fill the void.
I just hate rumor in general now anyway, it's just a easy way to get peoples hope high for nothing.
But what if I like rap music?
To that I say: who doesn't like the DK rap?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think that XCX's story was pretty weak and that the vast area there was for exploration was really empty and in every place except Noctilum bland, but since everyone else dogpiles the poor game every time it's brought up I'd like to point out that it did do some things better than the original Xenoblade, namely allowing me to use Cosmetic Armor so I don't have to make my female characters look scantily clad just to get a stat bonus. Xenoblade in general has a bit of a. . .problem with female armor alts, but at least XCX lets me cover it up to taste. Also, I appreciate it for being the first character creator I've used that actually lets me make my character have two-color hair.

And it's the first non-Pokemon RPG in a long while that I actually played all the way until I beat it without quitting or restarting, so that must say something good about it, right?

As for the soundtrack, I found Sonic Rush's soundtrack fun to listen to so of course I actually enjoyed the rap and the anime theme song in XCX. I just wish the guy hasn't rushed writing said rap, because it seems like he didn't even care about doing a good job in that case.

Ivander

Smash Legend
With Xenoblade X, IMO on how it works:
-When you first start it, it looks and sounds simple at first, but you find out that it's not so simple, that some things aren't told to you directly and you don't know exactly what to do at first. But then when you actually do find out how this and that work and you figure out what to do, it starts becoming simple again and becomes pretty fun to play. I actually feel like doing another playthrough of it at some point because of how fun it became after figuring things out.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So this is a cute little Sylveon I'm running in Battle Tree.

Sylveon@Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Modest Nature
Psyshock/Hyper Beam/Moonblast/Shadow Ball

That Hyper Beam hurts everything.

I decided because Sylveon doesn't have access to Hyper Voice that I would run Hyper Beam instead so it has a wall breaking attack. Nothing in the Battle Tre e wants to get hit by it because its so damn strong. I was running Normalium-Z with it but the damage didn't compare, so I used a Life Orb instead. Thinking about moving those Speed IVs though. Dunno why I went with max Speed.

I also finished my Double Dance Incineroar.

Incineroar@Incinium-Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Att/252 Spe/4 Def
Jolly Nature
Flame Charge/Leech Life/Darkest Lariat/Swords Dance

I'm loving the hell out of this. Swords Dance to Flame Charge to make Incineroar a fast and powerful force to be reckoned with. Leech Life for healing, and Darkest Lariat for a great STAB. Its SD boosted Z-Move breaks any wall in the way.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really hate Rap and Hip-Hop personally. Even more so in video games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I really want for the Switch: RELEASE AS MANY VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES AS SOON A POSSIBLE WITH NO MAJOR SLOWDOWNS

I am REALLY getting fed up with only a couple games a month when there's nothing to not much stopping them re-releaing them. There's still a number of games I want from Virtual Console and still hasn't shown up despite waiting years later (and I'm talking about games that some already are out on other Virtual Console services with little to no legal/emulation issues) And don't give me any "build up hype" bull****: that ship has sailed long before Virtual Console was even a thing.

RELEASE IN ****ING BULKS.

Last edited:
namely allowing me to use Cosmetic Armor
Legit one of the best optional things i've seen in any RPG.

It's so good and I used it the whole game. ESPECIALLY for helmets so I could see expressions in cutscenes.

An RPG that has that, great save system, and a few of Bravely Default/Second's ease of use systems would automatically become my favorite RPG ever.
:061:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why's everyone gone full negative on Nintendo for a rumor? Is it one of those "never wrong before and somehow not been murdered by Ninja lawyers" sources?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
okay yeah but, this is rap music in a video game. this has never been a good combination
Parappa the Rapper tho. :p

HE HAS NO STYLE, HE HAS NO GRACE

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why's everyone gone full negative on Nintendo for a rumor? Is it one of those "never wrong before and somehow not been murdered by Ninja lawyers" sources?
Ninja lawyers?
Is this the plot of the new Ace Attorney game by hazard?
Because it would be actually really cool IMO.

Also, to change subject, TeamFourStar, wen Hellsing?

D

Deleted member

One thing I always found odd about the Wii U Virtual Console is the lack of any third party DS games, even from companies that have supported Wii U VC with games that originated from most of the other systems.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
One thing I really want for the Switch: RELEASE AS MANY VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAMES AS SOON A POSSIBLE WITH NO MAJOR SLOWDOWNS

I am REALLY getting fed up with only a couple games a month when there's nothing to not much stopping them re-releaing them. There's still a number of games I want from Virtual Console and still hasn't shown up despite waiting years later (and I'm talking about games that some already are out on other Virtual Console services with little to no legal/emulation issues) And don't give me any "build up hype" bull****: that ship has sailed long before Virtual Console was even a thing.

RELEASE IN ****ING BULKS.
Metroid Zero Mission on Japan's VC 1 year and a half before North America. Never forget.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Speaking of VC, I'm really ashame that Capcom never released MMZX and Advent on the Wii U.
Come on! Everything was perfect to port the game! Plus, all the other MM games that were on portable were ported, so why so little love for ZX?
It's just a shame really.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Are we disliking "Black Tar"?

Blame Engrish. It divides so many people. I personally love how campy it sounds (and "Mass Destruction"), but I understand if people hate it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know. . .I feel like most of the time when people are asked questions about Nintendo, it's either asking them for their negative opinions or worded in a way that easily allows negative opinions to take over.

Well, let's do a different sort of question this time around. What are your favorite Nintendo games? I'm curious about what you all consider your favorites to be.

. . .Just. . .don't twist it into using praising your favorite games to complain about games you don't like. I can picture that happening and it kind of defeats the point of trying something more positive.

Ivander

Smash Legend
One thing I always found odd about the Wii U Virtual Console is the lack of any third party DS games, even from companies that have supported Wii U VC with games that originated from most of the other systems.
*looks at Sega GBA games and Square Enix games*

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why does Xenoblade X get a bad rap again? I love the game. It's one I can lose hours and feel like I've accomplished nothing. That there's so much more left to do. That's what I enjoy about the game the most. It feels never ending. Of course in doing so it loses its story a bit but with what's given to you to explore it's acceptable.
I think that XCX's story was pretty weak and that the vast area there was for exploration was really empty and in every place except Noctilum bland.
I have a questions about this part here. What do you consider a populated game? Considering it had something to do, fight, or find in every single little hexagon at the least. Most of the time more. If you want a barren game play Twilight Princess, Even Final Fantasy XV, hell the original Xenoblade was barren to an extent in some areas. It being bland also confuses me. What about it is bland? Sylvalum is gorgeous, Oblivia is epic in every sense if the word, Primordia is your typical starting area sure, and Cauldrons isn't anything super special but I fail to see how any are bland. Very few RPGs capture that sense that you're in completely different worlds in each of the areas you visit, like the original Xenoblade for instance.

I still feel that the original Xenoblade Chronicles is far better than X. Though certain complaints confuse me. One of them being that people don't like it feeling like an MMO but that's what it was always compared to so I dunno why they played it if they didn't want a soft-MMO.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I still find it weird that the NA and PAL branches of Square only choose to release Tactics Advance and nothing else while Japan gets that and nearly everything else. And Sega hasn't released any Wii U VC games outside of Japan either.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I could go on and on for hours about why I dislike Xenoblade X but I won't so I'll just say it felt like one huge regression from everything the original did aside from the obvious stuff that's affected by hardware.

Oh well, have a Dunkirk trailer:
That looks pretty good and they filmed it not too far from where I live. Actually went down and saw them flying the planes a few hours before I saw the garbage that was Suicide Squad.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For Sega's state, you at least have the Classic 3D versions on 3DS which is much better than something emulated with the perfect pixel addition
okay yeah but, this is rap music in a video game. this has never been a good combination
>not playing MadWorld

I tried to let you slide on this but no, not today.

You NEED to play MadWorld because that game alone can't be as good as it was without the rap songs especially with how it describes the characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom