• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm still somewhat skeptical over the idea of having a unified software output for the Switch. What if it ends up failing, and Nintendo doesn't have another system to fall back on? They would have to rely a lot more on IP deals as well as mobile applications.

Of course, I'm not saying this will happen, but rather in the (unlikely, but you never know) event that it does.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know. . .I feel like most of the time when people are asked questions about Nintendo, it's either asking them for their negative opinions or worded in a way that easily allows negative opinions to take over.

Well, let's do a different sort of question this time around. What are your favorite Nintendo games? I'm curious about what you all consider your favorites to be.

. . .Just. . .don't twist it into using praising your favorite games to complain about games you don't like. I can picture that happening and it kind of defeats the point of trying something more positive.
Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS is an obvious answer.
Aside from that, Mario Galaxy 1+2, Splatoon, Kid Icarus: Uprising, DKC 1, DKC Tropical Freeze, Banjo-Kazooie (counting that as a Nintendo game) Star Fox: Assault, and Mario Party 7 have given me some great memories.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why does Xenoblade X get a bad rap again? I love the game. It's one I can lose hours and feel like I've accomplished nothing. That there's so much more left to do. That's what I enjoy about the game the most. It feels never ending. Of course in doing so it loses its story a bit but with what's given to you to explore it's acceptable.

I have a questions about this part here. What do you consider a populated game? Considering it had something to do, fight, or find in every single little hexagon at the least. Most of the time more. If you want a barren game play Twilight Princess, Even Final Fantasy XV, hell the original Xenoblade was barren to an extent in some areas. It being bland also confuses me. What about it is bland? Sylvalum is gorgeous, Oblivia is epic in every sense if the word, Primordia is your typical starting area sure, and Cauldrons isn't anything super special but I fail to see how any are bland. Very few RPGs capture that sense that you're in completely different worlds in each of the areas you visit, like the original Xenoblade for instance.

I still feel that the original Xenoblade Chronicles is far better than X. Though certain complaints confuse me. One of them being that people don't like it feeling like an MMO but that's what it was always compared to so I dunno why they played it if they didn't want a soft-MMO.
I found that a lot of the squares just had a single thing you pushed a button for a moment to unlock to them, or had other things that didn't have much to them.

That isn't to say that the other games aren't barren, although I haven't played most of them, just that no game released to date could actually meet my standards for holding my attention at that scale. The original Xenoblade actually was pretty barren as well thinking on it, it's just that being a bit more cramped, having a larger number of towns to break up exploration, and having a larger number of areas meant it wasn't as easily noticed. I'm not sure if it's even possible to populate an open world enough to actually hold my attention perfectly, although BotW seems to be trying to supply enough physics shenanigans to make up the difference.

Bland is more in the sense of each area outside of Noctilum having a single Hat for the entire map. Sylvalum is pretty and probably my next favorite area but it's "white place," and Oblivia is "desert" with my having a particular bias against deserts, possibly ever since the Great White Knight Chronicles Why The Heck Do You Keep Making Me Trek All The Way Across This Stupid Place of Who Knows What Year. I may or may not have been traumatized to deserts in MMO-likes.

Noctilum is nice because you never know what you're going to find. You can find an area with completely different colored grass, or a treetop, or a completely dead area. It's not a wide stretch of just one thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why do some people dislike Xenoblade Chronicles X?

I've looked around and while the general reaction seems to be positive to very positive...

A lot of the complaints were issues I had with the first game or more relative things like soundtrack.
****ty plot, no New Game+, Affinity Missions' execution, the game not telling you which part of the continent you need items from in fetch quests, Class system only applying to Cross, forcing the party to only use Elma and Lin for most of the game, Mia's recruitment, Skells not being worth their cost more often than not, no use for Skells that aren't Heavy, the lack of explanation for pretty much everything, the cliffhanger ending, the fact the Affinity Chart glitch STILL hasn't been fixed, the ABSURD amount of enemies that can literally pop out of nowhere that WILL be 30 levels higher than you, the 'clear X% of the continent to advance the plot' thing, the ****tiest final boss I have ever faced, the forced exploration (Exploration is usually great, but the game shoves you in there and makes you have to explore instead of letting you do that on your own), the boob slider being removed is ****ing ********, Tatsu, the characters aren't as memorable or diverse as the first game, Miranium, the max level being 60 yet the strongest enemy being 99, the AI is REALLY hard to work with in the late game, the lack of online multiplayer (As in 2 people playing together to either clear a story chapter or just do missions together) and the sheer stupidity that are divisions, as only 1 of them is worthwhile
And I LIKE the game
EDIT:
OH YEAH
THE FACT THERE'S ONLY A SINGLE SAVE FILE

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
From the past couple of pages I've read...

Nintendo is "rumoured" to be making a decision that will potentially piss off pretty much anyone who's ever bought a Wii U...

XCX hate out of nowhere...

Rap music in video games=bad...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
You know. . .I feel like most of the time when people are asked questions about Nintendo, it's either asking them for their negative opinions or worded in a way that easily allows negative opinions to take over.

Well, let's do a different sort of question this time around. What are your favorite Nintendo games? I'm curious about what you all consider your favorites to be.

. . .Just. . .don't twist it into using praising your favorite games to complain about games you don't like. I can picture that happening and it kind of defeats the point of trying something more positive.
Easily Earthbound.

I could go on for an entire page.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

In no particular order...

Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Black and Black 2, Punch-Out!! (NES), Punch-Out!! (Wii), and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U.

There are tons of others I really love, but those games are my absolute top tier for now, even if they span just four franchises.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I made a Water/Poison blobfish named Slimmy. Its ability is Hydration.
Interesting.. well I don't wanna take your idea.

All I've thought of is it's ability being a new one called "wave form" which turns it into its deep sea form that has its attack, sp def and speed.

What are your favorite Nintendo games? I'm curious about what you all consider your favorites to be.
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby Super Star Ultra, Return to Dream Land and Planet Robobot
Pokemon HeartGold, White, Black 2 and Omega Ruby
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I upgraded one of my lotteries in the Festival Plaza to the two-star one today, and you want to take a guess which item I got when I checked there?

A BOTTLE CAP!

Holy cow, that made my day! I don't know how rare they are in the Festival Plaza lotteries, but it was pretty great to win one.

No particular order:

Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon OmegaRuby, Pokemon Sun, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Fire Emblem Fates (all three versions), Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart Wii, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Super Smash Bros for WiiU

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Aside from the original Xenoblade:
Wonderful 101 is also one of my top 10 favourites. Get over the learning curve and the game really does live up to the "Wonderful" title. It's probably my favourite Platinum game as well. It's got all the token bat**** insane Platinum/Kamiya touch that truly makes it special.

Metroid Prime (Trilogy version) as well. It successfully takes the Metroidvania formula and applies it to a whole new perspective. Great environments with great music, brilliant boss fights, lots of lore to find, really nice subtle touches like reflections and raindrops on the visor and the motion controls are a perfect fit. I could get lost on Tallon IV for hours on end.

Last edited:
What are your favorite Nintendo games? I'm curious about what you all consider your favorites to be.
1st party only:
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Xenoblade Chrinicles
  • Wonderful 101
  • Metroid Prime
  • Super Metroid
  • Pikmin 3
  • Fire Emblem 6
  • Pokemon Black/White (hoping SuMo replaces this)
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Metroid Zero Mission
  • Elite Beat Agents
If we add 3rd parties, Bravely Second makes the list as well.

:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't cookie dough kinda bad to eat on it's own?
As someone who overcooks meat until there's not a hint of red or pink ("ruin" it as some would say)...

...Cookie dough is worth it. A day or two of food poisoning be damned. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My top favourite nintendo games.

Path of Radiance
Black and White
Sun and Moon
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Mario Kart 8
Bravely Second if it counts
Earthbound
Golden Sun
Chrono Trigger if it counts
Link to the Past
Link Between Worlds
Super Mario Sunshine

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Favorite Nintendo games...

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Golden Sun
Golden Sun TLA
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Donkey Kong 64
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Pokemon Black & White
Pokemon Stadium's 1 & 2
F-Zero (SNES)
F-Zero X
Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
Fire Emblem: Binding Blade
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Bros 3
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Star Fox 64
Smash Bros games in general

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
**** the timer went off and I turned off the oven and the cookies weren't done so now I gotta preheat the oven again and put them back in!

D

Deleted member

Favorite Nintendo games, to name a few...

Super Mario Galaxy
Donkey Kong Country 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
For Honor looks sooooo goood. I'm worried my laptop wont be able to handle it tho :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some of my favorite Nintendo games: (not in particular order)
Super Mario 3D World
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Black and White 2
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Earthbound
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS
In conclusion, holy **** I need to play more games that aren't Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
My Favourites (no order):
  • Super Smash Bros Wii U / 3DS
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising, Of Myths & Monsters, KI 3D Classic
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • New Super Mario Bros DS
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Mario Kart DS/8
  • Splatoon
  • Legend of Zelda: TP - ALBW - MM - OOT - MC - WW - LA
  • Kirby's Adventure 3D Classic
  • Wario Land 3
  • Pokemon Moon
  • Pullblox
  • SteelDiver Sub Wars
....thats 90% of the Nintendo games I ever played :p (excluding demos and stuff)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"Rap music in games in bad" Well someone's never had a good taste of Pumpkin Hill.

Just once I wish someone would post MADWORLD music. But nah.

Mario World
Mario Kart Double Dash
MKDS
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon ORAS
Yoshi's Island
Kirby Sqeak Squad.
Super Metroid(need to play more of it)
Mario Sunshine
Link to the Past
Zelda TP/WW

Shout outs to Peach's game(not the best but underrated) and Pokemon G/S/C.

It should be obvious, but Melee and Smash 4 as well.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Favourite Nintendo games....this thread could use more positivity...

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Metroid
Metroid Zero Mission
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon ORAS
Pokemon Sun Moon