• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speaking of Ni No Kuni I really hope the sequel ends up on the Switch also so I have a more reliable console to play it on.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ugh.
Annyone who knows how battlenet works around here?
I'm still stick at 1.03 GB of the OW update, because it keeps reading out that I "have no internet connection" and runs at 0 B/s.
This has been a fight for like 5 or 6 hours, and only got like 0.17 GB.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw an add on YouTube for "Catching Monsters" which literally had music and sprites directly ripped from x/Y.

An add, being promoted by Google...

The "Monsters" were shiny Charizard and Xatu.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Are we limited to those 3 series or can we pick our own 3 series?
You can pick 3 others but I kinda want to see what people could do with the ones I've listed

Darkstalkers
Developer: Iron Galaxy
Follow a similar model to Killer Instinct, pricing and all. Don't update the designs much if at all though.

Perfect Dark
Honestly not much could be done outside of fixing people's issues with Zero. Id or Respawn would be great choices seeing as both put out fantastic single players for DOOM and Titanfall 2.

Golden Sun
Developer: Level-5
Get the Ni No Kuni guys on it, refine battling and Golden Sun it up.
Alternatively get Monolith Soft provided they take notes from Xenoblade Chronicles and not X.

Redrawn would work well if MS gave them a lot of control for how to handle it

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I for one don't want to see a Golden Sun game with ARPG elements. Golden Sun is fine just the way it is.
There's always Atlus as well. SMT/Persona are pretty much the gold standard for turn based RPGs.

Redrawn would work well if MS gave them a lot of control for how to handle it
And a good release date.
EA were stupid to send Titanfall 2 out when they did.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Darkstalkers
Developer: Iron Galaxy
Follow a similar model to Killer Instinct, pricing and all. Don't update the designs much if at all though.
I'm fine with Iron Galaxy doing it, although I would prefer Capcom do it themselves. I mean as long as it doesn't launch like Street Fighter V did.
Perfect Dark
Honestly not much could be done outside of fixing people's issues with Zero. Id or Respawn would be great choices seeing as both put out fantastic single players for DOOM and Titanfall 2.
I agree wholly. Respawn and Id are great choices. Just don't get too crazy with the gadgets. No wall running please.
Golden Sun
Developer: Level-5
Get the Ni No Kuni guys on it, refine battling and Golden Sun it up.
Alternatively get Monolith Soft provided they take notes from Xenoblade Chronicles and not X.

Eh, Level-5's RPGs are hit or miss. Remember White Knight Chronicles? Gross. I think Camelot can handle it, and I personally think they're working on it right now. They've been quiet on the series but since their Sports games were released and they're just helping on the new Mario Sports Superstars (Most of it is Namco, I think) they can wholly focus on a new Golden Sun hopefully for Switch.

Tagging @JaidynReiman and N3ON N3ON just in case they have input here.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I have a game.

You are given 3 video game series to resurrect to the new age of gaming:

• Darkstalkers
  • Perfect Dark
  • Golden Sun
How do you bring them back to glory and what developer would you put in charge of the game of your choice
Jak and Daxter:
First, start off with from the ground up remakes of the original trilogy (ala Crash N-Sane Trilogy), then start new from there. From what I understand, people aren't fans of the Lost Frontier (haven't played it myself). Preferably I want Naughty Dog, but since they're done with cartoony games (something I fully disagree with), maybe Sanzaru can do it.

Conker:
Make the sequel that was originally planned, and try to have Microsoft push him as a potential mascot. Considering Microsoft goes for a more adult audience, he would fit. I wouldn't mind modern Rare taking a shot at it, but Playtonic Games seems like the best choice.

Mega Man:
We've been seeing bits and pieces of a potential comeback, but this is just what I want to see. Make a new classic styled Mega Man, but instead of an 8-bit game, have a more modern look. A company that would be a great fit is WayForward, using the DuckTales/Shantae: Half Genie Hero engine.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Jak and Daxter:
First, start off with from the ground up remakes of the original trilogy (ala Crash N-Sane Trilogy), then start new from there. From what I understand, people aren't fans of the Lost Frontier (haven't played it myself). Preferably I want Naughty Dog, but since they're done with cartoony games (something I fully disagree with), maybe Sanzaru can do it.

Conker:
Make the sequel that was originally planned, and try to have Microsoft push him as a potential mascot. Considering Microsoft goes for a more adult audience, he would fit. I wouldn't mind modern Rare taking a shot at it, but Playtonic Games seems like the best choice.

Mega Man:
We've been seeing bits and pieces of a potential comeback, but this is just what I want to see. Make a new classic styled Mega Man, but instead of an 8-bit game, have a more modern look. A company that would be a great fit is WayForward, using the DuckTales/Shantae: Half Genie Hero engine.
I actually don't want ND to touch Jak & Daxter.

Considering that the older guys who worked on those games longed left the company, there's also those Jak 4 concept art and man those look terrible

Sanzaru could be fine but I would love to see Sucker Punch or Sony San Monica take a shot at it

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eh, Level-5's RPGs are hit or miss. Remember White Knight Chronicles? Gross. I think Camelot can handle it, and I personally think they're working on it right now. They've been quiet on the series but since their Sports games were released and they're just helping on the new Mario Sports Superstars (Most of it is Namco, I think) they can wholly focus on a new Golden Sun hopefully for Switch.

Tagging @JaidynReiman and N3ON N3ON just in case they have input here.
Camelot goes through periods of silence nowadays, but there's always the possibility they're just working on the new Tennis or Golf game for Switch. I'm sure both of those are an inevitability. Don't get me wrong, obv I'd love a GS4 above most other games, but at this point... I'll see it when I believe it. Camelot isn't the company that churns out a quality RPG annually anymore, and Nintendo hasn't seemed overly inclined to give GS another shot since the less-than-stellar commercial performance of its last outing. Which is pretty unfair if you ask me, given that most Nintendo series have at least one title in a series that doesn't perform to expectation.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've reworked the Attract mechanic in my Pokémon game idea. praline praline
Attract is a status condition that can possibly shut down a target of opposite gender by random chance per turn. This Attract overhaul makes Attract a much more reliable status condition.

When a target is infatuated, they are rendered action-less for 2-3 turns, much like Sleep, except you can't use Sleep Talk and other sleep attacks. You are also not affected by Dream Eater. However, three new moves have been added for infatuation. The first one is called Embrace, which lowers infatuated Pokémon's Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed. The second one is Heartbreak, which deals tremendous damage, but heals the infatuated status.

The last one is the signature attack of a Dark/Fairy-Type Pokémon I made, called Sufalovus (suh-fah-love-us - False, Love, Suffer, Succubus), the Luring Pokémon. The attack is called Agony Kiss, a Dark-Type Special Attack which heals the user and deals more damage to infatuated Pokémon.

I will be adding more moves to the list, which include editing existing moves.

Another big change is in Doubles. When your Pokémon uses Attract on its partner, instead of causing the regular effect, it creates an Infatuation Chain between the two. If the Pokémon who attracted faints, the partner Pokémon gains a sharp boost to both Attack and Sp. Attack and is immediately put under the Taunt status until it faints or switches out. If the Pokémon who was infatuated faints, nothing happens.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Moar Zelda timeline theories arise....
After the latest Game Awards footage featuring what looked like TP's Castle Town in ruins and the bird people:4falco: that look a lot like those found in the carvings in TPHD...I'm starting to think the child timeline is a very strong possibility once again...

I for one, welcome this since the Child timeline is my favourite Zelda timeline and I feel like it's the least explored out of the four we have considering we know practically nothing about the time between TP and FSA in that timeline...This game does appear to have similarly dark tones and themes which is prominent in the child timeline as well...

What do you guys think?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's always Atlus as well. SMT/Persona are pretty much the gold standard for turn based RPGs.

And a good release date.
EA were stupid to send Titanfall 2 out when they did.

There's really no reason for the Golden Sun battle system to change. That's essentially what the series is best known for and taking it away is just asinine. Especially given how critically acclaimed and beloved it is.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've reworked the Attract mechanic in my Pokémon game idea. praline praline
Attract is a status condition that can possibly shut down a target of opposite gender by random chance per turn. This Attract overhaul makes Attract a much more reliable status condition.

When a target is infatuated, they are rendered action-less for 2-3 turns, much like Sleep, except you can't use Sleep Talk and other sleep attacks. You are also not affected by Dream Eater. However, three new moves have been added for infatuation. The first one is called Embrace, which lowers infatuated Pokémon's Attack, Sp. Attack and Speed. The second one is Heartbreak, which deals tremendous damage, but heals the infatuated status.

The last one is the signature attack of a Dark/Fairy-Type Pokémon I made, called Sufalovus (suh-fah-love-us - False, Love, Suffer, Succubus), the Luring Pokémon. The attack is called Agony Kiss, a Dark-Type Special Attack which heals the user and deals more damage to infatuated Pokémon.

I will be adding more moves to the list, which include editing existing moves.

Another big change is in Doubles. When your Pokémon uses Attract on its partner, instead of causing the regular effect, it creates an Infatuation Chain between the two. If the Pokémon who attracted faints, the partner Pokémon gains a sharp boost to both Attack and Sp. Attack and is immediately put under the Taunt status until it faints or switches out. If the Pokémon who was infatuated faints, nothing happens.
I like it!

I also have a Succubus pokemon. It's called Maliggan(Malice-Morrigan). Mine is Dark/Light type. It also has a signature move called Black Light(Dark type like yours) it's a special attack move that deals damage and makes any pokemon regardless of gender(or lack thereof) to be infatuated with her. I also have one based off an Incubus called Hostilith(Hostile-Lilith) it's Fairy/Fighting type with the signature move White Light(Fairy type) which is just a physical version of Maliggan's.

Sorry I couldn't help talking about my pokemon game..

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Camelot goes through periods of silence nowadays, but there's always the possibility they're just working on the new Tennis or Golf game for Switch. I'm sure both of those are an inevitability. Don't get me wrong, obv I'd love a GS4 above most other games, but at this point... I'll see it when I believe it. Camelot isn't the company that churns out a quality RPG annually anymore, and Nintendo hasn't seemed overly inclined to give GS another shot since the less-than-stellar commercial performance of its last outing. Which is pretty unfair if you ask me, given that most Nintendo series have at least one title in a series that doesn't perform to expectation.
This has happened with other series as well. Most notably F-Zero (with GX) and Advance Wars (with Dual Strike). I really hate it when Nintendo does it because they shelve series for like a decade+ without giving it another chance.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This has happened with other series as well. Most notably F-Zero (with GX) and Advance Wars (with Dual Strike). I really hate it when Nintendo does it because they shelve series for like a decade+ without giving it another chance.
Give it another 15 years and all your favorites will be back and kicking in games wildly different but just as good if not better than the old ones with mind bendingly good writing.

Then the directors will wash their hands of it and they'll all go back on the shelf for another 25.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Give it another 15 years and all your favorites will be back and kicking in games wildly different but just as good if not better than the old ones with mind bendingly good writing.

Then the directors will wash their hands of it and they'll all go back on the shelf for another 25.
So basically Kid Icarus right?

That would mean 2023 for F-Zero, 2028 for Advance Wars, and 2030 for Golden Sun. All for the Nintendo Nextbox I bet (110th-11th Gen console). Save me :(

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>tfw people forget Days of Ruin

Also F-Zero always had like really crappy timing and no new devs which Nintendo has the Fast Racing NEO guys who will easily do it

Well this I never knew, so naturally I had to look it up...

https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/01/jak-and-daxter-4-concept-art-jak-4/

I'm getting some Kid Icarus Wii flashbacks here.
Yeah and the fact that Daxter is nowhere to be seen and Jak looks more like Nathan Drake than himself kinda sucks. Also I kinda hated that KI Wii design because Pit looked way too much on the emo side and not the tongue in cheek :4darkpit: way either

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's really no reason for the Golden Sun battle system to change. That's essentially what the series is best known for and taking it away is just asinine. Especially given how critically acclaimed and beloved it is.
Yeah, changing from a bog standard turn based system to a bog standard turn based system is such a huge change and would really take away from the game's identity.

/s

D

Deleted member

BEAT RED FOR VICTORY OVER THE STANDARDS SINGLES BRACKET.
SALAMANCITE GET
LMFAO, that's exactly what I did after beat red and got that BP, no joke. :p

Which reminds me, I should probably continue playing Sun and Moon now, haven't played since I did that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Also F-Zero always had like really crappy timing and no new devs which Nintendo has the Fast Racing NEO guys who will easily do it
Didn't forget it. Dual Strike IMO is what made Intelligent Systems lose faith in Advance Wars and by extent the Wars series as a whole because of how poorly the game performed. It was to the point where they canned releasing Days of Ruin in Japan because they were afraid of the game doing poorly there.

It's a huge shame as well because the series showed all signs of rebounding with Days of Ruin outselling Dual Strike by like 2x it's sales. Not only that but Days of Ruin sold the same amount of units as Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon despite not being sold in Japan and releasing in the same year. I don't know why Intelligent Systems never took notice of this rebound and lost faith with Dual Strike. Even more so after FE12 completely failed to make any impact.

As for F-Zero i'm very confident we'll be seeing an entry sometime in the coming years. Miyamoto can't keep it caged forever.
Yeah, changing from a bog standard turn based system to a bog standard turn based system is such a huge change and would really take away from the game's identity.

/s

It's not that dude. Golden Sun has a unique battle system that separates it from all other RPG's with the way it plays.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I actually don't want ND to touch Jak & Daxter.

Considering that the older guys who worked on those games longed left the company, there's also those Jak 4 concept art and man those look terrible

Sanzaru could be fine but I would love to see Sucker Punch or Sony San Monica take a shot at it
I legitimately forgot about the Jak 4 concept art.
Yeah, no. Keep Naughty Dog away from it.

Sucker Punch would be great, though I think like Naughty Dog they're done with cartoony games.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's not that dude. Golden Sun has a unique battle system that separates it from all other RPG's with the way it plays.
And you really think Atlus would remove such "uniqueness" if they were to make the game when they've proven to be top dog for turn based games?
The worst thing from them would be waiting 8 months plus for an English release after Japan gets it after numerous years of delay.

Burruni

Smash Hero
>Try Multi Battles with the free npc
>Get to battle 8.
>Trainer's second mon is an Aerodactyl.
"Ok, MegaMence can't do much to it. So I gotta break it down with Iron Head and hope my partner's Hawlucha finishes it off when it comes out."
>Bright Powder miss, 10% Chance.
>Proceeds to get Rock Slide flinch
>Twice
>Thrice
>Quice.
A one in 10^5 chance.
Man.
These legit and totally not forced difficulty AI, amirite

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Yeah and the fact that Daxter is nowhere to be seen and Jak looks more like Nathan Drake than himself kinda sucks. Also I kinda hated that KI Wii design because Pit looked way too much on the emo side and not the tongue in cheek :4darkpit: way either
I almost kind of want to see fanart of normal Pit with the wing claws and wing hiding cape of one of those art samples just to see what it would look like. Uprising Pit is so goofy that it would be a bit of a contrast to having them on emo manly Pit.

But yeah, best 1-2 endings in the first game or no, those designs kind of defeat the purpose of calling it "Kid Icarus" in the US. . .even if Pit's not that Icarus guy, mind you. Although he does a fine imitation in flight. They'd probably take away Palutena's mirror in a redesign like that while they were at it. Definitely a bit too gritty for my tastes. Gritty as a dirty sandbox mixed with gravel.

I'd be happy enough to see a lesser studio try to take a crack at the series again and maybe actually pull it off this time just knowing someone is willing to use the IP, but I'd also like to see them stick with the Smash Bros/ Uprising design we have now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dr. Strange was really good.

Trippy too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
And you really think Atlus would remove such "uniqueness" if they were to make the game when they've proven to be top dog for turn based games?
The worst thing from them would be waiting 8 months plus for an English release after Japan gets it after numerous years of delay.

Unless i'm not mistaken you mentioned in your post about how you wanted Golden Sun's battle system to be "refined" which is something I never want to see because it has a unique style of battling already that needs no changes unless it's adding on to what's there (extra Psynergy Dijins, Summons, etc).

I'm down with Monilith or Atlus making GS4 provided they respect the series and don't take too many major liberties with how the game plays.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now Kanye is moving on to 2024.

I wonder what made him back out going straight for that position in four years?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
As much as I'm enjoying JoJo. Let me just say I really hate Speedwagon.

All he does is just go "blimey, JoJo's doing this thing."

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
As much as I'm enjoying JoJo. Let me just say I really hate Speedwagon.

All he does is just go "blimey, JoJo's doing this thing."
Keep going, you realize Speedwagon is a bro for how much he helps out JoJo

And the rest of the Jostar family

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Unless i'm not mistaken you mentioned in your post about how you wanted Golden Sun's battle system to be "refined" which is something I never want to see because it has a unique style of battling already that needs no changes unless it's adding on to what's there (extra Psynergy Dijins, Summons, etc).

I'm down with Monilith or Atlus making GS4 provided they respect the series and don't take too many major liberties with how the game plays.
By refined I was talking about the NNK devs because NNK's combat is dodgy at times.
They'd still have all the Psynergy, Summons and Djinn stuff because they're not too different from stuff in NNK.

So... big, silly misunderstanding...
Oh it's nearly 6am.
**** Uni level math being tedious for no reason

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Now Kanye is moving on to 2024.

I wonder what made him back out going straight for that position in four years?
Either he knows that he's not experienced enough to go straight for that position or he chickened out in fear of getting beaten by The Rock and Hellboy easily.

On the bright side, his only real competitor for that time would be Katy Perry. This is going to be a fun eight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom