• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My final is tomorrow, wish me luck

Have 'fun' in college. its gonna be a hell of a ride
I'm still not going to college next year, as I haven't decided what I'm gonna do, though I am going to a Prep School
It's not exactly an easy choice as I'm sure many here know it
Also, good luck on your final
1 like=1 prayer
I'm not sure if Smeargle can use Nature's Madness (and the reason why I'm speculative on that is because of Dark Void), but if not, I'll give it something else. Don't really want to get into breeding Smeargle again though.
You can just go for Super Fang if it can't
The only advantage NM has over it is the lack of contact

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm surprised there hasn't been much discussion on this earlier, but Kuma and Panda have been revealed to return for Tekken 7.

That fish lol.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So....serious question...

Why the hell are we getting yet another Fast and the Furious movie?
I guess I kinda have to watch it since Charlize Theron's in it...but still...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I increasingly see people across the internet getting offended at other people getting offended at them getting offended.

I can understand that people wouldn't want their opinions silenced, but there are some. . .very specific problems with the ways some people complain that bother me. Since people on both sides of the issue seem to have communication problems, I shall elaborate instead of just doing the same method of complaining about complaining that keeps the cycle looping.

Basically, it's about the wording used. Taking issue with what a video game company does is one thing. Taking it personally is another entirely. Here are some types of complaints that I tend to dislike:

1. "*insert thing here* sucks!" :
Does not clarify why, gives absolutely no input for companies to take note of and fix their games using, essentially only exists to be annoying because it can't serve any other purpose due to being far too vague.

2. "How dare Nintendo do *thing!*" :
The point itself may be valid, but the wording is far too emotional. A general rule of thumb is that if the same opinion can be worded with less drama, then opt for less drama. Otherwise it's kind of draining and harder to take the complainers and by association their grievances seriously. In other words, by being overdramatic one makes their own issues seem trivial.

3. "Nintendo has FAILED me for the LAST time! Their MONSTROSITY knows no BOUNDS! Their actions have shown that there is NO end to their utter CRUELTY! Truly, Nintendo is the worst SCUM to walk upon this EARTH! Think of the CHILDREN! Think of the GAMERS! Think of the POLAR BEARS!" :
Roughly the same as the second point, but it just keeps going on and on and on. This is what happens when someone who believes themselves to be taking a moral high ground starts talking. They say the exact same criticisms as those in the second point or normal critics, but they suffocate it in SMOLDERING PURPLE PROSE OF THEIR INCENSE and take ten minutes to say what could be summed up very easily in two just so they can vent how OUTRAGED they are. It's like a Large Ham, except instead of being funny they're being preachy. Every problem with the last point is cranked up to eleven. . .thousand. And of course, the ability to actually take points that in the hands of a composed person would seem valid seriously just gets that much harder.

There's other things in the same ballpark as criticism that are issues, but from the types I can remember those are less criticism and more things like Fan Haters where it ceases to be about the company and just becomes the person being a jerk in general.

What I see the ideal criticism as is when something is level headed and balanced out with points of praise that can be used as a guide to know what the right direction to steer things in is. Remember, fan complaints made Breath of the Wild, a lack of praise (from Aonuma, but eerily similar to the way fans act) partially sent it into development hell.

. . .Anyway, I guess that's my take on complaining. Hopefully I haven't said anything wrong or offensive, I do worry about that a lot when I take opinions on some things. I can understand that we all might have times where we might slip into these, indeed, I can see myself rather hypocritically and unfortunately falling into the same issues at times, but I do think that perhaps it's something to think about.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I LOVE that Shantae: Half-Genie Hero recognizes the greatness that is the blobfish!
Even better that Shantae CAN TRANSFORM INTO ONE TOO!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think I'm starting to get good at Sombra. Thankfully we are at the stage where I'm the only person who ever plays her.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I LOVE that Shantae: Half-Genie Hero recognizes the greatness that is the blobfish!
Even better that Shantae CAN TRANSFORM INTO ONE TOO!
Does that fully work? The blobfish has the appearance that it does because it's body has been disformed from being taken out of the deep ocean and is thus no longer under the pressure that normally keeps it's shape. That doesn't quite seem. . .healthy.

Bravo for more obscure animals getting a spotlight, though!

. . .Actually, can I see a picture of this implementation?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hypothetically speaking, how would you react if the WiiU version of BotW got cancelled?

1481735609292.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hypothetically speaking, how would you react if the WiiU version of BotW got cancelled?

View attachment 122131
Well I am planning on getting it on the wii u but if it does Then Id wait till it came out in switch to get it and the switch.

I still got my 3DS to play so its no big deal

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

View attachment 122131
Well, I wasn't planning on buying the Wii U version anyway, but I can already feel the stress headache and awkwardness I would get from hearing the outrage of people that bought a Wii U solely out of anticipation for Breath of the Wild or insist on not purchasing a Switch on some principle and thus are buying the Wii U version on those grounds.

So overall the situation would probably be a negative despite the fact that it doesn't influence my purchase plans. It would be as though I was being punished for Nintendo's actions, honestly.

Fortunately the Wii U version is all that had been shown all but one time and the one used for demo units, so just out of the effort they put into it I doubt it's any more likely to be canned than Federation Force was.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

View attachment 122131
Would be very pissed off. I'm not planning to get the Switch and I don't want my hands forced in to getting a Switch just to play that game.

If that's really the case then I guess i'll have to hold off my BoTW purchase until I feel the need to buy the Switch.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, I wasn't planning on buying the Wii U version anyway, but I can already feel the stress headache and awkwardness I would get from hearing the outrage of people that bought a Wii U solely out of anticipation for Breath of the Wild or insist on not purchasing a Switch on some principle and thus are buying the Wii U version on those grounds.
well many people are planning to get it on the wii u because they dont have money for a whole new system or they just dont plan to get a switch

Lots of people will be mad Id be dissapointed because I dont plan on getting a switch right off the bat as well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Complete and utter outrage.

Nah just kidding. I never planned on getting it for the wiiu anyways. Why get it for an old console when a new and superior console will have it?
Well, in the same train of thought, why invest on a new console with no guaranteed future given Nintendo's track record?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Does that fully work? The blobfish has the appearance that it does because it's body has been disformed from being taken out of the deep ocean and is thus no longer under the pressure that normally keeps it's shape. That doesn't quite seem. . .healthy.

Bravo for more obscure animals getting a spotlight, though!

. . .Actually, can I see a picture of this implementation?
Quick look at Google/YouTube didn't show me anything.

But don't worry, I screencapped from the early access (Big image):
Big one is a grandma blobfish, small one is Shantae's transformation

blobfish shantae.png

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Because all there new games will be for it, and I love all of them.
What if the games suck?

Or if there aren't a lot of games?

That's like a major issue the Wii U had.

---

Also, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev just dropped on Steam and it is ****ing wicked.

D

Deleted member

Because all there new games will be for it, and I love all of them.
But that's not guaranteed.

Would BotW being cancelled for WiiU not be an indicator that the latest versions of your favorite Nintendo games are no longer guaranteed on their newest platforms?

You don't even have to go to those extremes, WiiU was missing many classic Nintendo entries from its library. Metroid, Fire Emblem, 3D Mario, FZero, etc... none of those came to WiiU. So how can you be so certain they'd show up on Switch?

Moreover, how can you call them "favorite" if you haven't had a chance to play them? Before they're even out, or announced, or detailed even. How can you be so sure they'd even be good games, and not awfully mediocre, or simply downright bad? Many games on WiiU again, were vastly inferior to previous entries in the same franchise.

How can you be so sure a brand new console would be a sound investment?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
well many people are planning to get it on the wii u because they dont have money for a whole new system

Lots of people will be mad Id be dissapointed because I dont plan on getting a switch right off the bat as well
That's fair.

The people who just don't have the money for it probably aren't going to be the ones making the situation the most uncomfortable. Someone who wants something but can't afford it isn't going to be as upset as someone who can afford it but morally refuses to purchase it, even though the former person has more of a right to be upset.

Well, in the same train of thought, why invest on a new console with no guaranteed future given Nintendo's track record?
Well there's the combined game flow. Their console track record hasn't been very enviable but their handheld track record bar the first couple of years of the 3DS has been very satisfactory to me. If I can have the few console games I would otherwise miss on top of my handheld selection, then even if Nintendo is the only one making games for it I still have no reason not to be satisfied. Plus, with only one console to work on, they are obligated to focus on it much harder than before, thus increasing the chances of having high quality offerings even further.

No reason to get the old system's version when I know the new system is going to give me something I want track record or not.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It would be really cruel to cancel a game that people were anticipating throughout the Wii U's entire lifecycle going all the way back to the January 2013 Nintendo Direct where we first heard about BoTW. People were excited for that game and even bought the system for the console back when we thought the game was 2015 bound. Wii U owners had to put up with 2 (possibly 3) delays for the game and outright cancelling the game for that console is just a **** move.

At the very least Nintendo can offer a limited release of the Wii U version through ordering the game on their website. Don't screw Wii U owners just because you want to shill your new console.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
The people who just don't have the money for it probably aren't going to be the ones making the situation the most uncomfortable. Someone who wants something but can't afford it isn't going to be as upset as someone who can afford it but morally refuses to purchase it, even though the former person has more of a right to be upset.
no one has more of a right to be upset. They both have equal right to be upset.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But that's not guaranteed.

Would BotW being cancelled for WiiU not be an indicator that the latest versions of your favorite Nintendo games are no longer guaranteed on their newest platforms?

You don't even have to go to those extremes, WiiU was missing many classic Nintendo entries from its library. Metroid, Fire Emblem, 3D Mario, FZero, etc... none of those came to WiiU. So how can you be so certain they'd show up on Switch?

Moreover, how can you call them "favorite" if you haven't had a chance to play them? Before they're even out, or announced, or detailed even. How can you be so sure they'd even be good games, and not awfully mediocre, or simply downright bad? Many games on WiiU again, were vastly inferior to previous entries in the same franchise.

How can you be so sure a brand new console would be a sound investment?
I wasn't the one asked the question, but. . .

Fire Emblem showed up on the 3DS and has been determined to have a future, so if the Switch is the only console in Nintendo's future then it's almost assured it will be there.

I get the impression that 3D Mario was initially a Wii U game and moved to the Switch, so while I don't even remotely care about it that would guarantee it being there. To say nothing of it actually being in the Switch trailer.

F-Zero wasn't even on the Wii and is largely considered by Nintendo to be a commercial failure, although at times they do look for other developers to make another one for them. Metroid. . .well considering how the last two were received, are you sure that's safe to ask for? I can easily see them being unsure what to do with the IP considering the reception.

I don't have any absolute guarantee, but even the games I already like being ported over and given new content at least gives me some reason to purchase those games again, and with actual games that interest me combined with the fact that odds are at least something new will catch my eye later on thus gives me more reason to consider the Switch.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
At the very least Nintendo can offer a limited release of the Wii U version through ordering the game on their website. Don't screw Wii U owners just because you want to shill your new console.
isnt that what Yooka leelee did just now? Canceled the wii u( it was coming out on wii u, right?) game and kept the switch game

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got shiny Mimikyu and Stufful last night through SOS chaining. Its a useful method.

Mimkyu was around 50 chains, but took awhile.

I used mold breaker pinsir with hidden power to damage them and thief for finishing them off. They lower attack so even at level 61 pinsir couldn't one shot them. It took 3 hits. Glad I got it.

Stufful was pretty easy though. Took around 190 chain encounters.

Getting Synchronizers now to do shiny hunts with the right natures.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
View attachment 121829 Scuse me home skillet whatchu tryin to say.
Mad late on this,but I'm just saying he could've brought more to the table :p I love the music that plays though.

View attachment 122131
I would be kind of bummed because
1.I don't have money to throw at a Switch right now
2. a school friend is planning to get a copy of that version of the game for me(if possible).

speaking of school,I got A's on my finals,so now I'm all set to chill for the break and fill out the alolan Pokedex while waiting for the Bank Update

good luck to everyone else taking them.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It would be really cruel to cancel a game that people were anticipating throughout the Wii U's entire lifecycle going all the way back to the January 2013 Nintendo Direct where we first heard about BoTW. People were excited for that game and even bought the system for the console back when we thought the game was 2015 bound. Wii U owners had to put up with 2 (possibly 3) delays for the game and outright cancelling the game for that console is just a **** move.

It might not even be because they want to "shill for their new console" but may be because it's difficult to develop the game for the Wii U; the Wii U is weaker hardware after all. Or maybe they are "shilling" for their new console. We don't know, we're not the devs or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom