• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man....had two Lapras' visit me and neither wanted to stay....:(

Do all Lapras species hate me or something?....I know I'm using one for surfing and fishing, but I never heard it complain...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gen 1 can go **** itself. It's gotten too much pandering tbh, which simply is unfair. When Alolan Pokemon were deliberately kept as Gen 1 for the sake of pandering to the roots, I kept asking myself "Why not at the very least have Alolan mons for Johto?" Thinking about it, Johto got screwed over a lot in general. If you have an anniversary title, it's okay to have the most pandering to the originals, just don't forget about literally everything else

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gen 1 can go **** itself. It's gotten too much pandering tbh, which simply is unfair. When Alolan Pokemon were deliberately kept as Gen 1 for the sake of pandering to the roots, I kept asking myself "Why not at the very least have Alolan mons for Johto?" Thinking about it, Johto got screwed over a lot in general. If you have an anniversary title, it's okay to have the most pandering to the originals, just don't forget about literally everything else
Still upset at no Alola forms for the Johto starters...

Or that instead of getting an Alola form Corsola gets bullied by Mareanie...

This is why I'm hoping for Sinnoh forms if the Gen IV remakes are a thing...

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Still upset at no Alola forms for the Johto starters...

Or that instead of getting an Alola form Corsola gets bullied by Mareanie...

This is why I'm hoping for Sinnoh forms if the Gen IV remakes are a thing...
It'd be silly to not keep the regional variants idea going forwards because it actually makes some sense and it'd be cool seeing some of the different adaptations taken on board for certain Pokemon.
If Flygon can't get a Mega then give it a regional variant dammit.

D

Deleted member

I think the ultimate gen 1 pandering would be "Kanto variants. Taking pokemon after gen 2 and simplifying them. :p

Chrono.

I don't think we're getting Gen 1 remakes, but I do think we might be seeing Kanto sequels.

Games taking place near a decade after Gen 1 in the current time.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
How about another Sun and Moon discussion:

Who is your favorite Trial Captain?

Answer in the Strawpoll here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/11859822

If you're going to leave a reply to this post, put a spoilers tag just to be safe.

Who did I pick? I went with Acerola!

I thought it was pretty interesting how she's a descendant of Alola royalty, and her personality is pretty cute. She treats any Ghost-type Pokemon like it's a cute thing to play with, and she has a group of preschoolers that she likes to bond with. She's also pretty active in the Ula Ula Island portion of the story, and the way she bonds with Lillie and Nanu was pretty sweet too. It was also a surprise to see her become a part of the Alola Elite Four, and the battle with her was fun (not to mention that dance that she does does as she stands there was adorable)

She's also a precious cinnamon roll. Her facial expressions never get old.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It'd be silly to not keep the regional variants idea going forwards because it actually makes some sense and it'd be cool seeing some of the different adaptations taken on board for certain Pokemon.
If Flygon can't get a Mega then give it a regional variant dammit.

That just gave me an idea...

Sinnoh Trapinch (Bug/Water)
Sinnoh Vibrava (Bug/Dragon)
Sinnoh Flygon (Bug/Dragon)

Trapinch can be acquired in the Great Marsh after adapting to the more moist environment...

If you're going to leave a reply to this post, put a spoilers tag just to be safe.

I thought it was pretty interesting how she's a descendant of Alola royalty, and her personality is pretty cute. She treats any Ghost-type Pokemon like it's a cute thing to play with, and she has a group of preschoolers that she likes to bond with. She's also pretty active in the Ula Ula Island portion of the story, and the way she bonds with Lillie and Nanu was pretty sweet too. It was also a surprise to see her become a part of the Alola Elite Four, and the battle with her was fun (not to mention that dance that she does does as she stands there was adorable)

Has to be Acerola!!

D

Deleted member

Sophocles because he's a socially akward nerd, which is basically me.
He also specializes in one of my favorite types.

Chrono.

Acerola as well, for most of the reasons you posted so I won't repeat myself.

I actually like most of the captains, except for Mina.

Thought she was pretty lame.

I know that by the time you find her the game has already ditched the Island Challenge plot for the Lusamine Rescue arc, but they could've at least pretended to care at that point... Not to mention her personality or design doesn't appeal to me much in the first place.

A shame really because Fairy is my favorite type while I'm bored of Dragons at this point, so I would've rather had the former.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love that they made this joke.

Even though I like Boom Sonic's design, I've never been a fan of the blue arms. Sonic and blue arms is a no no for me. Though not to the point were I would pepper spray a GameStop employee mind you.

So in some ways, that painting is an improvement.
I think its acually making fun of the people that think that.

Segas been making fun of their fanbace more and more and I love it

yes Im slow, just woke up
Honestly a gen 1 remake seems way more likely.
please god no

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mina needs some lessons on "how to not give a **** about stuff and be cool at the same time" from Nanu.

D

Deleted member

There's nothing more frustrating than having 99 out of the ****ing 100 Zygarde Cells and then trying to find the last one in every damn place imaginable. It's INFIURIATING.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Went back to that blog, read through a few more pages, and. . .

#2014 said:
Everyone knows gods come in all shapes and sizes and they know Villager is no exception.
I'm. . .I'm not even sure what to say.

Chrono.

There's nothing more frustrating than having 99 out of the ****ing 100 Zygarde Cells and then trying to find the last one in every damn place imaginable. It's INFIURIATING.
Use a guide, it's what I did.

I missed a cell back in Poni Canyon and managed to find it fast enough thankfully.

D

Deleted member

Use a guide, it's what I did.

I missed a cell back in Poni Canyon and managed to find it fast enough thankfully.
That's exactly what i did, did you thought that im gonna try and find all of those cells witouth a guide? Nice one.

I used 2 guides (Gamexplain's video and Serebii's video) and despite going all the way through the end, and i still haven't found that damn Cell.

Doesn't help that when i try to look for help, i see people proclaiming some bug or error about one of the cells giving you -1 or some ****.

Oh and also to anybody who wants to do a guide on how to get the Zygard Cores/Cells.....hm hm.....

DIVIDE THE CELLS BY DAY AND NIGHT, STOP GROUPING THEM TOGHETER, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TEDIOUS IS TO HAVE TO GET NEBBY OUT OF THE BAG PC AND THEN HAVE TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER PARALLEL UNIVERSE JUST TO GET ONE OF THE CELLS?, IT'S RIDICULOUS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

That's exactly what i did, did you thought that im gonna try and find all of those cells witouth a guide? Nice one.

I used 2 guides (Gamexplain's video and Serebii's video) and despite going all the way through the end, and i still haven't found that damn Cell.

Doesn't help that when i try to look for help, i see people proclaiming some bug or error about one of the cells giving you -1 or some ****.

Oh and also to anybody who wants to do a guide on how to get the Zygard Cores/Cells.....hm hm.....

DIVIDE THE CELLS BY DAY AND NIGHT, STOP GROUPING THEM TOGHETER, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TEDIOUS IS TO HAVE TO GET NEBBY OUT OF THE BAG PC AND THEN HAVE TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER PARALLEL UNIVERSE JUST TO GET ONE OF THE CELLS, IT'S RIDICULOUS.
That is why I did all the time specific cells first.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

DIVIDE THE CELLS BY DAY AND NIGHT, STOP GROUPING THEM TOGHETER, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TEDIOUS IS TO HAVE TO GET NEBBY OUT OF THE BAG PC AND THEN HAVE TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER PARALLEL UNIVERSE JUST TO GET ONE OF THE CELLS?, IT'S RIDICULOUS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTxtBIURqc
This is the best guide, as the timestamps say which ones are during what time, though a Melemele cell isn't listed as time exclusive iirc

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beat Moon.

Truly the pinnacle of might and type coverage. Wait, sorry, that's not right. The opposite of that.

I don't remember specifics about the whole Elite Four process, only that everyone on the crew not named Collar Fluff got a piece of the action in nearly every bout. My stubborn decision to stick with my crew had me handing out Hyper Potions, Full Restores and Max Revives on the regular, because who levels a team for type coverage these days.

Decidueye, Greninja, and more rarely Lycanroc dealt the hits; Snorlax tanked when I needed to revive or heal the others; and Salamence deserves a special shout-out for straddling both camps, often simultaneously.

The surprise Flying crew in the Elite Four was a world of bull****. It didn't have to be, but it was. I never bothered to memorize the type chart because I have much to much useless internetting to do, and thus forgot that, Skarmory aside, Lycanroc could get out her broom and cap and become Janitor, Sweeper of Worlds. This left me scrambling with some mix of Salamence and Greninja until the observation hit me. It's alright though. The rematch is coming, and the rematch is pissed.

Snorlax mirror with Kukui to close the championship title match was, in the best way possible, the dumbest, dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. His soaked up a Pulverizing Pancake to open the match, and followed up with a Full Restore on the next turn, thus beginning an epic conflict of who could sit on who the fastest, hardest, and most. The Battle of the Butt Titans will be remembered in Alolan history forever more.

Meanwhile, sleeper hit when trying to catch Tapu Koko after the fact was none other than Collar Fluff - who just so happened to be the only member of the crew with attacks weak enough to safely put the guardian in the red for the catch (what's False Swipe, precious?). Which is good, because I blew through some twenty Ultras on the *******. And promptly shipped him to the hot springs with Lunala, because I respect my legendary mythic guardians by giving them some god damn spa time.

And I swear to god I expected Lillie to make a move on my PC for like the entire third act. Instead she gets put on a boat. Well alright then.

So now I have Ultra Beasts to hunt, a Battle Tree to climb, and people who really, really want my shiny Champion belt - I got one of those, right? Let's say yes. I'm sure I'll get around to some of that.

And now for some one line replies.

I now want the game.

Paging @NonSpecificGuy.

Clearly, at least until M2K gets a spray tan.
Its pretty good. The battle system is the only thing I find alright, but I kind of like it. I like the originals better though.

But story is neat, music is good, there's a lot of depth to characters, and the stages are fun as is the dialog. It's a good game imo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Le me vs UB-03

"Ha!, my Silvally has the Ground Memory, now Im safe from your Discharg-"
*??? used Power Whip!*
"OH ****!"

And my Beast Balls failed a couple of times, so it managed to shock half of my team.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kiawe gets my vote. He's just too hot (No pun intended). Plus fire dancing is cool.

Before anyone asks about my avatar, it's just Ryona hanging herself from gift wrapping in a white dress. Thinking little of herself is part of her schtick.

Chrono.

I saw people talking about Paper Mario earlier and forgot to post this.

Pretty interesting outlook on both games... At least to me (I haven't played either game).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I saw people talking about Paper Mario earlier and forgot to post this.

Pretty interesting outlook on both games... At least to me (I haven't played either game).
Aaaaaand I think I left my water running.

Going to leave since I'd rather not talk more Paper Mario.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Aaaaaand I think I left my water running.

Going to leave since I'd rather not talk more Paper Mario.
Unless you were using the workshop sinks, there's no way your water is running.

Now my new Ryona avatar makes me sound smug.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The Aether Foundation Employee outfit should be an outfit option in Stars. It looks so damn good. And so do the employees who wear them to be honest.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I might bother if one of the "select pokemon" is mareep

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom