• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thinking of Xmas gifts for my family can be a challenge.

So far I'm thinking of getting my twin this:

First I need to know his shirt size.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aside from a few, namely Raichu and Marowak I'm not too big on the regional variants of the Pokemon. I would have preferred more Megas or totally new evolutions entirely. At least with Megas, you could give weaker Pokemon more of purpose, like Charizard being fairly sub-par to being a monster. And Venasaur getting even bulkier and getting a good ability to deal with some of it's weaknesses.

They should just avoid giving them to already strong Pokemon. Though normal Blazikens aren't too broken, since Blaze is only okay at best.

I would hope that at least the other Starter Pokemon get them. It'd be strange if only two sets of them got Megas, yet the others never got them at all later down the line.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Aside from a few, namely Raichu and Marowak I'm not too big on the regional variants of the Pokemon. I would have preferred more Megas or totally new evolutions entirely. At least with Megas, you could give weaker Pokemon more of purpose, like Charizard being fairly sub-par to being a monster. And Venasaur getting even bulkier and getting a good ability to deal with some of it's weaknesses.

They should just avoid giving them to already strong Pokemon. Though normal Blazikens aren't too broken, since Blaze is only okay at best.

I would hope that at least the other Starter Pokemon get them. It'd be strange if only two sets of them got Megas, yet the others never got them at all later down the line.
If only Mega Slaking were a thing.

Got to make him a competitive beast without lazing around because of Truant.

Chrono.

I thought Alolan forms were kind of a dud. They went with the bare minimum and felt tacked on as a result.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Normal Blaziken can get speed boost

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I thought Alolan forms were kind of a dud. They went with the bare minimum and felt tacked on as a result.
Meanwhile, A-Marowak is scaring Ubermons and A-Raichu is considered the next Excadrill.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but regional variants have proven that even small changes can make huge differences. After seeing these guys in action, I've come to accept the minor changes.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Meanwhile, A-Marowak is scaring Ubermons and A-Raichu is considered the next Excadrill.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but regional variants have proven that even small changes can make huge differences. After seeing these guys in action, I've come to accept the minor changes.
This.
Add Alolan "Only stopped by ground lel" Muk to the mix and it's obvious small changes make big differences

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG Really?

I just saw a video where people are talking about how Team Skull is racist because of cultural appropriation

Chrono.

I'm not talking competitvely.

Just design wise. There's not enough of them really, and only gen 1 regional variants was a lame move.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't played Pokémon GO in a long time. Most likely reason is me carrying around a tablet instead of a pocket size phone is turning me off (I don't have a smart phone, fyi). That, or the need of traveling and grinding isn't getting me excited.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I want GO to go (hue) all the way to Gen 7 to see people losing their **** when a Buzzwole appears on their closet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OMG Really?

I just saw a video where people are talking about how Team Skull is racist because of cultural appropriation
Isn't Hawaii itself one huge byproduct of cultural appropriation via the mixing of native, American, and Japanese cultures? Malasadas are a Portugese Mardi Gras food that got imported to Hawaii at some point in the past due to Portugese workers moving there.

Am I missing something about the context? Because without context Hawaii seems like one of the last places to be arguing about cultural appropriation.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If I'm going to be going back to playing Pokemon Go...while there's snow on the ground...

I better be able to find a certain Ice type :215:...
Pokemon Go is hardly worth it me since there's honestly too much effort for too little reward...I don't get much of an opportunity to travel as much to give myself more of a chance to find a better variety of Pokemon...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I was looking forward to this gen until now.
Tho I guess i'll go back to hatching eggs on the bus to and from school for like a week.

Also, igglypuff is there from 2K eggs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Pokemon Go update really doesn't change my opinion on the app; I still have zero interest in it and that will never change, even when Chandelure and Greninja become available.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm a bit late, but I'll join in on the fun.

Basicallly Princess Kaguya in Pokémon form, I have to say I like how they created this design. It incorporates everything about the myth from the bamboo, to the spaceship, to the traditional Japanese wear. It's a design that incorporates a lot of details from a source, but does it in a way that comes together pretty well. Also, I like how flexible of a Pokémon it is, you could play it in many ways and it'd still be rather effective, which is pretty neat since the UBs are mostly minmaxed into certain roles.

Kind of a surprise considering the design borrows from Pikachu, but I do like that there's some self-awareness in its lore in that it knows it's copying Pikachu and it's doing so in the hopes of being popular itself (which, in real life, it did work). It was a nice little tidbit that made it more memorable, and it's one of the reasons why I liked that the official site went more indepth with the lore of each Pokémon then in previous generations.

While we technically have had wolf Pokémon before, I feel this guy really embodies a lot of the qualities fans look for in a wolf. What I like about it is its rather noble look, as it gives it a nice feel and makes it stand out from most of the other dog-like Pokémon. Also, it's nice to finally get a more common fast Rock type as they're traditionally played as tanks, and that spread worked well for my team. My only issue is that its moveset is lackluster, though hopefully tutors will save it.

I heavily debated this one, but ultimately what won him this spot was that I got so attached to him as Nebby in the story. I did like that they mixed up the typical legendary story, and the relationship he (or she in the case of Lunala) formed with Lillie was likeable with that final image in particular between the two is pretty touching considering the adventure you had with them. I really grew to like Solgaleo by the end of my adventure, and while it's not my favorite Cover Legendary, it's still stands strong among them for what the story did with it.

While I'm still a bit annoyed by the gender rate of Salandit, I do like its design. It does have that look of a colony queen, and I do like the pink on it as it contrasts well with the purple. Gameplay-wise, I always like speedsters, so it fits well with me, though I do wonder why they gave it Corrosion if it's not meant to be a tank, oh well, being able to Toxic Skarmory is always neat.

One of the many cool Bug types this generation introduced, I like that they drew from a rather unknown species of spiders and used that concept to create a pretty unique design. Also, it's nice to have two Water/Bug lines stay that way as it's a pretty neat type combo, and it's nice to be able to play around with it in different ways between it and Golisopod.

The UBs tend to have unusual design, but this one takes the cake. It's vague 'human' when you first take a look, but once you see its animations, it's really not as it's limbs are all used as if it's some sort of alien tree. It's a very weird, but creative design that highlights one of the UBs' best aspects IMO, and I hope GF does experiment with more designs like this in the future.

I like this guy's design, but what really puts it here is its animations. They're some of the most fun and enjoyable ones not only of the UBs, but also of the Alolan Pokémon in general. You can tell GF had a lot of fun making this Pokémon and playing off of its design and that makes it very memorable to me.

Some don't really like the amount of details to this one, but I really like it. The scales motif being combined with South Asian warrior wear is a rather creative idea and I think it does pull it off pretty well. The scales form a helmet, armor, and even a monk staff with the tail, and each part of it is a pretty creative implementation of them. Considering it's the first Dragon/Fighting combo we've gotten, it's a pretty good crack at representing both typings and I'm glad we got it in the form of this Pokémon. Plus, it's a very strong option for in-game as while its speed is lower then some options, its mixed stats allow it to play any role you want for it, which allows for some nice flexibility in terms of your team make-up.

As a small note, I was surprised to learn that it actually walks quadrupedal like Jangmo-o, I didn't expect that with its stance.

Yet another awesome bug type, while the idea of "weak first stage becomes badass final stage" has been used before, I still do like this take. Golisopod incorporates elements from the giant isopod and samurais, and they managed to make the shell of the former into the armor of the latter. It's a pretty intimidating looking design, and honestly you definitely wouldn't want to piss off this bug as he does seem like he'd strike you down quickly (especially with First Impressions). It's also a pretty good in-game Pokémon as it's easy to work around the ability and First Impression is such a strong move that having it use that on top of its other priority moves meant that it could give a strong first hit, get out of there if it got too troublesome, and allow you to get something in to finish off the threat. It ended up being a strong option for my team and I'm glad I was able to use it.

Also as a side note, I like its Refresh animations, it's kind of surprising that it can pull off being adorable with that design, it's kind of like Hydreigon for me in that regard.

Honorable Mention: Sivally, Vikavolt, Torracat, Decidueye, Passimian

I know there was some discussion a few days ago about Plumeria being an underwhelming character in the S/M games, so that made me think of a question to ask everyone here:

What is everyone's opinion about Faba and his role in the story?

Make sure you put your answer in the spoilers tag just in case.
Very underutilized I have to say. As a villain, he doesn't do much and his only big moment is Hau calling him out for his stupidity, and his other appearances aren't really that notable. As he is right now, he's pretty superfluous, so hopefully the next game steps it up for him and gives him a more involved role.

I'm in the same boat, conceptually it's such a cool concept since speciation is a very real part of the animal kingdom and there's a lot of ways to make creative and fun monster designs with the idea. Hell, I think they did a good job with their first few in that regards since their designs deviate just enough that it stands out, and their typings and lore add even more to that.

But I feel it stumbled after that point, most of the rest really didn't change too much from their original forms in terms of appearance, some had a lot of missed opportunities in terms of lore, and in some cases (not all as there are those like Alolan Marowak) they barely change at all from a stat perspective (such as Dugtrio, who loses 10 points in speed for defense) so they can essentially just be in the same role with a minor tweak. Also, while I don't mind the idea of giving fans who stuck with the series since the beginning a little treat, I think restricting them to just that set of Pokémon really limited what they could play around with in terms of the concept. I've seen a lot of creative ideas for Johto Pokémon for instance, but due to the restriction, those can never come to be, which is a shame since I think a lot of Johto Pokémon (and those from other regions) could really benefit from having access to those forms.

All in all, it wasn't a bad idea, but it was one that didn't really reach its true potential. I do hope they don't drop it after this point as I think using this concept could be great after some refinement, it's just not at that point yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HOLY **** I'M FINALLY FREE
And I also have my graduation tomorrow, yay
Yessssss.

Rock and Roll Rock/Flying
Heavy Metal Steel Flying
Capoeira Fighting/Flying
Disco Fairy/Flying
Rock and Heavy Metal are musical styles, not dancing styles though
But Disco Oricorio tho
We have a fruit- a literal fruit- as SuMo's top Waifumon. Why not?
Yeah, I agree, Acerola is the top waifu
How about another Sun and Moon discussion:

Who is your favorite Trial Captain?

Answer in the Strawpoll here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11859822

If you're going to leave a reply to this post, put a spoilers tag just to be safe.

Who did I pick? I went with Acerola!

I thought it was pretty interesting how she's a descendant of Alola royalty, and her personality is pretty cute. She treats any Ghost-type Pokemon like it's a cute thing to play with, and she has a group of preschoolers that she likes to bond with. She's also pretty active in the Ula Ula Island portion of the story, and the way she bonds with Lillie and Nanu was pretty sweet too. It was also a surprise to see her become a part of the Alola Elite Four, and the battle with her was fun (not to mention that dance that she does does as she stands there was adorable)

She's also a precious cinnamon roll. Her facial expressions never get old.

I'd say it's Acerrola, Ilima and Lana, in that order, from the current ones
However, my favorite Trial captain has got to be Molayne, he's just a chill and nice guy and it's also cool he has an actual relation to another chara ter by being Kukui's friend and it's said they went in their journey together.
SM sequel with Kukui and Molayne when
Generation 2 is here.

Oh boy, finally time to get pla--
So you have to hatch them to get them?

That's kind of lame.
"Pokemon GO was uninstalled"
Gen 3 Pokemon will onpy be avaible in the middle of the ocean
Gen 4 will be in trash cans
Gen 5 will only be in big cities
Gen 6 will have half of its Pokemon missing
Gen 7 won't get any Pokemon because GO will be dead by that point

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know, I hope the upcoming Fire Emblem mobile game isn't handled as horribly as Pokémon Go.

> First update will be just Arcanean units

> Take years just to have Telius units.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alolan Muk is the only Alola form that was useful to me. Most are pretty ehh... I don't even mind it just being Kanto pokemon, but there were better choices they could've went from the Kanto region.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alolan Muk and Alolan Sandslash were useful for me

I wanted to try alolan Exeggutor but never ended up using it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dad: "Make a christmas list. You can put what you want on it. Ill only get stuff I can affrod"

Me: *doesnt know what to put on my list*

My mind is completly blank
I have the exact same problem too. Parents don't know what to get me for Xmas and I don't know myself either.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
omg Idk what to ask for christmas. I have clothing and a drawing tablet on my list and thats it
I have the exact same problem too. Parents don't know what to get me for Xmas and I don't know myself either.
I buy most of my stuff myself and my dad is 75, he doesnt have time to go runnin around

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OMG Really?

One of these days, you'll hear that Santa Claus is a cultural appropriation of Sinterklaas.

You know, I hope the upcoming Fire Emblem mobile game isn't handled as horribly as Pokémon Go.

I'm actually hoping it's a brand new FE game set in a new universe.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm actually hoping it's a brand new FE game set in a new universe.
That would be cool too. Most mobile games usually go for an original universe and protagonist like Mega Man Xover.

Just as long as this doesn't lead to another Fire Emblem newcomer. :laugh:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My top 10 new pokemon are:
1. Tsareena
2. Pheromosa
3. Primarina
4. Nihilego
5. Tapu Lele
6. Silvally
7. Mimikyu
8. Crabrawler
9. Vikavolt
10. Lurantis

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That would be cool too. Most mobile games usually go for an original universe and protagonist like Mega Man Xover.

Just as long as this doesn't lead to another Fire Emblem newcomer. :laugh:
> Implying Crapcom would put Over from Mega Man Xover in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 at the time.

D

Deleted member

Please don't let this meme die

I mean, they'd have to get the Jugdral, Elibe and Magvel characters first
And that'd take some time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom