• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That feeling when you don't study for an exam and get an 88%. :bluejump:

Burruni

Smash Hero

The true reason Kukui STOMPED the Indigo Plateau.

Edit: Between Ice & Fairy, it could basically solo all of Bruno and Lance, with Gyrados being the only big fear.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I swear he says that he beat it but couldn't wait around being a champion.
Him wanting more of challenges hinting to him going to Unova to meet his wife before returning to Alola.
I looked it up, he was beat by Lance specifically

Burruni

Smash Hero
I looked it up, he was beat by Lance specifically
So, given how things kinda went down in Kanto.
Pre-Blue: Kukui beats Lance, that was the end.
That 2 year gap: ???
Post 2 year gap: Kukui beats Champion Lance, and that's the end.
Assuming he's like early-mid 30s (given he and guzma grew up together and he's a happily married man)...
I think Pre-Blue's most likely, if we're taking that Gen 1 happened about 10 years ago in universe.
Kanto/Hoenn -> 2 years -> Johto/Sinnoh -> ?? Years -> BW -> 2 Years ->B2W2/XY -> 1 or 2 years -> S/M

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom?

He's been doing a lot of YouTube videos lately were he draws several characters in his style. He did one of Overwatch and recently Nintendo characters. But the one I wanted to share was one were he tried to draw Pokémon off descriptions alone.
His version of Volcanion is probably my favorite Pokémon.
I love that even though he had absolutely no idea what he was doing or anything about Pokemon, he still took it in stride and was positive about the series.

In my previous experience when even the otherwise nicest of older people are exposed to Pokemon they end up going "Oh, Pokemon, uh. . .OK. . .yeah. . .(why on earth would anyone actually like that?)."

I went ahead and watched his Nintendo character thing as well. Judging by what he said about the first character he picked, seems he's actually been following rather recent news. And then he throws Sonic in there, immediately lampshades the obvious, and then says that Sonic is "Nintendo's cousin."

This guy seems pretty chill. Then again, considering the cartoons he made maybe it's not much of a surprise.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Golisopod's ability should have been called "Tactical Retreat"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Golisopod's ability should have been called "Tactical Retreat"
"Tactical Retreat" has been forever sullied by all the cowards of the past who have used that as an excuse.

Emergency Exit is a fresh and manly way for Golisopod to hide the fact that it's screaming internally and secretly about ready to run away in terror.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Bewear is my perfect stuffed honey eating ghost buster with hugs of doom.

I'm ashamed for not finding her this good beforehand.

Oh snap, time to bring Lord-Zero Lord-Zero here. :troll:
Bewear has been a great Pokemon in my Sun team so far so I'd definitely support it for Smash and Pokken.

Oh, spats. Ara ara~ :4dk:

@ interview: Masuda mentions that they've been getting a lot of D/P remake requests on Twitter and they're waiting for the Switch to be out and see how Pokemon could benefit the Switch.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only main-line Zelda game that can compare with how bad Spirit Tracks is; would be Zelda 1.
Spirit Tracks is pretty good.

You must mean Phantom Hourglass.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Spirit Tracks is pretty good.

You must mean Phantom Hourglass.
I thought the worst Zelda game (not counting the Unholy Triforce) that was considered is Zelda 2?

Or has people soften up on that?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought the worst Zelda game (not counting the Unholy Triforce) that was considered is Zelda 2?

Or has people soften up on that?
People forget about it, honestly,

Regardless it's worse than Zelda 1, PH and ST.

And I thought Triforce Heroes was liked overall. Just not loved.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People forget about it, honestly,

Regardless it's worse than Zelda 1, PH and ST.

And I thought Triforce Heroes was liked overall. Just not loved.
To be fair Zelda 2 isn't as bad as people make it out to be and the true issue is difficulty.

I mean ****, Dark Souls wishes it was hard as Zelda 2,

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>The only Zelda games I've even attempted are Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and that one Four Swords game they keep handing out for free every anniversary

Well uh

I will say I enjoyed the DS games better than Four Swords. Four Swords is built for multiplayer and I just have myself so I couldn't bring myself to play very far through it at all.

There's a good chance I'll finally dip into the "praised" games with Breath of the Wild, but Zelda is one of those series where the secondhand hype doesn't actually effect me that much and most of the things I like about Breath of the Wild are things I'm pretty sure the other games didn't have. I'm not much of a puzzle person, I more end up doing a bunch of random stupidity and/or sidequests for a while then end up getting bored and impatient and just charging through the plotline of a game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nope. It's only ever been released twice (2011 and 2014), unfortunately.
I got it the first time, reset my 3DS for whatever reason at one point, and then caught it when it was available the second time.

I had no idea there was a three year gap between releases.

Wow time moves way too fast.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Bewear has been a great Pokemon in my Sun team so far so I'd definitely support it for Smash and Pokken.
Eh.

I could see it in Pokken, absolutely, but in Smash I'd probably rather see Decidueye or Incineroar. Or both. Guy can dream.

Tangentially related, Decidueye seems like the Smash pick overall. They already have Fire and Water representatives, and Decidueye is probably the best Grass-type option not named Ivysaur, Grovyle, or Sceptile.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oooooohhhhhh.

I thought it was a nickname for Triforce Heroes.
If only.

Really though. All y'all. This isn't hard.

Zelda 1, PH, ST were all fine. I played them all. They were fine.

Triforce Heroes and Four Swords were fine. If you had friends. So typically not fine.

Zelda 2 was akin to being beaten over the head with a horse.

And the actual best Zelda was never up for debate.

January 12th Switch Presentation stuff:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kinda sucks it's not the 12th already... already too hyped.
Ooo.

I'm off work and it's in line with my sleep schedule?

Ninty, you shouldn't have.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yooka Laylee Wii U version got canned
"After many challenging months, we’re finally able to update you on the Wii U version of Yooka-Laylee and announce a number of developments.

The Playtonic team is sad to confirm that despite our best efforts and exploring every possible avenue, we’ve encountered unforeseen technical issues that unfortunately mean it will be impossible for us to release the game on Wii U as initially planned.

Soon to see 80% increase in nonsense puns.
We can however confirm the exciting news that we are now working very closely with Nintendo to look to bring Yooka-Laylee to the upcoming Nintendo Switch. We’re looking forward to exploring the opportunity and will have more details to share early next year.

We’d like to apologise to those affected by this development and offer all Wii U backers the opportunity to move their pledge free-of-charge to any of the versions launching on April 11th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac or Linux) or upgrade to the Nintendo Switch version when we announce further details in 2017.

Information on how backers can change their formats will arrive in January, once we’ve finalised the smoothest possible solution. For more details on our platform change, we’ve prepared a Yooka-Laylee Wii U FAQ page.

The Playtonic team thank you for your continued support and understanding on this issue and hope you look forward to future developments on the Nintendo front. We hope, in the fullness of time, we can make Nintendo platforms a great place to experience Yooka-Laylee – and beyond"
Releases April 11th and costs £34.99 / $39.99 / €39.99 at launch\

ALSO WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THERE'S A PANTY AND STOCKING ANNOUNCEMENT IN 3 DAYS

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just watched the DBS episodes about Arale and Baseball, they were funny af.
I like how they're aware that Power Scaling is a mess now and they do jokes about it.

Some people forget that Dragon Ball started with mostly comical stuff and said comedy carried over in DBZ filler, like when Goku and Piccolo went to driving school.

D

Deleted member

stuff about Yooka-Laylee not coming to the Wii u
I think this is their revenge on me for not playing attention to any of the trailers.
Jokes aside, while it sucks that I won't be able to play the game on the Wii U, it's not enough to make me want to buy a switch.

D

Deleted member

Yooka Laylee Wii U version got canned
"After many challenging months, we’re finally able to update you on the Wii U version of Yooka-Laylee and announce a number of developments.

The Playtonic team is sad to confirm that despite our best efforts and exploring every possible avenue, we’ve encountered unforeseen technical issues that unfortunately mean it will be impossible for us to release the game on Wii U as initially planned.

Soon to see 80% increase in nonsense puns.
We can however confirm the exciting news that we are now working very closely with Nintendo to look to bring Yooka-Laylee to the upcoming Nintendo Switch. We’re looking forward to exploring the opportunity and will have more details to share early next year.

We’d like to apologise to those affected by this development and offer all Wii U backers the opportunity to move their pledge free-of-charge to any of the versions launching on April 11th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Mac or Linux) or upgrade to the Nintendo Switch version when we announce further details in 2017.

Information on how backers can change their formats will arrive in January, once we’ve finalised the smoothest possible solution. For more details on our platform change, we’ve prepared a Yooka-Laylee Wii U FAQ page.

The Playtonic team thank you for your continued support and understanding on this issue and hope you look forward to future developments on the Nintendo front. We hope, in the fullness of time, we can make Nintendo platforms a great place to experience Yooka-Laylee – and beyond"
Releases April 11th and costs £34.99 / $39.99 / €39.99 at launch\

ALSO WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THERE'S A PANTY AND STOCKING ANNOUNCEMENT IN 3 DAYS
There's this, and Bloodstained's Wii U port is likely getting canned in favor of a Switch port as well, albeit due to the game being delayed to 2018 and the Wii U becoming less relevant.

Breath of the Wild is probably going to be the Wii U's swansong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom