• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience, there doesn't seem to be a general consensus among Zelda fans on which game is the best.
the only consensus is that there is no consenus

OoT aged like crap but has the best evrything except when it doesnt

MM has a great gimmick and awesome sidequests but an average at best pool of dungeons

etc
etc
etc

TLDR every zelda games is the best except for the fact they are all terrible.
:061:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Evolutions on Evolutions....filing those dex pages...almost at 70% across the board so far...

also N64 Zeldas vs. GCN Zeldas?

I mean, personally I prefer the Gamecube Zeldas, but OoT and MM are still pretty damn good games...
Every Zelda game has it's faults, but they are still great games....

Then again I'm someone who hasn't disliked any Zelda game I've played yet so what do I know?

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice

MM has a great gimmick and awesome sidequests but an average at best pool of dungeons
these are issues with them. OoT can be awfully cryptic at times and Majora's Mask only has alright. But individually these two games do the best everything out of the entire series of 3D games. They're also pretty much the only times 3D Zelda innovated, and Majora's Mask is the only one that isn't desperately trying to be OoT. Seriously, TP, WW and the other one that shall not be named all exist in OoT's shadow while Majora is the only one that tries to be independent.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's just the thing...I'm using Adrenaline Orbs. :laugh: The problem isn't getting Drampa to call for help...the issue is getting help to arrive at all.

The GameCube is fifteen years old. If you were three when it came out you can legally vote in the US.

There goes misusing the word edgy again.

It's not edgy. Team Galactic is a terrorist organization, by all means. It's completely within reason for them to blow up a lake. Honestly when the evil teams are doing things far more innocuous and are supposed to be taken seriously, it's worse than anything "edgy." It's not edgy if it's believable.
Ah, I think the abilities affect that to, but I could be wrong.
Today I found out that:
-My 252 Sp.Atk/Spe Galvantula is... Adamant. Anyone know how viable a physical Galvantula is? Or is Compound Eyes Thunder just the way to go?
-My freaking Hydreigon just happens to be Modest. This thing is getting Hyper Trained
-My first ever Pokemon is Serious. At least Feraligatr isn't Modest
-My Aegislash is Jolly. Gonna be outspeeding those Aegislashes who think they're so high and mighty B^)
-HOLY **** HOW DID I GET AN ADAMANT SCIZOR I DON'T REMEMBER THAT

Wait, Pressure and Unnerve work like Intimidate in SOS battles?

****taste detected
Lemme correct you
>5 big and different dungeons
>lol puppet ganon lol
>sailing
>EXPLORING AND ADVENTURE
>OoT and MM aged like ****
>Gives off good feels

It still didn't hit hard enough on me to leave an impression
Then again, the only things I remember from Platinum clearly are Barry for how obnoxious he is, the bullshot the game thros at you 24/7 and OH GOD WHERE AM I AND WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GO WHO DESIGNED THIS MAP

It's edgy if it feels tacked on just to make them look intimidating, in which case it backfires at GF for trying too hard
Yes they both work the same as Intimidate.
OH MY GOD A SHINY DRAMPA OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. PLEASE DONT DIE BE STILL MY HEART.
Congrats! I hope to get one soon when My little bro makes a little farther, I'll chain it then.

This also reminds me!

The odds of shinys through SOS chaining are 1 in 600 between a chain of 70 and 255. They reset after. Here's the full details:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5hmd9h/spoiler_some_more_indepth_mechanics_on_sos_battle/
So.
If the old shiny chance was 1/8192, which Masuda method quintupled to about 1/1638.
If what the punk says is true and the base has been lowered to "about 1 in 4,000" likely doubled to 1/4096....
Are Masuda eggs now ~1/819?
Odds for Masuda are like 1 in 1,200.

With the Shiny charm it's about 1 in 612.
No wonder why Faces of Evil got the best DLC in Hyrule Warriors
Honestly this would have been amazing if it happened.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
the only consensus is that there is no consenus

etc
etc
etc

TLDR every zelda games is the best except for the fact they are all terrible.
:061:
That sounds like every fandom ever.

. . .Well not quite the same.

For most fandoms it's "Everything is terrible except when I grew up with it."

Or maybe that's just the fandoms I keep encountering.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmmm.. making regional forms of Machops line where they are fire types and wear more clothes since my region is probably the coldest region.

Chrono.

If anything, Twilight Princess is the only that feels like it wants to be OoT 2 and even that's a bit of a stretch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That sounds like every fandom ever.

. . .Well not quite the same.

For most fandoms it's "Everything is terrible except when I grew up with it."

Or maybe that's just the fandoms I keep encountering.
The Sonic fandom in a nutshell, the Mario fandom in a nutshell, the Pokemon fandom in a nutshell, the Dragon Ball fandom in a nutshell, the Final Fantasy fandom in a nutshell, the Mega Man fandom in a nutshell, and so forth.

It's like a never ending cycle for these various opinions among fans since forever.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmmm.. making regional forms of Machops line where they are fire types and wear more clothes since my region is probably the coldest region.
Are you taking inspiration from wrestlers that wear larger amounts of clothing? That was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
these are issues with them. OoT can be awfully cryptic at times and Majora's Mask only has alright. But individually these two games do the best everything out of the entire series of 3D games. They're also pretty much the only times 3D Zelda innovated, and Majora's Mask is the only one that isn't desperately trying to be OoT. Seriously, TP, WW and the other one that shall not be named all exist in OoT's shadow while Majora is the only one that tries to be independent.
You thought OoT was cryptic?

Burruni

Smash Hero

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
You thought OoT was cryptic?
not most of the time. It had it's moments though. The having to find Ruto's letter and having to travel to the past to get inside the well come to mind. Either that or I just suck.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My evolution streak has for the time being come to an end....

mainly because Krokorok and Metang will take a bit to evolve again...*wonders if the baby Pokemon I left at Isle Evelup are at Max Happiness yet*

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I wanted to rewatch Ojamajo Doremi.
*201 episodes*
Brah, I don't remember it was such a long anime.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about OOT? It simply just followed ALttP's winning formula. A good chunk of games after ALttP follow that formula more than it tries to be OOT 2.0. And ALttP's formula isn't much unique from the first Zelda game's. Most of them already do try to find 8 pieces/prizes in some fashion. Sometimes they have you find 3 pieces/prizes first, then change to another world, and do the 8 pieces/prizes next. WW's only notable for not having as many Dungeons as most games, but follows ALttP's formula pretty heavily. But it also has mini-Dungeons to help out, and still those exact 8 pieces.

The only really major thing that OOT started was the targeting system/being in 3D, not the key formula that is popular and works pretty well overall, and used for most Zelda games.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
The thing about OOT? It simply just followed ALttP's winning formula. A good chunk of games after ALttP follow that formula more than it tries to be OOT 2.0. And ALttP's formula isn't much unique from the first Zelda game's. Most of them already do try to find 8 pieces/prizes in some fashion. Sometimes they have you find 3 pieces/prizes first, then change to another world, and do the 8 pieces/prizes next. WW's only notable for not having as many Dungeons as most games, but follows ALttP's formula pretty heavily. But it also has mini-Dungeons to help out, and still those exact 8 pieces.

The only really major thing that OOT started was the targeting system/being in 3D, not the key formula that is popular and works pretty well overall, and used for most Zelda games.
I think it's safe to give OoT a pass on the basis that the jump to 3D is so incredible and that it's just a really well designed game in general. and I mean, these reasons are exactly why we have Majora's Mask

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think it's safe to give OoT a pass on the basis that the jump to 3D is so incredible and that it's just a really well designed game in general. and I mean, these reasons are exactly why we have Majora's Mask
I don't. While it was amazing for its time, it still has issues. The NPC's are absolutely awful and boring, with very little characterization as is. Ganondorf's characterization is a freaking joke. WW vastly made him an actual interesting character. TP made him even worse than his OOT self. The targeting system is a handholding design that doesn't allow for actual strong challenge in itself. It actually has held back the series challenge-wise. It wasn't till WW and TP that it even got more fun moves like all the techniques, which vastly improved the combat. It's a good start, but needed vast improvement, which unfortunately MM didn't deliver. It changed things up, but didn't heavily improve the gameplay itself by any means. The graphics definitely don't stand up to time either, but that's an n64 thing in general.

It doesn't get any kind of free pass. It aged poorly overall, but is still a fun game for its time. Also, Navi is an example of a poor design that really didn't need to automatically force you to listen to her, when it was fine to simply suggest you should by having her icon appear only. This got even worse over many games when the exposition character constantly forced suggestions upon you, not letting you figure things out yourself, like it should be. There's nothing wrong with it being an option, but the solution should be allowed to be found out manually as well. That's what made puzzles unique in the 2D games, by not giving you obvious hints right off the bat. It's okay to somewhat suggest it when using the overall mechanic the first time for a puzzle, but when it gives you the hint for every puzzle? That's a problematic design that doesn't allow the player to actually think for themselves. And the main issue with SS, as well as OOT.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a restaurant at the Asian market that just opened up that sold handmade "buns".

They ONLY had those, and only 3 kinds: Pork, Kimchi, and Red Bean. My dad had a pork and I had red bean. It was quite good.

But I am curious how they are going to stay in business with only those items

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There was a restaurant at the Asian market that just opened up that sold handmade "buns".

They ONLY had those, and only 3 kinds: Pork, Kimchi, and Red Bean. My dad had a pork and I had red bean. It was quite good.

But I am curious how they are going to stay in business with only those items
Yoooo Id try those in a heartbeat

Kimchi buns sounds prtty good

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
result_1708_947184178663247.jpg

Apparently I look Canadian from this probably RNG quiz on Facebook

@Canadians how accurate are the RNG Gods?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom?

He's been doing a lot of YouTube videos lately were he draws several characters in his style. He did one of Overwatch and recently Nintendo characters. But the one I wanted to share was one were he tried to draw Pokémon off descriptions alone.
His version of Volcanion is probably my favorite Pokémon.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I wasn't anticipating on doing another Moon update tonight, but here I am, doing it anyways.

Primarina: Level 50
Gengar: Level 50
Vikavolt: Level 49
Gigalith: Level 49
Umbreon: Level 49
Tsareena: Level 48

OK, before I start diving into plot stuff, my thoughts on the last trial... a complete joke. I LITERALLY JUST ONE-SHOT THE TOTEM. EVERYTHING GOT ONE-SHOT. I KNOW THEY HAD 4X WEAKNESS BUT STILL. Just... wow.
>"Hoo boy, time to fight Lusamine in Ultra Space can't wait to have Clefable make me fall into agony hopefully Vikavolt can wear this monster down."
>Clefable uses Wonder Room "thanks to Metronome"
>"Wait... that would mean that Clefable's defenses have been swapped. And it was more specially defensive... I think she just screwed up a bit."
>Vikavolt uses Flash Cannon and actually manages to get the special defense drop
>"THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING"
>Clefable goes down next turn from another Flash Cannon
>"IT HAPPENED"

... I have no words. The beast that caused us so much trouble last time... just falls flat. Rest in wherever you are, foul beast. Also praise be onto Vikavolt.
The rest of the battle was pretty easy, since Clefable was the only thing caused me too much trouble last time. Milotic was even more of a stalling pain than before but nothing impossible for Primarina to out wall, and everyone else... piece of cake.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom?

He's been doing a lot of YouTube videos lately were he draws several characters in his style. He did one of Overwatch and recently Nintendo characters. But the one I wanted to share was one were he tried to draw Pokémon off descriptions alone.
His version of Volcanion is probably my favorite Pokémon.
Terminal Montage used to be on this forum

What the hell is with the double ties? What's he think this is, 2015?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone happen to have a ditto with perfect special defense? I specifically need on with perfect special defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom