• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
As much as I'm enjoying JoJo. Let me just say I really hate Speedwagon.

All he does is just go "blimey, JoJo's doing this thing."
Hating Speedwagon! How can you?!:troll:

Seriously, he may seems useless in part 1 but, eventually you'll learn to appreciate what he did.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Keep going, you realize Speedwagon is a bro for how much he helps out JoJo

And the rest of the Jostar family
Hating Speedwagon! How can you?!:troll:

Seriously, he may seems useless in part 1 but, eventually you'll learn to appreciate what he did.
If he gets more useful later on, that's good to hear.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now Kanye is moving on to 2024.

I wonder what made him back out going straight for that position in four years?
I can't take the thought of Kanye becoming president seriously, but despite that, it somehow wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As much as I'm enjoying JoJo. Let me just say I really hate Speedwagon.

All he does is just go "blimey, JoJo's doing this thing."
All of your rights have now been revoked
If he gets more useful later on, that's good to hear.
I wouldn't necessarily say he's more useful, but rather less prominent. This week is tgs Phantom Blood finale if I remember correctly

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I imagine if Kanye became president it be something like this:

*On phone with Russian leaders

"I'ma let you finish, but we have Beyonce, how could you be against that"

Leaders: "Good point"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I imagine if Kanye became president it be something like this:

*On phone with Russian leaders

"I'ma let you finish, but we have Beyonce, how could you be against that"

Leaders: "Good point"
Considering he has some issues with Jay-Z and Beyonce, I doubt it

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Either he knows that he's not experienced enough to go straight for that position or he chickened out in fear of getting beaten by The Rock and Hellboy easily.

On the bright side, his only real competitor for that time would be Katy Perry. This is going to be a fun eight years.
Good point. At least those two seem like they have been doing their homework and preparations so far.

All he really has to compete with on 2024 is Katy Perry (someone who is far less scary compared to two scary actors with political experience) or whoever else will run at that time.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Writing that bit about Jak and Daxter really makes me want to go back and finish Jak 3. I completed 1 and 2 (Jak 2 is seriously one of the hardest games I've ever played), but not 3.

I'm going to try and make 2017 the year were I play as many of the PlayStation 2 classics as I can. I haven't beaten Sly 3 and I haven't even touched a Ratchet and Clank game.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You mean like a video talking about a character every week? Sounds pretty cool.
Different topics relating to "Smash for Switch". we've done a bunch already. we did one on what Smashified Character is likely with Artsy Omni, (not many) a video on Snake and Ice Climbers...

Some of the future possible topics include if Sakurai is coming back, if it will have new fighters, if Wolf will come back and Pokemon newcomers.

We are trying to release weekly discussions on Smash as that's our bread and butter :)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:212:
TIL Scizor's metal body can literally melt if it gets too hot while battling if it doesn't cool itself with it's wings...

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Writing that bit about Jak and Daxter really makes me want to go back and finish Jak 3. I completed 1 and 2 (Jak 2 is seriously one of the hardest games I've ever played), but not 3.

I'm going to try and make 2017 the year were I play as many of the PlayStation 2 classics as I can. I haven't beaten Sly 3 and I haven't even touched a Ratchet and Clank game.
I've got some advice for playing Jak 2.

Don't play Jak 2.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I finished the Ultra Beast quest.
Tbh it was cooler than the Looker's quest in XY despite the latter had more battles and actual investigation. What it killed it was the fact everything takes place at Lumiose, and Lumiose is a pain to navigate.

In this one Looker was kinda stale with the feast stuff but it was fun anyway and the dialogues got more interesting when Nanu started to participate and added some darkness to the story.
Unfortunately some of the "sense of danger" is lost because other NPCs are unaware and unaffected by the events (the people at Malie Garden remains chill at despite there's a massive bamboo rocket roaming the area, etc.)
It would have been cool if the endangered areas were evacuated, like in the Hoenn games were the Drought/Drizzle made people to lock themselves in their houses, leaving the towns' streets deserted.
Overall it still was fun and having the UBs apoear with that music was cool as hell, and the battles had some nice difficulty because the Totem-like boosts + Beast Boost can wreck your team easily.

*insert Xurkitree one-shotting your **** even when it was not very effective here*

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That feeling when you wake up and you see your house cat killed two mice that got inside the house and ate the arms off of one.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That's a cat.
Play with and horribly torture their prey; often not killing it.
Not mine, she knows I won't tolerate it. I trained her myself to hunt indoor mice. Because we live in a trailer, and we don't have as many cats as we did once before, mice often get in. Because its winter time, I expect to see more. We had another inside cat who could've helped but he wouldnt hunt mice, he wouldn't use the litter box, and he was a jerk to our current cat. So I booted him out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

I need to catch up on the MCU...

Is the only way to do so effectively Netflix?

D

Deleted member

Yesterday I had my graduation, so I finally finished high-school
Good god why are parties so tiring

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A quick reminder; if a person is replying with clear nonsense/trolling/spam, don't reply. Just report it. Non-constructive suggestions that obviously aren't intended as jokes should not be replied to are are considered spam or trolling, depending the context.

Also, do not reply to this post. If you have a question, you can always use Forum Support or PM me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So....

I need to catch up on the MCU...

Is the only way to do so effectively Netflix?
That depends. Which things haven't you seen?

Because Netflix only helps for the first three seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Though Civil War is coming there on Christmas actually.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That depends. Which things haven't you seen?

Because Netflix only helps for the first three seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Though Civil War is coming there on Christmas actually.
I have not seen any of the Iron Man or Thor movies and I have not seen Winter Soldier.

Or any of the shows.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have not seen any of the Iron Man or Thor movies and I have not seen Winter Soldier.

Or any of the shows.
Winter Soldier at the very least is free on things like Xfinity and I think DirectTV or something.

Though I only bother to watch the Marvel movies and shows I'm interested in, rather than going through all of them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Or any of the shows.
In your case then Netflix only helps with the shows (...except Agent Carter for some reason).

The other six films you can rely on on-demand services for (Xfinity, YouTube on-demand, etc), though that's less convenient. Most of those are only like two or three bucks to rent though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well, my premium ends sometime tomorrow. It's hard to believe that tomorrow will be a year from the Final Smash Direct. I'm going to miss having a large avi. :lol:

I can safely say that I don't get it.
Medusa's snake hair turns people to stone if they look at it directly.

D

Deleted member

Medusa's snake hair turns people to stone if they look at it directly.
Isn't it her eyes?

I know that, but Shantae isn't Medusa... I don't understand why the mom wants the kid to avert his eyes away from her.
The joke is the mom doesn't want her son looking at Shantae. Probably because of her outfit.

So the kid thinks Shantae is a medusa because he's not supposed to look directly at her.

D

Deleted member

I can safely say that I don't get it.
The joke is that Shantae dresses rather loosely. So that's why the kid's Mom doesn't want the kid to look at Shantae.

Edit: Ninja'd

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I knew building around Evolite Torracat in the Battle Tree was gonna be a pain.

So, Torracat with Evolite. It is working, but the problem is that its just a tad too slow and can get easily revenge killed. This was a foreseen issue, and I think I have a few ways to fix it.

Smeargle@Focus Sash/Mental Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spe/4 Def
Timid Nature
Stealth Rock/Sticky Web/Nature's Madness/Spore

I'm not sure if Smeargle can use Nature's Madness (and the reason why I'm speculative on that is because of Dark Void), but if not, I'll give it something else. Don't really want to get into breeding Smeargle again though.

Ariados@Black Sludge
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpD/4 Att
Careful Nature
Sticky Web/Toxic Spikes/Leech Life/Sucker Punch

This seems like the go-to for me because it can set up on Pokémon and maintain its position on the battlefield by utilizing Black Sludge/Leech Life for dependable healing. Stealth Rock is rare in the Battle Tree so I'm not too concerned about the rock weakness. May add an offensive Water-Type partner to cover both Aridos and Torracat, like Wishiwashi or something.

Kind of wish Shuckle was in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom