• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I hope the upcoming Fire Emblem mobile game isn't handled as horribly as Pokémon Go.

> First update will be just Arcanean units

> Take years just to have Telius units.
You'll be in luck, because Niantic isn't involved in the Nintendo / DeNA deal. I'm pretty sure Nintendo and DeNA would like to try capitalizing on the Fire Emblem game's success (if that ends up being the case) and regularly add new content to it just like what's currently being done to Miitomo.

Unlike what happened with Pokémon GO and Niantic's failure to capitalize on its success.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Implying Crapcom would put Over from Mega Man Xover in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 at the time.
> Still using Crapcom in 2016

Also, I'm sure the company was aware of how hated the game was at the time. Hence Mega Man Xover not getting localized to the angry Western Mega Man fans.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My mom hates to guess what people want for Xmas, so it just gave me 2000 Tacocoins.

I don't want to sound like a tear drinker, but I'm curious what the meltdown would look like. :p
Inb4 we get a Tokyo Mirage Sessions newcomer causing a bigger meltdown.

Last edited:

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Inb4 we get a Tokyo Mirage Sessions newcomer causing a bigger meltdown.
I don't even mind the abundance of Fire Emblem characters but I would have a meltdown at a Tokyo Mirage Sessions character

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I don't want to watch the meltdown of getting a seventh FE newcomer, but if it does somehow happen then mounted unit or bust.

Characters we already have can have their movesets altered to have a lance or an axe if it's absolutely necessary, but in their current classes there's no way you're getting them on a horse. Especially don't take someone who was on a horse and then make them having certain weapon options be the "marketing point." If, say, Ephraim is on a horse, then the horse needs to be under his hindquarters at all times and needs to be a large portion of his moveset, as well as actually being acknowledged.

They made a Manakete happen somehow against all odds, the main truly unique thing they have left is equestrianism, either of normal horses or of pegasi. Other mounted units are also there, but with a Manakete and the Smash cast overall in mind I see their movements being less unique.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Doubt a playable TMS character would ever happen given the sales compared to mainline games of both SMT and Fire Emblem.

But a stage however with some noteworthy tracks would be just as good.

Complete with a certain scene as their Final Smash.

You know what scene I mean. :troll:
Faaaiiiiiaaaaa ~ Eeeeemmmmmburemuuuu!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone speak Spanish? Masuda apparently discusses the Switch here:
http://www.meristation.com/reportaj...intendo-switch-es-el-futuro/2163540?ssm=TW_CM
"No doubt Nintendo Switch is the future , but we'll have to wait out the market and study how they can benefit from Pokémon. When people have, we will have to see and study how they use deeply then think how will the next installment of the saga Pokémon and how theycould benefit from this new console. "

also

"
MeriStation : With each new generation, since the beginning of the saga, as we have seen have been doing remakes of previous installments, about ten or eleven years since the original release of such securities. After Omega Ruby and Sapphire Alga for the third generation, it is time to return to Sinnoh with Pearl and Diamond, who recently served ten years in Japan. Is it time to raise the remakes of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl approaching?

Masuda : [Laughs] They tell us how much on Twitter. Well ... I do not know, I do not know ...[Laughs]"

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've said it before, I'll say it again: I don't want to watch the meltdown of getting a seventh FE newcomer, but if it does somehow happen then mounted unit or bust.

Characters we already have can have their movesets altered to have a lance or an axe if it's absolutely necessary, but in their current classes there's no way you're getting them on a horse. Especially don't take someone who was on a horse and then make them having certain weapon options be the "marketing point." If, say, Ephraim is on a horse, then the horse needs to be under his hindquarters at all times and needs to be a large portion of his moveset, as well as actually being acknowledged.

They made a Manakete happen somehow against all odds, the main truly unique thing they have left is equestrianism, either of normal horses or of pegasi. Other mounted units are also there, but with a Manakete and the Smash cast overall in mind I see their movements being less unique.
I know Ill sound rude but Why would it matter if people had a meltdown or not? its their faults for having a meltdown about an optional character you can choose to not play as.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Real Talk, Tsubasa would have to get the Nintendo of America treatment with a censored cleavage if she happens to be in Smash.

The same thing happened to Bayonetta as a whole and Female Corrin's legs after all.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I missed like 12 pages of stuff either something leaked, major news or it was endless ****posting

Has to be the latter :p

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm not even mad that Fire Emblem currently has more characters than Zelda. I actually find it hilariously ironic that a smaller franchise (though nowadays it's considered a major IP) has that many characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nah, but the same crowd that boycotted over TMS's censorship will.

Just saying.
I can already see the headlines over this.

Local SJW Localization Company Reminds Tokyo Mirage Sessions Fans Of The Censorship Of Wii U Game In The Newwest Smash Bros. With New Character Tsubasa Oribe

Sounds clickbaity enough to be a real news article? :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
Real Talk, Tsubasa would have to get the Nintendo of America treatment with a censored cleavage if she happens to be in Smash.

The same thing happened to Bayonetta as a whole and Female Corrin's legs after all.
Wouldn't Female Corrin's case potentially be Japan's fault? I mean, Palutena is actually censored in the Japanese version compared to the English version. With Bayonetta, she was going to be censored regardless.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wouldn't Female Corrin's case potentially be Japan's fault? I mean, Palutena is actually censored in the Japanese version compared to the English version. With Bayonetta, she was going to be censored regardless.
This.

And the same will happen to her precious Senran Kagura characters if they ever bounce themselves into Smash.

Which is a big IF on its own because of how niche the series is and the demand for them.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ewww... another Fire Emblem rep I never cared that Fire Emblem got a lot of reps in 3DS/Wii U.

But I don't play the series enough to know who I want next.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Boon's teasing again:

That's Hourman (he takes pills to get his powers for just an hour), part of the Justice Society of America. He's also in Legends of Tomorrow as well albeit in a small appearance.

Nah, but the same crowd that boycotted over TMS's censorship will.
So an insignificant group of people who would just find something else to whine about then.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Knew about these, especially Bayonetta since the M Rated Version would never be allowed in Smash. Just abus.... errr using them as examples.

And the same will happen to her precious Senran Kagura characters if they ever bounce themselves into Smash.

Which is a big IF on its own because of how niche the series is and the demand for them.

I saw what you did there, you sly little bilby.

So an insignificant group of people who would just find something else to whine about then.

Yes. :troll:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Boon's teasing again:

That's Hourman (he takes pills to get his powers for just an hour), part of the Justice Society of America. He's also in Legends of Tomorrow as well albeit in a small appearance.

Sounds like someone who could really abuse the gear system. Seeing as they allow for different special moves as well. I can see him being like Robin in Smash, in that his moves have limited ammo, and he's forced to switch to another or refresh manually. I feel like I've seen him before, but he's not one of the DC characters I'm familiar with. Never got invested with Justice Society, and I'm only really able to recognize Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and I think Wildcat is the name of another member.

Unless Question is one of them too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Boon's teasing again:

So, all you need to beat that guy is enough endurance to last an hour. Then bam, he'd done for.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
maybe they changed it in Smash because it was a really stupid quirk in her design

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sounds like someone who could really abuse the gear system. Seeing as they allow for different special moves as well. I can see him being like Robin in Smash, in that his moves have limited ammo, and he's forced to switch to another or refresh manually. I feel like I've seen him before, but he's not one of the DC characters I'm familiar with. Never got invested with Justice Society, and I'm only really able to recognize Jay Garrick, Alan Scott, and I think Wildcat is the name of another member.

Unless Question is one of them too.
Hawkman, Dr Fate, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Black Adam and Red Tornado were all members at some point as well.
Question is with the League, only other affiliations are L.A.W and the Black Lantern corps

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
maybe they changed it in Smash because it was a really stupid quirk in her design
But think of those that like it for making her perfect waifu mater...

Oh wait, they'll find it hotter that way like a certain someone does with Tsubasa's fresh new spats. :smirk:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It says: "Bandana Dee will be coming to Smash next year, he will be Top Tier. We are also thinking about including Bewear".
Bewear is my perfect stuffed honey eating ghost buster with hugs of doom.

I'm ashamed for not finding her this good beforehand.

Oh wait, they'll find it hotter that way like a certain someone does with Tsubasa's fresh new spats. :smirk:
Oh snap, time to bring @Lord-Zero here. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom